Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Welcome Reiann to our little corner of the square world. Hope you enjoy it here.

I finished a blacklight headband and sold it and got a request for another and made another swiffer pad while supervising band students working the concession stand for the JH Ball game.

I am off work tomorrow. Shew is it needed. but i wont get much rest got to get ready for the graduation party. :yay

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, look what I got today! I was so surprised to see a puffy! The little guy helped me open it and he was excited to see that it was full of "yarn". He was helping me arrange the squares. ^_^ Oh, I should add that my phone really couldn't capture the depth of color in the dark blue-green squares - they look pretty enough on screen, but believe me that color is much richer IRL!

Sorry I've been AWOL for so long. Life has been very hectic here for a while, but I've still been thinking of you all! I'm hoping to use the holiday weekend to get caught up a little bit so I feel in the loop again, you know? :D

Cheers for now!

post-62070-0-74269800-1400812643_thumb.jpg

Oh - what's a no chain foundation row? How does that work??

Good question cause you start with a chain of 50 lol

Hey everyone, look what I got today! I was so surprised to see a puffy! The little guy helped me open it and he was excited to see that it was full of "yarn". He was helping me arrange the squares. ^_^ Oh, I should add that my phone really couldn't capture the depth of color in the dark blue-green squares - they look pretty enough on screen, but believe me that color is much richer IRL!

Sorry I've been AWOL for so long. Life has been very hectic here for a while, but I've still been thinking of you all! I'm hoping to use the holiday weekend to get caught up a little bit so I feel in the loop again, you know? :D

Cheers for now!

So who were your goodies from?

I got some wonderful Squares from Grannie but snap bucket is being difficult and wont upload them so soon as I can I will post the Eye candy

I have been wondering about you.  Glad you checked in.   :hug

I worked Wed through Sat so when my sister went back to work I kept my nephew at least every Mon.  No children for me either so he was my baby.  He was a happy good natured baby.  My niece on the other hand was colicky and screamed all the time.  I had so much fun with them going to the zoo, movies, the park, etc. 

We have a science museum (I hate science and I love it), a children's museum and a zoo here that I would love to take him to when he gets just a little bit older. DH and I go to Williamsburg every summer and I'd like to take him there too when he's old enough to have fun and not be bored! Lol! DH and I go to all the aquariums and museums we can find anyway, so I think it would be nice. 

we have a new member!! awaiting her name, so I will call her by her screen name, Reiann which sounds like it could be her name, ha ha, and she would like pinks and purples, any size!! Everyone welcome our newest member!!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome

Welcome, Reiann!!  :)

Lunch today with Uncle, Grandmother, Sister, Peanut and DH today was very nice. It was hard to see my grandmother with Peanut and know that my mom never got to meet him and enjoy his sweet little presence. My grandma held him for about 15 or 20 minutes and he just smiled the whole time. I may possibly have cried the whole time. When we were getting ready to leave, we all stood in the parking lot for a while talking. My grandma handed my sister and I a magazine, open to an article she wanted us to read. I think I've said before that her sister buys all these magazines for the sweepstakes and then passes them along. My grandmother will then read them sitting at home or when she goes into town with my uncle to run errands. This particular article was about Pennies from Heaven and she read it on their way to Walmart. When they parked in the Walmart parking lot, she got out of the car and found 2 shiny 2014 pennies on the ground right in front of her feet. She knew my mom left them for her to find and she brought them to us today. She cried when she gave them to us and my sister and I both cried too. It's a bigger deal for my grandmother to cry because I've only seen her cry a handful of times! She said when she saw them she just knew they were from my mom "and that's the truth!" She was so touched and overcome with emotion at finding those pennies after reading the article. I spent the evening talking to my sister and we've decided to make pendants with the pennies and with copies from birthday or Christmas cards from our mom of the part where she says "I love you!! Mom" We thought that was the best way to keep the penny safe.  :)

Here's a picture of my grandmother and Peanut today. Needless to say, I haven't gotten much crocheting done today!! Lol! 

post-11765-0-66616400-1400819440_thumb.jpg

Snuggling with my Peanut when we got home today made me feel better!  :yes

post-11765-0-68067300-1400819618_thumb.jpg

Yarnmonkey

what a touching story about the pennies

loved the picture of Peanut smiling up at grandma

we didn't get much of the rain last night,but other areas got pounded,this morning,the sun is shining and it will be nice,not too hot.

