Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh, what a long day!  The food and company were good, though.  How were your celebrations?

here is my angel in a hat I made her

1460233_10151868857421406_159554259_n.jp

What a cute little baby!

Happy Thanksgiving if I don't manage to make it back tomorrow .

Happy Thanksgiving :)

ohhh, poor Linda!! did you reach your 50 hat goal?? or did that hand slow you down a bit?

What hat goal is this?  I don't think I've seen this before, though, granted, I've been MIA lately.

Hello everyone! No snow in our neck of the woods, but it is COLD! Okay, if you live in places with real winters, our cold is not your cold, but, for Southern girls, 26-30 degrees is cold!

The sashay scarves continue to sell. I am amazed, but not gonna question it! I got the ordered yarn in, made up a bunch of the scarves, filled the orders I had and more and more sold. I have to order more yarn, because of course, people want ones that are sold out!

I am bit by bit working on some squares to send out. My scrap stash took a big hit last month with a challenge in one of the FB groups I am in, so I am having to work on getting certain colors back in stock..I know, it is so sad to have to shop for yarn! LOL

To all those celebrating tomorrow...Happy Thanksgiving! I'll check back soon, I promise!

Hi, Syrenity!  I think you joined recently.  Happy Thanksgiving to you too.  You may want to try shopping for yarn this weekend ;)

Hi everyone... it was me. I was the one who requested to leave because I could never see where anyone replied. I don't really know how to use this thing and am trying to learn. So, I apologize if I was wrong.. I didn't mean to start any trouble. So, I apologize. I would like to continue to be in the group exchange. I can't crochet super big projects at a time because of my arms... I have trouble with chronic pain due to a connective tissue disease the doctors say I have. But, doing squares are somewhat easy, fast and small and you can do so much with them. And I love the idea of exchanging and getting something from someone else and see their creativity. Anyway, if I haven't offended you all to the point of no return perhaps I can try again. I do apologize and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and to the lady who hurt or broke her arm I really hope you are ok. My elderly Mom broke her arm a couple years ago and it just broke my heart. She was left handed and broke her left arm, and she can't really use it the same now. So, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Anyway... I am sorry. Take care.

Hi, mstabbies, and welcome!  Wow, how many new members have we acquired?  Exciting!  No worries about the confusion.  This is a very sweet group.

Good Morning Everyone!  Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate!!!  Is anyone else having trouble with the multi-quote feature?  I click on them, but when I click on the last one and try to post my post is blank!  My memory is terrible, so I'll just have to wing it.  Please forgive me if I get some of you mixed up, lol.

Kuddles and pineknott, sorry to read about your hurt hands.  I hope they are feeling better so you can crochet!

Let's see, I believe we had two doggies going to the vet's for surgery this week too!  Poor babies, hope they are feeling better.  It's so sad to see them wearing the cones of shame. They like to chew too, right?  My former BIL use to have a black lab that used to love to eat the gross, dirty, oil soaked lug nuts on the ground of our auto salvage yard!  They never seemed to bother her and nothing we did would break her of the habit.  Luckily we had a fairly clean yard.  Our yellow lab was also a chewer.  when he was a pup of about 6 months (shortly after we adopted him) he chewed a hole almost completely thru my kitchen wall!  Good thing he was so cute, lol.

owlvamp, I'll be pm'ing you shortly for your new address.  I have a couple of hats for you.

drgnlady5, your little angel is adorable!  I love the hat you made her.  Keeping you in my prayers. (((hugs)))

syrenity, wtg on making/selling all those scarves!  I've made one of them and never want to work with that yarn again, lol.

Hi AngelRoseLite!, good to see you!  Hope you get your mojo back soon. Boy, your sister is going to be a young grandma.  That's nice in a way.  She still has the energy to keep up with the little one, lol.

mstabbies, I have no problem with you staying in the group, my goodness, I think we have all had a hard time at one time or another trying to figure out how to maneuver around this place.  I'm still having trouble since the move.  Also, I have lupus, so I understand chronic pain.  We love to socialize in here more than anything lately, so if you don't mind that, I say you are welcome in my eyes. I wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving also.

