Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all!

Cindy.......I think basically that is what kiddles has....the doc said it is due to her allergies. She is doing okay now that the first day is behind her.....but she sure doesn't enjoy me putting a q tip up her nose every day, three times!

Cooled down here, now below normal temps. Lots of rain. But that's okay.......better than 95!

Well gotta get moving. Busy day at work and of course always busy with kiddles!

kuddles

I'm glad kiddles is getting used to it, but I can't blame her one bit for not liking it! I would hate every second of it! 

hello squares!!!

well, i did get to the post office this am, and will list those zips in this post before too long!! Does Skoggy still need any squares, haven't heard from her for a long time.....And funnygirl, never answered my pm about what exactly is considered ice blue, is it in a particular brand, and if so, does red heart have anything in blues that would qualify....

What else, umm LiL mama,i know has very limited internet, so if anyone wants to chose her, I will pm you her addy, just ask....

Rusty's mom, HELLO DARLIN, good to hear from you, what a nice post catching us up too, glad Rusty and you are fine, and rusty's little friend silver, lol, cute stuff!! ...THANKS FOR voting in too, looks like we'll leave it as is, unless we receive an influx of nays in the next couple days, lol   I will probably be contacting the newest  biggest square on the 25th of this month, if we decide to go with one.. thanks all for sounding off on the vote, appreciate it!

what else, lets see, well,nothing else, cept to list those zips for you!!!

Let me get my receipt!!

61265    so if  you see your zip, chances are, a puffy is coming out  to you, eta friday!!  I think I have a few more ready to post out, gotta tape up the ends, and probably the last will go out next week... there are two, i need to hold on to, till I get answers, lol but other than that, I think (panting now...) that i got most of them out, and the remaining few, and then, I have done everyone!!! cause you are all my queens!!!!!!!

oh what else, didn't get my hanging baskets, they looked so beaten down, must have been the storm, but wil check some other places maybe tomorrow, and see if they look any better...\

Handymanny, was a dear,and brought home my diet coke, lol,I am a bear without it in the am, first thing,so he did it for him as well, Im sure, he he he! OH and the donuts, did help, !!

and the bread/bakery, well, two busses, full of people pulled in to an already FILLED parking lot, and I got impatient thinking about waiting in line, lol, so I will go tomorrow on that probably too, but I did get the laundry detergent Ineeded, and some paper things, like kleenex and such, so the day wasn't a total wipe out! Hope all of you are having a good day, and will be back maybe later on....too shay!!! LOL

Hey, I recognize one of those zip codes!!!  :yay I love getting mail!!  :yes I wish we had somewhere to put hanging baskets, but for now I'll have to stick to little pots... I'm doing green onions right now that I'll probably pot tomorrow. I used some in a recipe and saw on Pinterest that you can put the cuttings in water to grow their roots and then pot them to always have green onions! I'm excited to see how it turns out. 

Pretty squares.  Glad I waited for your current address and I mailed a puffy out to you today.  I know how frustrated you are with your car.  I also feel sorry for your youngest with the poison ivy.  I break out really bad from it.  Sometimes I think I was getting it off of the dogs.  I am always afraid I will transfer it to my face in my sleep and sleep with socks on my hands to try to avoid that.

Glad you checked in and that Rusty and his pal are fine.  Sorry about the refrigerator.  It would be nice if the new one lasts that long but they don't make things like they used to.  At least the new one should be more energy efficient. 

It's almost cold here but that has eliminated the chance for severe storms and tornadoes.  No sun for a couple of days so that makes it feel really cool.  Glad Kiddles is doing better.  She should be thankful that you are just coming at her with a q tip and not the dreaded suction ball you use on babies to remove mucous------my niece really hated that as a baby. 

I hope Skoggy checks in one of these days and posts photos of the afghans on our photo thread that we worked on for each of her daughters . 

In my mind RHSS light blue is what I consider an ice blue. 

I too am addicted to diet coke.  I don't do coffee or tea and just want my diet coke.  I can do almost any diet cola in a pinch.  I hate it when we go out to eat and they are out/don't have it.  It just kind of ruins the whole meal for me.  I have been trying to wean myself off of it but can't quit give it up. 

