Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday Linda!!!!  :birthday

Had to pop in for that! Lol!  Same old stuff going on around here.  I'll try to post tomorrow to get caught up. 

Congrats on the purse Kuddles!!!

Cindy, glad the baby has turned.  hope she stays in position, little rascal, lol.

Good morning!

Happy belated BD pineknott!

I woke at 2 and couldn't go back to sleep. Up at 4:30......kiddles still in bed luckily.......

Yearly dr appt at 9, otherwise, just a usual errands/housework/sewing kind of weekend!

Hope you all have a good one!

kuddles

Good morning!

I'm making a beach bag. So far it's coming a long pretty good. Hopefully will get to it today.

Daughter and I semi fixed our shed roof. High wind took off some shingles. So we nailed them back up there. So far so good. We used a lot of nails. LOL hopefully it stays until we can replace the roof.

Good Morning,

I slept in a little today so feeling pretty good. Yesterday took a very fun turn for me. Instead of heading home for a quiet evening I went to visit friends who have a new baby that I hadn't been able to visit yet. DD1, son-in-law and grandkids were also there to visit. Then DD1 and her family and DD2 and her hubby and I all went out to dinner. I was feeling a little down yesterday so all the time visiting with everyone and especially cuddling all my babies was a great lift.

Its gloomy out and its suppose to rain so I am spending the day in my sewing room working on a purse for me.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning.   My Brother lives in Germany and he is down to visit with his family. I picked then up at the airport on the 27th. been having a great time. The Dogwood festival is also in town. Today is the parade. Two of my boys r in Band and will be marching. My nephew spent the night with me last night. he is 6yrs old and Last night was the first night he spent the night with anyone. His american Aunt was special enough to be the first.  Hope everyone is wonderful today.

Hi All!  Had a sleepless night, so dragging today.  I'll be taking a nap soon.  I was really hoping for some good rest, but the dog sensed a mouse in the house and was up and down all night!  UGH!  You'd think that with two cats in the house one of them would catch it.  NO, not our cats, they like to play with them! Geez, do they have training schools for cats? LOL.  Nothing new happening in my world.  The weather is still crazy as ever around here.  It was supposed to be a nice sunny, warm day.  Instead it's overcast and I think in the 50's.  That's not too bad temp wise.  At least it's not snowing!

I see that you opened up the afghan thread in show N tell, Katie.  The blankets that are there are beautiful!!!  Hopefully you'll get more posted soon.  I still have to put mine together.  I think that I should have enough for a lapghan.  I'll have to count them out again.

Have a nice weekend everyone!  Take care and happy hooking!  :hook

Hi All!  Had a sleepless night, so dragging today.  I'll be taking a nap soon.  I was really hoping for some good rest, but the dog sensed a mouse in the house and was up and down all night!  UGH!  You'd think that with two cats in the house one of them would catch it.  NO, not our cats, they like to play with them! Geez, do they have training schools for cats? LOL.  Nothing new happening in my world.  The weather is still crazy as ever around here.  It was supposed to be a nice sunny, warm day.  Instead it's overcast and I think in the 50's.  That's not too bad temp wise.  At least it's not snowing!

I see that you opened up the afghan thread in show N tell, Katie.  The blankets that are there are beautiful!!!  Hopefully you'll get more posted soon.  I still have to put mine together.  I think that I should have enough for a lapghan.  I'll have to count them out again.

My dog used to take the mice away from the cat

hi all,

sunny and warm here, grass needs mowing, so that is Handyman's tomorrow chore around here...

yes, started that thread dragnlady, good to see you back!!! Glad the move went well, and you are somewhat settled in your new apt...

hope you show us a pic sandra of you beach bag, and carol, your purse, we would love to see them!!

