Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi All!

Kuddles, glad your side isn't bothering you too bad.  And so happy for Lucky being free of the cone, lol.

dragnlady, fantastic sock!  I made granny Christmas stockings for my boys and their familes a few years ago.  Well, let me tell you, those things hold a LOT of goodies!  Poor santa is broke after filling them, lol. 

There are elfs at both of my sons houses.  They really keep the little ones on their toes this time of year, lol.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ya Lacey!! Long time passed since we heard from you, glad you posted!! We tend to worry if we don't you know. lol That is such a cute thing you have going with the moussey,,,lol I had to laugh at the elf and the mouse's adventures!! Moussie must have been hungry!

Good Morning Everyone !

We dont have an Elf on the Shelf, but we do have The Christmas Mouse. He hasnt gotten into much mischief yet, lol but according to the kids "Moussie made a HUGE mess in the kitchen last night". There were open bags of marshmellows all over the counter, and all the cookies were gone. But he did leave them a gift under the tree. I really cute craft box with markers and crayons and stuff in it.

The funny thing is that moussie wasnt supposed to get blamed for the stuff on the counter. We went grocery shopping yesterday and I was cleaning out the cabinets and I forgot to put the stuff up. Oh well, whatever works right :)

Ha, and no batteries to buy, either!

We don't have an Elf, but I've gotta say, your mischief-making version sounds way more awesome than the spying NSA-operative version! :D

Gonna make the kids a stocking this year here is the first

09D8BE95-orig.jpg

Nice stocking dragnlady!!! boy, that is gonna hold lots of santa goodies in it!!

My daughter's family adopted 2 elfs this year and I adopted 1 for my classroom. My grandkids are have so much fun with theirs. I don't think my students really understand the idea behind the elf and some of them don't really care what the elf does, but my aides and I are having lots of fun. I'll have to check out your facebook page.

That is a very nice stocking.

Ha, how nice of you to do this for your kids, lol I bet even if they don't quite get it, they are having fun!

Hi! Great stocking! And thanks for all the well wishes! My side isn't hurting much now.....so was able to SEW!! Yup, got the outer portion of Mom's purse done! And did something new to me....rivets! Woot! I did it!

I also was able to go to the tire place and get the screw out of my one tire and repaired. It had a slow leak and I'm driving down to my mom's a few days at the holiday and it is 3 hours one way so need it in good working order!

Speaking of my mom.....and the weather....she is 'stuck' in Branson Missouri! Went with a group down for the week, saw a bunch of shows and was to start out this morning. I was a wreck! Was emailing my SIL for news and finally she called to say it is so bad, they are staying another nite and supposed to leave in the morning. So if you are so inclined and want to say a prayer for her, I'd really appreciate it! She's the only mom I've got....and my only parent! Thanks!

Sounds like Tingle is a little devil instead of an elf!

Well, gotta go get Kiddles out of the shower......she is in there singing and 'wasting' water......LOL

Have a good nite all!

Hugs!!

kuddles

Kiddles??? A water waster???? ha ha ha,,,,,glad you are feeling more up to normal now, and whatever you did to pull whatever it was you pulled, don't do it again, lol

Dragnlady5:  Love the stocking!!  You're kids are going to love them!!

kuddles:  Sending thoughts to your mom and SIL for a safe trip home.  

I did a whole lot of nothing but resting today.  I'm not sure if I told everyone, but I'm off work and recovering for surgery (for at least another week).  It was no big deal, really...it just was really painful.  I had an abscess that started last Sunday, and by Friday I was in the emergency room.  They admitted me and did the surgery Saturday, and I was able to come home on Sunday.  They're making me stay home for so long because the wound is completely open so it can continue to drain (totally gross).  I asked the doctor how to prevent this from happening again, and he said, "You can't.  It's just something that happens."  UGH!!!  So, today I rested because I was feeling really icky, coughing, and achy.  I hope I'm not getting sick on top of this!!  

Take care, Everyone and stay warm!!

oh poor thing, hope you feel better soon!!! and say, can anyone tell Jilliepop how to upload from her camera, to the thread here, I put my pics on my computer, and do it that way, but don't know how to get them off a camera, or facebook to do it... any help out there for jilliepop?????? I gave her a couple links on the help with board forum, but thought someone here, has got to have done that!! lol thanks in advance!

Hi All!

