Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi again all! Thanks for all the good thoughts and hugs.  They are greatly appreciated.  It's so wonderful/amazing/and (well kind of sad too), that  I have such a great group of friends here, people I've never met, but I know I can count on you to cheer me up.  Family and what I've always considered friends, not so much any more since I got sick.

Vicking, I'm so glad you got your squares and you like them!

Katie, thanks again for my squares.  They are fantastic!

cshort, hope you get to feeling better soon! :hug

Kuddles, good to hear that the replacement in your office is someone you like.  That makes things so much better.  Hugs to you and baby K.

Take care everyone.  I'll see ya tomorrow! :hook  :crocheting  :knit

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone,

Well my not feeling sick sickness has gotten worse. I still feel ok but the cough is worse and everyone kept telling me I sounded like a mouse today when I did manage to get sounds out of my mouth. I've decided to spend tonight and tomorrow sitting on the sofa crocheting and not talking so my voice will get better, it's hard to teach without it.

Grannyannie, I'm keeping you and your hubby in my prayers and sending hugs.

Kuddles, I want to see the hat too.

VikingRunnerGirl, those are beautiful squares.

Have a great evening everyone. 

You poor thing! Feel better honey!

I took pix of her hat and my hat so I'll try to post today. I took half a day today so I can come home (while kiddles is in school) and get some stuff done, mainly get buttons uploaded to my destash etsy page!

more pics on some varg. squares im working on...................eye candy...

Gorgeous!

Hi again all! Thanks for all the good thoughts and hugs.  They are greatly appreciated.  It's so wonderful/amazing/and (well kind of sad too), that  I have such a great group of friends here, people I've never met, but I know I can count on you to cheer me up.  Family and what I've always considered friends, not so much any more since I got sick.

Vicking, I'm so glad you got your squares and you like them!

Katie, thanks again for my squares.  They are fantastic!

cshort, hope you get to feeling better soon! :hug

Kuddles, good to hear that the replacement in your office is someone you like.  That makes things so much better.  Hugs to you and baby K.

Take care everyone.  I'll see ya tomorrow! :hook  :crocheting  :knit

Oh Ann honey.....we love you and you are wonderful! My best friend is someone I have never met in person and lives in FL but we 'talk' every few days and help each other through the tough times. I wouldn't give her up for a 'real' friend around here! I've been disappointed in the past and now am VERY choosey!  I am worth it!

So off to get myself and Kiddles ready. I am so happy it is a short day (I work a 7 hour days so half day ends at 11:30 for me).

Love and hugs all around!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone!

I slept an extra hour and then my bladder decided it was time to get up. I'm feeling about the same as yesterday. My voice is a little better but I'm still avoiding talking today. I'm working on a lapghan for a local nursing home so that will keep me busy the day.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

Good Morning Everyone!

I slept an extra hour and then my bladder decided it was time to get up. I'm feeling about the same as yesterday. My voice is a little better but I'm still avoiding talking today. I'm working on a lapghan for a local nursing home so that will keep me busy the day.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

Feel better!

Good morning all

cshort take good care of yourself

kuddles good to hear of your half day

lurkers Hi to you too,have a great Friday everyone and keep smiling

Thanks, I'm pretty happy about it!

kuddles

If anyone has an interest, I posted a bunch of ceramic buttons on my etsy destash page (see sig).

I have a boatload of ribbon that I'm going to post in the destash section here on the ville for cheap. Shipping may cost more than the ribbon! If you have interest in ribbon, shoot me a PM and I can give you a peek. Not sure when I can post.....

Oh and I have some purse hardware, D rings and grommets......

Sigh.....so much stuff! But I'm never going to use it or at least not soon so better to destash!

Hope you are all having a super day!

kuddles

so sorry carol you arent feeling well, i too still have that "virus" thing, and fighting the cough,but not as much......It hangs on a long time, least it has for me....

Kuddles, the hats are happy, fun and darling!!

Anyone else I missed, hi, and those MIA from the thread,hurry up and come on back to the fold, we need you!!