I mailed 4 puffies today.  I think 2 of you will really be surprised (I hope) 

I'm a water and unsweet iced tea person myself, but my mother-in-law is a strictly diet coke person. It makes her crazy when places tell her they only have Pepsi. She will seriously finish out her meal, but never go back!  :lol I'm lucky enough that I can get iced tea and water anywhere! Although you might be surprised at how picky I am about my tea! Lol! I could never give up coffee and tea!

I received 2 beautiful squares from yarn_monkey today!! One is a BRIGHT pink & the other is a dull almost pastel yellow!! I LOVE them!! I haven't started piecing together my 'ghan just yet.. I'm lining all my squares in black then going to sew them together! We are going out of town this weekend for my brothers graduation from high school so this will give me something to do on the 6 hour car ride while the kids are sleeping/watching TV!

So glad you received them! They got there fast too! I hope the yellow was bright enough for you. I knew the pink would be! I'm putting white borders on all of my squares. I can't wait to see your ghan when you get it all together!  :)

Sister and I went with Peanut, DH and her boyfriend to a seafood buffet this evening for a belated Mother's Day Memorial dinner for our mom. It's where we took Mom a week before she passed away as her Christmas present. We had a really good time, Peanut did really well and I ate WAY too much! For fun, here's a picture of Peanut and his sweet little outfit for the evening. He's still too small for pants to fit him without falling off, so this is a romper style outfit and the tie is snap on. He was so cute and I just love the look on his face here! 

post-11765-0-41684300-1400125444_thumb.jpeg

Cindy, did your hubby make it home? Any news on the baby??  :hug

Good morning!

Thanks bgs and yarnmonkey......kiddles is doing pretty well with the nose! It is what it is.....had to be done, has to happen.....

Nikki - what a cutie patootie!!!!!!

I'm just glad it is Thursday, one day closer to Friday!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning Squares!!!  Yes, I'm up early and feeling almost human today!  Hurray!  Hubby and I are headed to the Walmart later this morning to do some grocery shopping, so hopefully I stay feeling this good.  He starts the groceries and I get to check out the yarn section, hehehe.  That is a major source of fiber in my diet!  :D   I also hope to package up a couple of puffies and get them in the mail while we're out, so I'd better get my butt off this computer and get moving!  :lol   Have a wonderful Thursday!   Ooohhh, any word from Cindy?

ooh, i hope little sweetthings waits till daddy comes home for you Cindy!!

WElcome for the squares howieann, lovely ones in rainbow colors too...glad your square made your day kuddles, hoo ha!!

All else, busy as always, forgot to take my few puffies with me today, on my errands, but hey, there's always tomorrow, lol

got done what  i set out to do, and then some, so home probably now, remembering however,I forgot diet coke,,,,,eeek, can't run out of my life's juice! looks like another trip out, unless I can convince the dandyman, to get it before he's home for the day, he he he.Ill bribe him, I got Crispy Cream donuts today honey,,,,,,,oh,you think you can bring home diet coke please,Ill have your  donut and coffee all ready for you..........he he he.........

I dropped off donations to Proj. Linus, and the emergency preg. center, about 4 or 5 baby ghans apiece, then swung over to Menards, (it's like Lowes, or home depot) and got that large i don't know what you call it, large deep pan sort of, with a large glass lid, dandyman saw that the other day, and wanted it, so picked that up and some hanging baskets for my shepards hooks, and oh, a swiffer spray mop, wish me luck on that, lol I just hate so much sponge mops,and can't find the rag mops, and the handy wipe mops don't look too sturdy,I dunno, this will be the last stop before I finally whip out 4 20's and buy the dang steam cleaner thing for hard floors,,,,,,,sheesh.....

then got the donuts, I mean I was right across the street, ha ha, and then oh,stopped and got a classic sub at the sandwich shop on my way back, and now Im here!

Im saving going to the bakery for bread, and the grocery, and the poffice maybe for tomorrow, lol 

have a good one everyone,back later!!!

My gosh I get tired just reading about your day! LOL!

