Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

hello everyone..

Good to see everyone lately,and jessica, glad you only need a few more, who knows, right!!

Got a lot of heavy rain here last evening, small hail, no damage though, and more maybe sometime today, but more milder storms, last night the lightning and thunder were horendous......My animals sense a storm coming, they are just too smart, so they always tip us off of bad weather,and last evening, was no exception, they both were nervous and on alert to say the least, and sure enough, started up bad stomring shortly after. amazing, we just need to read their signs to communicate with them, plus, i swear my animals are smarter than most, lol in all ways!! The doggie, alerts me when the timer on the oven goes off, or the smoke alarm, one time, even got me up as the cell phone was needing charging,and was emitting tiny beeps,she didn't like that either, and she goes off, for sirens,and sometimes even howls! She's a good protector that girl!

as for bringing me "treasures" my kitty doesn't go outside, and the doggie, she barely goes out, only to do her business, and prefers to stay inside too, most of the time.

oh, i did get out earlier, and got 6 puffy's mailed, here are the zips, if recognize your zip, you probably have a puffy coming!!!

27870       happy Queen for the month to those, and others to come!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello everyone..

Good to see everyone lately,and jessica, glad you only need a few more, who knows, right!!

Got a lot of heavy rain here last evening, small hail, no damage though, and more maybe sometime today, but more milder storms, last night the lightning and thunder were horendous......My animals sense a storm coming, they are just too smart, so they always tip us off of bad weather,and last evening, was no exception, they both were nervous and on alert to say the least, and sure enough, started up bad stomring shortly after. amazing, we just need to read their signs to communicate with them, plus, i swear my animals are smarter than most, lol in all ways!! The doggie, alerts me when the timer on the oven goes off, or the smoke alarm, one time, even got me up as the cell phone was needing charging,and was emitting tiny beeps,she didn't like that either, and she goes off, for sirens,and sometimes even howls! She's a good protector that girl!

as for bringing me "treasures" my kitty doesn't go outside, and the doggie, she barely goes out, only to do her business, and prefers to stay inside too, most of the time.

oh, i did get out earlier, and got 6 puffy's mailed, here are the zips, if recognize your zip, you probably have a puffy coming!!!

I'm super excited to be this close to being done!! I believe I started this 'ghan in 2011 after I joined - so it's taken me almost 3 years to get it done!! Lol

My sons have both requested 'ghans next so I might change my color preferences when I'm done with the one for MY BED & try to do ones for each of them! 

wow 3 years in the making!! I think mine got done quicker cause I made some of the squares myself, to fill in with those that i received. I don't have that kind of patience, lol 3 years, wowzers, but when it's done, it' s all done by friends, right!!!!!!!

I just got all my squares out & will start attaching them now.. From  my count, I need approximately 5 12" squares in any color (I don't have many BRIGHT colors - I have a lot of Blue's & Greens)(WW yarn) & pattern to finish my FIRST Friendship 'ghan! I'm pretty excited about that!! 

I have a couple to send out to people so once I get some extra funds, I'll get some sent! 

I'll send you two! Any color requests? I think I've been at mine for a couple years too... not sure exactly but definitely a while, but I had a break thrown in too. 

Not much happened today. DH got a haircut and I made my appointment for cut, color and eyelashes next week. I'm getting it done Wednesday in time for a memorial (belated) Mother's Day Dinner at the seafood restaurant my sister and I took our mom to the week before she passed away. This time we have a new mom in the group! And she will be bringing my Peanut!  :manyheart

I also spent about an hour in the phone with my grandmother and uncle. My grandmother has a problem with her vocal chords and gets Botox shots every couple of months, but it  makes her sound like she never has a voice so my uncle always translates for her. It's easier in person because you can hear the whispers and read her lips. I just love talking to her (even through my uncle) because even if nothing is wrong, she always makes me feel better! 

Happy Friday (tomorrow)!!  :yay

Nothing really to update. I just came home from my 39 week prenatal appt and all those contractions I've had this week have done NOTHING! Baby girl is still head down though, so that is good. 

I've got to go for now. I was offered a job assignment for this afternoon and I need to get ready.

That is so nice yarn monkey, to offer jessicali  a couple more squares, thank you for that, you are just so sweet!!!!! I think she wants some bright, but sure she would appreciate any.

I don't hve grammy anymore, but she ws a great influence in my life, and still miss her, so enjoy her while you can! How nice to have a get together with all the moms in the family!!

