Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baby is really sick. She has another ear infection this time all the way to the ear drum. Coughing and she is just plain miserable. Stopped and got her her medicine and then got her some puffs with lotion, her poor nose is running wild. She is out of swimming till next Monday and I'm going to find her some ear plugs. Going to fix this problem one way or another. Can't keep paying the doctors then the medicine on top of it. This is twice now.

Honestly I need to buy yarn.:) want to make this afghan for daughters baby shower but it doesn't look good with the medical bills these last two weeks.

well,gee,this is my first time on here today

its been a busy day,made the postal run and Viking's and muttcutts squares have been sent

Brenda thank you for the pineapple ornament and card,it was so nice of you to think of me.

AngelRoseLite,I'll send some squares,have to get right on it,cause I don't do the post office after the 10th of Dec.cause of long lines

oooh, floating , now I get it, good idea, thanks for explaining that to me Sandra!! Hey, when is your deadline, I have  a couple things for you, when should I mail them by, do I have till the end of this week or will that be too late.....

Darling Lucky, I love that face!!!!!!! You will find, that after he is fixed, he will settle down quite a bit, I mean, it won't happen overnight, as they used to tell me lol, but it does calm them down some, so good days ahead for you and kiddles, and pupples!!

Hi Ann, glad you had a nice time, and good you have some days to recover, before jumping into another drive, and dr. appt.

Angel, you sound in better spirits, you know we missed your cheery posts!! Glad you are back, and off and running!!

Rusty's mom, glad you are back posting, we get so chatty here,so just jump right in, and we look forward to your posts!!And would love pics on your ghan and it's progress!!

Hi mandy! good to see you posting again too, do you have a p ic of your ghan yet, or have you got enough, or or or, lol we'd love to see eye candy!!

Pineknot, cshort, anyone else I may have missed, hope all is going well, and everyone is reasonably healthy, seemingly sane, and not too busy for this time of year!!!!!!!!

Nothing much here going on, finished up all the decorating Im doing this year, won't miss a tree, it became a contest between me and the cats, leave it up, take it down, put it back up, knock it down, yada yada yada!!

I didn't get to sleep till late for some reason, and up early so me tired tonight, headed to the showers soon, so will catch up with you all tomorrow!!!!!!!! Sweet Dreams!!!!

Yes katy you have time if mail by the end of the week.

bgs thank you for the ornament and christmas card. That was so sweet of you. I love how you made it. Is it hard to crochet that little thread ? Been wanting to make snowflakes but I guess it scares me away from it. Then do you starch it or put it in glue/ water mixture to get it stiff? I love it so thank you. Thanks for thinking of me.

Hi, ladies!  It's good to see more activity today :)  Weekends get so busy the last couple of months of the year, don't they?  I'm crocheting!  Yay!  Now I have so much I want to do again but don't have enough time.  I'm even getting orders.  What?!  Since work is so slow, for the first time, I'm taking some orders.  I get so many requests for the car seat canopy that I designed.  I hope I can make a few for some baby showers.  I need to start making them just to store them but without an applique so that the person wanting one can choose an available color scheme and then choose the applique that they would like.  I think that sounds like a plan.  Then there are the matching crocodile stitch slippers and booties that I'm going to make for my niece and her soon-to-be-here little girl.  Yikes!  So much work; so little time!

Baby is really sick. She has another ear infection this time all the way to the ear drum. Coughing and she is just plain miserable. Stopped and got her her medicine and then got her some puffs with lotion, her poor nose is running wild. She is out of swimming till next Monday and I'm going to find her some ear plugs. Going to fix this problem one way or another. Can't keep paying the doctors then the medicine on top of it. This is twice now.

Oh, poor girl!  I'm had horrible ear infections.  They kicked in as an adult, never even as a baby.  Crazy!  I hate earplugs, but you do what you have to in order to keep infection-free.  The doctor visits and medicine really can get expensive.  I'm lucky that I got a very reasonable plan through L.A. County when I was in the emergency room recently.  The months that I don't go to the doctor, I don't pay anything.  Thank God.  I hope you can find a plan like that for you and your daughter.

Thanks for the explanation of the floating shower.  It's a great idea.  I wish all parties were like that, lol.  Due to work, sometimes I run late and then don't go because I'm too embarrassed to show up late.  My job is so unpredictable that I can't commit to anything unless I know I'm on vacation, which is something I don't do if I can avoid it.  I don't get anything paid if I don't work because I'm self-employed.

Honestly I need to buy yarn. :) want to make this afghan for daughters baby shower but it doesn't look good with the medical bills these last two weeks.