Ok folks, that about does me in for now.  I apologize if I've forgotten anyone.  It wasn't intentional.  You know I care about all of you.  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Please be careful if you are travelling. Hubby and I are home alone today.  Just a regular day.  We will celebrate with my boys on Saturday. I'm looking forward to that!  I get to see my grandkids! Woot!

Hi, grannyannie!  Wow, for not using multiquotes, you have great recall.  I would have promptly forgotten about which post belongs to whom, lol.  It's good to be back... slowly but surely.  I was able to stand most of the day and cook.  I couldn't even manage that a few short days ago.  I think I'll pay for it tomorrow, but at least I won't have to cook tomorrow. I'll post a picture of my pictures owl earflap beanie.  The colors are a little funky, but I'm getting at least a mo' back.  Soon I'll have the complete mojo.

Mstabbies. Glad you are back.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  :pilgrim  :ttalk

You too, dragnlady5!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Kiddles is sick so we will be home all day and eating pizza (from frozen) tonite! Woot! LOL

Hugs to all,

kuddles

Aww, poor Kiddles!  I hope she's better soon.  Enjoy your pizza, and Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

This is part 1 of my multiquoting.  Apparently I exceeded the allotted number of blocks, lol.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now part 2...

Quick greeting while we're still in phone range!  :D Hullo, all! Have a great day today! Special hugs to AngelRose and tabbies; so good to hear from you! Glad you're getting your mojo back!  :)  :yay (let's see if that one's a smiley, hey?)

Yep, it sure was a smiley!  Thank you very much, Viking.  I have so many things I need to finish that I end up doing nothing at all.  Oops!  This weekend is the perfect time to scratch some off my list.  First on the list:  Buy more yarn!  Whoo-hoo!  I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your lovely family.

I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving! I spent the afternoon at my aunt and uncle's (on my mom's side) and ate some delicious food! I'm resting up because for the first time ever, I'm doing a little middle-of-the-night Black Friday shopping with my sister.  :)

Have fun while shopping; may you get great deals and find all you want and enjoy it all.  Be safe.  Happy Thanksgiving!

HIII maria!! Good to see your post, just stick with us kid, we'll get ya back on track!  :yes

Thanks, Katie!  I am very happy to be back.  Happy Thanksgiving :hug

yawning now the cats are both snoozing full little tummies of turkey, and dreams of more tomorrow, lol They do love turkey.....and the doggie gets her share too, question for you all, what do you like best, white meat or dark meat,,,,We're white meat eaters here, usually just get the turkey breasts, but on Thanksgiving, we get the whole turkey, so the pets can have some dark meat too!! it doesn't go to waste, lol

I love the dark meat, but now that I have enjoyed the benefits of a brined turkey, I am a fan of the white meat too.  If it's juicy, I'm all for it.  I'll always reach out for the dark meat first, though, lol.

It's almost midnight here.  My body is trying to get me to get some rest.  I think I'll oblige just this once. Good night, wonderful ladies.

O my goodness you all have been chatting up a storm. I got so caught in the holiday I haven't been on the computer for 2 days. I know I'm not going to remember everything so I apologize now for not responding to everyone. Dragonlady5, your little angel is adorable, glad she was able to spend the holiday with you. I hope everyone with injuries are feeling better along with the doggies that were having some issues. Thanksgiving here was wonderful and today we start Christmas preparations, my daughter and grandkids will be over later to help decorate the tree. I can't wait to see who the December Queen will be. Ok, I need to catch up on some other things around the Ville and then get busy pulling out Christmas boxes. Talk to you all later.

Linda, I’m so glad that your hand is doing better.  Funny that you are left handed but crochet with your right!  I am right handed, but do many things with my left, lol!

Kuddles, oh my, Kiddles is sick again!  I sure hope she is feeling better soon!  (((hugs)))

Hi Katy!,  I don’t know about being perky yesterday, lol  I spent most of the day sleeping, lol.  Guess you just caught me in a good mood, lol!

