Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Angel your package is now in the hands of the USPS.  I hope it has a safe journey.  I added some tape here and there to reinforce the envelope after seeing your post with the ripped open envelope.

I am so glad we didn't venture out yesterday.  The snow only amounted to a dusting and wasn't an issue on the road but about the time we would have been returning home there were a rash of accidents due to freezing drizzle. 

The leaf blower for powdery snow is a great idea will have to pass it along.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!  I see many of you are dealing with this wonderful snow too.  Isn't it great?! NOT :lol The older I get, the less I like it.  At least I haven't had to venture out in it yet and have stayed snuggly warm in my house.  Tomorrow is a different story since it's the day I have to go have my port changed.  Ugh, I wish I could put it off, but the rest of the week get's busy, blah, blah, blah, lol.

Kuddles, glad your mom made it back safe and sound! Traveling at this time of year is always so tricky.

Take care everyone!  :hug

Good luck tomorrow grannyannie. Hope all goes well.

VikingRunnerGirl thank you will let you know when it arrives .

Yep I was out in the cold tonight to go get daughter her solution for her contacts.

Lucky me I'm freezing. I'm wrapped up in a blanket right now.

Good morning chatties!

Well yesterday was COLD! I had an after work mtg so left an hour later....by the time Kiddles and I got home, the car hadn't warmed up yet and I was cold to the bone! Could NOT get warm! BRRRRRR well, it is officially winter! We got about 2 inches of snow, was very slick in the morning but they got all the roads cleared off quickly. I saw lots of pile ups on the news in other states...wow! Stay safe out there everyone!

Ann, thanks...it's always 'scarey' when people drive in the winter up here. I'm hoping this winter doesn't get 'crazy'!

Gotta start getting ready!

Hugs!

kuddles

Third day ina row that they have cancled School here. we got ice and 8 inches of snow thursday night. more snow Friday. More Ice Sunday and we got about another 3 inches last night and it is still snowing.

Bitterly Bitterly cold lately. we heat with space heater and kerosene. (Our furnace went kuput) 

Hope everyone stays warm and comfy today.

Wow, I'll stop complaining !!! You have it much worse! Keep warm!

kuddles

Third day ina row that they have cancled School here. we got ice and 8 inches of snow thursday night. more snow Friday. More Ice Sunday and we got about another 3 inches last night and it is still snowing.

Bitterly Bitterly cold lately. we heat with space heater and kerosene. (Our furnace went kuput) 

Hope everyone stays warm and comfy today.

They always say someone out there has it worse than us. We can be thankful for the warmth and quilts we have to keep us warm along with hats, scarves because we can make them in abundance .LOL

Stay warm dragnlady5 and kuddles. My bones ache from the cold today. So crawling back into bed for a little while.

Good morning all!

It was warmer in Ancorage Alaska Yesterday then it was here in Orleans Indiana lol.  we are good. just stay dressed, wear socks, and sit under a blanket if you can lol.

Thought I would share with you what our little elf has been up to this morning. I think he is developing a sweet tooth

528E0D7F-orig.jpg

Yup owlvamp, I try to remember I'm luckier than most!

And my bones ache too but got to keep typing......

dragnlady, YUM! Those treats are making me hungry!!! How far is Orleans from Chicago? Maybe I could drive over and have some of those baked goods!

kuddles

Home for me today because daycare's closed. I probably could have made it in; things aren't *that* bad out. But one of us had to stay home and I decided it would be me!

We were just at the doctor for his well visit and he did so well that when he said he wanted chicken for lunch I said we could stop and get chicken nuggets. Now they're getting cold in the car because he fell asleep and I haven't been able to bring myself to wake him! Need to soon, though, the poor dog will need to go out....

We're planning on making a gingerbread house this week. I've never made one before - I'm looking forward to this! :D

Glad to hear he is good! Show us pix of the house when you are done!

kuddles

Home for me today because daycare's closed. I probably could have made it in; things aren't *that* bad out. But one of us had to stay home and I decided it would be me!

We were just at the doctor for his well visit and he did so well that when he said he wanted chicken for lunch I said we could stop and get chicken nuggets. Now they're getting cold in the car because he fell asleep and I haven't been able to bring myself to wake him! Need to soon, though, the poor dog will need to go out....

We're planning on making a gingerbread house this week. I've never made one before - I'm looking forward to this! :D

Yep I want to see the gingerbread house to when you finish it all up...

Glad the visit went good for him. It always makes us feel good when we get good reports.

It's still raining here to and is suppose to keep raining till tomorrow. It really stinks that it's cold and raining out there.i never want to leave my bed. I took out all the puppies and I just want to crawl right back in bed. I know I can't or should I say I shouldn't but wanna. I'm just so cold and Tank is to. He laid on his bed and I just covered him up. He needs a doggy jacket so he is getting one somehow. Been searching it on youtube how to make them. So I might try. Wish me luck.

Hello all, hope you are all doing great :hug

Moussie has been up to no good, since my last visit, hes been into everything. One morning he was found in the kids saucer chair eating cheese sticks, fruit snacks and watching tv. And yesterday morning, he fell into the little candy grabber machine that is in the living room. Little stinker.

And my 9 yr old made a statement that Christmas was Santas birthday, and I told her No its not. Well, moussie must want her to know the proper meaning of Christmas, bc he was sitting on one of our bibles this morning.

Yup owlvamp, I try to remember I'm luckier than most!