Got some squares from KatyAllen today. Gorgeous as always. and I got a good giggle out of them. the envelope has the forward label on it under that is a sticky note of the address i was at when I left my husband and under that was the Original address from when i was still living with my husband. lol  Thanks Katie. I will put the to great use. 

991EA5E2.jpg

So got alot going on. We just got back from the band banquet. it is the end of year awards for Marching, pep and color guard. Plus recognition for our Seniors. One of which is mine.  Tomorrow my son meets with Army reserve Sgt and will join the reserves. I am so very proud of him. Next saturday he will graduate High school and we will have his Open house party. 

Yesterday my daughter had a choir concert They will also sing at graduation.

Last week. Monday i went to leave a clients home and a belt had busted in my tire. Got my daughters boyfriend to change it and went home the next morning it was flat. Had a nail in it and where it sat flat had put a crack in the wall. so had to go buy a new tire. got it home and put on went to leave a few hours later and the brakeline had busted. so i didnt get my car running till friday night 

Oh and my youngest has posion Ivy. YEAHHHHH

I am so ready for a nap.

Pretty squares!!!  Ackk!  Poison Ivy!!!  DH gets it when working around the property.  He swears by Technu, it's a lotion that you wash with.  I think you need to use it as soon as you are exposed to it though. Sorry about the car troubles, they never seem to end.  (((hugs))) 

I am here again.  Just checking in for the week.  I have been really busy here and have meant to post here several times but one thing led to another and then that one led to yet another and so on and so on.  I have received some beautiful pastel varigated squares from cshort.  They are lovely and I posted my thanks to her in a private message yesterday along with an explanation of why I was so late.  I promise that I will try to do better.

Latest news here:  my 24 year old refrigerator has quit cooling and I am going to have to get a new refrigerator. This refrigerator has really been a great one. I have not had one bit of trouble from it in all the 24 years I have owned it. 

I have been working on the stashghan I started last year. I have quite a few strips of that made now. I am still working on it.

I am still collecting squares for my pastel ghan. I need many more.  I am making one big enough to fit on a full sized bed. 

Rusty is fine. He and I have been sitting watching TV.  He sits in my lap and I knit and watch TV.  He has a stuffed dog that he has adopted and he takes this stuffed dog around with him in his mouth.  The stuffed dog's name is Silver.  Yesterday Rusty and Silver were both in my lap at the same time.

Sounds like there may be a new baby soon.  I have read the latest posts.  I am glad that Kiddles is getting along better now. 

I will try and check in here once a month.  I notice that some of you post almost every day and I believe that some of you post every day.  How do you do it?

I almost forgot--my vote--I vote one a month and start the birthday thing next year.  Hope everyone is doing fine today.

So good to hear from you!  Rusty sounds so cute going around with his little friend Silver.  Our little dog, Juno, has a lot of toys that she loves to play with, but none that she singles out to take with her all the time, lol.

Good morning all!

Cindy.......I think basically that is what kiddles has....the doc said it is due to her allergies. She is doing okay now that the first day is behind her.....but she sure doesn't enjoy me putting a q tip up her nose every day, three times!

Cooled down here, now below normal temps. Lots of rain. But that's okay.......better than 95!

Well gotta get moving. Busy day at work and of course always busy with kiddles!

kuddles

Poor Kiddles, I wouldn't like to have to put something up my nose three times a day either, lol.   Hugs from "Auntie Ann" across the miles...

Our weather has cooled down too and rain today!  Geez, won't it make up it's mind, lol.

Hi all, Just thought I would check in since its been a while. I feel like such a bad "square" for not getting on here more often but I do think of you even when Im not online. Hope you all are doing well :hugs for you all and take care

Hello there!  So good to "see" you!  Hope you're doing good.

I received 2 beautiful squares from yarn_monkey today!! One is a BRIGHT pink & the other is a dull almost pastel yellow!! I LOVE them!! I haven't started piecing together my 'ghan just yet.. I'm lining all my squares in black then going to sew them together! We are going out of town this weekend for my brothers graduation from high school so this will give me something to do on the 6 hour car ride while the kids are sleeping/watching TV!

