Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning everyone

we're getting ready for that cold blast of air and cold weather,I know its early but I'm patiently waiting for snow this year

so I can wear the hat I made that I put a snowflake pin on.

all those who need prayers to feel better and other life issues,you have them

Keep those smiles going it might brighten someone's day more than you know.

:lol I wore my snowflake earrings something like a month ago. I figured, can't hurt, right?  :flake

So tired right now! I've been sanding our upper kitchen cabinets so I can finally repaint them. We're having takeout pizza for dinner because the drop cloths are still up - my arms are all noodly now and I don't want to take the cloths down until I'm done because then I'll have to go buy new ones to finish. Painting will be easy after this, at least!

Unfortunately, I'm not the only tired one - little guy did not take a nap today and he is just as punchy as you would expect a three-year old who didn't have a nap to be.  :thair

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol I wore my snowflake earrings something like a month ago. I figured, can't hurt, right?  :flake

So tired right now! I've been sanding our upper kitchen cabinets so I can finally repaint them. We're having takeout pizza for dinner because the drop cloths are still up - my arms are all noodly now and I don't want to take the cloths down until I'm done because then I'll have to go buy new ones to finish. Painting will be easy after this, at least!

Unfortunately, I'm not the only tired one - little guy did not take a nap today and he is just as punchy as you would expect a three-year old who didn't have a nap to be.  :thair

Whew! Hope you get rest today!

Good night everyone!

Good nite.....and good morning!

Wow it is after 7:30 and I'm the first to post! Everyone must be tired, busy or ??

It's in the teens out there so we are off to the mall soon to walk. The back to stay inside the rest of today. Kiddles still has her cold but isn't horrible, just blowing a lot. I haven't caught it....yet!

Hugs!

kuddles

It's bitter here too today! Went to the farmer's market and the little guy was so excited to go and buy carrots, but the wind was so bad and he was so cold he was ready to leave right away. Poor guy was crying he was so cold. :( I had him wait in the car for me, with a cup of warm cider and a "juicy cawwot" for a snack.

He's down for a nap, finally! I'm waiting for the battery to recharge so I can sand one. Last. Cabinet! Finally getting some pictures sorted out I promised our former intern, and got a loooot of sewing to do while I wait though. I might get more done on my weekend list than I was worried yesterday! :D

My sister sent me a picture where they received some snow in PA. I usually go for Thanksgiving and it always snow. Not going this year so it can just dump as much as it would like.LOL I don't miss the snow days.

Hi All!  Well, I had a long post, but it seems to have disappeared into cyber space and the multi quote thing isn't working for me, so I'll just make this short and sweet.  You are all on my mind.  I hope and pray that all of you that are feeling ill start to feel better very soon and those that have lost their crochet mojo find some soon.  Maybe just make a small, quick project.  That usually helps me along.

Kuddles, I saw the pic of your hats and I love them! :clap

Maria, please be careful.  Blood pressure is nothing to fool around with. :hug

That's all I've got in me tonight.  Take care everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving in case I don't get back here before then! :tdance

hi all...

lots to catch up on around here!!  Didn't do much today, a few squares, oh wait, i made two more sashay scarves for two more people that want them, lol...A pink and white one, and a pretty purpley one, turned out good........

Had hamburgers for supper, no think no mess meal, lol, and clean up was quick and easy, and cake for desert, a friend brought over a bakery cake, with buttercream frosting for us, umm umm, it is a great cake, and I delivered to one neighbor that I didn't know last year, an afghan, she loved it, she does so much for people, she desevered something for HER. lol

what else really, I can't think tongiht, glad the weekend is over, and i know Im gonna get some slack for saying that to those of you working, but really weekends, and daytime/evening tv is really non existant.......plus its been a cold and blowy weekend, lows last evening of about 8 i think, brrrr.

hope all are well, and colds are easing up for everyone, see you tomorrow, and happy Monday!!!! :eek

Good night everyone!

It's cold here to and suppose to be in the twenties. It wouldn't be so cold if the wind wasn't blowing.

So inside for me most of the day.

Tomorrow my Harlie gets fixed. Need to be there by 9 so I'm off to brush teeth and go to bed.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Hi everyone, I'm really sorry I have not gotten the pic up yet for the beautiful squares I received the other day. As I think I mentioned before I have a bad hip and sometimes it flares up and it choose this past week and stayed that way over over a week. Also, I'm dealing with two bad teeth of which I go to the dentist for today so, I've been pretty miserable. So, I do apologize. They were beautiful oranges and yellows, some of my favorite colors - I love warm colors like that. But I promise I will try; and I am sorry I have forgotten the name of the person who sent them. I will do better soon, I promise. Hugs

I would say good morning but more like good middle of the nite! LOL I awoke at 1, finally got up at 2:30 since I was so awake. Snuck out of my bedroom so Lucky didn't hear me so he is still in bed....as is Kiddles. She keeps saying "I hate having a cold!" and I don't blame her! She can't stop blowing her nose and I finally smeared vaseline all over her nose it was so sore! She'll go to school though, she has no temp. She only has 2 days this week, so she can make it!

