Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

wow, that is spectacular so far viking!!!! Thanks for the eye candy!!!

Ahhh, too much to catch up this late!! Glad to see everyone's doing well though.

Brenda, I did get your package yesterday! Everything is lovely! My son immediately wanted to put the ornament on the tree (we just put it up this weekend) - he declared it an acorn and hung it up on a branch next to Curious George so he could eat it. :D

I worked up a possible layout yesterday and took pictures! I'll have to fill in some odd spaces, but that'll be fun. I think I'm going to edge in one color so I can join in that color, but to edge in back loops only so I don't lose any of the pattern effects. I think it has a chance of looking really good.

Ha, mine used to be, but is now a man....Gotta run out soon, and mail those puffies, Ill confirm when i get back home!

Katy that's funny mine really is a mail lady. I will let you know as soon as the package arrives. Thank you in advance.

Hi ya kuddles, boy you do keep busy!! How is the little one, and doggie too, i hope his incision is all better!! Dogs and kids seem to heal faster than us grown ups, lol

Morning!  Hope everyone feels good today, gets a lot done, stays warm or cool, and has a moment to crochet today!

I'll be working....as usual......then a quick mtg after work so home a bit later, but only by an hour....

Gotta run!

kuddles

wow, those temps are really unusual for this time of the year, aren't they?? What is with this weather lately, we are getting a mix of sleet and snow right now,,,,,,and i gotta go mail puffys in a bit......eeek!!

well the start of the day is a rather soggy one,sun maybe by noon,then a four day stretch of rain until Tuesday

all of you out west stay safe in this round of wintry weather,oh forgot to mention the next two day we will be at 72 and 75 degrees

Linda stomps foot,we can't get any snow with those temps darn it!!!

Oh, almost forgot, we will have  a new member soon, as soon as I get her addy and preferences, so keep a check on the first post, but Ill probably announce her here too, she sounds like one of us gang, lol loves grannys!!!!!!!    ok, so all till later, on my way out to mail puffy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!          

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for asking katy, both Kiddles and Lucky are fine. Lucky is still wearing the cone, supposed to for 10 days and today is only day 8. I will look at it again tomorrow after work and maybe it can come off then! He is so healthy that the incision looks fantastic!

kuddles

And it came! Will you take a look at these, everyone?? These colors are wonderful!! Thank you so much, Linda!!

oooh pretties!!! nice job Linda, viking those will go so pretty in your lay out!!

Oh good Kuddles, glad to hear the cone comes off soon, I know its hard to wait, but you are doing it right!!

What does Kiddles want for Christmas this year kuddles, with no little ones anymore, I lose track of what is popular and what kids really want, lol my kid is 28, and money or clothes or gift cards usually suits her, lol I remember when it was easy, and she would wear whatever I got her, course I have good taste but anyway, lol now, it's she better pick it or it won't get worn!! oh well, right..

Oh, the news the news, I promised you up there earlier, a new member, and I have one for you!! Her name is Jilliepop, and her prefs are easy and fun,.,,,,any size, any color, how much easier can that be to get some made up and sent!!!! woo hoo, i have time before the post office gets so crowded too, yay, im excited....Everyone welcome Jilliepop (julie) to the thread!!!!!!!!! Welcome Julie, live long and crochet squares!!!!!!!! Just jump right in, we are a chatty group!!!!!

Ok, seems she hails from NC so Linda, we'll make you her special guide, lol actually if you run into probs, or get stuck on something, anyone of us should be able to help!! Don't worry, no initiation, no fees, no installment charges, no have to buy one get one free, ha ha ha...You're in and let the crocheting begin!! .Enjoy your stay!

in other news, we are headed into the deep freeze, but some of us forget, we have had it pretty good here this season so far, so cold and eventual snow is bound to happen soon!! A lot of people will get it worse than us, so Im ok with a little cold, just makes me cringe when I think of the heating bill though,,,,,,,,,,,aaack...that detracts from my yarn and postage money, you know, lol

Made chicken and noodle casserole tonight, was good on a cold night, a whole bunch left over too, for snacks or lunch!!

All for now, im full, and lazy, ha ha,,,so will do a bit of the hookin tonight soon!!!!!! take care all of you squares!!!

Hi Everyone, I know I haven't stopped by in quite awhile but I'm still around and hope you are all doing well.  I do have some squares made but I just haven't had time to think about sending anything out, bad of me I know.  My job has become so stressful since September that I work late and when I come home I ain't moving.  I just wanted to say hello to everyone.

