Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning!!

wow good news on several fronts, meds straight, prizes, job offer, happy friday dance,lol..

Things are humming around here, huh!!

chily here this am,but warming up now, not enough to turn the furnace on for,but a definite chill to the house this am....

never the less, there are things to be done,so I will get started soon,hope all your Friday's go smoothly!!!!! catch y a later!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy

great news on the job front,you're getting closer to  I  :manyheart  Virginia

Kuddles great prize,well deserved,hope Kiddles continues to feel better

Annie so good to hear you had a good day out and were able to stop by here 2x's

its been raining buckets here,so hard it was a waterfall out our back door,rain overwhelmed the gutters,but the plants will be happy

I watered the potted plants yesterday,,told the in-ground plants,their turn would come when the rain fell

stll working on my squares,but its slow going,trying to find some yellow and light blue,I know I have them somewhere.

everyone have a great Friday :hook  :hook

Cindy- hang in there! A friend of mine just had her baby last week, she was 2 weeks past due! Ultrasound estimated baby at 9lbs, but she was only 7 something, so you just never know.

Owlvamp- unfortunately 8 homes, an 18 unit condo complex, and 2 businesses have already been lost, and 1 confirmed death. Over 9,000 acres burned as of last night. Such devastation...my heart aches for these people, I've lived in a couple of these neighborhoods. Here's the latest information I've found:

http://www.weather.com/safety/wildfires/san-diego-wildfires-carlsbad-fallbrook-san-marcos-20140514

its been raining buckets here,so hard it was a waterfall out our back door,rain overwhelmed the gutters,but the plants will be happy

I watered the potted plants yesterday,,told the in-ground plants,their turn would come when the rain fell

stll working on my squares,but its slow going,trying to find some yellow and light blue,I know I have them somewhere.

everyone have a great Friday :hook  :hook

Send that rain to CA!

Cindy I am glad the job news is good.  Now waiting for little one to arrive safely.

Kuddles, what a nice prize, I am sure you will have fun with it.

Anne 2x in one day from you =super.

I also hope they get those fires contained soon.  The destruction is so sad to see.  I have friends headed that way for their daughter's college graduation.

I had to carry plants back in and cover my tomato plants as we had frost last night.

Nikgetsfit. Hi I dont believe we have met.  :hug

I got a wonderful surprise in the mail from BGS

C9F61C4D.jpg

Much love and Thanks. 

here is what I have so far in sqs

CAA46026.jpg

Not arrange in any particular order

I have some sqs waiting to be sent just havent made it to get envelopes yet lol

Glad Kiddles is ok.

Cindy that baby is just waiting till my predicted due date  :P

Heloooooooo everyone

I teach my first Zumba class today.  :cheer

Nikgetsfit. Hi I dont believe we have met.  :hug

C9F61C4D.jpg

Much love and Thanks. 

CAA46026.jpg

Glad Kiddles is ok.

Cindy that baby is just waiting till my predicted due date  :P

Heloooooooo everyone

I teach my first Zumba class today.  :cheer

You're welcome. :hug  They made it earlier than I expected.  It looks like you are off to a good start on this one.  Let us know how your class goes

hi all,

well, as it stands now, there are more FOR the one square a month biggest square

than there are for doing dual or multiple squares to finish up.

I added in the late comers to the yet to be biggest squares, so I think this is how it will stand......

There are six more  people to be biggest squares, that will take us through to Dec, in which we will have another Christmas People's Choice, or a secret santa type swapping of squares, and in jan, 2015. we will start our birthday month biggest square, is that alright with everyone. That way, those that are with us right at this moment, will all get a chance to be biggest square!!!

I like that it worked out like that...

Now if anyone else joins between here and Dec, we can either try to squeeze them in, or they will only qualify for the birthday bash BiggestSquare,ok ok, fine fine, good good, sigh,now that it has been decided,lol

So on the 25th, all you "biggest squares" out there, that haven't been yet, one of you will get a pm from me, askin you if you wanna!!!!!! lol that's easy!!!

I have few more puffys to mail, try to get that done tomorrow, or early nextt week, waiting on a couple of replys, if I don't get a pm, I will hold onto those couple, till if and when the recips decide to return to our waiting arms, lol

In no way should people not still join,we will get you on the list for birthday month asap if you join now!!! thanks all, for the voting and all, glad it worked out,either way was fine with me!!

you welcome of course Bgs, thanks for all you do for all of us!!!

