Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

well i swear, if no one claims the other two quickly, Ill take one, what the hec, lol I think it would be a dandy for the center of another afghan, even if I only have one, Ill work in some others diff. squares around it, and make it a focal point, soooooo if no one else jumps for the two remaining, Ill take one!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my phone is toooo far away for me to reach right now, and I forgot to count up squares in pictures. But I did start edging them, and I counted those - I've edged seven squares so far! I only have 41 left to go. And then whatever odd shape gaps I have to fill in. That should be fun; I've never done that before! I think I'm at roughly twenty-one squares for the month, give or take 2. Like I said, I'll have to count on the pictures in my phone! :D:photo

ETA: 24. It's 24 total for the month. Not too bad! And all so pretty, too!

well i swear, if no one claims the other two quickly, Ill take one, what the hec, lol I think it would be a dandy for the center of another afghan, even if I only have one, Ill work in some others diff. squares around it, and make it a focal point, soooooo if no one else jumps for the two remaining, Ill take one!

I sent her a Pm Katy don't worry they didnt go unwanted......

Hi, Everyone!

All the squares have been claimed. Just waiting on two pm's and I'll get them in the mail probably on Monday. I'm so happy that they're going to find new homes!!

Dragnlady5:  Love the stocking!!  You're kids are going to love them!!

kuddles:  Sending thoughts to your mom and SIL for a safe trip home.  

I did a whole lot of nothing but resting today.  I'm not sure if I told everyone, but I'm off work and recovering for surgery (for at least another week).  It was no big deal, really...it just was really painful.  I had an abscess that started last Sunday, and by Friday I was in the emergency room.  They admitted me and did the surgery Saturday, and I was able to come home on Sunday.  They're making me stay home for so long because the wound is completely open so it can continue to drain (totally gross).  I asked the doctor how to prevent this from happening again, and he said, "You can't.  It's just something that happens."  UGH!!!  So, today I rested because I was feeling really icky, coughing, and achy.  I hope I'm not getting sick on top of this!!  

Take care, Everyone and stay warm!!

Sounds like the same surgery I had in July.  It was open too, not fun when you have to pack it yourself.  I hope you feel better.  Been there, done that and got the t-shirt too.  It was a long recovery.  Sending prayers your way for quick healing.

Well you gals were sure chatty while I was 'gone'! Wow!!!! I can't catch up except to say, cute squares, you lucky gals in getting those!

Update: my mother arrived home safely last nite from Branson! Whew! They stayed an extra nite due to the ice storm (with snow on top!). She was ready to be home, but had a great time. Thanks for all prayers cause they worked!!

Also just as I was deciding to close my destash etsy shop due to lack of sales, overnite someone bought two button sets ! Woot! Guess I'll keep it up a bit. I have fabric to list ..... wasn't going to but now, I take the sale as a 'sign' that I should continue for now!

Hugs, gotta run!

kuddles

Haha, that was me, Kuddles! Guess I bought just in time! :D Since I'm almost always on my phone on Cville I kept forgetting about it, since the mobile version doesn't show signatures, but I have to go to the full site to load pictures and I happened to notice it last night as I was putting up my last Queen Square picture. I'm so glad you decided to post the fabrics - I reeeeeally want to see! I can't promise to buy anything. :-/ But I would love to see if there's anything I can't resist. Like the sewing buttons that I thought would be a perfect "stocking stuffer" addition for my quilting MIL.

Ok, I would like to talk more but I have to go over to the stashbuster thread to post my score so the little guy can use my computer to play "zombies" (Plants vs. Zombies). He's being... well, as patient as a three-year old can be!  :manyheart

Oh that is good news, that all little orphaned squares have found some new homes!!!!!!! Those were such cute squares and thanks Jilliepop for the wonderfully generous offer!!!! I love those Random bonus posts, lol.....

snowing here, up half the night it seemed with a bug, got to go out sometime today, and get some Imodium as I don't have any, and coulda used some, lol

Light powder snow, as they call it, snow is snow right......

Hi, Everyone!
All the squares have been claimed. Just waiting on two pm's and I'll get them in the mail probably on Monday. I'm so happy that they're going to find new homes!!

Well you gals were sure chatty while I was 'gone'! Wow!!!! I can't catch up except to say, cute squares, you lucky gals in getting those!

Update: my mother arrived home safely last nite from Branson! Whew! They stayed an extra nite due to the ice storm (with snow on top!). She was ready to be home, but had a great time. Thanks for all prayers cause they worked!!

Also just as I was deciding to close my destash etsy shop due to lack of sales, overnite someone bought two button sets ! Woot! Guess I'll keep it up a bit. I have fabric to list ..... wasn't going to but now, I take the sale as a 'sign' that I should continue for now!

Hugs, gotta run!

kuddles

So glad mom got back without incident!!!!! ANd a sale always boosts us up so glad you are staying with it for a while, the fabric should be a good magnet!! Hope for lots of sales!!!!!

The monkey squares were so cute.  I am not collecting but seeing them sure made me smile.  I also download my photos to my computer before uploading them but my niece downloaded one from her camera for me once.  I think you do it the same way except you browse your camera for it rather than your computer. 

It's been hideously cold here and its snowing today.  We decided to not go in for the Christmas Pageant at the church this afternoon.  We were happy to make it to a pancake breakfast and holiday sale yesterday morning and then to a party with my old co-workers last night.  One of them that lives down in the Branson area did make it up because of the weather. 

Angel will get your package in the mail this week and I agree I too am so thankful for all of you here.

Hi Squares!

You all have been chatty.

Those monkey squares are adorable.

