Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Vikingrunnergirl, if y ou please......it is time for you to relinguish the crown to our new queen for the month of Dec.........

are you all ready........

It is, one of our angels ,      Angelroselite!!!!!! Congratz maria!!! I hope your reign is long and prosperous, and you get tons of those 3, 6, and 12  inch squares in shades of Purple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachicon.gifcrown14.jpg

Let the pledging begin!!! I open the pledging a bit premature, but anyway, I open the pledging with at least 4 squares, dont' know what size yet, have to check my purple yarns???????

Oh, my, oh, my, oh, my!  It's that day already?  What a wonderful, magical month it's going to be!  Vikingrunnergirl has been a gracious queen.  That's a hard act to follow!  She will forever have a special place in our hearts.  I hope I am at least half as deserving during my reign.  The crown is breathtaking!  I am afraid to even wear it.  Viking has cared for it well.   My goals are to find a proper place for every single square, make a little girl happy with it, and memorialize them all by posting pictures for everyone's oooh-ing and aw-ing.  I can't think of anything else what with all the emotions and blurry vision!  I am humbled and honored for being chosen as this month's queen.  Thank you!

post-44469-0-13095200-1385871560_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maria, so happy that you are getting some of your mojo back!  It may just be “mo” right now, but you’ll have the “jo” back soon too, lol!  It’s wonderful that you were able to stand to cook yesterday too.  Just remember to take it easy today.  Maybe rest and put some heat on your back for 20 minutes or so.  That always helps me a bit.  Looking forward to seeing your pics of the owl earflap beanie you made!

Oh, I sure rested yesterday, so much so that I had a backache from all the resting!  LOL!  I just went for a prescription today in Los Angeles and came back home.  I have a slight fever, and I feel a tickle in my throat.  I'm trying very hard to convince myself that it's nothing, lol.

Missed you too Katy!!!!  Can ya add me back to the list?  I hadn't been working for 5 weeks so haven't been able to much of anything.  I got a job two weeks ago (Yeah God!).  I also had to move again, and please don't feel sorry for me! LOL.  I actually live in the shelter!  I didn't want to do it, but God had a different plan for me.  I have been there about 4 weeks now or so, and while it is not particulary nice sharing a room with other women, I teach a Bible Study on Friday evenings and bring people from there to church.  So, I am fulfilling God's purpose for my being there!  Started back to crocheting just this last weekend since I have a 4 day weekend!  So, like I said, lots going on.  It is freezing here (in the 30's and 20's at night).  Thankfully by midweek it is going to be back up in the 70's and 80's during the day!  We all are excited for the warm weather to be back!!!!

Take care all and be blessed!

Welcome back, snowflake!  It's great that we are all finally returning to the fold.

Good evening.

I promised I would post pics of my grandkids Christmas outfits when I finished them so here they are.

attachicon.gifChristmas outfit Nicole.jpg

attachicon.gifChristmas outfit Allan.jpg

My granddaughter also requested that I make Christmas pajamas for her and her brother.

attachicon.gifChristmas pajamas Nicole.jpg

attachicon.gifChristmas pajamas Allan.jpg

The kids helped pick out the fabrics.

cshort, you know, I'm up for adoption if you'd consider making them for adults ;)  You have so much talent!  Your grandkids are lucky kids.  Love it all!

Congratulations AngelRoseLite!

Thank you very much, owlvamp :hug

Eeeeeee, Maria!! That works out beautifully then; the silly cleaners knocked quite a few of the stones out of their settings when I had the crown in (ya just can't get good help these days), so I took it out to the workshop and reset it with amethyst. What can I say? It's what I had on hand. :D

It has been a lovely month and I will be sad to see the crown pass on.... Ah, but such a deserving brow for it to land on!

I did indeed receive dragnlady's package while we were away! Two lovely squares that put me in mind of a Celtic cross/stained glass window. This puts me at 14 received this month, with one or two more on the way, I believe. I don't know *when* I'm going to have time to assemble them, but I am going to have to try layouts a bit tomorrow; I just have to see how they all look next to each other!

They didn't!  You are so right:  Good help is hard to find.  I'm so glad you were able to get it squared away.  I love amethysts!  They're my birthstone after, ya see ;)  Thank you for everything!