Maria, so happy that you are getting some of your mojo back!  It may just be “mo” right now, but you’ll have the “jo” back soon too, lol!  It’s wonderful that you were able to stand to cook yesterday too.  Just remember to take it easy today.  Maybe rest and put some heat on your back for 20 minutes or so.  That always helps me a bit.  Looking forward to seeing your pics of the owl earflap beanie you made!

Cshort, have fun decorating the tree and decorating for Christmas!  Sounds like a lot of fun having family over to help.  We haven’t done any decorating in a couple of years since it’s just the two of us and we go to one of my boy’s houses for the holiday, so nobody sees the house anyway.  I take that back, we hang the Christmas cards up as they come in, lol!  Our house does look rather sad, but I don’t have the energy/strength and hubby doesn’t have the energy to get up to the attic.  Maybe I’ll crochet something this year to put out. 

Is anyone else besides mandymae braving the stores today?  I’m staying nice and warm in my cozy little house and FAR, FAR away from the craziness, lol!  One of my DIL’s goes every year and does just about all her Christmas shopping.  She saves a bundle!  She’s young, she can handle it, lol.  I used to love to shop, but now crowds scare me.  I’ll shop from the comfort of my livingroom, nice and cozy in my pj’s, lol.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Good morning! Whew, so much to read to catch up so I just skimmed! Thanks to all that said for Kiddles to feel better!

She does....somewhat. Just the lingering cough now. Since we never went out yesterday, we will go out later once the crowds have died down, and take a walk in the mall. Then I need to pick up a few things......then back home so she can rest some more!

I 'cleaned' off my old old laptop and gave it to her to use for a few games I got at the thrift store for her. Disabled the wi fi, etc. So just for the games. She told me I was the best mom ever for doing that! She is feeling very grown up to have it!

Well, better go! Kiddles is playing a bit too rough with Lucky who of course is still wearing the cone of shame. He doesn't seem to mind it too much....but he has to wear it for another full week! His incision is looking very good though!

Take care all!

kuddles

Hey All!  Sorry haven't been around lately, a lot has been going on.  Tried to post Tuesday evening, but it seems like it didn't post.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and for those that braved "Black Thursday/Friday", I feel for you!  No way would I go out there and want to experience that!  Did it last year on Thanksgiving evening to Walmart, I don't ever want to do that again!  A lot seems to have changed up in here, I can't even remember the last time I have been here in the group.  But welcome to all that are new, congrats to all the queens, sorry for anyone that is/has been sick!  Take care all!

mstabbies it's okay and we all want you to just jump right in. None of us mean to hurt anyone's feelings. You have something to say just jump right in . I usually don't put names down (for I tend to forget and have to go back and look):) but I don't mean to but I have sometimers as my son says.LOL not good with names. So don't worry and just relax and have fun. You will love it here as I do. I love the square you sent me. I would love to make squares but with moving I'm so tight on funds and helping the charity's .... But I love doing it and they need it so I will continue even if I'm poor.

Happy Thanksgiving to you to my dear.

All is well.

Well, my multi quote thing is still not working and I can't remember who I was responding to, lol, so I'll just say I hope everyone had a good day!

Oooohhhh yeah, I remember! It was Kuddles, lol! I was gonna say I'm glad Kiddle's feeling some better and that it's a great idea to give her your old computer.  She'll be a wiz at it by the time she really needs it, lol.

Also, it's great to hear from Lisa (snowflake5165). 

That's it for tonight.  Time to get back to my blanket!  See you tomorrow!

my oh my, can't even think of catching up on all of your comments, lol. Kiddles is better, good, SNowflake is back, YAY, missed you girlie!    Ann, you are always so optimistic, we all look forward to reading your posts, cshort, angelroselite, owlvamp, viking, oh viking, do you hae the crown out for cleaning, our new queen comes in this weekend, and will make it her own!! happy and sad, huh!!