Today i'm going to go get the boys. She works all three days and next weekend I don't get them. She always does something to try to keep them from me. But I'm excited to go today and I know they are too. I talked to them Wednesday night.

Took Baby to school this morning and cleaned up the yard. So its done for now. Not sure what will do this weekend but if nice we might just go to the park.

Welcome Reiann!! You will love it here.

I received a couple squares. Thank you!! They are beautiful and will post pictures soon. Thank you!!

Beautiful pictures love love grandma with peanut!!

Love the story about the penny. I know how you feel about your mom. I lost my mom almost 17 years ago. I still think of her so much.

good reading!! Thanks to all that posted their goodies, and that baby, darling! Viking so glad you are back me lovely!!

Hello to all else, that I can't remember to answer, lol...

Brunch was ok, hashbrowns were crispy, I had a "cheeseburger omelet, " it was good, but the service was poor, the place was so crowded, and I had to park in the next parking lot over..... I m glad we aren't going there anytime soon, b ut how do you know, unless you go, right!!

After brunch, i went to the thrift store to look around, found a couple crystal either candy bowls, or vegie bowls for big dinners, and oh, some little smalls but no yarn today, Im still pouting, so went to walmart too,and bought some from them,lol New color, least to me, called chamois,,,,kind of a soft tan,lovely to work with,feels almost like Red Heart Soft, but isn't...

Making a chicken casserole for dinner,so i have already cooked off the chicken,and will do the rest, when it's closer to dinner...that,and some blueberry croisants,,,,yummmm..

Do you all put vegies  in you chicken casseroles, I use  onions, of course, but was wondering how a can of peas might go in there too, we like peas, so it prbably will work..

WEll everyone, the weedend is almost here!!!!!!! ENJOY!!

speaking of yarn,dropped into Michael's now their Red Heart is 3.19,and their store brand is 2.79

got two free leaflets and boogied out of there,pkgs. have been mailed expected delivery Tuesday

Oh - what's a no chain foundation row? How does that work??

I would have to look up some instructions for that but basically you do not chain (to put your stitches into).  You build your stitches side by side as you go.

Welcome Reiann.

Owlvamp, glad you get the boys this weekend.

Katy, Maybe we will make it up to the zoo someday, other things always seem to come up and we don't make it.   Sounds like we need a couple of days to do it justice.  Sorry brunch didn't go better than it did.  It really doesnt matter how good the food is when the service is poor.  Chicken casserole with peas sounds good.

Viking glad you stopped by.

yarn_monkey your penny story brought a tear to my eye.  My mom passed away in 1993 at the age of 59.  I remember how she cried when my sister called and told her she was pregnant.  My mom passed in Sept and my youngest niece was born in Jan.  Thank you for the photos of Peanut with you and great grandma.  

Hello everyone!

I made it to DDs yesterday in the early evening. We went to the park today and then just hung around the house. DD and her hubby are helping with a church dinner tonight so I got to babysit. The little ones just went to bed so I thought I would pop in to say hello. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi!  Wow, there's no way I'm going to catch up with everything that's been posted since I last earnestly visited here.  It seems we have new members.  Welcome!  

Yesterday was a horrible, horrible day.  I was not so excited about the Billy Joel concert at the Hollywood Bowl -- that is, until I rescued a female cockatiel.  She couldn't fly because she has clipped wings.  I gathered her with a towel and set her up in a cage I still happen to have, a roomy one.  I got her food, water, millet sprays, and covered the cage partly so she can slowly get used to us.  She loves people and hates being alone.  She'll make a fuss until she can see anyone.  I didn't realize I missed having birds.  I'll post flyers.  I'm sure there's a sad owner hoping to find her just like I was hoping to find my African grey, Alfie.  Sadly, I didn't find him.

