Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thanks for the greetings, everyone!

Pineknott: My username came from my friend, Megan.  Since the first day we met, she's called me JilliePop.  Reidsville is about 45 mins. south of Danville, VA...nowhere near the coast.  It's a mess over there, isn't it?

To Dragonlady5:  I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles.  My heart goes out to you.  Trust me, I've been there and I know it's heavy on the heart when things pile up huge during the holidays.   :hug

oh about three hrs from here,been to Danville a number of times,the last time was to check out hobby lobby,thats the closest unless we wanted to go to Richmond,but think that one opened after the Danville one did.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, hello all... Hope and prayers to those that need a boost, and good for lucky, bet he WON"T miss it, lol

All is the same here, I have to go out tomorrow, get a few things done, but other than that, and hey, it's cold out!! lol

ANyone watching the sound of music with CarrieUnderwood.. I'ts ok, but the original of it is way better!

Gonna try to do some cookies tomorrow, got the fixings, just gotta put it all together Iguess... Cleaned and waxed woods today, tables, frames, anything that was wood got a dose of Liquid Gold, I love that stuff, puts such a nice shine on things.....

Tomorrow, can be windex day, lol mirrors, glass etc, will get it's turn to shine too...

All for now, back to the movie, everyone take care, stay warm, catch you a little latelr!

Hi, Everyone!

I have a quick question about the size of the squares.  So, I started making some squares tonight, and then I realized that I have never measured my squares in the past.  So, I started measuring as I went, and granny squares are *very* forgiving.  What I'm getting at is, how exact do the measurements have to be?  For example, I have a square that at one measurement was 5 1/2, but it was slightly rumpled, so I smoothed it out (not stretched) and it measured 6 inches.  See what I mean?  I don't want to make a bunch of wrong sized squares and have someone not be able to use them.  Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Oh good question!! I was always told to make it as close as possible to the size you need, then let it rest a while, and re meausre, and if it's still very close to the size you need, it's good!! from about a eighth to a quarter inch is probably good to go! so they say, thanks for asking that. Also, about washing and or blocking, I don't know anyone's preference on that, so I never wash first, and or block, just send as is, if they measure right! thanks Jillie!~

Hi, Everyone!

I have a quick question about the size of the squares.  So, I started making some squares tonight, and then I realized that I have never measured my squares in the past.  So, I started measuring as I went, and granny squares are *very* forgiving.  What I'm getting at is, how exact do the measurements have to be?  For example, I have a square that at one measurement was 5 1/2, but it was slightly rumpled, so I smoothed it out (not stretched) and it measured 6 inches.  See what I mean?  I don't want to make a bunch of wrong sized squares and have someone not be able to use them.  Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

No I didn't get a chance to watch it. Carrie Underwood is a wonderful singer but was way to busy getting stuff together and moved. I need to get this house done by next weekend so we can put up the tree and be ready for christmas. It's not the same without having a tree up. Trying to get my craft room up and running so I can make stuff for christmas gifts. Then need to unpack and find everything. So much work and so little time. It's been extremely hard and not a lot energy or help yet.

Morning! I will be at home today......I pulled something on my side (I've done it before in the same place!) and am having trouble moving around and it hurts! So I took today. Kiddles will be in school.....hope the Advil kicks in soon so I can do a few things, maybe sew on my mom's purse, finally!

Kiddles watched the REAL Sound of Music for the first time last weekend (borrowed from library) and loved it! We watched it twice, she wants to own it. Well......uh no. But she also wants to watch the new one when they repeat it. We'll see if they ever do at a time she can watch it.

Hope everyone has a good Friday! Oh and Lucky got off the cone yesterday when I got home from work. He is one happy puppy! He licked it furiously for a bit then calmed down and all is good. So glad for him!

Hugs,

kuddles

Hooray for Lucky and no cone anymore. I bet he is extremely happy.

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

I will be off to get the boys soon. I'm so excited for I haven't seen then for two weeks.

Yikes I need hugs and kisses from them.

Snowy icy roads this morning. Supposed to get worse as the day goes on. Kids are home. They canceld school yesterday for fear of the storm coming. so looks like we will be staying inside and trying to keep warm. 

Do any of you have an Elf on the Shelf? We got one last year. I love playing with this thing and finding new mischeif for him to get into. Although my oldest has threatend to pull Tingles stuffing out  so there shall be some revenge this year. lol. This morning he is sitting in the window sill looking at the snow. Yesterday he turned the thermostat all the way down trying to make it more like Home (north pole). 

Last year he played Godzilla through the Christmas village.

I have a facebook page for people to post the adventures of their elf.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/495067913849317/

You are doing very well sandra, getting more and more done, these things take time, but I think you are doing a terrific job of tackling one thing at a time, and then moving on to the next!!! It was an interesting movie, but not as good as the original, in my humble opinion, lol But I love Carrie in the roll!!

No I didn't get a chance to watch it. Carrie Underwood is a wonderful singer but was way to busy getting stuff together and moved. I need to get this house done by next weekend so we can put up the tree and be ready for christmas. It's not the same without having a tree up. Trying to get my craft room up and running so I can make stuff for christmas gifts. Then need to unpack and find everything. So much work and so little time. It's been extremely hard and not a lot energy or help yet.

Hi Linda, got a note into our queenie, and you should hear soon for her addy, if not, lemme know,!! thanks!!

just a quick pop in to say Hello and good morning

needing the queen's address,thanks

Morning! I will be at home today......I pulled something on my side (I've done it before in the same place!) and am having trouble moving around and it hurts! So I took today. Kiddles will be in school.....hope the Advil kicks in soon so I can do a few things, maybe sew on my mom's purse, finally!