THAT BABY IS ADORABLE!!

what else, oh I forget already, lol. Pineknott's hand, getting better?? and what abuot the doggies, and the other hand ouchie, and oh gosh, I forget whom that was now........man, I am losing it. lol 

Looking forward to the new queen, and viking's exit speech, lol she is always so good at words!!!

What else, might venture out tomorrow but stayed away from all stores yesterday and today!

Tired now, feels like I accomplished so much in the last few days, and now it is time to wind down, and relax!!!

take care all, and to all, a good weekend!!!!!!!!

great on the scarves too Syrenity, sheesh, aren't they gorgeous color combos, I love that sashay yarn,have you tried starbella, or flamengo, I loved those too!!!!!!!

I wore the scarf bgs made for me, several times in the last few days, and loved it, thanks again Bgs, you'da best!

I am so glad you like it!

well Thanksgiving went well. Baby Girl got to spend the night with us her mom picked her up at 9 am. we had he back at 1:30 that after noon untill 10 pm. and we get her back about 130 today and she stays all night again. 

Hubby is in the kitchen making me coffee and frying some ham for breakfast.

Been alot of chatter.

The queen should have gotten her package from me yesterday.....

Bless u all.

Well it is Saturday, good morning to all!

Kiddles is pretty over her cold, just a bit of a cough now and then. Lucky is playing with his new ball I got him yesterday, he loves it, just the right size and the cone doesn't hinder his playing with it.

We are going to go to the mall to walk this morning, unless it is crazy full! It will be 43 today so will take Lucky out for a little walk. Got him a new fleece 'coat' yesterday (20 buck value, got it for 5!) and he is very handsome in it!

Hope you all feel good today, and have a great one!

kuddles

Good Morning All.

I'm with those of you who didn't brave the stores. I'm not fond of shopping on a slow day forget black friday, I've worked retail during the hokidays before too and it's crazy.

I've been up for awhile  and have almost finished the first of 4 baby rompers I'm sewing for a shower gift next Saturday. Not much else going on here.

Glad to hear kiddles is feeling better and everyones hands are healing.

Can't wait to find out who our new Queen is. Do we get any hints?

Have a great day everyone.

Missed you too Katy!!!!  Can ya add me back to the list?  I hadn't been working for 5 weeks so haven't been able to much of anything.  I got a job two weeks ago (Yeah God!).  I also had to move again, and please don't feel sorry for me! LOL.  I actually live in the shelter!  I didn't want to do it, but God had a different plan for me.  I have been there about 4 weeks now or so, and while it is not particulary nice sharing a room with other women, I teach a Bible Study on Friday evenings and bring people from there to church.  So, I am fulfilling God's purpose for my being there!  Started back to crocheting just this last weekend since I have a 4 day weekend!  So, like I said, lots going on.  It is freezing here (in the 30's and 20's at night).  Thankfully by midweek it is going to be back up in the 70's and 80's during the day!  We all are excited for the warm weather to be back!!!!

Take care all and be blessed!

Good morning everyone!

Just doing dishes , washing laundry and folding it. And have girls get more stuff upstairs . Need to get the den cleaned out so we can set up the christmas tree. Going to eat breakfast and get started.

What are you all doing?

Kuddles happy kiddles is doing better and Lucky too.

Snowflake I hope you are doing okay. My ex daughter in law lives in a shelter for a while. I know it can be a pain and I hope sometime soon you find your own little place. But as long as you are happy, fed and well and dry I am happy. I really do hope and pray you are okay. :)

Good evening.

I promised I would post pics of my grandkids Christmas outfits when I finished them so here they are.

post-4459-0-74710100-1385859410_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-91305300-1385859612_thumb.jpg

My granddaughter also requested that I make Christmas pajamas for her and her brother.

post-4459-0-80750700-1385860118_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-58000100-1385859967_thumb.jpg

The kids helped pick out the fabrics.

first of all, cshort, those are so beautiful, i love the pjs too, you are such a whiz at sewing I truely admire your talent!!! love um...

I am so glad you like it!

