Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Howdy! I can't believe I didn't get on here this morning! Sorry gals!

Happy BD owlvamp! Woot!

Ann, so glad you checked in!

Everyone, hope you are having a good evening!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

Happy Birthday Owlvamp!

Not much going on, typical Monday...work and a stop at Walmart. I'm working on finishing a dress for my granddaughter.

Have a great evening.

Good Morning to all my Square Friends!!!

Wow Kuddles, we're having wonderful day here, but I don't know if it's supposed to get that warm.  The weather really is crazy this year.  DH was just saying how our forsythia bushes haven't bloomed and they should have by now.  Someone else in town was telling him the same thing.  And the apple trees are way behind too, but our magnolia put out lots of blossoms and they stayed longer than ever before! LOL!  Crazy!  Oh well, whatcha gonna do.  Enjoy what we can and try to make the world a better place were we can.  And as you say, smile, it might just make someone's day!

Have a wonderful day everyone!  :hug

hi ho, to all,''

Have just finished posting a few more puffy's, but holding on to a couple yet, no reply, no visiting us here on the thread, sooooo, keeping them to either mail later, or give them to someone else...

It surprises me, that some people are posting on other threads, regularly it seems, but nothing here in a while, and what bothers me a little bit about that, THis is where you get something FREE, just for popping in, now and then, lol  Oh well, can't force anyone to do anything, but it would seem to me, to post here now and then, in "payment' for some free squares, is little  to ask, eh. lol Oh well...

Brunch was canceled for this am, due to someone's illness, and someone else's hubby in the hospital, so we're doing it on Friday,

which is rare for us, we usually plan on a tues, or thurs, to accomondate those that work on the other days, oh well, we're running out of month, lol so the 23rd it is....Some new place, I have never been to, but close by, so we'll see.. Do they make the bacon crunchy crisp??? Oh and the hashbrowns, gotta be tender on the inside, and crunchy on the outside, coffee hot, diet coke,not pepsi, crepes where theydon't taste like raw dough, see, we are not THAT picky, lol

Hey ya all, have a great day today ok!!

Good afternoon.

Sorry was trying to get started on my I Spy swap. Need to get them all sorted and in the mail ....

As soon as I can get my yarn all unpacked I'm planning on making some squares to send out. I did find some white. Will have to look at the first page to see what people need. Is there anyone who doesn't receive much?

Sorry your brunch was canceled. Hopefully everyone will be up to it by Friday. Better to cancel than to get sick.

Sorry about others not posting. Maybe they will worm their way back or if don't follow rules off they go. It's your call your hing dig. Honestly I could never tell. I guess I live in my own world.

Harlie is doing wonderful today. Thank goodness.!!

Hope everyone is doing good.

Owlvamp, glad to hear Harlie is doing good. Katy, I was wondering about the brunch group because it seemed like we hadn't had a brunch report for awhile. Don't let it get to you about our mia's. Seems like it's always been an issue and probably always will be. We just have to enjoy those that check in with us regularly and hope everything is okay with those that don't. They will come back if and when they are ready. There is no way we can figure out the why. On our end it seems rude but we don't know what is going on in their lives and heads. It just seems like for whatever reason there is a lot less activity on this site as a whole. It kind of makes me sad and I miss so many of those that have left.

hi ho, to all,''

Have just finished posting a few more puffy's, but holding on to a couple yet, no reply, no visiting us here on the thread, sooooo, keeping them to either mail later, or give them to someone else...

It surprises me, that some people are posting on other threads, regularly it seems, but nothing here in a while, and what bothers me a little bit about that, THis is where you get something FREE, just for popping in, now and then, lol  Oh well, can't force anyone to do anything, but it would seem to me, to post here now and then, in "payment' for some free squares, is little  to ask, eh. lol Oh well...

Brunch was canceled for this am, due to someone's illness, and someone else's hubby in the hospital, so we're doing it on Friday,

which is rare for us, we usually plan on a tues, or thurs, to accomondate those that work on the other days, oh well, we're running out of month, lol so the 23rd it is....Some new place, I have never been to, but close by, so we'll see.. Do they make the bacon crunchy crisp??? Oh and the hashbrowns, gotta be tender on the inside, and crunchy on the outside, coffee hot, diet coke,not pepsi, crepes where theydon't taste like raw dough, see, we are not THAT picky, lol

Hey ya all, have a great day today ok!!

seems to me,once they get queen they disappear after that,a  number of us have't done that and good thing,thats what keeps us going

Hi everyone!