Kuddlles, how did the check up go, tip top, I bet, you walk so much, you can't be ill,lol

Have you ever heard anything from Lucky's new family about him, and how he is doing, or would you rather not??

got nuttin else, gonna go and make some desert for din din, orange jello with mandarin orange slices, and marsmellows,I loveit, and it's lightand summer!! catch you all later!!

thanks for all the birthday wishes,had a great day

Brenda,thank you for my newest square,it came today

Dragnlady5,my hubby's sis lives in Berlin,her last visit was 3 yrs ago,enjoy your visit

I bought this Bernat handicrafter twist cotton yarn at Joann's and I'm looking for 2 or 3 skeins. They are 12 ounces each.Name is freshly squeezed. Does anyone have some or when can look at Joann's. I've been looking on line but come up empty handed. Thanks in advance.

Here's the yarn I'm looking for to finish the beach bag. I hope some one can help me find it. My Joann's doesn't have it anymore.

post-48736-0-22873600-1399178479_thumb.jpg

Good morning!

Katy - thanks for asking. My check up was great! My doctor is very pleased with me and for an old gal, I'm pretty darn healthy! Hope to keep it that way!

I no longer here from Lucky's new family. She kept me posted that first month, as I asked her to, but no more. I'm sure he is quite the happy pup! I think of him often and want to email her, but I don't want to impose!

This morning I woke up and waited for the alarm to go off. Uh, it is Sunday so it wasn't set! Grrr.....was awake, so got up. My usual 5:30! Could we worse, like it was the night before!

Finished a tote yesterday for my coworker.....I took a pic, I'll try to remember to download it to here! For the first time, I digitized a logo myself and also her name so I'm pretty proud of it!

Normal errands and walks today. Today chance of rain on and off but I think we can get out there a few times!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Good morning everyone,

Owlvamp, I'll be going to Joanns today or tomorrow, I'll check for the yarn.

I'm getting ready to head out to church service and then it's my turn to teach Sunday school. After that I'm not sure what I'll be doing. I didn't get very far on my purse yesterday, I didn't have enough interfacing (even though I bought what the pattern called for) and I didn't feel like going to Joanns because that would have meant putting on real clothes and make-up and I was just didn't feel like doing all that. So maybe I'll stop at Joanns after church and then come home and sew. I'm also getting some puffies packed up for a trip to the post office tomorrow. Ok, enough rambling gotta get dressed and go, talk to you all later.

Hi all, a sunny sunday here... Headed off to Menards, an everything sort of store, like Lowes, or Home Depot.. I have a couple things to pick up, but that will be in about an hour....

Kuddles, glad to hear everything checked out.. Also,  keep lucky in mind as a wonderful memory, he apparently is well taken care of, but I can see how you would think about him now and then.....

Um  cshort, I KNOW, i hate putting make up on anymore, lol, such an ordeal, men have it so easy, don't they, throw on some jeans and a pair of shoes and shirt, and out the door they go!!!!!! I don't think it's fair, we got stuck with make up, hair, and shaving our legs, not even to mention, pregnancy, and child birth!! !!! sheesh, enough is enough!  

Hows everyone doing on the picking your own queen or queens, I have some puffy's ready to go out tomorrow maybe, if I get going early enough, you know, with the hair and make up thing!! lol

Ok, gonna play a short game of Luxor, and then finish the dressing part of the getting ready to go out thing, lol and Im off, have a great Sunday!

Sounds like my parents' cat! She likes to bring things in alive so we can chase them around the house. She only leaves them outside if she's killed them, which I guess is a good thing! We visited in October and I woke up to blood all over the kitchen floor! Found out several hours later that apparently I'd been sharing the couch with a rat who had lost his tail in the fight. It was awful! Magic was beyond proud of herself. And yes, we found the tail later on the rug in the living room. It blended in!  :lol

thanks for all the birthday wishes,had a great day

Brenda,thank you for my newest square,it came today

Dragnlady5,my hubby's sis lives in Berlin,her last visit was 3 yrs ago,enjoy your visit

Happy belated, pineknott!!  :yay  I'm glad you had a great day!! 

I bought this Bernat handicrafter twist cotton yarn at Joann's and I'm looking for 2 or 3 skeins. They are 12 ounces each.Name is freshly squeezed. Does anyone have some or when can look at Joann's. I've been looking on line but come up empty handed. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure I'll get to Joann's once we get home, which will be tomorrow. I'll check if no one else has found it for you yet! 

Good morning!