Those are some great squares.  I hope you got enough to complete your afghan.  I'll send a couple sometime this week.  I'm taking advantage of the sales going on ;)

Hi everybody,

I'm still here. Katie, if I am not still on the list, please add me back to it.  I am still accepting squares. I have four and need many more.  Do you need my preferences again?

Rusty and I had a great Thanksgiving even though it was what I call "long distance".  My brother and his family live in Little Rock, Arkansas.  Mama moved out there this April so that leaves me in Georgia and I can't drive so the day before Thanksgiving, David (my brother) called me and asked me what I would like to eat forThanksgiving Dinner.  He said that he was going to contact Kertrina (the lady who cleans my house and runs errands for me) and he was going to ask her to bring me some Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving, but David said that he had forgotten what I liked and would I tell him some things that I would like to eat and I told him that I would. I said that I wanted turkey (light meat), sweet potato souflee, lima beans, dressing, fried okra, garden salad and fruit salad and pumpkin pie.  David said that on Thnaksgiving Day, Kertrina would bring me Thanksgiving Dinner from the Steak House. This is a very popular restaurant here. They have a Thanksgiving buffet every yearand it is great.  Also, David said that he would call me on Thanksgiving and we would talk. Now on Thanksgiving Day, someone from the Steak House came to my door and brought me a great big sack and and I took it and I was seeing what was in it and Rusty jumped in my lap and was sniffing excitedly at it and I told him, "That's our dinner." I decided to go on and eat even though the dinner came at 10:45.  I reached in the sack and drew out a small container and I opened it and found fried okra in it. I love fried okra and I nibbled on that for awhile. Then I finished that and I opened another container and this was the apple and raisin salad which I also ate.  Rusty seemed interested in in, so I offered him some, but he didn't eat it.  After I ate the apple and raisin salad, I opened the sack and found a large container which I opened and this contained the rest of the dinner which was turkey and cornbread dressing, macaroni and cheese, greeen beans and cornbread (the flat kind).  Later on, David called me and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving and we talked awhile and then he gave the phone to Mama and we talked awhile and she mentioned that Sara, one of my neices was asking her a question and Mama asked me, "Would you like to speak to Sara sometime?" I said that I'd love the speak to Sara sometime and Mama said, "What about now?" and then she handed the phone to Sara and we talked awhile and then she gave the phone back to Mama and she and I talked some more and finally said "good-bye and Happy Thanksgiving" to each other. 

I have finished a blanket for Rusty and I started an afghan for myself last week.  Rusty loves his blankie.  He drags it around and then he lies on it and sometimes he takes it in his mouth and shakes it. 

Hi everyone, thank you all for welcoming me back. I read all your messages so, thank you to everyone. We had a wonderful thanksgiving and went to the community public park last night to see the tree lighting ceremonies, people were caroling, and there was a train ride through the park to see all of the lights but we're planning on doing that another night; as it lasts all through December. It was nice, just very VERY cold. However, my bad hips acted up... so I was in major pain walking back to the car. I didn't think about taking my chair, others did.. but my husband was able to find a bench for me to sit on for a bit. I cannot stand or walk for long periods of time. But anyway we managed. Queen Viking.... your square will be sent on tomorrow on Monday. I missed the post yesterday. Owl, glad you like the square I sent :) Okay everyone have a nice Sunday and I'll talk to you all soon. Hugs

Good morning all!

cshort - what lovely outfits! You are so talented!

Congrats to the new Square Queen!

Nice to hear from Rusty's Mom....and mstabbies, hope you feel better!

To the rest of you, big hugs!!!

Last day of my long weekend....finally going to try to start sewing my mother's new purse for her holiday gift - it's been cut out and sitting for I think 2 months! Just so much other stuff to do! Dang kids, they sure get in the way! LOL

Take care all!

kuddles

mstabbies that sounds awesome on the ceremonies of lights and the train ride would of been cool. Next time take yourself a thick blanket to stay warm. Sorry you are hurting and hope you feel better.

Good morning everyone! Hope your day goes wonderful.

Wow no one posted during the day. Wow!!

Well I visited daughters before going back to college. It's always sad when they have to go back. Not much longer in this semester ...