Kiddles watched the REAL Sound of Music for the first time last weekend (borrowed from library) and loved it! We watched it twice, she wants to own it. Well......uh no. But she also wants to watch the new one when they repeat it. We'll see if they ever do at a time she can watch it.

Hope everyone has a good Friday! Oh and Lucky got off the cone yesterday when I got home from work. He is one happy puppy! He licked it furiously for a bit then calmed down and all is good. So glad for him!

Hugs,

kuddles

Ohhh  poor baby.... I do hope the advill starts to relieve some of the pain soon for you, poor thing, I bet it was hard to sleep too, poor thing, but y ou have today, rest and rehab says Dr. Katy!!

Good boy Lucky, cone free, and just when he thought he would never see another cone free day for the rest of his little life,,,,,,lol

Snowy icy roads this morning. Supposed to get worse as the day goes on. Kids are home. They canceld school yesterday for fear of the storm coming. so looks like we will be staying inside and trying to keep warm. 

Do any of you have an Elf on the Shelf? We got one last year. I love playing with this thing and finding new mischeif for him to get into. Although my oldest has threatend to pull Tingles stuffing out  so there shall be some revenge this year. lol. This morning he is sitting in the window sill looking at the snow. Yesterday he turned the thermostat all the way down trying to make it more like Home (north pole). 

This sounds quite interesting,,,,,,, will have to check that out, he he he, I love your story there, about the thermostat, he must be a mischievious little elf, eh? HO HO HO!!  and keep warm inside, that storm is something else!!!

Good Morning Everyone !

We dont have an Elf on the Shelf, but we do have The Christmas Mouse. He hasnt gotten into much mischief yet, lol but according to the kids "Moussie made a HUGE mess in the kitchen last night". There were open bags of marshmellows all over the counter, and all the cookies were gone. But he did leave them a gift under the tree. I really cute craft box with markers and crayons and stuff in it.

The funny thing is that moussie wasnt supposed to get blamed for the stuff on the counter. We went grocery shopping yesterday and I was cleaning out the cabinets and I forgot to put the stuff up. Oh well, whatever works right :)

We don't have an Elf, but I've gotta say, your mischief-making version sounds way more awesome than the spying NSA-operative version! :D

Do any of you have an Elf on the Shelf? We got one last year. I love playing with this thing and finding new mischeif for him to get into. Although my oldest has threatend to pull Tingles stuffing out so there shall be some revenge this year. lol. This morning he is sitting in the window sill looking at the snow. Yesterday he turned the thermostat all the way down trying to make it more like Home (north pole).

Good Morning Everyone !

We dont have an Elf on the Shelf, but we do have The Christmas Mouse. He hasnt gotten into much mischief yet, lol but according to the kids "Moussie made a HUGE mess in the kitchen last night". There were open bags of marshmellows all over the counter, and all the cookies were gone. But he did leave them a gift under the tree. I really cute craft box with markers and crayons and stuff in it.

The funny thing is that moussie wasnt supposed to get blamed for the stuff on the counter. We went grocery shopping yesterday and I was cleaning out the cabinets and I forgot to put the stuff up. Oh well, whatever works right :)

Feel fre to post pictures of Moussies adventures on the elf on the shelf facebook page

We don't have an Elf, but I've gotta say, your mischief-making version sounds way more awesome than the spying NSA-operative version! :D

LOL. Thank you. We try to post a picture of what Tingle is up to each day. Today he is be having and just sitting in the window watching it snow

My daughter's family adopted 2 elfs this year and I adopted 1 for my classroom. My grandkids are have so much fun with theirs. I don't think my students really understand the idea behind the elf and some of them don't really care what the elf does, but my aides and I are having lots of fun. I'll have to check out your facebook page.

Gonna make the kids a stocking this year here is the first

09D8BE95-orig.jpg

That is a very nice stocking.

Hi! Great stocking! And thanks for all the well wishes! My side isn't hurting much now.....so was able to SEW!! Yup, got the outer portion of Mom's purse done! And did something new to me....rivets! Woot! I did it!

I also was able to go to the tire place and get the screw out of my one tire and repaired. It had a slow leak and I'm driving down to my mom's a few days at the holiday and it is 3 hours one way so need it in good working order!

Speaking of my mom.....and the weather....she is 'stuck' in Branson Missouri! Went with a group down for the week, saw a bunch of shows and was to start out this morning. I was a wreck! Was emailing my SIL for news and finally she called to say it is so bad, they are staying another nite and supposed to leave in the morning. So if you are so inclined and want to say a prayer for her, I'd really appreciate it! She's the only mom I've got....and my only parent! Thanks!

Sounds like Tingle is a little devil instead of an elf!

Well, gotta go get Kiddles out of the shower......she is in there singing and 'wasting' water......LOL

Have a good nite all!

Hugs!!

kuddles

Dragnlady5:  Love the stocking!!  You're kids are going to love them!!

kuddles:  Sending thoughts to your mom and SIL for a safe trip home.  

I did a whole lot of nothing but resting today.  I'm not sure if I told everyone, but I'm off work and recovering for surgery (for at least another week).  It was no big deal, really...it just was really painful.  I had an abscess that started last Sunday, and by Friday I was in the emergency room.  They admitted me and did the surgery Saturday, and I was able to come home on Sunday.  They're making me stay home for so long because the wound is completely open so it can continue to drain (totally gross).  I asked the doctor how to prevent this from happening again, and he said, "You can't.  It's just something that happens."  UGH!!!  So, today I rested because I was feeling really icky, coughing, and achy.  I hope I'm not getting sick on top of this!!  

Take care, Everyone and stay warm!!

Archived