Katy - thanks for asking. My check up was great! My doctor is very pleased with me and for an old gal, I'm pretty darn healthy! Hope to keep it that way!

I no longer here from Lucky's new family. She kept me posted that first month, as I asked her to, but no more. I'm sure he is quite the happy pup! I think of him often and want to email her, but I don't want to impose!

This morning I woke up and waited for the alarm to go off. Uh, it is Sunday so it wasn't set! Grrr.....was awake, so got up. My usual 5:30! Could we worse, like it was the night before!

Finished a tote yesterday for my coworker.....I took a pic, I'll try to remember to download it to here! For the first time, I digitized a logo myself and also her name so I'm pretty proud of it!

Normal errands and walks today. Today chance of rain on and off but I think we can get out there a few times!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Definitely want to see the tote!!  :manyheart  I love the crochet them although I hardly ever use them myself! 

My sister informed me that I got a puffy in the mail, either Friday or Saturday, I don't remember which. I'll be back home tomorrow to go through all the mail! And of course, post pics of any squares I got and give appropriate thank yous!  :yes

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Too bad tomorrow is Monday! 

Oh! And I have a picture from the Lobster Races for you all... Let me tell you, the excitement was overwhelming! The second race, none of the lobsters even moved for a good 10 minutes! Finally one got close enough to the announcer at the finish line, so he snatched him up and declared him the winner! It was not something I necessarily want to go to every year, but at least I can say I went and even got the t-shirt!  :lol

The announcer is in the white shirt on the lefthand side and then all the people putting their lobsters in their appropriate channels are on the right. First one to the finish line wins!! And as you can see, the Lobster Races are a big deal here!! 

post-11765-0-48260800-1399256081_thumb.jpg

Good morning all!

cshort - I try to never wear makeup or jewelry on the weekends! And that bra comes off as soon as possible once I'm at home!

katy - yup, all checked out, thanks! I'm trying to stay healthy! Kiddles is just turning 10 in July so I have a lot more years to be around for her!

Nikki - thanks for the pic and the detail. How fun!

Everyone - have a great day!

kuddles

Thank you bgs for the wonderful block in the mail today. Perfect timing to I needed a picker upper today.

Thanks so much! It's perfect .

Hi everyone,

Busy day here, work, several errands, picked up dinner (which I'm eating now) and in little while its out the door to a sewing guild meeting. i don't know where the energy came from but I hope it continues. One of my stops was the post office, I put 4 puffies in the mail, estimated delivery day is Thursday.

Owlvamp, I didn't find the yarn you were looking for at Joanns.

Kuddles, Saturday is the only day of the week that I don't usually go any place and I love my sloppy clothes and no make up day.

Yarn_monkey, sounds like you had a good time. I hope that puffy is the one I mailed last week.

Have a great evening everyone.

Thank you bgs for the wonderful block in the mail today. Perfect timing to I needed a picker upper today.

Thanks so much! It's perfect .

You're welcome.  Earlier when I asked what people were needing to finish their afghans you were the only one that responded sooo that made it easy to pick you for one of the May mailings.   :hug  :hug  :hug

well we have been busy busy busy, and sad to say, i didn't get to the post office today, got busy, cleaning out under the kitchen and bathroom sinks, and putting things in boxes to donate, and sacks for the trash, can't believe how many bottles of assorted cleaners, with just a touch left in them I had under neath all the sinks, so i condenced what I could, and threw away the empties, and will restock, now thatI know what Im out of,lol, Inever really what im out of when i go to the store, so now I do, and will replace what I needj tomorrow..

what else, umm, puffys maybe will go out tomorrow, if and when, and I guess that's about it, we are on a clean up the yard, and shed kick too, so keeping busy around here, handyman got several calls today, so good thing we finished up the outside today afterall, lol cept the raking of the yard and that can wait...He won't be around much tomorrow, I guess, by the sound  of it all.

well, im off for now, will check in later, if there is time, dancing with the stars is on tonight,Ilike to catch that, so we'llsee if I get back here, and is there something wrong with my space bar, or am I not hitting it hard enough,,,,,sheeshhhhhhhhate thatllllllllllllll..

Archived