Not much going on here, might go out afterwhile, see what I can see, lol, so till then, I don have more puffys to send out, but will be next week, Im sure, at the soonest, so patience people, lol........take care all.til later!

Nothing really to update. I just came home from my 39 week prenatal appt and all those contractions I've had this week have done NOTHING! Baby girl is still head down though, so that is good. 

I've got to go for now. I was offered a job assignment for this afternoon and I need to get ready.

This was me with my Rosalie!! I started dilating at 30 weeks - by 34 I was at a 2 & at 36 when he said we were okay to try to get labor started, I was at a 4 outter but still 2 inner & stayed this way until 39 weeks 2 days when my water broke! 

I started having contractions at 35 weeks and they were every 2 - 4 minutes.. NOTHING helped!! I walked, I ate spicy food, We drove bumpy roads, I spent "time" with my husband.. NOTHING!! Rosalie is still as stubborn as she was in the womb!! 

Good luck & can't wait to see pictures :) 

hang in there cindy!!!!!!!!

THose squares are gorgeous!!!!!!

Kuddles, your tote is soooooo nice!

everyone else,happy friday too, what are everyones mother's day plans??? I just asked for a meal or two out this weekend, and oh yeah, already got my rain shower head for the main bath!!Love it...

and whatelse, sheesh,I dunno, Im pretty easy to please,lol

you all take care,and have a happy weekend!!!!!!! what is little cindy's baby girl gets born on Mother's Day!!!! wow!! how cool!

CSHORT!- Thank you for the squares! They are wonderful :)

so nice, loving the brights, cshort, you did it again, they're goreous!

This was me with my Rosalie!! I started dilating at 30 weeks - by 34 I was at a 2 & at 36 when he said we were okay to try to get labor started, I was at a 4 outter but still 2 inner & stayed this way until 39 weeks 2 days when my water broke! 

I started having contractions at 35 weeks and they were every 2 - 4 minutes.. NOTHING helped!! I walked, I ate spicy food, We drove bumpy roads, I spent "time" with my husband.. NOTHING!! Rosalie is still as stubborn as she was in the womb!! 

Good luck & can't wait to see pictures :)

I was less than a cm dilated when my water broke with both girls. Y took 30 hrs to evict on the strongest dose of pitocin! C was only 8 hrs of induction. I'm wondering if this child will actually come naturally. That would be nice.

Ooohhh! Nice squares! How cheerful!

hang in there cindy!!!!!!!!

veryone else,happy friday too, what are everyones mother's day plans??? I just asked for a meal or two out this weekend, and oh yeah, already got my rain shower head for the main bath!!Love it...

ou all take care,and have a happy weekend!!!!!!! what is little cindy's baby girl gets born on Mother's Day!!!! wow!! how cool!

She cant come out this weekend!!! Hubs is leaving tomorrow and driving to VA for his pre-employment physical. They never resolved the training issue, but he doesn't want to miss the physical and have the whole process pushed back another month or two. He won't be back until some time on Tues.

As for my plans for Mother's Day, I'm not sure if I want to drag the girls to church by myself or not. My mom has to work, so no time with her. My biggest priority will be to NOT go into labor! Either way, I want to spend much of the day snuggling my girls. The new baby will eat up a lot of my time so I want to spend some pleasant time with them now while I can.

Seriously though, she can't be born this weekend. With hubs gone Sat-Tue and my mom working nights Fri-Mon, if I do go into labor, I have no one to take care of the girls. I have a few friends who can spend some time with them during the day, but what do I do with them over night? With every contraction, I'm worried she will be a major stinker and come at the most inopportune time!

Come on, baby!!! Keep us updated!!  :hug

And then I read what you just posted and I completely change my post... HANG IT THERE, BABY!!! 

They're beautiful!  :yes

I'll be working on two 12" squares for jessicali in bright colors tonight! Hopefully they'll be out Monday, unless I get super ambitious and manage getting to the post office tomorrow! I think we all know better than that! Lol!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!  :ghug

I've had one heck of a day. My poor Hercules has a cherry eye now. It drives me bonkers. I can rub it in but it keeps popping out. :( I can't leave him like that for I wouldn't want it stuck out my eye.

I got the boys today and she is a piece of work. She got the youngest a puppy and expects him to train her and get up two to three times a night and do good in school. I told her that's not right that the puppy stage is a hard one. He is ten and doesn't know the first thing about training. I believe she got him the puppy to want him to want to be at her house on the weekends instead of coming here. That's didn't work we picked up the puppy to and she came right with me. Down side she whines a lot. Plus they have to go back tomorrow night for they are making them clean under the cabinets for her Mother's Day gift. To me that is plain crap.