I had an enjoyable afternoon at the movies. Seemed a little funny going by myself but since DD moved I don't have a movie buddy nearby. I went to see Mom's Night Out and it was very good.

Not much else going on, just the same stuff on a different day.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Hi, Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around...after I switched jobs in January, life got complicated extremely quickly. It wasn't just the job; things seemed to fall about rather suddenly personally as well. Things were just...horrible. BUT, things that are just horrible have the ability to change, and so do people (I'm talking about myself here). Even though the situations I'm dealing with are not totally resolved, whatever happens, I know that I'll be okay in the end. So, even though I haven't picked up my hook in months, I'm back and ready to play again!!

A while back, I received a puffy that somehow got misplaced, and while I was cleaning, I discovered it. It was full of beautiful squares!! Thank you, KatyAllen!! Talk about feeling the love!! Gosh, how I've missed this place...hanging out, talking with everyone, sharing lives...I'm soooo incredibly happy to be back. <3

Howdy everyone!  I'm back again!!  WooHoo!  Well, I made it to my weekly medical appt and had some energy left on the way home, so I talked DH into bringing me to the PO.  He has been the one going in to do our business lately, but I said that I wanted to go in today, so he wheeled me in!  Boy, it felt good to be able to do this on my own (well sort of, lol).  I mailed out 10 puffies and 3 envelopes!!! Whew!  Keep your eyes open people, you just might be getting a little something in the mail!  :devil   Expected delivery date for all is 5/23...

Katie, I'm so sorry that your brunch was cancelled.  It's always nice to hear about your plans with them.  I have to agree with your comment about our folks that disappear.  I was talking to DH about just that thing today.  It really makes me appreciate the members that do stick around, especially those of you that aren't collecting any more, but still send out squares!  You are the best!  :hug

Owlvamp, so glad that Harley is doing better!  Woot!

cshort, I'm so glad that you had a nice time at the movies!  It has been ages since DH and I have been to an actual movie theater.  Heck, we haven't even rented a movie in years, lol.  My son felt so bad for us that we didn't have a tv anymore that he and DIL gave us their old one last month.  They had recently purchased a new one and this one was just sitting in their garage.  We still don't have cable, but we can watch DVD's again and I signed up for Hulu plus, so I'm getting caught up on the shows that I used to watch, lol.  Oh, isn't life exciting!  :lol   

Ok, that's all from me for tonight.  Don't know when or if I'll be on tomorrow.  I'm having my feeding tube replaced and have to be at the hospital early.  You never know if they are going to be running on schedule or not or if an emergency comes in, I get bumped, so it could be an all day affair.  Hopefully I'll be home by late afternoon and not too groggy, lol.   Hugs to all!

Hi, Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around...after I switched jobs in January, life got complicated extremely quickly. It wasn't just the job; things seemed to fall about rather suddenly personally as well. Things were just...horrible. BUT, things that are just horrible have the ability to change, and so do people (I'm talking about myself here). Even though the situations I'm dealing with are not totally resolved, whatever happens, I know that I'll be okay in the end. So, even though I haven't picked up my hook in months, I'm back and ready to play again!!

A while back, I received a puffy that somehow got misplaced, and while I was cleaning, I discovered it. It was full of beautiful squares!! Thank you, KatyAllen!! Talk about feeling the love!! Gosh, how I've missed this place...hanging out, talking with everyone, sharing lives...I'm soooo incredibly happy to be back. <3

Welcome back!  Life does have a way of kicking us when we're down, but it also can treat us very well if we let it.  I hope things work out for you. This is always a nice place to come and share.   :hug

We were really cold last week. In fact, one of my friends was chaperoning a field trip and said that they saw snow. Crazy! Today we were back in the high 80s and it's supposed to thunderstorm. Hooray!

We're heading into our most busy time at the library. School visits the next couple of weeks and then Summer Reading starts June 9. It's always fun, but tiring.

Ok, I should get some little girls working on cleaning up some toys so that I can sit and relax without feeling guilty tonight. :)

I agree pineknott there's days that just coming here reading and letting my frustrating times helps so much. I look forward to coming here each day. Actually multiple times a day.:)

It's been a crazy couple of days! Sorry I haven't checked in!

