Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I left two puffies at the PO this morning.  They are headed east. 

Katy and Kuddles, sounds like we are having the same weather.  I am in between the two of you but farther south.  In the long range forecast I saw 80+ temperature for next week. 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Tornado touched where my grandchildren are. They are okay but some people and homes aren't. I go there every weekend when I pick up the boys. That's just sad. So close to home for them. So really need to get some things gather and take there personally.

Glad they're fine and I hope no one else was terribly hurt. Possessions can always be replaced, but people can't be!  :hug

oh my sandra, that is close, TOO close....glad family is ok though!

Rain here too kuddles, sporatic sunshine, enough drizzle to use  your wipers, but not enough to leave them on auto, lol

hi everyone, hope you day is going well, and Yarn monkey,,,,,this is y our last day of reign  isn't it, wow, that month went really fast,... Did you get lots of squares, remember, some may still be rolling in...so we'll wait for a final count, hope it's lots!

The crown is in its box and it will be sent in to the jeweler for a good cleaning first thing in the morning! I can't bear to give it up even a couple of hours early!  :lol So far I think I've received 12? I can't be 100% sure because my list is at home and I'm still at my dad's and I'm sure there will be more rolling in. I know I'm good at sending squares out, they're just always late.  :)

Went to visit my dad today at the animal shelter where he volunteers. It's a new facility so he wanted to show us around. I don't know how he does it. I'd be an animal hoarder if I volunteered in a place like that. There's a cage of a mama and 4 kittens as soon as you walk in the door and there are dogs and adult cats crying everywhere and showing off, wanting to go home with you. The house we rent doesn't allow pets, otherwise I would've at least left with one today!  :yes

Tomorrow we need to plant some mandevillas for my stepmom's friend and then I'm hoping to go to the downtown area and go to the local candy store. They have the BEST chocolate covered raisins and the maple candy I love so much!  :manyheart

Good morning!

Tornado touched where my grandchildren are. They are okay but some people and homes aren't. I go there every weekend when I pick up the boys. That's just sad. So close to home for them. So really need to get some things gather and take there personally.

Oh my! Prayers for everyone!

oh my sandra, that is close, TOO close....glad family is ok though!

Rain here too kuddles, sporatic sunshine, enough drizzle to use  your wipers, but not enough to leave them on auto, lol

hi everyone, hope you day is going well, and Yarn monkey,,,,,this is y our last day of reign  isn't it, wow, that month went really fast,... Did you get lots of squares, remember, some may still be rolling in...so we'll wait for a final count, hope it's lots!

Rain. Again. Today.

I left two puffies at the PO this morning.  They are headed east. 

Katy and Kuddles, sounds like we are having the same weather.  I am in between the two of you but farther south.  In the long range forecast I saw 80+ temperature for next week. 

We are supposed to be in the 70s next wednesday.....we'll see!

and good morning all!

Okay so my alarm went off, turned it off, got up and went out to the kitchen. Clock said 2:20. Went back to bedroom, said 5:40. What? Somehow my clock decided to put itself ahead 3 hours! It is really old. So once I'm up, I'm up so here I am on the computer. Missing out on 3 hours of sleep! UGH! Guess I need a new clock!

Off to browse........

Have a good day!

kuddles

Good Morning,

Owlvamp, glad the kids are safe. I hope everyone else in the path of the nasty weather is staying safe too.

Kuddles, definitely sounds like it's time to go shopping for a clock.

Not much going on here. I haven't been in my sewing room since before Easter and I think I'm starting to go through withdrawal, I'm hoping to finish up some crocheting projects tonight so that tomorrow after work I can get started on a weekend of sewing.

Hope everyone has a great day.

She turned! I've been doing maneuvers from spinningbabies.com and one of them finally worked. Now I need her to stay that way! Please pray she does. I really need to avoid a c-section. Could you imagine me getting one and then having to move a few weeks later? Ugh! As for the move, we still don't know for sure but should in 2-3 weeks. So anxious!