Hi All!  Happy Friday!  It is still Friday, lol, I have a couple hours left, lol.  Not much going on here still.  Just hanging out and taking it easy.  One of these days I'll feel better, oh yeah!

Good Morning Everyone!

Yarn_monkey, glad the little ones hearing is ok.

Grannyannie, hope you're feeling better today.

Cindy??? Any news???

We have an assembly at school today, one of the local high school's step team are coming to perform for us. Which is nice but my kids will be off for the rest of the day with the change in routine and the excitement and loud music. Other than that its just a typical Thursday for me.

Have a great day everyone.

I'm feeling better than yesterday, does that count? LOL!  Positive thoughts, that's what I tell myself...

hello everyone..

Ohhh, storms, we're supposed to get them too, then in the 80's on Sun!  WooHoo!  A bit warm for me, but hey, it's a lot better than what we have been getting!  I think I see my zip code there!  Woot!

I'll send you two! Any color requests? I think I've been at mine for a couple years too... not sure exactly but definitely a while, but I had a break thrown in too. 

Not much happened today. DH got a haircut and I made my appointment for cut, color and eyelashes next week. I'm getting it done Wednesday in time for a memorial (belated) Mother's Day Dinner at the seafood restaurant my sister and I took our mom to the week before she passed away. This time we have a new mom in the group! And she will be bringing my Peanut!  :manyheart

I also spent about an hour in the phone with my grandmother and uncle. My grandmother has a problem with her vocal chords and gets Botox shots every couple of months, but it  makes her sound like she never has a voice so my uncle always translates for her. It's easier in person because you can hear the whispers and read her lips. I just love talking to her (even through my uncle) because even if nothing is wrong, she always makes me feel better! 

Happy Friday (tomorrow)!!  :yay

So nice that you have time with your grandmother and uncle.  I miss my memere so much!  She was a very important part of my life growing up.  I spent  time with her almost every day while I was living in the same town.  For most of my childhood I lived just down the street.  It was great!

I was hoping to see a pic of a little girl, but after reading all of your posts, well, let's hope that she holds off a bit longer, lol. (((hugs)))

Great squares!

I was less than a cm dilated when my water broke with both girls. Y took 30 hrs to evict on the strongest dose of pitocin! C was only 8 hrs of induction. I'm wondering if this child will actually come naturally. That would be nice.

Ooohhh! Nice squares! How cheerful!

She cant come out this weekend!!! Hubs is leaving tomorrow and driving to VA for his pre-employment physical. They never resolved the training issue, but he doesn't want to miss the physical and have the whole process pushed back another month or two. He won't be back until some time on Tues.

As for my plans for Mother's Day, I'm not sure if I want to drag the girls to church by myself or not. My mom has to work, so no time with her. My biggest priority will be to NOT go into labor! Either way, I want to spend much of the day snuggling my girls. The new baby will eat up a lot of my time so I want to spend some pleasant time with them now while I can.

Seriously though, she can't be born this weekend. With hubs gone Sat-Tue and my mom working nights Fri-Mon, if I do go into labor, I have no one to take care of the girls. I have a few friends who can spend some time with them during the day, but what do I do with them over night? With every contraction, I'm worried she will be a major stinker and come at the most inopportune time!

See my post above, lol.  Good luck to hubby on the physical!

I've had one heck of a day. My poor Hercules has a cherry eye now. It drives me bonkers. I can rub it in but it keeps popping out. :( I can't leave him like that for I wouldn't want it stuck out my eye.

I got the boys today and she is a piece of work. She got the youngest a puppy and expects him to train her and get up two to three times a night and do good in school. I told her that's not right that the puppy stage is a hard one. He is ten and doesn't know the first thing about training. I believe she got him the puppy to want him to want to be at her house on the weekends instead of coming here. That's didn't work we picked up the puppy to and she came right with me. Down side she whines a lot. Plus they have to go back tomorrow night for they are making them clean under the cabinets for her Mother's Day gift. To me that is plain crap.

:hug  :hug  :hug

Good morning all......I didn't check in yesterday! Wow, that never happens!

Lots of rain yesterday. Kiddles got off at noon so I picked her up and brought her back to my trailer at work. I'm lucky they allow that now and then! She played on my nook all afternoon and was good as gold.