The squares sound pretty.  Great idea to keep busy sewing them together on the ride out of town!

I'm glad kiddles is getting used to it, but I can't blame her one bit for not liking it! I would hate every second of it! 

Hey, I recognize one of those zip codes!!!  :yay I love getting mail!!  :yes I wish we had somewhere to put hanging baskets, but for now I'll have to stick to little pots... I'm doing green onions right now that I'll probably pot tomorrow. I used some in a recipe and saw on Pinterest that you can put the cuttings in water to grow their roots and then pot them to always have green onions! I'm excited to see how it turns out. 

I'm a water and unsweet iced tea person myself, but my mother-in-law is a strictly diet coke person. It makes her crazy when places tell her they only have Pepsi. She will seriously finish out her meal, but never go back!  :lol I'm lucky enough that I can get iced tea and water anywhere! Although you might be surprised at how picky I am about my tea! Lol! I could never give up coffee and tea!

So glad you received them! They got there fast too! I hope the yellow was bright enough for you. I knew the pink would be! I'm putting white borders on all of my squares. I can't wait to see your ghan when you get it all together!  :)

Sister and I went with Peanut, DH and her boyfriend to a seafood buffet this evening for a belated Mother's Day Memorial dinner for our mom. It's where we took Mom a week before she passed away as her Christmas present. We had a really good time, Peanut did really well and I ate WAY too much! For fun, here's a picture of Peanut and his sweet little outfit for the evening. He's still too small for pants to fit him without falling off, so this is a romper style outfit and the tie is snap on. He was so cute and I just love the look on his face here! 

attachicon.gif2014-05-14 21.43.30.jpeg

Cindy, did your hubby make it home? Any news on the baby??  :hug

Awwww, peanut is sooooo cute!  Thanks for the pic!

Good morning!

Thanks bgs and yarnmonkey......kiddles is doing pretty well with the nose! It is what it is.....had to be done, has to happen.....

Nikki - what a cutie patootie!!!!!!

I'm just glad it is Thursday, one day closer to Friday!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hope you and Kiddles have a great day!

Hope kiddles is doing good today. I don't blame her either I wouldn't want something up my nose three times a day. I would run for the hills. :)

Peanut sure is cute. Thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Good morning all!

busy place here this am!!! did i freak you out, I know, it's only quarter to 8!! What's up with that!! actually I was up a bit earlier, Im sitting here waking up with my diet coke, much to early to get my day on quite yet!!

Thing is, i don't have much to really say in the early ams, lol, brain is still waking up!

Here's something, my sister in Idaho, is getting ready to have another garage sale! She makes a business out of this, i swear..... She has been sorting and boxing and such, Im at a loss to understand WHERE she gets it all, I suspect she buys things,uses them for a month, and throws them in the garage sale pile.....Then she will ship her left overs, or some of the ones she thinks I would like, or my other sis would like to us. if they don't sell.She does this like 3 tmies a year, she is not hurting in any way for money, never has been, so has gotten into the habit of impulse buying,I suspect.But hey, if you can afford to do it, so be it, not for me to fault! lol  its getting to the point, i don't need, can't use and have no room to store more stuff, soooo what I can't use then, I will pass on, as I have been doing for years.

One time, she sent me like over a dozen un used, tag still on purses,that I promtly brought out for my brunch bunch, and let them have at it!!!! ha ha, so see,nothing goes to waste! I think i kept one out of the bunch. NOw, if it were yarn...............

ok,well, gonna be a nice day out,little cool, but I would prefer my temps to always stay at around I dunno, 76, and that would be fine all year round,lol hate the cold, hate the heat,love the inbetweenst area!!

all for now,hope you all have a great day, talk to you later,!!