Kuddles, glad your side isn't bothering you too bad.  And so happy for Lucky being free of the cone, lol.

dragnlady, fantastic sock!  I made granny Christmas stockings for my boys and their familes a few years ago.  Well, let me tell you, those things hold a LOT of goodies!  Poor santa is broke after filling them, lol. 

There are elfs at both of my sons houses.  They really keep the little ones on their toes this time of year, lol.

Hi ANNIE!!! glad to see your post! HOpe all is going fairly smoothly for you these days!!

got a bit of my errands run today, finally found a decent pair of slippers for someone, and got me a pair, and bought a pair of shoes for handydan, for the upcoming nuptials of dear daughter, simple ceremony, but he can't go in work boots, lol or tennies!! and then, went grocery shopping,found out last night, daughter and soon hubby is coming for Christmas dinner, so got a hugmongous turkey breast special ordered,man I would have like to see the turkey that had that huge of a breast, lol but why pay for bone, and dark meat, none of us eat that, lol      

Then came home, feet hurt, legs hurt, lungs hurt, the aid was so frigid, it almost hurt to breathe it, I wrapped my face in a scarf, and ran into the stores quickly!

Then home again, got something to eat here, as i couldn't think of anything I wanted as fast food, and got out the goodies for the ladies and daughter whom will be newly married and back from her honeymood in New York by then, and will be joining me and the brunch bunch at Village Inn for our meeting this time, in celebration of the season!!

Im giving the girls a sashay scarf, some little stocking stuffer items, and some candy in thier gift bags and for daughter who already has several of my sashary scarves, I got two sets of very nice 7 piece towel sets, incuding 2 dishtowles, 2  dishcloth, 2 potholder, and 1mitt in each set, in a color and design to match her kitchen, instead of another scarf.and the best part, got 50 per cent off them, which i hadn't expected till i hit the check stand, so that was great!!  ha ha. I will assemble the gift bags, maybe tomorrow....too tired tonight.

and I have plenty of time, our brunch will be on the 19th...this month.

All in all, a great day, oh and I ordered handydan's coveralls, his old ones are so tacky looking, lol online today too! He's almost done, as far a gift wise, maybe a pair or two of jeans yet, oh, and his specialty tool he wanted, came early, so he has that already, lol

as for daughter, and new son in law,,,,,gift certs, and a few stocking stuffers whatever i find,  (perfume? aftershav?, jewlery for her? wallet?, watch? something for him,, and I always buy new battery op. toothbrushes for their stocking, and asst. other littler open me now items!)

so one or two more trips out, and Im done, for this year anyway, lol

well, time to go and straighten out my receipts and check balances of my bank account, which should by now, be fairly non existant!  lol    ok, well, all for right now, maybe Ill be back later, till then, stay warm, and dry, and safe!!!!!!

dragnlady5 I love that stocking. I want to make some to. Not this year but maybe in Jan. do you have a pattern? Is it hard to do?

I have a elf on the shelf. Didn't put it out yet this year. Well let's say I need to find it. LOL

JilliePop I hope you feel better ..

we broke the old record of 79 degrees set in 1998,it was 80 here today,tomorrow barely getting out of the 40's

yep,wonder why people are sick,we go from summer to winter in a days time, sheesh

Hi, ladies!  Loving the eye candy and the links.  Lucky's finally free of his cone, poor Kuddles had an ouchie, immafreek and pat54 checked in!  Welcome, Jilliepop!  I know I'm missing stuff.  I didn't multiquote.  Oops!  Oh, I love the Elf in the Shelf stories and the mousie and friends.  I hope I can make an elf this weekend so my sister can use it in her classroom for what's left of school before Christmas break.  Friends, I hope that wherever you are, you are all happy.  Times are tough.  Most of us are in quite a pickle.  But let's cheer all of us up and celebrate that we have such a great bunch here.  I'm grateful for the friends that crochet has brought into my life.

I'm off for a cup of hot tea.  This darn hacking cough has given me a pounding headache and a sore chest.  I hope it's a residual cough from a cold I had and not a side-effect again of the blood pressure med.  I hate to have to get it switched.

I think I'll be posting pics tomorrow of what I've been working on.  I'm about to start on baby crocodile stitch booties.  Yay!

:hug

Maria

kuddles:  Sending thoughts to your mom and SIL for a safe trip home.  

Take care, Everyone and stay warm!!