Need to get up and load dish washer and fold one load of laundry and get garbage out and maybe relax a little.

wow, the crown has passed to our new Queen Angel, thank you viking for your gracious reign, I had fun making your squares!!!

MsTabbies, glad you too had a nice holiday, and owlvamp too, in fact all of us, welcome back to you,msTabbies,  and to Rusty's mom as well, glad to see you are still collecting cause I have some in your size, pastels too!! Lovely squares viking, they do look celtic!!

Hi Kuddles, and co. lol hope all is back to normal health in your house, and is the cone of shame off poor doggie yet???

Ann, hope your celbration with sons went well!!

Who'd I miss, darn it, I always do that, lol      Well i will catch you all tomorrow, and for any I missed my apologies, lol, and hi, how ya doing??? Glad to see several MIA members posting, it's so nice to hear from you all!!!!!!

Does anyone belong to Skoggy's international crochet club, haven't seen a post from her in a long time, just wondering, I don't get to her forum too often either, so I can't complain, lol    

Boy have been busy, decorating the house for the holidays, im going for Quiet Elegance this year, as I don't want to get it alllll out, and have to put it alllll away, so only my favorite pieces are adorning the living and dining area, and I of course will put out the holiday pot holders, and towels, and hang a few of my fav things but other than that, not having a tree, the cats love to perch in them, with no regard to what they knock off and break, lol    you know cats, right.....

Its been said, everyone should have a dog to adore them, and a cat to ignore them!!! I do!!   and can testify to that!!

well, that is about it for tonight, gotta change up my bed linens tonight, and throw them in to wash tomorrow, and might vac the bedroom, I always sleep better in a sparkling clean room, and new sheets, lol  

take care, have a very calm and uneventful monday, to rest up from this long four day weekend everyone, owlvamp, you are a cleaning tornado!!!!! You inspire me, lol                               happy monday all,     see ya soon.

Hello everyone. It's been a busy day with church and the grandkids.

Thank you for all the compliments on the outfits, my grandkids loved them and are going to wear them for pictures tomorrow.

Congratulations Maria on being our new queen. I will pledge a least 2 squares but hope to make more.

It's back to work for me tomorrow. We have 3 weeks of school until Christmas break. It will be a busy 3 weeks so it should pass pretty quickly.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Good night all. Check in tomorrow.

Just put the dishes in the dishwasher and was making the list for baby shower.

My sister and the boys mom and I are throwing the baby shower . So I was getting ideas down .

Would it be okay to do a floating baby shower? Do you play games at a floating baby shower?

For food I am thinking about having chips/pretzels, chicken salad with ritz crackers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches(always a huge hit) veggie tray and fruit tray also meatballs in barbecue sauce. Along with bottle water and pop. So what do you think? Is that enough?

Any help would surely be appreciated.

sandra, don't forget the cake!! and what exactly is a floating baby shower please???

Pineknot, our cats crave their humans too, some aren't as good as the ones we both seem to have, I think it's in the way ya raise um, lol     

Cshort, the three weeks will fly!!!!!!!

the pledges are starting Queen Angelroselite!!!!!! :manyheart

I know Dec. is a bad month for everyone, busy wise I mean, and the mail will be 10 times slower, so I hoping that won't slow us down this month as subjects to the new queen. lol

Ohhhhhh Brenda, got a card today from you, and a darling pineapple ornament, thank you, it's hanging in the living room, just looks so darn cute, thank you so much!!

Kuddles, wore my owl fingerless gloves the other day too, the gal at the bank drive through window, oooohed and ahhhhed over them, lol,.. they are darling!

I haven't done anything today either.  I'm about to crochet for a bit before going to bed.  Thanks for the pledges!  I'll be happy with whatever comes my way, and I'll cherish it more knowing that December is a challenging time for everyone.  

Owlvamp, I've never heard of a floating baby shower either.  What is it?  It sounds interesting.  Is it on a boat?  ;)

Hello friends!

Back to work/school for us today! Not ready.....didn't get that much done! Hrmph!

Katie, the cone of shame won't be off till Wed-Friday of this week, depending on the way the area looks.

I wanted to sew yesterday on my mother's purse: that didn't happen.

I wanted to crochet yesterday: that didn't happen.