I've been there too many times recently.  Despite my stash, it's never enough of one color to make an afghan.  Do you know if it's going to be a boy or a girl?  Any particular colors you were looking for?

well,gee,this is my first time on here today

its been a busy day,made the postal run and Viking's and muttcutts squares have been sent

Brenda thank you for the pineapple ornament and card,it was so nice of you to think of me.

AngelRoseLite,I'll send some squares,have to get right on it,cause I don't do the post office after the 10th of Dec.cause of long lines

Thank you, pineknott!  I hate those long lines too.  I'll use up all my stamps before having to go inside.  

oooh, floating , now I get it, good idea, thanks for explaining that to me Sandra!! Hey, when is your deadline, I have  a couple things for you, when should I mail them by, do I have till the end of this week or will that be too late.....

Darling Lucky, I love that face!!!!!!! You will find, that after he is fixed, he will settle down quite a bit, I mean, it won't happen overnight, as they used to tell me lol, but it does calm them down some, so good days ahead for you and kiddles, and pupples!!

Hi Ann, glad you had a nice time, and good you have some days to recover, before jumping into another drive, and dr. appt.

Angel, you sound in better spirits, you know we missed your cheery posts!! Glad you are back, and off and running!!

Rusty's mom, glad you are back posting, we get so chatty here,so just jump right in, and we look forward to your posts!!And would love pics on your ghan and it's progress!!

Hi mandy! good to see you posting again too, do you have a p ic of your ghan yet, or have you got enough, or or or, lol we'd love to see eye candy!!

Pineknot, cshort, anyone else I may have missed, hope all is going well, and everyone is reasonably healthy, seemingly sane, and not too busy for this time of year!!!!!!!!

Nothing much here going on, finished up all the decorating Im doing this year, won't miss a tree, it became a contest between me and the cats, leave it up, take it down, put it back up, knock it down, yada yada yada!!

I didn't get to sleep till late for some reason, and up early so me tired tonight, headed to the showers soon, so will catch up with you all tomorrow!!!!!!!! Sweet Dreams!!!!

You know what they say:  Mind over matter.  I'm just glad I can crochet now.  

You're so funny!  I guess the cats won, lol.  Have a good night!

bgs thank you for the ornament and christmas card. That was so sweet of you. I love how you made it. Is it hard to crochet that little thread ? Been wanting to make snowflakes but I guess it scares me away from it. Then do you starch it or put it in glue/ water mixture to get it stiff? I love it so thank you. Thanks for thinking of me.

I read something a couple of days ago but didn't know what it was about.  What are you gathering, what's the deadline, and what age/sex is it for?

Have a good night, everyone :)

Good morning! Looks like bgs blessed us all with a lovely card and ornament! So sweet!

Sorry to hear owlvamp about the little one! Prayers!

I'm just hanging in there....like most of us!

Katy, I pray you are right about Lucky! Hope he calms down some!

Gotta get Kiddles ready, today is Rise and Shine (math help before school) so need to get moving!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Good morning everyone! I woke up with a major migraine. Getting baby ready for school and going to lay my head back down. Other daughter picking her up and taking her to school for me. Thank goodness.

AngelRoseLite it's a boy and colors I need to get are a light blue , some type of yellow for giraffe, brown for the trees, green for grass, probably the spring green for the leaves.

Now for collecting hats,scarves, mittens and slippers there really is never a dead line for I collect all year round. But the foster kids christmas party is next week. So collecting for that ages I need are for like 6-18 then the women's shelter will be the following week. Doing the same with hats and scarves and wash clothes , hand towels and pillow cases. Just need to get in gear and finish the pillow cases. Then the homeless which I tend to do darker colors for them. I do these continuous through the year. I make afghans and quilt and give then out during the colder months......

You're welcome.  Your fingers just have to get used to working with thread.  The first time I used one of the really big hooks (N) and chunky yarn it felt really awkward until I got used to it.  Then it was weird going back to a G hook.  Maybe I don't think much about using thread because I worked with it when I was maybe about 9.  Then the little hooks were put away for many years because sister had to go to the ER to get one extracted from her thumb.  I do the glue and water mixture to make it stiff.  My fingertips got pretty sore pinning them out.  I like working with thread but the stiffening and pinning them out not so much.  I have a gallon plastic bag full of flakes that need to be stiffened and pinned out.   There are some snowflake patterns for yarn.  You could also try using the larger thread (size 5 I think). 

Hi Everyone :waving

I am soooooo tired tonight.

I went to my sewing guild meeting last night for our Christmas party and had such a good time but the later than usual night is taking it's toll on me today. And it was a very busy day at school today. So I am relaxing on the sofa with my laptop and crocheting.

Have a good evening and a great day tomorrow.

Hey all!  Congrats to Ms. Queen!  I have some purple squares done, I will have to see what size they are and make some more! 