I think i've decided on a baby fisherman afghan. It will be longer than average baby blankets so she can use it longer. Now, do I want to do it in purple or yellow? Y's is pink, C's is peach, so I want to do a different color this time. Would a fisherman ghan look weird in purple? I've only ever seen them in white/aran.

I did read through all the posts, I'm just in a hurry. We've been having internet issues so I'm trying to limit my data usage here...Prayers to those affected by the storms. Hugs to everyone, just because hugs are nice and who wouldn't want one?

good morning

Kuddles time for a new clock

Cindy,hope she stays in position

Owlvamp, glad the kids are okay,was that the Elizabeth city area ?

its to be on and off rain,got some plants in the other day,just before the first day of rain,they are looking perky

one is a butter yellow petunia,very different,I missed out last fall having my "pot of gold" as I call my yellow pansies,

so I guess my yellow petunias are my spring "pot of gold"

anyway I'm rambling,but I'm fine

Potentially bad news about the shipyard job. I feel so sick about it. We might go all weekend without knowing for sure.

Hubs talked to training there and the director said that he would have to completely requalify instead of just the "refresher." This is bad news because that means his rehire would be contingent upon him passing. How could we responsibly move out there on something that isn't for sure?

He's going to talk to the regional department head to see if he will accept just the refresher. If he won't, we are so screwed. I don't know what we are going to do.

We are both on the verge of tears. We need this so bad. I don't know how we are going to handle it if it falls through. Depression wouldn't be a strong enough word to describe how we'd feel.

Cindy I'm so sorry. Hopefully it will still be good news in the long run. That is so sad because you worked so hard and all that packing.

No pineknott it was around Henderson and oxford on highway 15.

oh cindy,  you don't need that tension and stress, heres hoping all works out for you and yours....

Rainy looking today, but so far no rain......

Yes, yarn monkey, the end has come, and the crown is at the jewelers I trust, lol 12 ins't bad, considering our numbers here in members has gone down, and more is probably going to filter in.........Ill put 12 down on the first post, but let me know if that changes!! 

Pineknot, how is that wrist doing, and is hubby feeling alright. How bout rene and hubby, hope all is well with you all, including MIL, lol            

Carol, busy sewbird, lol  don't forget to pamper your hooks once in a while!!

Hi kuddles, bgs, owlvamp!! Guess if it ws gonna break,and lose time, it's better it did it early, and not wake you up three hours later, but like that would happen huh, with Kiddles, he he he... Sandra,hope you feel better as the day progresses...

and bgs, yep, same weather, in the same weather rut, I guess...

Well, it s here, it's MAY DAY, woo hoo, aren't you all just thrilled,hope you have your may baskets ready for delivery, (remember that!!) and have decorated the May pole with strreamers of pink!!!!!!!!

Our  People's Choice biggest square OPENS today!!! Chose whom you want to receive your lovely squares, one and all, and have fun with it!! It's weird for me, not to announce a new queen, ha ha......

Well, have fun, and go through those stacks of squares you put back, maybe you will find a nice forever home for them, with some one of us!!!!!!!!!!! have a great day, grocery day for me, already cleaned the frige, lol, can't put new food in a messy frige, right, (Can y ou say CND (compulsive neatness disorder!) lol just wiped out the shelves really, and threw away a couple things that have been in there for a bit. but that is all, nothing major , it doesn't get to bad, thank goodness.....

So,  put on my face, and  will leave out shortly for the grocery store, dreading it, it's almost blustery out here, and at the store it is on a high hill,and is always hurricane force winds at best there, so Ill have to put my head down,and make my way through it, lol Seems like the wind just courses through there at record speeds!!

Tree bloomed, tree is not anymore, even though the rain at most, was gentle, the flowers typically all fell and landed on my car!!

Looked like it was snowing for the past couple of rainy days, lol well with that all said, im off soon,everyone have a safe and happy day!! Those of you with SUN, lucky bums!! lol

Our  People's Choice biggest square OPENS today!!! Chose whom you want to receive your lovely squares, one and all, and have fun with it!! It's weird for me, not to announce a new queen, ha ha......