And my bones ache too but got to keep typing......

dragnlady, YUM! Those treats are making me hungry!!! How far is Orleans from Chicago? Maybe I could drive over and have some of those baked goods!

kuddles

About a 4 houor drive Kuddles...... How bad you want them?

I must admit. I did not make the goodies. Me and another Lady at church run a food ministry at church. people come in on a certain day and order boxes of food. usually at a 40% discount at what u could buy it at the store. Then 2 weeks later is delivery day. we have 5 people who NEVER miss an order. One of those ladies every Christmas makes us both a batch of assorted goodies. 

good afternoon

well supposedly this is the last day of rain,sure hope so

wish I had some of those yummy looking cookies to go with my coffee

Hello all, hope you are all doing great :hug

Moussie has been up to no good, since my last visit, hes been into everything. One morning he was found in the kids saucer chair eating cheese sticks, fruit snacks and watching tv. And yesterday morning, he fell into the little candy grabber machine that is in the living room. Little stinker.

And my 9 yr old made a statement that Christmas was Santas birthday, and I told her No its not. Well, moussie must want her to know the proper meaning of Christmas, bc he was sitting on one of our bibles this morning.

The Story of Christmas is a wonderful one. I am sure there will be some cartoon about it also this time of year. That is one thing I have always impressed upon my kids. That Jesus is why we celebrate. we even had a Birthday cake for Jesus a few years.

Brrrrr!  It's cold for some of you ladies!  It's cold here, but cold for us is mild for everyone else.  My friends and I saw Frozen last night.  It's such a fun, cute animated movie!  We're going to watch it again on Thursday night and then watching the midnight showing of The Hobbit:  The Desolation of Smaug.  Two movies in one night!  Whoo-hoo!  Then Friday I'm going with a cousin to see The Hobbit again, lol.  He used to miss out on movies because no one would go with him.  We discovered our mutual love for the movies; so now we're thick as thieves and planning our movie calendar, lol.  

Guess what?!  I got my first squares as Queen!  Thank you, Kathie!  I actually had the picture ready to post when I posted the Tunisian dishcloths and stuff and fell asleep before posting the squares, lol.  They are perfect and square and very happy in their new foster home.  Someday they'll be sent to warm up a little girl.  Here they are :)

post-44469-0-99404600-1386720937_thumb.jpg

yup cold! 

pretty squares!

Brrrrr!  It's cold for some of you ladies!  It's cold here, but cold for us is mild for everyone else.  My friends and I saw Frozen last night.  It's such a fun, cute animated movie!  We're going to watch it again on Thursday night and then watching the midnight showing of The Hobbit:  The Desolation of Smaug.  Two movies in one night!  Whoo-hoo!  Then Friday I'm going with a cousin to see The Hobbit again, lol.  He used to miss out on movies because no one would go with him.  We discovered our mutual love for the movies; so now we're thick as thieves and planning our movie calendar, lol.  

Guess what?!  I got my first squares as Queen!  Thank you, Kathie!  I actually had the picture ready to post when I posted the Tunisian dishcloths and stuff and fell asleep before posting the squares, lol.  They are perfect and square and very happy in their new foster home.  Someday they'll be sent to warm up a little girl.  Here they are :)

hi all, love the elf and his her shananigans!! Love the pics! Oh angel, you got the squares!

lol good, they were a little weary of traveling in the cold cold, but I told them, they would be warmer soon!!

Such cold and winter weather everywhere, cold here too, but easing a bit,  i think we may have gotten to 20 something even today!

After being in the cold, it's hard to warm up for me too, so kuddles, and viking, and all of you that are in the bitterly cold, layer! I wore gloves in the short distance from my front door, down the sidewark to the driveway, and my hands got so cold anyways! sheesh...

we are expecting dangerous wind chills here as well, which always makes it a challenge for people to keep warm, I think about the homeless, and hope they all find shelter inside in this weather..

Ok, well, gotta run, couple things to do before I can call it a night!       take care all, and sure hope all goes well with you ann!

Pretty squares!

Yep cold here but not as bad as some of you. Some friends in PA showed me some pictures and they were slammed with the snow.

One friend her husband got her van stuck. She's happy! Not really but what do you do. So stay safe and bundle up and stay warm..

I agree Katy about the homeless. I always wonder the same thing. That is why I do so many charity's ... I would to just go out on the streets and find them and give them hats,scarves and quilts to stay warm. Even a cup of warm chicken soup to fill there bellies.

Maybe one day I can. Right now my family picks a family and different charity's each year. Some charity's are the same each year but the family is different. It is quite fun and I want my children to realize there is less forunate people out there that if we can help we should. We struggle pay check to pay check but for me it's not an excuse. I just love giving and making others feel loved.

Good night everyone hopefully tomorrow will bring us better days.

My washer is not working right and leaking water. I sure hope it doesn't cost a lot and I sure the he-- don't want to go to the laundry mat. Have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow. I hope he doesn't charge a lot I really don't have it and beings it right before christmas. I'm already as tight as can be and this will just throw us over board.

Tank is limping on his leg. So I'm worried about him and if he doesn't feel better tomorrow need to take him to the vet. Not sure who I am robbing this time and not paying something. Cried most of the evening . So I'm a basket case. I need the washer fixed if is fixable with out an arm and leg or is a new one cheaper? Not that I have the money to get one. But I also can't make Tank stay in pain either. So darn if I do or don't. He's my baby and I'm really sad for him. I will see how is in the morning. Sorry ladies calling it an evening.

Going to go unpack some and try to sleep. I will get Tank to bed and make him comfy. I will pick him up onto the bed and not let him jump.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Sorry for unloading.

Archived