Hey all!  It's me back for a second visit in one day, can you believe it! It's been a while since that has happened. :lol  We managed to get the groceries done and hubby, sweetheart that he is, told me to head over to the craft dept and he'd find me when he was done, lol.  I managed to only pick up 5 skeins of yarn and pulled myself out of the dept to "help" finish the shopping.  Of course he was finished with what we needed, so picked up a couple of things we could have done without, mmmm cinnamon candies, hubby got his honey buns. :)  Katie, I have a friend that usually has a yard sale at least once a year and she does great at it!  I try and am lucky to get $50. :(  Hubby and I have been talking about it here since we haven't had one since we've lived here, but they are so much work.  I don't know.  Maybe my friend and your sister can give us some pointers, lol.  That's fantastic that she sends you all that stuff too!  Oh!  I almost forgot to tell you!  We stopped into the local Salvation Army store the other day.  I had such high hopes that I might find some yarn/crafty stuff!  NOTHING! I was so disappointed.  I don't know how you guys do it. :lol

:mail I got a very nice card today from yarn_monkey along with a pack of notecards.  Thank you so much. It brightened up my day a bit as  I am a little down. Last night I was told my dad has cancer.  We are waiting to find out just how bad it is. 

Hey ladies! I received some more squares from Katy I think on Saturday (?) thank you so much! I spent Mother's Day weekend rearranging furniture in E's room, relaxing, and got a mani/pedi (something I rarely do)...E and DH we're visiting family in San Diego so basically my Mother's Day gift was a weekend off!

post-71546-0-92934900-1400195216_thumb.jpg

If I could ask for your prayers (or thoughts) for friends and family in San Diego County, and for the fire crews who are fighting all those fires down there... I lived there in 2007 when the fires were so massive before but I think it seems worse or like there are more fires this time, so scary.

Hubs is home, baby isn't yet. Still baking! I had an ultrasound this afternoon. Baby is measuring 8 lbs 13 oz. Yikes! Not only has she baked the longest, she is going to be the biggest baby, by far. Y was born at 38 weeks 4 days and weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. I'm getting REAL nervous!

I saw my zip code listed. Woot!

Hey Bgs, sorry to hear about dad, keep us posted.

:mail I got a very nice card today from yarn_monkey along with a pack of notecards.  Thank you so much. It brightened up my day a bit as  I am a little down. Last night I was told my dad has cancer.  We are waiting to find out just how bad it is. 

Hi Nikki glad they arrived, as i always worry so, when "they " travel, ha ha.

Hey ladies! I received some more squares from Katy I think on Saturday (?) thank you so much! I spent Mother's Day weekend rearranging furniture in E's room, relaxing, and got a mani/pedi (something I rarely do)...E and DH we're visiting family in San Diego so basically my Mother's Day gift was a weekend off!
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

If I could ask for your prayers (or thoughts) for friends and family in San Diego County, and for the fire crews who are fighting all those fires down there... I lived there in 2007 when the fires were so massive before but I think it seems worse or like there are more fires this time, so scary.

and ann,nice to hear from you twice i one day, I marked it on the calendar,ha ha ha, kidding,good to see you getting out a bit, and feeling a touch better, new yarn,candles, and sweets, makes for a good day!!!!!!!!!

chelly here, frost warning out, good thing I don't have my hanging baskets done yet, stuff is in the shed, awaiting miracle gro, that handy manny was supposed to pick up, but hey,l at least he remembered the most important thing,my diet coke  the other day, ha ha, that is what matters, right people!!

Didn't feel too well this am,think the alergies or something,but better n ow,nothing like a nice quiet restful day to recoop when you aren'tfeeling your best.eh./

More later, and yeah,my sis, used to live in san diego too, so lets all hope for the best out there!!!!

Hello everyone!

Yarn_Monkey, thank you for the sweet card and adorable pack of note cards! Peanut is too cute.

Lots of pretty squares.

Grannyannie, glad you were able to get out to shop today, fiber is very important in your diet  :lol

Prayers for those in the area of the fires.

Katie, you've been super busy.  I mailed a package to funnygirl last week and sent her a pm to see if they arrived but I haven't heard from her.

it's been raining most of the day here and I think it's suppose continue tonight and into tomorrow morning.

Not much else going on here. Have a great evening.

yarnmonkey....

I have tried to contact her as well, Im holding one for her, in case she turns up soon....... I used the frosty green, pink, light "ice" blue,and a lavendar, her fav colors. Hope she checks in soon.........