Bgs, yeah, I couldn't hardly wait till it got chlly enough to wear it, but it did, and i did, and have had lot of compiliments on it too, you are truly Scarf Queen, lol

well Thanksgiving went well. Baby Girl got to spend the night with us her mom picked her up at 9 am. we had he back at 1:30 that after noon untill 10 pm. and we get her back about 130 today and she stays all night again. 

Hubby is in the kitchen making me coffee and frying some ham for breakfast.

Been alot of chatter.

The queen should have gotten her package from me yesterday.....

Bless u all.

Wow, puffys for the queen, on her last day too!! and so so glad you and baby girl, who is adorable by the way, got to all spend some time together!! You are truly blessed...

Well it is Saturday, good morning to all!

Kiddles is pretty over her cold, just a bit of a cough now and then. Lucky is playing with his new ball I got him yesterday, he loves it, just the right size and the cone doesn't hinder his playing with it.

We are going to go to the mall to walk this morning, unless it is crazy full! It will be 43 today so will take Lucky out for a little walk. Got him a new fleece 'coat' yesterday (20 buck value, got it for 5!) and he is very handsome in it!

Hope you all feel good today, and have a great one!

kuddles

Glad that kiddles is better, and can't we see a pic of lucky in his pretty jacket, well, once the cone gets off anyway, lol      

Good Morning All.

I'm with those of you who didn't brave the stores. I'm not fond of shopping on a slow day forget black friday, I've worked retail during the hokidays before too and it's crazy.

I've been up for awhile  and have almost finished the first of 4 baby rompers I'm sewing for a shower gift next Saturday. Not much else going on here.

Glad to hear kiddles is feeling better and everyones hands are healing.

Can't wait to find out who our new Queen is. Do we get any hints?

Have a great day everyone.

Yes, here is the hint dearie, lol new queen likes squares, and likes them to be any shade of purple, and in 3 6 or 12 inch please ww, or double strand dk......there ya go........get started! lol

Missed you too Katy!!!!  Can ya add me back to the list?  I hadn't been working for 5 weeks so haven't been able to much of anything.  I got a job two weeks ago (Yeah God!).  I also had to move again, and please don't feel sorry for me! LOL.  I actually live in the shelter!  I didn't want to do it, but God had a different plan for me.  I have been there about 4 weeks now or so, and while it is not particulary nice sharing a room with other women, I teach a Bible Study on Friday evenings and bring people from there to church.  So, I am fulfilling God's purpose for my being there!  Started back to crocheting just this last weekend since I have a 4 day weekend!  So, like I said, lots going on.  It is freezing here (in the 30's and 20's at night).  Thankfully by midweek it is going to be back up in the 70's and 80's during the day!  We all are excited for the warm weather to be back!!!!

Take care all and be blessed!

oh snowflake Im with kuddles, you are a brave and strong woman!! I would be pleased to put y ou back on the list darlin, can I get your preferences pretty please one more time, thank you and welcome back, you were missed!!!!!!

Vikingrunnergirl, if y ou please......it is time for you to relinguish the crown to our new queen for the month of Dec.........

are you all ready........

It is, one of our angels ,      Angelroselite!!!!!! Congratz maria!!! I hope your reign is long and prosperous, and you get tons of those 3, 6, and 12  inch squares in shades of Purple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the pledging begin!!! I open the pledging a bit premature, but anyway, I open the pledging with at least 4 squares, dont' know what size yet, have to check my purple yarns???????

Eeeeeee, Maria!! That works out beautifully then; the silly cleaners knocked quite a few of the stones out of their settings when I had the crown in (ya just can't get good help these days), so I took it out to the workshop and reset it with amethyst. What can I say? It's what I had on hand. :D

It has been a lovely month and I will be sad to see the crown pass on.... Ah, but such a deserving brow for it to land on!

I did indeed receive dragnlady's package while we were away! Two lovely squares that put me in mind of a Celtic cross/stained glass window. This puts me at 14 received this month, with one or two more on the way, I believe. I don't know *when* I'm going to have time to assemble them, but I am going to have to try layouts a bit tomorrow; I just have to see how they all look next to each other!

post-62070-0-98452500-1385870884_thumb.jpg

Archived