HI pat!! long time no see, so glad you dropped in, now don't stress any more, lol crochet instead, lol Hope to see your posts often, we missed you!!!! are you done with that ghan, or do you need more squares, just let us know, lol???? Busy time of year for everyone, but we take strength in our numbers, and can always come to a freindly thread for some company, or to unload a bit, we all do it, so stay stress free, not good for your health, and stop in again soon!!!!!!!!! :day

You use Elmer's glue ? How much of each one do you use. I did some snowflakes from regular yarn but really like them in the smaller thread. I would love doing the glue and pinning. Doesn't bother me and can't you add glitter after the glue so it will dry with it? A bag of snowflakes you must of been busy. Wish I had a bag full already one day I will. So size 3 thread is smaller than 5 right ?

Sometimes I use Elmers and add a little water.  I know I use more glue than water.   I don't measure.  I squirt some glue in a bowl and mix in a few drops of water.  Sometimes I use Tacky glue and then have to add much more water.  If I am remembering correctly in crochet thread the smaller the number the larger the thread.  Mine were size 10, so 5 is thicker, and 3 is thicker yet. 

There are many beautiful snowflakes here and I think in each one she explains how to stiffen and block them. 

http://www.snowcatcherphotos.com/blahg/patterns/SnowcatcherSnowflakeDirectory.html

She also has a cal here

I follow her directions but sometimes I dip them in the glue/water mixture, squeeze them out, blot with a dry cloth and then pin them out.  I also prefer to use plastic wrap over the pizza box as I have had things stick to the wax paper and leave lots of little bits of paper on the flakes.  I let the flakes dry and then apply glitter glue with a paint brush. 

Love the Santa towel too. How do you make the towel topper? Do you have your own pattern? I really like it.

This is the pattern I looked at for the towel toppers. I followed her concept but use dc instead of sc and just make it the size I wanted. 

This is the pattern I looked at for the towel toppers. I followed her concept but use dc instead of sc and just make it the size I wanted. 

Did you forget to put the link? LOL

bgs thank you for all the help and links. I really want to make them. I really appreciate the help.

VikingRunnerGirl yes still looking for children's fabric. Thank you for remembering.

Hi pat54.

Kuddles glad lucky and kiddles are doing better. Harlie did really well also. She runs around like nothing happened. Which is good. Tank is whining so talk to you all later . He needs love I think or just some attention. I sure hope he doesn't want to go to bed yet I'm not ready have to put him there with daddy then.

sandra, package went out to you today and our queens package went out, and one more, who was that, oh yes, Rusty's mom has one coming as well...now off to search for some pretty bright cotton, for someone on our list!!!!!!!!

Sandra, glad harlie has recovered so quickly, bless their little hearts, they have us trained don't they!!

Good morning all!

In response to the Lucky well wishes......today will be the day the cone comes off! When I get home from work, it comes off! Woot! He will wonder what is going on! Wonder if he will miss the cone!

Another work day, yuck!

Hugs,

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone!

And it came! Will you take a look at these, everyone?? These colors are wonderful!! Thank you so much, Linda!!

Those are beautiful squares!

Oh, the news the news, I promised you up there earlier, a new member, and I have one for you!! Her name is Jilliepop, and her prefs are easy and fun,.,,,,any size, any color, how much easier can that be to get some made up and sent!!!! woo hoo, i have time before the post office gets so crowded too, yay, im excited....Everyone welcome Jilliepop (julie) to the thread!!!!!!!!! Welcome Julie, live long and crochet squares!!!!!!!! Just jump right in, we are a chatty group!!!!!

in other news, we are headed into the deep freeze, but some of us forget, we have had it pretty good here this season so far, so cold and eventual snow is bound to happen soon!! A lot of people will get it worse than us, so Im ok with a little cold, just makes me cringe when I think of the heating bill though,,,,,,,,,,,aaack...that detracts from my yarn and postage money, you know, lol

Welcome Jilliepop! 

Katie, stay warm and safe.

Hi Everyone, I know I haven't stopped by in quite awhile but I'm still around and hope you are all doing well.  I do have some squares made but I just haven't had time to think about sending anything out, bad of me I know.  My job has become so stressful since September that I work late and when I come home I ain't moving.  I just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Nice to hear from you Pat. I hope things at work get better soon.