Hi lacey, has your addy changed, I think I sent to you, either last week, or just today, not sure, lol but hopefully you haven't moved!

Hi Katy, No Im still in the same place :) I will let you know as soon as it makes its way here :)

ok Lacey, Iknow you will!!!! lol how is life going, a little quieter for you now?

Things seem to be going smoother for the moment, but all is good here. Got my 11 yr olds meds straightened out and hes doing so much better. He had lost 12 pounds over 3 or 4 months and the last month of that was 3 pounds. He was down to 63 pounds :( It was suppressing his appetite more than we thought and I was not a happy Momma. But now that hes on a dif med, hes eating like crazy and gaining some of his weight back.   

The kids get out of school for the summer on the 23rd, so I will be happy to get to sleep in, and so will they. But with my luck they will wake up at 6 am still. Ohhhh Nooooo, Not on My watch :) LOL

busy place here this am!!! did i freak you out, I know, it's only quarter to 8!! What's up with that!! actually I was up a bit earlier, Im sitting here waking up with my diet coke, much to early to get my day on quite yet!!

Thing is, i don't have much to really say in the early ams, lol, brain is still waking up!

Here's something, my sister in Idaho, is getting ready to have another garage sale! She makes a business out of this, i swear..... She has been sorting and boxing and such, Im at a loss to understand WHERE she gets it all, I suspect she buys things,uses them for a month, and throws them in the garage sale pile.....Then she will ship her left overs, or some of the ones she thinks I would like, or my other sis would like to us. if they don't sell.She does this like 3 tmies a year, she is not hurting in any way for money, never has been, so has gotten into the habit of impulse buying,I suspect.But hey, if you can afford to do it, so be it, not for me to fault! lol  its getting to the point, i don't need, can't use and have no room to store more stuff, soooo what I can't use then, I will pass on, as I have been doing for years.

One time, she sent me like over a dozen un used, tag still on purses,that I promtly brought out for my brunch bunch, and let them have at it!!!! ha ha, so see,nothing goes to waste! I think i kept one out of the bunch. NOw, if it were yarn...............

ok,well, gonna be a nice day out,little cool, but I would prefer my temps to always stay at around I dunno, 76, and that would be fine all year round,lol hate the cold, hate the heat,love the inbetweenst area!!

all for now,hope you all have a great day, talk to you later,!!

Your sister sounds a little bit like my grandmother, except she isn't a shopper per say... She likes to find deals and recycle. She goes to estate sales and yard sales with her sisters and she buys big boxes of random things for as little as a quarter. Lord help me if she sees any yarn or craft supplies, because I'm guaranteed to wind up with them! Her sisters also pass along stacks and stacks of magazines to her (one of them buys all the ones that have giveaways that she can enter) so I wind up with boxes upon boxes of old magazines whenever I see her. One good thing is I always get at least a couple of good recipes out of them!

oh yeah,i love the idea of the green onions,might have to try that!!!!!!

I realized I was always buying packs of green onions at the grocery store, using a couple for a recipe and the rest were going in the garbage because I never used them before they went bad. I tried chopping and freezing them like regular onions, but when they thaw out they just get soggy and slimy. Last time I bought a bag, I sliced off what I needed and put the white parts with the roots on them in a jar with some water. I think I had them in there for about a week to get the roots going really well and then today I planted them. They really took off in the water, so I hope they'll do the same thing in the soil! We're about to find out whether I got my mom's plant genes or my dad's! Lol!

I got a very nice card today from yarn_monkey along with a pack of notecards.  Thank you so much. It brightened up my day a bit as  I am a little down. Last night I was told my dad has cancer.  We are waiting to find out just how bad it is. 

I'm so glad you got them and I'm glad they came at a good time. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! Please keep us updated and if there's anything I can do, please let me know!  :hug

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Beautiful squares from Katy! Definitely keeping that area in my thoughts. I can't even imagine... I am TERRIFIED of fire!  :(

Hubs is home, baby isn't yet. Still baking! I had an ultrasound this afternoon. Baby is measuring 8 lbs 13 oz. Yikes! Not only has she baked the longest, she is going to be the biggest baby, by far. Y was born at 38 weeks 4 days and weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. I'm getting REAL nervous!