About it, resting day, today,tomorrow, errands,,,,,,lol  Michaels is on my schedule as well to use a coupon, 50 percent off any one item..........then sunday, got another one, 40 percent off,,,,,lol    Ill get one pounders by Caron no doubt!!

Tired, gonna med up with Musinex again tonight, and rest the voice.........I could almost sing in the car yesterday!!! lol

take care all!         We are the Champions My Friend.................

I wanted to thank you for the square and some fabric. I honestly can't remember who sent so I will say thank you on here and you can PM and I will thank you again.

I just got my wifi hooked up tonight. I been going crazy with out it. I have my kitchen almost unpacked. I need to have it all ready for Thanksgiving. Then need to get the den done for the christmas tree. So my work is cut out for me.

I wanted to thank you for the square and some fabric. I honestly can't remember who sent so I will say thank you on here and you can PM and I will thank you again.

I just got my wifi hooked up tonight. I been going crazy with out it. I have my kitchen almost unpacked. I need to have it all ready for Thanksgiving. Then need to get the den done for the christmas tree. So my work is cut out for me.

Wow, you have come long a long way on your recovery---a move and Thanksgiving.

Whew! So much! Get some rest!

kuddles

Hello, everyone.  My, it's been a while since I was last here.  There's too much to catch up on.  I hope everyone is well or improving from any maladies.  It has been a long time since I've had the motivation to crochet anything.  I wasn't really sleeping, not eating much.  I ended up in emergency early last week.  So now I'm on meds that just make me so tired all the time.  I think my energy level is slowly building back up.  I can't explain what it is that is wrong aside from my blood pressure having been dangerously high.  That's not even the reason I finally drove myself to the hospital, but it turns out they had me stay while they monitored me because I was supposedly at high risk of stroke or heart attack.  Funny how our body can confuse us sometimes.  My goal is to crochet something tonight.  I'm really sick and tired of this long stretch of not having any desire for anything.  

Happy Thanksgiving!  That's in case I don't visit here before then.  I promise to do my best to at least lurk :)

Hello, everyone.  My, it's been a while since I was last here.  There's too much to catch up on.  I hope everyone is well or improving from any maladies.  It has been a long time since I've had the motivation to crochet anything.  I wasn't really sleeping, not eating much.  I ended up in emergency early last week.  So now I'm on meds that just make me so tired all the time.  I think my energy level is slowly building back up.  I can't explain what it is that is wrong aside from my blood pressure having been dangerously high.  That's not even the reason I finally drove myself to the hospital, but it turns out they had me stay while they monitored me because I was supposedly at high risk of stroke or heart attack.  Funny how our body can confuse us sometimes.  My goal is to crochet something tonight.  I'm really sick and tired of this long stretch of not having any desire for anything.  

Happy Thanksgiving!  That's in case I don't visit here before then.  I promise to do my best to at least lurk :)

hope you are better soon

I had the same thing with high blood pressure 5 yrs ago,in the ER they kept saying do you feel like you are going to pass out

I didn't feel like I was about to pass out and never did.Its called the silent killer,and I didn't have a clue it was high,I had gone in cause I felt like something was in my eye.

Good to hear from you, Maria! I do hope you're feeling better soon. I've had those periods of "nothingness" and I'm never upset to leave them behind!

If anyone has an interest, I posted a bunch of ceramic buttons on my etsy destash page (see sig).

I have a boatload of ribbon that I'm going to post in the destash section here on the ville for cheap. Shipping may cost more than the ribbon! If you have interest in ribbon, shoot me a PM and I can give you a peek. Not sure when I can post.....

Oh and I have some purse hardware, D rings and grommets......

Sigh.....so much stuff! But I'm never going to use it or at least not soon so better to destash!

Hope you are all having a super day!

kuddles

Etsy link in sig no worky! :( And... and purse hardware! Grommets! D rings! Aaaaugh!