Sometimes I use Elmers and add a little water.  I know I use more glue than water.   I don't measure.  I squirt some glue in a bowl and mix in a few drops of water.  Sometimes I use Tacky glue and then have to add much more water.  If I am remembering correctly in crochet thread the smaller the number the larger the thread.  Mine were size 10, so 5 is thicker, and 3 is thicker yet. 

There are many beautiful snowflakes here and I think in each one she explains how to stiffen and block them. 

http://www.snowcatcherphotos.com/blahg/patterns/SnowcatcherSnowflakeDirectory.html

She also has a cal here

I follow her directions but sometimes I dip them in the glue/water mixture, squeeze them out, blot with a dry cloth and then pin them out.  I also prefer to use plastic wrap over the pizza box as I have had things stick to the wax paper and leave lots of little bits of paper on the flakes.  I let the flakes dry and then apply glitter glue with a paint brush. 

Thank you for sharing the links and info for stiffening the snowflakes.

Not much going on here, same stuff just on a different day.

Have a good day!

Hi, Everyone!

I'm the newbie of the group.  :)  I can't wait to get started making some squares and getting to know everybody!!  

She also has a cal here

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/144072-2013-let-it-snow-snowflake-cal/

Wow there is a lot of snowflake patterns out there.

Just beautiful. Thank you!

Well ladies. I know I have been scarce lately. Just fighting some Christmas depression. I love Christmas. But living pay check to paycheck manes it impossible to buy gifts. I hate the thought of my kids not have anything. So far we have 2 gifts under the tree for the baby. That is it. We have 2 weeks between paychecks this time because of chubbiest job change. Plus they started child support earlier then we expected. So that made last weeks check short. I just want to go crawl in a dark hole cover it back in and cry. My kids r very understanding but the fact that they have to be breaks my heart. So I hope u excuse my absence. I will try to remember to pop in. You guys do give me a bright spot when I have been finding it very hard to be my usual peppy self.

Well ladies. I know I have been scarce lately. Just fighting some Christmas depression. I love Christmas. But living pay check to paycheck manes it impossible to buy gifts. I hate the thought of my kids not have anything. So far we have 2 gifts under the tree for the baby. That is it. We have 2 weeks between paychecks this time because of chubbiest job change. Plus they started child support earlier then we expected. So that made last weeks check short. I just want to go crawl in a dark hole cover it back in and cry. My kids r very understanding but the fact that they have to be breaks my heart. So I hope u excuse my absence. I will try to remember to pop in. You guys do give me a bright spot when I have been finding it very hard to be my usual peppy self.

good thoughts going out to you and your family

because of finances we haven't done gifts at the house here in yrs.

dragnlady5 how many children do you have living home and there ages? I for some reason thought they were all gone except the little one. See how much I know?

I totally understand how you feel been there myself the last few years. It really sucks struggling from pay check to pay check. It hurts my heart when I have to tell the girls and boys that we won't have much for christmas even when it come to dinner. I do however have a turkey and that's it. Sense the surgery, and the move it has taken every dime we had plus daughter for sick and we have more doctor bills. It's sad and I do cry and I'm trying to unpack to hopefully find my fabric so I can at least make the quilts I wanted to make. But I don't have enough children fabrics yet to do the I Spy Quilts. I'm trying but it is sad and my heart goes out to you. I know it's not about the gifts but it's just nice to see the children happy faces on christmas morning. It makes my day worth while. Like you said you don't want them to have to face that so it's hard on our hearts. I know for me it is.

Hi Jilliepop

what a cute user name,I know you'll like it here.

I'm not familiar with Reidville,just hope its no where near the Bonner Bridge to Hatteras Island,boy that came about unexpectedly

sure glad tourist season is over for them,but a two hr.ferry ride to and fro work,will be getting old real quick.Linda

Welcome to our new member!

I totally am with you that live paycheck to paycheck! Not fun at all! I know we are so much luckier than so many out there, we have a warm place to live, food on the table, but then nothing extra! Thank goodness for family and godparents that like to spoil Kiddles! I do what I can.....and for my family, I make gifts every year. Never something store bought!

So hugs to us all!

kuddles

Thanks for the greetings, everyone!

Pineknott: My username came from my friend, Megan.  Since the first day we met, she's called me JilliePop.  Reidsville is about 45 mins. south of Danville, VA...nowhere near the coast.  It's a mess over there, isn't it?

To Dragonlady5:  I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles.  My heart goes out to you.  Trust me, I've been there and I know it's heavy on the heart when things pile up huge during the holidays.   :hug

Archived