I saw my zip code listed. Woot!

I'm so glad your hubby made it home before the baby did!  :cheer That's success in itself, I think! All that time baking as obviously helped her grow! Keep us updated!!  :hug

Hello everyone!

Yarn_Monkey, thank you for the sweet card and adorable pack of note cards! Peanut is too cute.

Lots of pretty squares.

Grannyannie, glad you were able to get out to shop today, fiber is very important in your diet  

Prayers for those in the area of the fires.

Katie, you've been super busy.  I mailed a package to funnygirl last week and sent her a pm to see if they arrived but I haven't heard from her.

it's been raining most of the day here and I think it's suppose continue tonight and into tomorrow morning.

Not much else going on here. Have a great evening.

Glad you got them!!  :D

Things seem to be going smoother for the moment, but all is good here. Got my 11 yr olds meds straightened out and hes doing so much better. He had lost 12 pounds over 3 or 4 months and the last month of that was 3 pounds. He was down to 63 pounds It was suppressing his appetite more than we thought and I was not a happy Momma. But now that hes on a dif med, hes eating like crazy and gaining some of his weight back.   

The kids get out of school for the summer on the 23rd, so I will be happy to get to sleep in, and so will they. But with my luck they will wake up at 6 am still. Ohhhh Nooooo, Not on My watch LOL

I'm glad they got your son's meds figured out! He should be eating like a bottomless pit at 11, not losing weight! I don't blame you for worrying! Your kids get out on the 23rd?? School doesn't let out here until a week or two into June, and maybe even later this year because of all the snow days they had this winter. 

Not much to report here today. We made a trip to the post office and to the grocery store because we needed milk and I wanted to buy angel food cake mix and crushed pineapple to make a cake I saw on Pinterest, but DH talked me out of it because he hates pineapple. How can anyone hate pineapple? I thought it would be fabulous idea, especially since it's Weight Watchers and we're trying to lose some weight. I would up with a regular already made angel food cake from the bakery department and some fresh strawberries that I'll cut up to put on top. DH won't eat strawberries either (he's so weird! :reyes ) but at least I'll have them! 

Tomorrow we're going to get new tires put on his car and then out to dinner at a new restaurant where one of our friends is a chef. DH isn't big on eating at new places so going somewhere new is different for us. Hopefully it will be good so we can add another restaurant into the list of places we go!  :D

Hope everyone has a good evening! Happy Friday tomorrow!!  :yay

UPDATE on the job in VA! Hubs just got an email from his soon-to-be supervisor and he has been approved to skip the requal and just do a modified refresher. He also got an email from the head of security that his clearance went through (wow, that was fast!). Now all he needs to do is clear medical and the job is his, unconditionally. YAY!

Good morning chatty group! Wow!

Brenda, hugs and prayers for you and your dad! Keep us posted.

Cindy....hang in there, that baby must be coming soon! And Woot on your hubby's job!

Ann, so glad you felt good enough to get on here twice in one day! Hugs and hope you keep feeling good!

Everyone else, howdy!

Well I got my gift for winning the purse category on facebook on Christine's Crochet Along....here is a pic of what I won! How fun!

Have a great Friday all!

kuddles

post-17419-0-14058900-1400237513_thumb.jpg

I'm here to do my usual Happy Friday dance  :dance, I've taught my preschoolers do to this on Fridays, the look really cute.  

Working and then home to spend most of the weekend sewing, I have a new project to work on for the grandkids and need it finished before I head up there on Thursday.

Cindy, that is great news about hubby's job.

Kuddles, that is a very nice prize.

Have a great day everyone!

Cindy oh that's good news on hubby. See keep your chin up and keep praying . It will all work out. No baby yet. Well it will wait till Monday on my birthday. :)

Prayers go out to those in need and for the fire area. Hopefully nothing happens and no one looses their home.

Beautiful squares. Love the yarn you use.

Good morning !

How kiddles doing today?

Archived