Katy, I need cotton, any color (especially varigated and/or bright colors), any size.  My turquoise is on hold for a while.  It is in the 70's right now here so I am enjoying the warm weather!

As for my living arrangement, don't feel bad!  My sister told me she was sad for me and I asker her why!  I'm not sad, and one of the men that live there has been going to church and actually joined the church I go to on Sunday, so God has me there for His reason! lol.

I got a scarf done for my youngest nephew, working on two more right now!  Not sure if I will get to the hats yet before Christmas, but will be trying.

Happy hooking to all, and to all a finished WIP! lol!

from using an N hook for so long,picking up the H,took some getting used to again.

think I'll do some 3 inchers,so far have two.

Brenda,I found the perfect spot in the kitchen,I had to dethrone Bill's winter blessings snowman ornament from last year,this way we all get to see it

You use Elmer's glue ? How much of each one do you use. I did some snowflakes from regular yarn but really like them in the smaller thread. I would love doing the glue and pinning. Doesn't bother me and can't you add glitter after the glue so it will dry with it? A bag of snowflakes you must of been busy. Wish I had a bag full already one day I will. So size 3 thread is smaller than 5 right ?

l start saying hello first off, adn then answering the last post first, cause it's all i remember, lol

Snowflake,ok, I will get those preferences on the first post, thanks, and glad you are safe, and happy, that makes me happy!!

Cshort, too much partying lady!!! BUrning that candle from both ends, only results in burnout, lol hope you got some rest!

Hi Pineknott, few days since we heard from you , glad all is well!!

/ hey ya Kuddles, yep it works, at least it did for my cats a way back when I got them done, doggie is fixed too, but long time ago, and she never was a chewer, or a digger,course she was in most of the time with us, lol but she has always been mellow....

Hi Brenda, you do such lovely thread work, mine is so pretty! thanks again!!

Angel, you are jumping back in feet first, lol good luck on the selling, I thought that car seat cover was adorable, and don't wonder why people are ordering them, they are soooo cute!! And this time of year, extra money, any way you can get it, is a GOOD thing, lol

Sandra, sorry to hear about daughter, earaches are terrible, Ive only had maybe two or three in my life, and about twice that in migraines, but both,terrible to go through, my sympathy to you both!!!

Ok sandra, Im mailing tomorrow,ok!!       Oh and Rusty's mom, package coming for you as well, and ANgel, our new queen,yours will also go out tomorrow, to beat the rush on the PO, lol     Hope you all keep your eye open for that mail man/lady soon!!!!!!!

Ahhh, too much to catch up this late!! Glad to see everyone's doing well though.

Brenda, I did get your package yesterday! Everything is lovely! My son immediately wanted to put the ornament on the tree (we just put it up this weekend) - he declared it an acorn and hung it up on a branch next to Curious George so he could eat it. :D

I worked up a possible layout yesterday and took pictures! I'll have to fill in some odd spaces, but that'll be fun. I think I'm going to edge in one color so I can join in that color, but to edge in back loops only so I don't lose any of the pattern effects. I think it has a chance of looking really good.

post-62070-0-59790900-1386129596_thumb.jpg

post-62070-0-27998400-1386129639_thumb.jpg

Morning!  Hope everyone feels good today, gets a lot done, stays warm or cool, and has a moment to crochet today!

I'll be working....as usual......then a quick mtg after work so home a bit later, but only by an hour....

Gotta run!

kuddles

well the start of the day is a rather soggy one,sun maybe by noon,then a four day stretch of rain until Tuesday

all of you out west stay safe in this round of wintry weather,oh forgot to mention the next two day we will be at 72 and 75 degrees

Linda stomps foot,we can't get any snow with those temps darn it!!!

Good morning everyone!

I didn't sleep well and I am meeting up with the lady this afternoon about the charity for the hats, scarves,pillowcases, and I do have some tots in there to. So hopefully by then she should of nailed down a date for the party. Hopefully can make some ornaments for there christmas tree. Was going to make snowflakes but if I do it will be with regular RHSS yarn. Plus some christmas trees. Will see though for I don't have any made yet. I'll talk with her today and go from there.

Did you know I think today is the last day. That Joann has RHSS yarn on sale for $1.59 a skein. I wish I could buy lots from them today.

Thanks, owl! It's not an afghan yet, of course. I think I still have a puffy or two on the way, so I'll probably have to rearrange things a bit! And I did try back-loop edging a few squares last night and I love the look. The edging yarn is green but it's a darker green than any of the squares, I believe, so they'll all show up well against it!

Owlvamp, were you still collecting kid's fabrics? I didn't get a chance to go through my stash before but I've got to run the sewing machine pretty heavy before Christmas, so I'll make a point to check if you are!

Archived