Well, that improved my day.  My BFF and I took the special shuttle bus to the Hollywood Bowl.  When we were on the freeway, a tractor-trailer got so close that it bent the passenger's side mirror on our bus.  Our driver managed to speed up enough to make room but not before the truck's mirror scraped the windows and got bent.  Our driver was stuck in our lane because there were cars to her left and we were on a curve.  I thought for sure we were going to be in a big accident due to all the traffic!  She kept her cool, though, and maneuvered the big bus so that we stayed in our lane and didn't swerve into anyone.  She was our hero!  Then we got to the concert, enjoyed Gavin Degraw (the opening act), and then sang and danced to Billie Joel.  It was finally looking up again.  A last hiccup to the day was having to sit in the bus for close to an hour while the bus people figured out a way to get us back home.  The police had closed the ramps to the freeway for some big thing that had happened.  We were finally on our way back home, amid pretty heavy traffic, a little after midnight.  Hey, we all made it home safe and sound.  That's what counts.  

Everyone enjoy your weekend.  It's lovely here :)

Popping in to say hello while things are still quiet here.

AngelRoseLite, sounds like you had an exciting day, glad you enjoyed the concert and made it home safely.

I don't think we have any definite plans for today other than church tonight so it should be a relaxing day just hanging out with my daughter and grandkids.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning! Getting ready to drive up to the Chocolate Fest! A little cool but will be great weather! Should be fun!

I'll let you know it it was tomorrow!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

:lol The no chain foundation row starts with a chain 50?? That's hilarious! What bgs said is much more like what I was imagining.

That little Peanut is the cutest! He's got a great start on life with a family like that to love him, you can just tell.

I can't believe I forgot to say in my post earlier! :rofl My puffy was from Our Katie!

GrannyAnnie, Thank you so much for the lovely square and the note :) It will fit in perfectly :manyheart

Hope you all are well and enjoying some nice weather and lots of love

Hi all!  Glad to see that my puffy's are showing up.  The PO said they would be delivered on the 23rd, but with the holiday coming I wasn't so sure, lol.  Pineknott and Immafreek you are both very welcome and I'm happy that you like them.

Welcome to our new member, Reiann!!!  This is a wonderful little place in the 'ville.

Kuddles, the chocolate fest sounds great!  I can't eat much any more, but I used to be a chocoholic big time, lol.  Now every once in a while my niece will send me some real Swiss chocolate (yea, she lives there, lucky girl) and I nibble on it.  It doesn't have all the additives like the choc here does and I don't get migraines from it.  My tummy doesn't like it, but hey, you can't have everything, lol.  My tummy doesn't like anything.

What else was I going to say   :think oh yea!  Love the pic of Peanut!  He is so cute.  The penny story was so touching.  My mom believed in lucky pennies.  She's been gone for 7 years now. Thank you for sharing your story...

We have no plans for the weekend.  I'll just spend time with my hooks and yarn.  Hubby will probably spend time in the garden.  We lead such exciting lives, lol.  For those of you travelling be careful and be safe oh yea, and have fun, lol.

and a hearty hello....Angelrose, wow,  you are great to have rescued that pretty pet bird, I hope the owners turn up, but if not, are you keeping him?? Too early to know yet huh.... good luck with that.

hi ann, sounds like you have a niece in the right place, lol... Good to see you spoiled now and then with real swiss  choc....

Kuddles, and kiddles, have the time of your chocolate lives

Immafreak, yay, pretties!! Pineknott, sounds like you escaped a yarn binge, ha ha, hard to buy just a few, but sometimes, my wallet says,,,,,,uh yeah, only get two today, tomorrow is another story, he he he..

Hi Viking, glad they arrived, and now have a forever home with you!!

there is still time to get those chosen queens thier puffy's, check your stash then check the list, Im sure there is someone needing exactly what you have in your square  piles!!      Then package them up, in their own little manilla, include a note if you like, I had notes for all mine, but taped them up before I put the notes in, darn it, lol so do remember that before reinforcing with tape, and avoid my mistake, ha ha...... and send them on their way to the new homes!!    Its almost how mama birdies probably feel, when their young take wing.......sigh...........good luck little squares!!!!!!!!!

Archived