Ann, hope you are doing okay....I think of you often and pray for you just as often! Hugs my friend!

mstabbies, we sure understand! No need to apologize! Health, family, things happen in our lives and we drift in and out.....luckily Katie endures and keeps us going! Thanks for that Katie!

Hope you all have a great day! We are supposed to get an inch of snow!

kuddles

Good Morning.

The computer and I seem to be having some difficulty this morning so I'll try this for the second time.

I'm back at work today, still feeling a little run down but I have my voice back. We only have 2 days of school this week and then I'll be off to celebrate Thanksgiving and decorate for Christmas. I have a couple of errands to run today and then home to start cleaning the house.

Have a great day.

Can someone tell me how to upload an image? I looked in the help section but the button it is showing for that is now on my little window of options here. Thanks... I'm trying to post the squares Katie from Nebraska sent me. Thank you Katie, btw.. they are beautiful. :)

Good morning !

Off to check on Harlie for I took her in today to get fixed. Want no more puppies. I'm not made to be a breeder. Way to many mixed feelings and being a basket case . We had one liter and that's good for me for a complete 20 plus life times.:) .....

Hope everyone is doing good.

When I get back ill move some things around to get the ancient stove out of the house and bring my old one in. The oven doesn't work so I need to replace it with mine. Need to bake and then ready to cook my turkey for thanksgiving Thursday. Kinda need a working oven. LOL

Good morning !

Off to check on Harlie for I took her in today to get fixed. Want no more puppies. I'm not made to be a breeder. Way to many mixed feelings and being a basket case . We had one liter and that's good for me for a complete 20 plus life times. :) .....

Hope everyone is doing good.

When I get back ill move some things around to get the ancient stove out of the house and bring my old one in. The oven doesn't work so I need to replace it with mine. Need to bake and then ready to cook my turkey for thanksgiving Thursday. Kinda need a working oven. LOL

we dealt with an ancient stove one year,it came with the house,then it just gave out,yep a working oven really is needed,lol

I hear that ladies, no thanksgiving without a working oven,to be sure... I remember one brunch I had planned a nice egg dish casserole, and the day before the brunch, my oven element went out!! so no getting a replacement part till monday, ah well, i served toasted english muffins, as I still had a working broiler, with egg salad, sprinkled with bacon bits and paprika, along with the remainder of my menu that didn't require an oven!! It was a smash hit, and now when it's my turn for brunch,they ask in delight if Im making my egg salad toasties again! lol   sometimes I do, sometimes I dont!! Keep um guessin, i always say!

did I just strain or break it ,that is the question,something was left in the dark hallway,I rushed down the hall to tell hubby something,to break my fall,I put out my hand,and felt like I jammed my pinkie and ring finger,its starting to swell,golly hate to go to the ER for just a sprain,but if I broke anything,you only have a limited time that they could set it,owie

oh poor linda, go on in, better to be safe than sorry. I did something similar a couple months ago, but instead of doing what you did, I spread them on accident by getting up out of a chair, my hand slipped off the arm of the chair,a nd straddled my pinkie and ring finger, and spread it way too far apart with half my wieght on it,,,,,,,guess what, still pains me, but not as much as it did, so probably shoulda went in, but didn't.....you go, see what's up.......ok....

ha, was my leftie too, so didn't too much bother me, sometimes holding the piece but that's about it, Im right handed too!

still debating,Its my left hand,and I'm left handed,but guess what?? I crochet right handed,so I can still work on the hats( on 50 now)lol

Pineknott- I hope you didn't break it and it feels better really soon...

My husband and I just got back from a work/anniversary trip to the coast..We left on saturday and well, just got back.. :P  He had to take part of a chimney down and we were able to stay in a beach house..Very relaxing...I finally have my family of crabs..(the shells) now I just have to air them out..I was going to crochet and read a book..Didn't get to it..I was busy packing rocks and sand and concrete down 10 steps..And going back up them..Can we say OWWWW..My thighs and back ache..I did score a bruise tho...I was rewarded by trips to the junk shops on the way home...One wanted 8.00 for a bag of yarn balls...Hope everyone has a great week.... :yay  

Good Morning!

We are having our classroom Thanksgiving celebration today of pizza and cupcakes, so traditional  :lol. The housework got put on hold last night as I was too tired and I actually feel worse today than I did yesterday, this cold bug really needs to be gone. I did work on a preemie afghan last night and will probably work on it some more today. I'm off work tomorrow so I will be cleaning and baking then. I also get to see my granddaughter at her horse riding lessons, I haven't been able to go before because of my work schedule. Ok, enough rambling for now, I'll try to stop in again tonight. Have a great day.

Archived