And lovely squares, looks like a very colorful afgan is in the works, love the colors,so warm looking too, and they aren't even put together yet,lol     

I love eye candy!!!!!!

hi all,

well, as it stands now, there are more FOR the one square a month biggest square

than there are for doing dual or multiple squares to finish up.

I added in the late comers to the yet to be biggest squares, so I think this is how it will stand......

There are six more  people to be biggest squares, that will take us through to Dec, in which we will have another Christmas People's Choice, or a secret santa type swapping of squares, and in jan, 2015. we will start our birthday month biggest square, is that alright with everyone. That way, those that are with us right at this moment, will all get a chance to be biggest square!!!

I like that it worked out like that...

Now if anyone else joins between here and Dec, we can either try to squeeze them in, or they will only qualify for the birthday bash BiggestSquare,ok ok, fine fine, good good, sigh,now that it has been decided,lol

So on the 25th, all you "biggest squares" out there, that haven't been yet, one of you will get a pm from me, askin you if you wanna!!!!!! lol that's easy!!!

I have few more puffys to mail, try to get that done tomorrow, or early nextt week, waiting on a couple of replys, if I don't get a pm, I will hold onto those couple, till if and when the recips decide to return to our waiting arms, lol

In no way should people not still join,we will get you on the list for birthday month asap if you join now!!! thanks all, for the voting and all, glad it worked out,either way was fine with me!!

:clap 2015 will be the year of the birthday bash. 

I received 4 lovely 6" squares today from an Omaha address. Very pretty!! I don't have them with me or is show pictures. I'm mobile right now. Thank you!! First 2 rows sewn together horizontally! Back to outlining the next one. Half through the trip.

Jessicali   Mine from Katy didnt have her name anywhere on the envelope or inside either I thought it was from her but had to look on here to make certain before posting my thanks to the wrong person lol

Well due to rain and ball games and other things....  there was no Zumba tonight  :(

Hey all!
Really sorry for not being around of late. Got quite a few problems going down in the Skoggy household at the moment.

Got some nice squarey eye candy to show you tomorrow. I got my choco squares out and took a pic (I haven't gotten round to sewing them together yet) and it takes up nearly all my kingsize bed. I love it! Big :hug to everyone who sent me squares for it.

Thought you'd like to see a pic of how big the Skoglets are now.

post-54070-0-60540900-1400287687_thumb.jpg

Felicia is going to be 3 in July. Where did that time go!?!? Isabel is growing up so quickly. She is just over 1½ now but seems so much older. :)

Hope everyone is well. x

wow,was just pm'ng her,and she shows up, silly gal,the kids are adorable,I just love those faces! Nice to hear from you as well, and hope all works out better, very soon, for you and yours! So it is done huh, well, all but sewed together,wow,it must be gigantic,lol, I will await pics impatiently, lol!     Im putting you down as NMN (no more needed) for that ghan,and if you plan or want to do another,just let us know,and Ill change that status again, thanks for checking in my friend!!!!!

ohhhh handyman just brought in the mail, we haven't been able to get to the mailboxes during the day much, as they are working onthe streets here, and park right in front of the mail box row soo, got it today, and two, count um two puffies!!!

One from Yarnmonkey, Thank you Nikki, for the beautiful note cards, they will go for good use, and the nice words inside the card, and one from Bgs, thank you as well Brenda, love the pot holder, it's nice and thick, and was wondering what to do with some cotton I have left over from some other things, and I love h ow you made yours, in granny squares, doubled thickness!! So nice, it will sit by my counter by the oven, handyman,. is always trying to put h0t things on my counter, now he can do it, but it will be on this!!

Thank you both so much for the kind words, and the little giftees, I am so surprised, was great to find two puffies today!! with :manyheart  :ty  such nice goodies inside!!!!!

UPDATE on the job in VA! Hubs just got an email from his soon-to-be supervisor and he has been approved to skip the requal and just do a modified refresher. He also got an email from the head of security that his clearance went through (wow, that was fast!). Now all he needs to do is clear medical and the job is his, unconditionally. YAY!

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to have you in Virginia!!  :yay  :hug

Good morning chatty group! Wow!

Brenda, hugs and prayers for you and your dad! Keep us posted.

Cindy....hang in there, that baby must be coming soon! And Woot on your hubby's job!

Ann, so glad you felt good enough to get on here twice in one day! Hugs and hope you keep feeling good!