Thanks for the good thoughts! Looks 'clear' in Branson today so hopefully all will go well!

Hi Ann honey! Thanks!

Kiddles??? A water waster???? ha ha ha,,,,,glad you are feeling more up to normal now, and whatever you did to pull whatever it was you pulled, don't do it again, lol

Kiddles is a girl.....so I expect she will waste lots of things as she gets older! Thanks - my side is almost back to normal....but I'll keep taking it a bit easy on myself....well as much as I can!

I'm off for a cup of hot tea.  This darn hacking cough has given me a pounding headache and a sore chest.  I hope it's a residual cough from a cold I had and not a side-effect again of the blood pressure med.  I hate to have to get it switched.

I think I'll be posting pics tomorrow of what I've been working on.  I'm about to start on baby crocodile stitch booties.  Yay!

:hug

Maria

Hi!! Sorry to hear of the cough! Hope you feel better soon! I for one will be anxious to see the pictures!

Well today, Kiddles and I will be going to the mall to walk.....in the single digits out there right now and won't get up above 20 today! BRRRRR!! Then our Target run then over to the local school where they are doing Secret Santa.....meaning I give Kiddles $10 and she goes by herself to pick out gifts for me, grandma, etc. Little $1 items that she will wrap and 'surprise' us with. Then back home to stay for the rest of the day! Too cold! Even in the condo....brrrrrr!!

Hope everyone gets to feeling better, stays warm and has a great day!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone!

It's going to be a busy day. I have rehearsal for the children's Christmas program this morning, the program is tomorrow. Then my granddaughter and I are going for a quick girls only lunch before we head back to church for a baby shower. SOmewhere in the middle of all this I have to meet with another lady at church about sprucing up some banners I made several years ago and that they plan to use again next Sunday for a Christmas program. Then I'll be coming home to work on the banners. Just typing it is making me tired :lol . Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning everyone!

Here we are going to try to get family picture taken today. Wish me lots of luck.

Going to daughters 3 d ultra sound . So we are excited about that.

we seem to have broken a record too pineknott, the other way, was -4 this am!    brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hey everyone I heard from Estee, and she said she would check in the thread but life has been busy, but she said to tell you all hello, and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!! yay, another MIA heard from!!

it's only like 1 out now, so will put off my errands till a bit later, maybe it will warm up by noon, to like 4 or so, lol

So, till then, Ill put on my fav. youtube christmas songs,

lots of favorites, put this on, turn your speakers up full, and enjoy!!

oh poor thing, hope you feel better soon!!! and say, can anyone tell Jilliepop how to upload from her camera, to the thread here, I put my pics on my computer, and do it that way, but don't know how to get them off a camera, or facebook to do it... any help out there for jilliepop?????? I gave her a couple links on the help with board forum, but thought someone here, has got to have done that!! lol thanks in advance!

I have snap bucket App on my phone I can take pictures with it and it loads it to my photobucket then I can sign on my computer and copy and paste the IMG link to a post in here. Can also load pictures from your phone, facebook, or your computer to your photobucket.  Photobucket is the easiest way to post a picture in a forum.

dragnlady5 I love that stocking. I want to make some to. Not this year but maybe in Jan. do you have a pattern? Is it hard to do?

I have a elf on the shelf. Didn't put it out yet this year. Well let's say I need to find it. LOL

JilliePop I hope you feel better ..

It is a red heart pattern. Very easy. plus I modified it a bit. I omited the top ruffle and added the name to the cuff

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2634.pdf

Hi, Everyone!!

As I was looking through my stash, I can across (3) 8 in. grannies that I did a while back for a baby afghan. They are done in ww ILTY, not baby yarn. Each one has a monkey face crocheted into it, and the muzzle and ears are 3D. Two have a light blue background, one has a light green background, and both are framed in a cranberry color. I wasn't sure who might like them for their ghan, so I'm offering them up here. I'll send one each to the first 3 people who pm me. The first one to pm me gets their color choice, and then I'll go from there since there's only 1 green and 2 blue. Here's the pics...

post-69244-0-04225600-1386454611_thumb.jpg

post-69244-0-68030600-1386455026_thumb.jpg

post-69244-0-33062700-1386455174_thumb.jpg

Hi, Everyone!

The green one has been claimed, but the two blue ones are still offered to the next two people who pm me.