Well, have fun, and go through those stacks of squares you put back, maybe you will find a nice forever home for them, with some one of us!!!!!!!!!!! have a great day, grocery day for me, already cleaned the frige, lol, can't put new food in a messy frige, right, (Can y ou say CND (compulsive neatness disorder!) lol just wiped out the shelves really, and threw away a couple things that have been in there for a bit. but that is all, nothing major , it doesn't get to bad, thank goodness.....

Did you open a thread in show-and-tell?

Hi all!

First of all, Cindy I am so sorry hon. That is rotten! I hope it works out!

For you all, yup already got a new clock ready to go. I went cheap, hope that wasn't a mistake! It is just an alarm clock, no radio or anything, I don't need that. And Katy, yup, I would never EVER wake up 3 hours late! LOL

Do any of you belong to Christine's Crochet Along on facebook? I do and my purse I entered won the purse category! I don't know what I win, but I get something! It was just fun to see my purse there! You can't say anything yet till it's all done Saturday, in case you belong.

Well, it's dinner time!

Hugs!

kuddles

:flower Happy May Day to you all. 

Katy, I posted my friendshipghan over in the show and tell thread.  chshort was ahead of me so its off and running. 

cindy I am glad the baby changed positions and I am so sorry about the shipyard job.  I will keep my fingers crossed that the latest info you received is wrong. 

Katy, Kuddles  :sun  :sun  :sun days ahead, starting tomorrow, I hope so because with all this  :rain  our grass is in dire need of mowing.  It's going to take it a day or two to dry up enough to get it done. 

Hi all!

First of all, Cindy I am so sorry hon. That is rotten! I hope it works out!

For you all, yup already got a new clock ready to go. I went cheap, hope that wasn't a mistake! It is just an alarm clock, no radio or anything, I don't need that. And Katy, yup, I would never EVER wake up 3 hours late! LOL

Do any of you belong to Christine's Crochet Along on facebook? I do and my purse I entered won the purse category! I don't know what I win, but I get something! It was just fun to see my purse there! You can't say anything yet till it's all done Saturday, in case you belong.

Well, it's dinner time!

Hugs!

kuddles

Congrats on your purse winning.  I hope you won something really neat. 

Good morning to all!

:flower Happy May Day to you all. 

Katy, I posted my friendshipghan over in the show and tell thread.  chshort was ahead of me so its off and running. 

cindy I am glad the baby changed positions and I am so sorry about the shipyard job.  I will keep my fingers crossed that the latest info you received is wrong. 

Katy, Kuddles  :sun  :sun  :sun days ahead, starting tomorrow, I hope so because with all this  :rain  our grass is in dire need of mowing.  It's going to take it a day or two to dry up enough to get it done. 

Oh honey it is not to be here for the next week! Still rain in the forecast every. single. day. argh!

Congrats on your purse winning.  I hope you won something really neat. 

Me too! Thanks much!

Nice going Ms. Kuddles!!  Your purses and totes are quite the thing!!

Ah, thanks sweetie!

Hey guys I am back. I think Katy has my new Address and now I might find the time to make some puffy stuffers

Good and hope all goes well at your new place!

Poor kiddles! Up in the middle of the night with a bloody nose that lasted almost an hour! I guess we'll have to go back to the nose doctor again to have her take a look up there. Poor baby!

So glad it is Friday! Felt like such a long week and after being up in the night twice.....well....

Hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

Good Morning and Happy Friday!  :dance

Cindy, I hope everything works out with the job.

Kuddles, Congratulations on the purse! Hope Kiddles is ok.

Katie, I found the show and tell thread and posted my afghan.

Dragnlady5, glad you're back, hope you're settled into your new place.

I plan to go home after work and hibernate in my sewing room for the weekend, which is a really good plan since its suppose to rain all weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be back later.

Archived