Everyone else, howdy!

Well I got my gift for winning the purse category on facebook on Christine's Crochet Along....here is a pic of what I won! How fun!

Have a great Friday all!

kuddles

Looks like a fun prize! I'll have to check out that book too!  :yes

Cindy

great news on the job front,you're getting closer to  I  :manyheart  Virginia

Kuddles great prize,well deserved,hope Kiddles continues to feel better

Annie so good to hear you had a good day out and were able to stop by here 2x's

everyone have a great Friday

So glad the rain finally stopped! I'm outside of Richmond and it was miserable here last night and into this morning! I hope your flooding goes away soon! 

Nikgetsfit. Hi I dont believe we have met.  

Much love and Thanks. 

Glad Kiddles is ok.

Cindy that baby is just waiting till my predicted due date  

Heloooooooo everyone

I teach my first Zumba class today. 

Beautiful squares!  :manyheart  Sorry your Zumba class got cancelled... better luck for the next one!

Hey all!

Really sorry for not being around of late. Got quite a few problems going down in the Skoggy household at the moment.

Got some nice squarey eye candy to show you tomorrow. I got my choco squares out and took a pic (I haven't gotten round to sewing them together yet) and it takes up nearly all my kingsize bed. I love it! Big to everyone who sent me squares for it.

Thought you'd like to see a pic of how big the Skoglets are now.

attachicon.gifskoglets.jpg

Felicia is going to be 3 in July. Where did that time go!?!? Isabel is growing up so quickly. She is just over 1½ now but seems so much older.

Hope everyone is well. x

Hope all your problems clear themselves up soon! And your girls are beautiful!!  :manyheart

:ty  Katy  for the beautiful squares I found in my mailbox this evening! I'm going to work on getting them added to my ghan tonight. They'll be lovely with what I have so far! Then maybe tomorrow I'll actually remember to post a picture of what I've got so far! 

post-11765-0-84750400-1400291773_thumb.jpg

No big plans here for the weekend... tomorrow my sister is bringing Peanut over and we're going to have breakfast since DH will be out and about (He doesn't like breakfast food... crazy, i know!) and then go to an antique mall/flea market down the road. When DH gets home tomorrow evening, we're going to go to the Lebanese Food Festival in town for dinner. We're suckers for a food festival and they have these fabulous desserts, zalabias I think they're called?? Basically they're little balls of deep fried dough covered in fresh honey. They're hot and ooey and gooey and amazing!! 

With all the activity tomorrow, I think Sunday will just be a relax and get things done around the house day! I'm hoping to have at least one and maybe 2 puffies out this week. I still need to track down that elusive missing yarn from the squares several weeks ago! 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'll be checking in once in a while!  :)

ohhhh handyman just brought in the mail, we haven't been able to get to the mailboxes during the day much, as they are working onthe streets here, and park right in front of the mail box row soo, got it today, and two, count um two puffies!!!

One from Yarnmonkey, Thank you Nikki, for the beautiful note cards, they will go for good use, and the nice words inside the card, and one from Bgs, thank you as well Brenda, love the pot holder, it's nice and thick, and was wondering what to do with some cotton I have left over from some other things, and I love h ow you made yours, in granny squares, doubled thickness!! So nice, it will sit by my counter by the oven, handyman,. is always trying to put h0t things on my counter, now he can do it, but it will be on this!!

Thank you both so much for the kind words, and the little giftees, I am so surprised, was great to find two puffies today!! with :manyheart  :ty  such nice goodies inside!!!!!

I'm so glad you got them! Thank you for being such an outstanding angel!!  :hug  :manyheart

ah Nikki, you made me blush, lol

Hey, in honor of May being our anniversary month, Im posting two free patterns here on the ville. You  might remember a wh ile back, i asked for testers, well I got them!! I only have one up right now, and it's simple, Owlvamp tested for me, it's right here, on the ville, thanks for you help, next one will go up i n a couple of days! S0 happy anniversary to you all, check out the free patterns to celebrate with me!!!!

Ok, got the other one up!! Thanks to Cindyssweetthings,and Dragnlady5 for their testing the pattern, and their help and advice!!

Second free pattern in honor of our anniversary,,,,,,,, is here   Enjoy ladies! Happy ANniversary!

OOOh another first!! THis is the 10,000th post of this new thread!!!! Only took us three years, lol good for us!!!!!!!!!

Archived