First of all, happy belated birthday, owlvamp!! I hope it was fabulous!  :yay

DH and i went to the Lebanese food festival on Sunday and it was wonderful! I wish we had a similar restaurant around here so I could eat it all the time! Monday I went with my sister to take Peanut for his 2 month shots and he didn't take it well at all! He seemed to recover well, but after she got him home, he went into the fever and fussies and he was NOT happy! Turns out her boyfriend got baby ibuprofen instead of baby Tylenol, which apparently they can't taken until they've hit 6 months. She called me in tears with Peanut screaming his little head off in the background, so off I went to Rite Aid to buy the right thing and take it to her. I wound up keeping him for about an hour so she could get a break and some dinner. By the time I got home, DH and I had to get carry out. I do love my Peanut.  :manyheart He's feeling much better now and has been getting some serious tummy time and practicing rolling over. And good news! He's up to 8lbs and 21" long with an 18" noggin. Just like his mother!! A big ole head! Lol!

No major plans for the week except lunch with my grandmother and uncle in Charlottesville at the big buffet. They have liver and my grandmother and uncle can't get enough.  :(  YUCK!! My sister and Peanut will be tagging along. I'm pretty sure my grandmother would send me home if I didn't at least have Peanut with me! 

I hope everyone who hasn't checked in is okay. It's definitely irritating when they've been elsewhere on the board and not here, but for those who haven't been around at all, I worry. Hopefully life calms down and they can find their way back to us!  :ghug

Hope everyone has had a good start to their week! I'll be back to check in later!  :yes

Good morning all! We had quite the thunderstorms yesterday evening! Hail as well! The high school next to us had their graduation...outside...and we kept hearing it thunder and wondered if they went inside. Then at 8:20, they set off some minor fireworks. They were still outside! Within 10 minutes, the skies opened so....me thinks quite a few families got soaked! At least it was warm out!

Kiddles nose is still doing okay.......although getting a q tip up there 3 times a day isn't fun!

I'm swamped at work so my days go by quickly. Today I leave early for my 6 month dental appt....

Anyone have any fun plans this coming holiday weekend? Kiddles and I may go wild....and drive up to Burlington WI to the chocolate festival! About a 2.5 hour drive.....but it's going to be gorgeous weather and we feel like doing something fun!

And chocolate......come on! Who can resist that!?

Well I better get ready for work. Hope everyone has a great day!

kuddles

Good Morning!

Annie, hope all goes well and quickly with your appt. today.

Nikki, glad you enjoyed the festival and sounds like Peanut is doing great, except for shot day. Fever and irritation are not unusual after they get shots but you feel so bad for them.

Jillipop, be on the look out for a puffy, it will be in the mail this afternoon. It's good to have you back.

Kuddles,  a chocolate festival sounds wonderful, have fun. I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon to go to DDs house for 4 days, I can't wait!

Not much going on here. Work today, church tonight, in between I need to iron DGDs new dress and put it in the garment bag to travel tomorrow. Everything else is packed except for a couple of last minute items.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning!

daughter took cone off Harlie and she scratch her wound open. So i got it to close up and will call the vet today. talk about so mad this morning. So couldnt go back to sleep. i now have little man and daughter said he has been cranky just what i need today. Wow my day has already started. :)

kuddles the chocolate festival sounds wonderful, except i really don't eat chocolate anymore. Its been about 8 months now chocolate free and then only had a nibble for the past 4 years. The doctor seem to think thats what causes my migraines. it didn't but i just haven't got back into eating it. I need to lose at least 37 more pounds to get to my goal. Lost over 100 so need to stay focused and keep the junk food out of my house. I eat no chips, sweets, pop free for 8 months too. The only thing i truly miss having is Dr.Pepper. So i just smell it when daughters get a can or bottle. LOL

Hi, Everyone!

I hope today goes well, GrannyAnnie!  Big hugs!!

Howieann:  Summer reading is sooo important!!  I'm sure it's a fantastic sort of tiring.

Owlvamp: Wow...100 pounds!!  That's remarkable!!  Congrats!!!  I hope Harlie heals quickly.

I'm sorry to hear about Kiddles' nose, Kuddles.

Sticking a Q-tip up there sounds extremely uncomfortable!  Do go to the Chocolate Festival!!  It sounds like sooo much fun.  All I can think about is chocolate covered strawberries...YUM!!!

Cshort:  Thank you sooo much for thinking about me!  I can't wait to get the puffy!!! <3

Things are finally slowing down at work...the school year is almost over.  YAY!!  I *so* can use a summer vacation!!  This weekend I'm going to try to sort my stash and see what needs to be replaced.  A trip to Hobby Lobby is definitely in order!!  I haven't been in months!!  I also want go to Barnes and Noble to check out the crochet books and magazines.  The only thing I'm really dreading this weekend is bathing suit shopping.  UGH!!  Like I need to be reminded of my inadequacies!!  But, if I don't go soon, the bathing suits will be gone and ordering a bathing suit online is not going to happen.  Alright, time to get back to work!!   

Archived