Kuddles, glad your mom made it home safely. I had friend stuck in Dallas for an extra day but he is home now.

The kids did a great job with their program at church today but we are all tired. My grandson fell asleep on the sofa about an hour ago and I dozed off for a few minutes too. It will be an early night got me.

Stay warm everyone.

It was crappy out there today. Raining and down to 35 degrees. I was totally freezing and had to take the boys back. I was going to talk to their mom tonight but she was all over the piece of crap and saying I love you. I was so freaking mad and that poor kid is very angry and I understand and don't blame him. I left some important advice for the boys and will call every evening. I just wished they lived closer and it didn't cost so much going to get them and taking them back. so I really sacrifice things I need and want just to get them. But they are the high light on the weekends. So I will just keep doing it.

I'm so glad your mom made it back safely, Kuddles.  It's scary when Mother Nature throws a curveball and leaves us wondering where our loved ones are.  My sister went to Peru a few short years ago and was there for a powerful earthquake.  They were stranded in the middle of nowhere, and the roads to get back to the city were treacherous.  There were huge open cracks and missing pieces of road.  Thank God she and her boyfriend were safe.  The not knowing is the worst, isn't it?  Again, I'm really glad your mom is home safe.

The monkey squares were so cute.  I am not collecting but seeing them sure made me smile.  I also download my photos to my computer before uploading them but my niece downloaded one from her camera for me once.  I think you do it the same way except you browse your camera for it rather than your computer. 

It's been hideously cold here and its snowing today.  We decided to not go in for the Christmas Pageant at the church this afternoon.  We were happy to make it to a pancake breakfast and holiday sale yesterday morning and then to a party with my old co-workers last night.  One of them that lives down in the Branson area did make it up because of the weather. 

Angel will get your package in the mail this week and I agree I too am so thankful for all of you here.

Thank you, bgs!

I have pictures to share!  Two are of small projects I completed.  Here are the links to the posts:  

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/149407-owl-earflap-beanie/?p=2603187

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/149408-betty-bear-collection-santa-outfit/?p=2603188

Here are some dishcloths I made.  The stitches are from "101 Easy Tunisian Stitches."  As you can see, I didn't keep the dimensions uniform.  I don't even know what the normal size is for a dishcloth.  I'm finally making stuff using my huge pattern stash, lol.

post-44469-0-34517900-1386566357_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-24693200-1386566363_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-58100400-1386566369_thumb.jpg

Haha, that was me, Kuddles! Guess I bought just in time! :D Since I'm almost always on my phone on Cville I kept forgetting about it, since the mobile version doesn't show signatures, but I have to go to the full site to load pictures and I happened to notice it last night as I was putting up my last Queen Square picture. I'm so glad you decided to post the fabrics - I reeeeeally want to see! I can't promise to buy anything. :-/ But I would love to see if there's anything I can't resist. Like the sewing buttons that I thought would be a perfect "stocking stuffer" addition for my quilting MIL.

Ok, I would like to talk more but I have to go over to the stashbuster thread to post my score so the little guy can use my computer to play "zombies" (Plants vs. Zombies). He's being... well, as patient as a three-year old can be!  :manyheart

Oh my, I had no idea! Doh!!! Well your buttons are going out today honey!

Yup I WILL do fabric and if all you do is look, that is cool!

Thanks again!

kuddles

Good morning and thanks everyone for my mom's well wishes! I can move on to something else to worry about!

Yup the weather is not fun now.....winter is officially here! We got about 2 inches however it was so slick out, lots of crashes in the chicago area.......I'm praying everyone out there stays safe!

Great dishcloths! I have some tunisian hooks and a few books and keep telling myself to get with it and start to learn it!

Well, I guess getting ready for work/school is a good idea!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Good morning! I hope everyone stays warm (and safe!) today! We've had snow off and on since Thursday, and last night we ended up with a glazing of ice over everything, making parking lots VERY slippery! I didn't fall, but had a few close calls when I went to drop something off for a friend at her church!

Morning!! Im sipping some orange juice, and just got finished paying for something I ordered on ebay, and it's cold in this bedroom, lol, I ususally sleep with the vent closed at night, and sometimes forget to open it up again for the daytime!

But, the plan for today, noon, venture out, streets will be melted probably by then, as the sun is out  now....GOtta get one more thing for one gift bag for my brunch bunch, then that is done, and gotta look for another thing, and yada yada yada, lol

Then home again, in the warmie, and was thinking about putting together some of the many squares I have at the ready to use if and when needed, lol and making say, 12 inchers out of four of them, and just putting them aside for now, till needed.. I don't know really what Ill do with them yet!!

How is everyone managing in the cold and snow, it's cold here for sure, about 2 inches of snow, but it will keep thawing, and refreezing at nights, to be around for awhile to irritate us....Handymandan, calls it a nusiance snow, but it's very light, he thought of just using the leaf blower on the vehicles, and it worked great, lol    

Well, Im off for now, time to get to moving round a bit, and getting myself ready to bear the cold later on......take care all, do stay warm, and careful on that ice!!

Your things are adorabel by the way angel, simply darling!

It's cold here but no snow. But I know all about the snow and falls. My left need still hurts after ten years ago of falling on ice. We are lucky it snows once here and then gone the next day . Thank goodness.

Stay safe everyone and watch your step on that winter white snow and ice underneath ....

It's still raining outside and very cold. At least when I let the puppies and big dogs out they do their business and run back in and let me dry them off. I love them!! I need to finish getting this tie blanket braided and off the table. Then fold laundry and then need to crochet the blanket for daughters baby shower. Also have a cute granny square I want to make and appliqué a monkey to it... I need to get in gear.

Archived