Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

did I just strain or break it ,that is the question,something was left in the dark hallway,I rushed down the hall to tell hubby something,to break my fall,I put out my hand,and felt like I jammed my pinkie and ring finger,its starting to swell,golly hate to go to the ER for just a sprain,but if I broke anything,you only have a limited time that they could set it,owie

OH MY! I just cracked my left hand into the door of my bedroom yesterday and it hurts like you know what! I can move the fingers so no break but I can barely move the fingers without hurting! You poor thing! I feel your pain,  literally!

still debating,Its my left hand,and I'm left handed,but guess what?? I crochet right handed,so I can still work on the hats( on 50 now)lol

What did you decide?

ha, was my leftie too, so didn't too much bother me, sometimes holding the piece but that's about it, Im right handed too!

I wanted to crochet last  nite but knew my hand would complain so didn't!

Good Morning!

We are having our classroom Thanksgiving celebration today of pizza and cupcakes, so traditional  :lol. The housework got put on hold last night as I was too tired and I actually feel worse today than I did yesterday, this cold bug really needs to be gone. I did work on a preemie afghan last night and will probably work on it some more today. I'm off work tomorrow so I will be cleaning and baking then. I also get to see my granddaughter at her horse riding lessons, I haven't been able to go before because of my work schedule. Ok, enough rambling for now, I'll try to stop in again tonight. Have a great day.

Feel better! It's going around!

Taking Lucky in half an hour to get fixed today.......poor Baby but at least it is fast and quick for boys......then off to school/work....won't be typing too much, having a hard time with my hand.

Hugs

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Lucky does well getting fixed today.

Harlie is home and resting peacefully on my bed next to me. She just loves my bed. She has her own but mine is better she says. I just gave her some pain medicine and she is sleeping like a baby. It's odd seeing her not so hyper. Hopefully this will calm her down some and wish I could figure out the chewing problem. I know it's a knew house and all for them but when I leave she finds anything to chew on. Let's see she chewed the phone charger right out the socket. That was scary. I guess she didn't get shocked because she is okay. Then she chewed the hard case right off the wall phone jack. And the covers for the heaters. Just found another one under my bed when I was under there getting little guy.

Husband is going to build a wooden crate for Harlie this weekend. Let her chew herself right out of that. Then we just replace boards if she does. She's will only be in it when I have to go somewheres or she will never see it.

Lucky is a chewer. He must be in his pen when we leave. He can not be left alone!

Talked to the vet, Lucky is doing great and we'll pick him up after work/school!

Hope Lucky does well getting fixed today.

Harlie is home and resting peacefully on my bed next to me. She just loves my bed. She has her own but mine is better she says. I just gave her some pain medicine and she is sleeping like a baby. It's odd seeing her not so hyper. Hopefully this will calm her down some and wish I could figure out the chewing problem. I know it's a knew house and all for them but when I leave she finds anything to chew on. Let's see she chewed the phone charger right out the socket. That was scary. I guess she didn't get shocked because she is okay. Then she chewed the hard case right off the wall phone jack. And the covers for the heaters. Just found another one under my bed when I was under there getting little guy.

hey ya all,  haven't been around much today, but better late than never.make sure to check the current first post, before you mail to anyone, as it is always changing......thank you all, and Harlie is probably just showing anxiety, new place, and all, Im sure that will clear up as she gets used to her new digs!

The count down is here. The christmas party is the second week of of December. So any help will be appreciated. Please PM me for new address thanks.

There is some Un-square business to attend to, Angels Needed!!  

Sandra needs some help gals, if we could all of us that can, commit to one hat, or one scarf to send her before her deadline, Im sure that would be most appreciated....Im gonna try my best to at least get a hat or something done, before her deadline, what say you, anyone want to hop on the angel wagon and do one for a good cause!!??????????? Might get ya a touch closer to Your Halo!! he he he.....

hey, welcome back mama!! Missed ya!!

Pineknott- I hope you didn't break it and it feels better really soon...

My husband and I just got back from a work/anniversary trip to the coast..We left on saturday and well, just got back.. :P  He had to take part of a chimney down and we were able to stay in a beach house..Very relaxing...I finally have my family of crabs..(the shells) now I just have to air them out..I was going to crochet and read a book..Didn't get to it..I was busy packing rocks and sand and concrete down 10 steps..And going back up them..Can we say OWWWW..My thighs and back ache..I did score a bruise tho...I was rewarded by trips to the junk shops on the way home...One wanted 8.00 for a bag of yarn balls...Hope everyone has a great week.... :yay  

You are so active carol, how do you do it all!!

Good Morning!

We are having our classroom Thanksgiving celebration today of pizza and cupcakes, so traditional  :lol. The housework got put on hold last night as I was too tired and I actually feel worse today than I did yesterday, this cold bug really needs to be gone. I did work on a preemie afghan last night and will probably work on it some more today. I'm off work tomorrow so I will be cleaning and baking then. I also get to see my granddaughter at her horse riding lessons, I haven't been able to go before because of my work schedule. Ok, enough rambling for now, I'll try to stop in again tonight. Have a great day.