Stay warm friends...it's suppose to snow and ice here tonight and all day tomorrow. I'll be sitting in "my spot", crocheting squares for the group and snowflake ornaments for my students, drinking tea, and watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

wow, those are the cutest little things!! I am tempted to say me me me, but Im not even collecting squares at the moment, lol but how cute are they! Thanks for being so generous with us!! I would think anyone collecting 8 inch would simply devour these as soon as they saw them on here, they are just too cute!!   and ah, she figured it out, cause we have eye candy to look at!! Smart girl!

it's just plain cold here squares, time to stay in, and crochet a bit!!!!!! I should make a couple more sashay scarves, thought of two neighbors I should thank that way, lol who knows, they usually whip up fast, so have some time before xmas to get them done, ha ha, i Graduated from the School of Procrastination apparently, with flying colors!!

went out for a bit today, out of some paper goods, and so went up to the dollar general, I usually buy paper towels, kleenex, and foam plates that I feed the pets on there, cheaper, and faster than going through the long grocery store lines, if you only need a couple things...

Didn't get as cold as I did yesterday venturing out, and the car didn't seem to take as long to get warm air coming out as yesterday, so an improvement, albeit a slight one, lol We'll take what we can around here this cold snap season! Hope this isn't a sample of the rest of the winter though!! Can't believe i just typed that, of course it is, it isn't officially even WINTER yet, duh!!!!!!

well, im off to see what I can see that will inspire me to make something from my yarn!! The hooks await! till later.......... :yarn  :candycane

Thanks for the good thoughts! Looks 'clear' in Branson today so hopefully all will go well!

Hi Ann honey! Thanks!

Kiddles is a girl.....so I expect she will waste lots of things as she gets older! Thanks - my side is almost back to normal....but I'll keep taking it a bit easy on myself....well as much as I can!  This is so true!

Hi!! Sorry to hear of the cough! Hope you feel better soon! I for one will be anxious to see the pictures!

Well today, Kiddles and I will be going to the mall to walk.....in the single digits out there right now and won't get up above 20 today! BRRRRR!! Then our Target run then over to the local school where they are doing Secret Santa.....meaning I give Kiddles $10 and she goes by herself to pick out gifts for me, grandma, etc. Little $1 items that she will wrap and 'surprise' us with. Then back home to stay for the rest of the day! Too cold! Even in the condo....brrrrrr!! I remember secret santas, and actually they had some cute little things!!

Hope everyone gets to feeling better, stays warm and has a great day!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone!

It's going to be a busy day. I have rehearsal for the children's Christmas program this morning, the program is tomorrow. Then my granddaughter and I are going for a quick girls only lunch before we head back to church for a baby shower. SOmewhere in the middle of all this I have to meet with another lady at church about sprucing up some banners I made several years ago and that they plan to use again next Sunday for a Christmas program. Then I'll be coming home to work on the banners. Just typing it is making me tired :lol . Hope everyone has a great day.

You do keep busy carol!!!!

Feel better angel!!!!!!

Hi, Everyone!!As I was looking through my stash, I can across (3) 8 in. grannies that I did a while back for a baby afghan. They are done in ww ILTY, not baby yarn. Each one has a monkey face crocheted into it, and the muzzle and ears are 3D. Two have a light blue background, one has a light green background, and both are framed in a cranberry color. I wasn't sure who might like them for their ghan, so I'm offering them up here. I'll send one each to the first 3 people who pm me. The first one to pm me gets their color choice, and then I'll go from there since there's only 1 green and 2 blue. Here's the pics...attachicon.gif20131206_101753-5.jpgattachicon.gifunnamed-1.jpgattachicon.gifunnamed.jpg

I want to make this baby afghan. I want one for my daughters baby to come in blue. I sent a pm.

Then I want to make a queen size for baby's room. She loves monkey's....

I remember the Secrer Santa shop at school from when I was a girl, too. I always thought it was so neat to go! I was just thinking about that the other day, how funny....

I got my last square in the mail today! I think that makes... Oh heck, I'm going to have to go through my phone pictures and count. :lol But here it is, from one of our new members, mstabbies! (HA! Autocorrect doesn't know what to do with THAT one!) Love this colorway, too; what yarn is this?

Oh, and cute bonus artwork on the envelope, too! ^_^

post-62070-0-96884500-1386466254_thumb.jpg

Archived