Not much to report here, really. We're having bedtime fights lately. He really doesn't want to go to sleep without us in the room, but I haven't gotten anything done in the evenings for ages because of it.... Ok, I've decided I'm going to *let* myself play Don't Starve once I've finished this post. Yes, I have a lot of projects to work on! But at the moment they're all feeling like work just because I'm feeling so much pressure to get them done (new winter pjs to replace too small ones, a Christmas present quilt that was *supposed* to be done for the first birthday... two years ago..., a wedding gift afghan - on December 4th; I haven't even *started* the crochet space shuttle I was going to do for another Christmas present. Though it's not like I don't have enough presents in my stash for him already, so I gueeeeess I could put that one on hold...  ;) ). I've had a hard week at work (I swear my company isn't going to have any lab people left in a year because we're all getting so fed up with how they're treating us - "big company mindset, but small company resources" as one of the guys said in our meeting yesterday) and instead of stressing myself out more I should just let myself sit back and do something that's pure fun with no "oh I should be doing this instead" guilt (which is what I was having trying to work on my rainbow-ghan just now).

Good morning all

cshort take good care of yourself

kuddles good to hear of your half day

lurkers Hi to you too,have a great Friday everyone and keep smiling

When I read this, I immediately heard Bugs Bunny in my head saying, "Remember, doc, keeeeeeep smiling!"

Hi Lilmama, ann, bgs, MARIA hi, and cshort, pineknott, carol, viking, and kuddles, and anyone else I have missed, my memory is only half mast these days, lol     

Maria, so sorry to hear of your not feeling well....Hope it all works out soon, and you start to be interested soon, we have all been there, but we missed you, and were hoping you were ok, thanks for the update...

Viking, and owlvamp, my oh my, such busy people,,,,,,I don't know if I could keep up with all of you!!

Kuddles, and kiddles, oh and lil lucky, lol hello, good morning, and glad you two are over your colds!!
feeling a bit blah today too not sick exactly, but the weather turned so cold, and windy, and well you know, blah blah blah!!

there is so little to interest me on the tube lately, was wondering about netflex, anyone have that, how does it work?? And how is it?? Just asking......well im off to get a shower, so will catch you in the morning sometime....I seldom get on in the morning anymore though, don't know why, just not awake enough I guess. lol      

Good to hear from you, Maria! I do hope you're feeling better soon. I've had those periods of "nothingness" and I'm never upset to leave them behind!

Etsy link in sig no worky! :( And... and purse hardware! Grommets! D rings! Aaaaugh!

Not much to report here, really. We're having bedtime fights lately. He really doesn't want to go to sleep without us in the room, but I haven't gotten anything done in the evenings for ages because of it.... Ok, I've decided I'm going to *let* myself play Don't Starve once I've finished this post. Yes, I have a lot of projects to work on! But at the moment they're all feeling like work just because I'm feeling so much pressure to get them done (new winter pjs to replace too small ones, a Christmas present quilt that was *supposed* to be done for the first birthday... two years ago..., a wedding gift afghan - on December 4th; I haven't even *started* the crochet space shuttle I was going to do for another Christmas present. Though it's not like I don't have enough presents in my stash for him already, so I gueeeeess I could put that one on hold...  ;) ). I've had a hard week at work (I swear my company isn't going to have any lab people left in a year because we're all getting so fed up with how they're treating us - "big company mindset, but small company resources" as one of the guys said in our meeting yesterday) and instead of stressing myself out more I should just let myself sit back and do something that's pure fun with no "oh I should be doing this instead" guilt (which is what I was having trying to work on my rainbow-ghan just now).

When I read this, I immediately heard Bugs Bunny in my head saying, "Remember, doc, keeeeeeep smiling!"

bgs if I stay down nothing will get done. It's very overwhelming. I just take one box at a time.

Thank you cshort for the square and fabric. The fabric was perfect .

hope you are better soon

I had the same thing with high blood pressure 5 yrs ago,in the ER they kept saying do you feel like you are going to pass out

I didn't feel like I was about to pass out and never did.Its called the silent killer,and I didn't have a clue it was high,I had gone in cause I felt like something was in my eye.

I thought it was abdominal.  I was very short of breath, dizzy, and had spurts of energy for only minutes at a time.  Amazingly, I didn't have a headache.  When my blood pressure has been high, I've always had a splitting headache.  Not this time.  I was shocked when immediately after taking my vitals when I arrived, I was sent for an EKG.  I'm 40.  I never expected to be dealing with this stuff at this age.  At least now I know.  I must be even more careful with my health.