Im keeping the decorations down this year, won't have a tree, as the cats love to perch in it, so will put some other things around, very un-cluttered but decorated type of look this year, a few poinsettas in a vase, a sitting santa on the shelf, a snowman on the other shelf, a few bulbs in a bright bowl, some candles, you know, that sort of understated celebration look, lol 

I do it different every year,  all depends on what I feel like getting out, and then having to put away again, ha ha........

and keep it out of kitty cats reaches too........ :waving

had something to say and seems I have promptly forgotten what it was......darn it!

Oh, got it , do you all use the feature Read Last Post, when cruising our  forum??? just a question, I do, that way i don't miss anything..........just asking.......... 

Morning...but not good! Well Lucky is good, after he got his land legs back after picking him up at 4:30. However he does not like the Cone of Shame but he must wear it since he is a chewer! He wimpered in his crate ALL nite, finally at 1 AM I took him out to a puppy pad to see if he needed to go but he didn't. As soon as the cone comes off, he is fine. Sigh....I absolutely got not one second of sleep! ARGH!

Okay enough complaining! Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I have a ton to be thankful for! Kiddles first of all, and Lucky even though he is a scamp, thankful I have a job and a roof over my head and that I have a few good cyber friends like you guys.....

Regarding the person leaving the group due to no one talking to her.....I understand if she felt that way but yes, I think if we look at each and every post, people do answer and try to include everyone. It's hard on days when there are 20 new posts, I only get on usually once a day, in the morning. I feel our group has become more social and not so much square exchanges, which I think is fine. Every group changes and molds into something the group prefers.......just my two cents. I can't send squares right now but love reading about your lives!

Gotta get ready for work!

kuddles

had something to say and seems I have promptly forgotten what it was......darn it!

Oh, got it , do you all use the feature Read Last Post, when cruising our  forum??? just a question, I do, that way i don't miss anything..........just asking.......... 

I don't know how to use the read last post. Never knew such a thing. I just cruise a long . LOL

That's sad she left. I'm sure no one meant any harm and I don't always get my post answered but I'm not leaving you all. Hopefully she will come back. Maybe she was feeling some type of way.

Didn't know there was a read last post thing. I just go to content i follow and go from there....

well i havent been on for a few days and didnt wanna go through all the chatting going on since my last visit.  So I wish everyone well. You are all in my prayers for the holiday seasons. 

Been very busy with the baby and all. We did finally get her last night without her mother. Praise God.  But the ..... Woman (used lossely) did text my husband the other day and asked if it would be ok if the two of them discussed things about Charlotte instead of her talking to me because she didnt want Charlotte growing up thinking there had to be a middleman between them. She wanted Charlotte to feel like she had two parents in love with there child and not be confused by haveing a middleman.........

Talk about this mama hitting the roof..............  She texts Troy about Charlotte all the time. not like they dont talk and all messages have to go through me. But I didnt see the point in me haveing to text troy to text her something she needs to know.  And how is an 18 month old going to be confused by any of that. and how is she going to feel unloved over it?  (now i am confused).    

I keep telling the Lord he needs to do something before I have to set my christianity down for a littlebit and take care of her myself.   Funny a few days before this she was telling me she was glad there wasnt any animosity between me and her and she wanted us to be able to be friendly for Charlottes sake... UM HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On a brighter note we get Miss Charlotte for thanksgiving tomorrow. and she gets to go to church with us tonight. 

I sure hope both of your hands fingers are feeling better and continue to heal well.

Good morning everyone!

Sure glad Lucky is doing good. Yes the poor cone thing makes them wine. Diesel had to wear it and he looked so pathetic . I had Harlie in a metal crate but she busted through the top of it. No holding her in. She doesn't like thunderstorms when she is in the crate. If she's out and in my bed she is fine.

I don't know how to use the read last post. Never knew such a thing. I just cruise a long . LOL

That's sad she left. I'm sure no one meant any harm and I don't always get my post answered but I'm not leaving you all. Hopefully she will come back. Maybe she was feeling some type of way.

If it is who I am thinking I know she asked a question and I answered and then she asked again cause she didnt think anyone saw it  and again someone eles answered her and then when she found the answer she posted that she found it on her own

Oh dragonlady that is wonderful. Just keep your cool even as hard as it is. She is just trying to play you all. Maybe she figures she can get you guys fighting or something and get him back. You just never know with these type of women. You are doing good and think of the blessing when you get Miss Charlotte. You can do it!

Unfortunately some need to be center of attention and they don't get it their not happy. I try my best to talk to everyone. If I don't it doesn't mean anything. I think we all just jump in where we see fit and talk when we are ready. Sometimes alls I have time for is to read and run and will come back later to answer if I don't forget.LOL

Archived