What happened yesterday? Don't remember! But it was nothing! LOL

Here is a pic of our cone boy....have a good day all!

kuddles

post-17419-0-70741500-1385986417_thumb.jpg

Kuddles, your puppy is adorable even with the cone of shame!

I hope everyone is recovering well from the holidays! I finally managed to get to bed at a reasonable hour (first time in weeks) and I feel fantastic. Let's hope this lasts through the workday!

Hi everybody,

I'm going to try checking in once a week from now on if I can.  Congratulation to our new Queen. I reviewed my preferences on the first page of this post to see if they have changed and they haven't, but I saw the info about the Biggest Square which I had forgotten about.  Glad I checked on my preferences because I learned something today. 

I am knitting an afghan using my stash yarns.  I started it late last week after I finished the pumpkin orange blanket that I knit for Rusty.  On the afghan that I am knitting from my stash yarn--I am knitting strips and when I am all finished with this, I am going to crochet the strips together. 

I am going to get breakfast when I leave here.  I am having hot cakes with lots of good syrup and some butter. Rusty loves them. (So do I.) I will give him a bite or two. Everybody have a nice day! 

The floating baby shower is where people come and go as they please. I figured if I did a three hour time frame people can pop in at there leisure and go when they are finished. Have you ever gone to a party where you are done after thirty minutes and it took hours well I thought if I did it floating then people could stay as long as they wanted.

Good morning all!

Thanks Mandy! He is a cutie!

Just an fyi, I'm offering a 10% discount in my etsy destash shop. Use the code facebook to get the 10%, $4 min and ends Dec 14th. Please do me a favor and pass this along to your friends.....I need to purge!

kuddles

Hi Everyone!  Sorry I haven't been around for a couple days.  I did indeed have a wonderful time at my son's house on Saturday.  It was wonderful seeing my sons and their wives, plus all the grandkids!!!  Unfortunately my stamina just isn't up to much visiting any more, so after an hour ride there, several hours visiting with 5 kids playing, lol and another hour ride home, I've been re-couping since then, lol.  Thank goodness I didn't have any drs appts scheduled until tomorrow.  I just couldnt have made them.  But, I'm almost back to my normal, whatever that is, lol.  I see our new queen has been named!  Congrats Maria!!!  I am going to commit to 2 squares, hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a couple more, but I don't want to promise that.  You know purple is my favorite color too!

Kuddles, so happy to hear that Kiddles is doing better. And great pic of your little boy.  He's so cute!

cshort, love the outfits!!!!

welcome back to those that have been away for a while!  It's nice to have you back!

Ok, time to pay some bills, blechhhh!  See you all soon!  (((hugs)))

Off to take daughter to the doctors. She's still not feeling well so it's time to go back. Her ear hurts and I don't want her swimming with that. So will see what doc says.

I know Dec. is a bad month for everyone, busy wise I mean, and the mail will be 10 times slower, so I hoping that won't slow us down this month as subjects to the new queen. lol

Ohhhhhh Brenda, got a card today from you, and a darling pineapple ornament, thank you, it's hanging in the living room, just looks so darn cute, thank you so much!!

Kuddles, wore my owl fingerless gloves the other day too, the gal at the bank drive through window, oooohed and ahhhhed over them, lol,.. they are darling!

I think Nov is actually worse for me.  Seems like there is so much going on and then trying to get things ready for the holidays.  I mailed Viking's package last Wed, hope she gets it soon.

Glad your card and ornament made it okay.

I haven't done anything today either.  I'm about to crochet for a bit before going to bed.  Thanks for the pledges!  I'll be happy with whatever comes my way, and I'll cherish it more knowing that December is a challenging time for everyone.  

Owlvamp, I've never heard of a floating baby shower either.  What is it?  It sounds interesting.  Is it on a boat?   ;)

I almost have a 12 incher ready and hope to get a package in the mail to you next week.

Hello friends!

Back to work/school for us today! Not ready.....didn't get that much done! Hrmph!

Katie, the cone of shame won't be off till Wed-Friday of this week, depending on the way the area looks.

I wanted to sew yesterday on my mother's purse: that didn't happen.

I wanted to crochet yesterday: that didn't happen.

What happened yesterday? Don't remember! But it was nothing! LOL

Here is a pic of our cone boy....have a good day all!

kuddles

It's always a good day when there are puppy pictures to look at.

Archived