Hi Lilmama, ann, bgs, MARIA hi, and cshort, pineknott, carol, viking, and kuddles, and anyone else I have missed, my memory is only half mast these days, lol     

Maria, so sorry to hear of your not feeling well....Hope it all works out soon, and you start to be interested soon, we have all been there, but we missed you, and were hoping you were ok, thanks for the update...

Viking, and owlvamp, my oh my, such busy people,,,,,,I don't know if I could keep up with all of you!!

Kuddles, and kiddles, oh and lil lucky, lol hello, good morning, and glad you two are over your colds!!

feeling a bit blah today too not sick exactly, but the weather turned so cold, and windy, and well you know, blah blah blah!!

there is so little to interest me on the tube lately, was wondering about netflex, anyone have that, how does it work?? And how is it?? Just asking......well im off to get a shower, so will catch you in the morning sometime....I seldom get on in the morning anymore though, don't know why, just not awake enough I guess. lol      

Thanks, Katy :)

Feel better friend!

kuddles

vinkingrunner......sorry about the link, let me fix that. In the meantime:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftSupplyDestash?ref=si_shop

I couldn't believe how much I had till I started taking pictures. And I'm not near done!

Today, kiddles got up with a cold. Yes Katy, a cold! Dab nabbit! Oh well, it's just a cold and nothing worse for now so we are lucky.

Only in the 20s all weekend here, dangerous wind chills tonite so we'll be inside pretty much!

Hope everyone feels better! Take care!

kuddles

Good morning everyone

we're getting ready for that cold blast of air and cold weather,I know its early but I'm patiently waiting for snow this year

so I can wear the hat I made that I put a snowflake pin on.

all those who need prayers to feel better and other life issues,you have them

Keep those smiles going it might brighten someone's day more than you know.

Hi Again! Here are the pom hats I made for Kiddles and I! We were them on our walks in the neighborhood, what fun!

Kuddles, those hats are sooooooo fun!

so sorry carol you arent feeling well, i too still have that "virus" thing, and fighting the cough,but not as much......It hangs on a long time, least it has for me....

Kuddles, the hats are happy, fun and darling!!

Anyone else I missed, hi, and those MIA from the thread,hurry up and come on back to the fold, we need you!!

About it, resting day, today,tomorrow, errands,,,,,,lol  Michaels is on my schedule as well to use a coupon, 50 percent off any one item..........then sunday, got another one, 40 percent off,,,,,lol    Ill get one pounders by Caron no doubt!!

Tired, gonna med up with Musinex again tonight, and rest the voice.........I could almost sing in the car yesterday!!! lol

take care all!         We are the Champions My Friend.................

Katie, I hope you're feeling better. My cough is a little better today and the voice has improved but is still squeeky.

AngelRoseLite, that is scary, I hope you are feeling better.

I hope you had fun letting yourself play, sometimes you just have to goof off a little to relax.

bgs if I stay down nothing will get done. It's very overwhelming. I just take one box at a time.

Thank you cshort for the square and fabric. The fabric was perfect .

You are welcome, I'm glad the fabrics will help. Sounds like you have been super busy.

I'm feeling a bit better today so I am working on my granddaughters Christmas outfit, they are planning to go for pictures in just over a week so I need to get busy.

Those of you in the paths of the storms stay safe, I'll be praying.

Have a great day.

Good morning everyone!

Hope to get a few things done today. Not feeling the grandest but need to push forward somehow.

I hope everyone is feeling better or trying to at least.

Last night the girls and I went and finished up Thanksgiving shopping. Secret I didn't want to have to carry all the bags in the house myself so I waited for help.LOL But it was nice to have help and there company as well.

Then went and picked up daughter from school after ten. She was at a swimming meet. She did well. She is my fish in water.

Just posted a few more buttons over at my etsy shop......and any of you Squares can get a deal on shipping. So if you see several things you would like, PM me your desire and your zip code and I'll get you the best deal!

Kiddles has been blowing all day...poor thing! She is working on a puzzle right now so need to get back to her.

Have a good evening all!

kuddles

Archived