The weekend will be busy with errands, I have my mammo this morning, party tomorrow for mothers day......so I better get going!

Have a great weekend all!

kuddles

You're welcome, I'm glad you like them

Not much going on here today, I don't know if I want to sew or crochet, guess I'll decide when I finish playing here.

My Mother's Day plans are church in the morning, brunch with DD2 and her hubby, then home to stitch until DD1 and family arrive sometime in the afternoon, maybe we'll do dinner out since it will probably be late afternoon when they get here. My mother is usually not up for going out, we make plans and then she'll decide she doesn't feel up to going, so I don't make those plans anymore but I'll see if she wants to join us if we go out to dinner. I did get something that she wanted for a gift for her.

Guess thats about it for now. Have a great day.

We got up up way to early. I then made breakfast (French toast). Then took out all the puppies and the new one. Then it was feeding time and picking up the yard. Been cleaning up the laundry room and doing laundry. Needed to wash some bed sheets and blankets.

Put the futon back up from boys sleeping on it. Tidy up the living room and then got them lunch. Folded laundry and just put another load in. Daughters cleaned up the den and vacuumed it. I'm pooped out but still lots to get do e and have to take boys back. I will be one tired puppy tonight when I get home. Help grandson with some much needed homework.

Happy Mothers Day everyone!

wow, everyone is so darn Busy!!! Tomorrow, i will try to set out the bedding plants, then tidy up,and daughter is coming aft.for lunch/dinner, she's bringing the desert, cherry pie, one of my total favorites!!

Talked to a couple friends today,wished them a happy mothers day, and they me, and didn't do  a whole lot else, got some chicken tenders to bread and cook tomorrow and will make tato salad tomorrow sometime too, or home made cole slaw, to go with the chicken finges handymanny is making for daughter and I,he does the best chicken ever, and supposed to storm tomorrow so have to get those plants in early I guess....I always plant some Impatients in honor of my mom,she loved them, so I always plant a few for her!! Ususally in pots or hanging planters, but forgot to get them today, will send handymanny out early to get some salmon colored  ones,her favorite. Ididn't know what to get her one year for her MOther's day  so i got some Impaients for her flower bed,and we went out and had more fun planting them, throwing worms at each other,. and giggling like a couple kids.... :heart

She got cancer shortly after, so that is one of the many good memories I have of time spent with her, before she got sick. I have planted every year, since 1987, when she died, no matter where I lived.....Have a Good Mother's Day mom, check out my Impatients ,they are your colors!! :angel

In fact, everyone have a great Mother's Day, even if you are only mother to a kitty, or a doggie, orwhatever,fur babies count!!!!!!!!!!!!! take care all,and have  a good one! :hi

Good morning all......I didn't check in yesterday! Wow, that never happens!

Lots of rain yesterday. Kiddles got off at noon so I picked her up and brought her back to my trailer at work. I'm lucky they allow that now and then! She played on my nook all afternoon and was good as gold.

The weekend will be busy with errands, I have my mammo this morning, party tomorrow for mothers day......so I better get going!

Have a great weekend all!

kuddles

That's great that you get to bring her with you once in a while! My dad was a salesman (greenhouse supplies) and sometimes he took me on his route with him. I always loved that time with him!  :manyheart

Jessicali, I got your squares finished today, so I just need to dig out your address and they'll go out Monday! Two bright squares headed your way!  :yes

I spend the evening working on a carnation pattern to make for our Memorial Mother's Day dinner. It's thread, very difficult to manage and then I finally finished it and realized it's a lot smaller than I was expecting. About the size of a half dollar. If anyone knows of any good carnation patterns, can you please send them my way? I want to do a white one for me, a white one and a red one for my sister. They said white is for mothers who have passed away and red is for living mothers, so that should work! It's my first Mother's Day without my mom, so I may possibly just stay off the internet (especially Facebook!) tomorrow! 

Happy Mother's Day to everyone with babies and fur babies and everything in between!  :ghug

Happy Mother's Day!  :flower 

My plans for the changed. DD2's mother-in-law is sick with a some kind of virus so we are postponing brunch until she is well. So DD2 and her hubby will be coming to my house later when DD1 and her family are here. We are going to make tacos and burritos for dinner instead of going out and dealing with the restaurant crowds. But first it's off to church and a stop at the grocery store for dinner supplies. I hope all of you wonderful ladies have a great day!

Archived