Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

oh ill ask handymandan, and let ya know, Also, the pain relief I give my doggies for her hip and joint pain is called Alliviate, from Petco.... the other just says,       Joint Health.... also petco...

.I will ask, I think I have a Roper. which is made by... whirlpool.   no complaints so far......

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, in his opinion, for what it is worth, whirlpool, is the most dependable, whirlpool also makes, Kenmore and Roper brand washers, frontloaders are too expensive, and difficult and they seem to leak more than top loaders. ANything computerized, will be more expensive to buy and or repair. In his humble opinion, not worth putting that much into the old washer, might as well put the money towards a newer one. End of conversation..........from his mouth, to my keyboard, for what its worth!

ok, in his opinion, for what it is worth, whirlpool, is the most dependable, whirlpool also makes, Kenmore and Roper brand washers, frontloaders are too expensive, and difficult and they seem to leak more than top loaders. ANything computerized, will be more expensive to buy and or repair. In his humble opinion, not worth putting that much into the old washer, might as well put the money towards a newer one. End of conversation..........from his mouth, to my keyboard, for what its worth!

That's good to know.  I know according to my dad those all used to be the good machines 30 some years ago but didn't know if they were now or not.  I definately do not want computerized and I know from using the ones at the laundromat that I just don't like loading and unloading the front loaders, not to mention I have heard the door seals mold.  I can see why as there is always water sitting there when the wash is over. 

We had to replace the washer in our house as soon as we moved in (it smelled like *everything* had crawled in and died in there!). I remember reading the top loaders were more efficient as well, and we looked for an energy star rated one as well. I don't recall exactly but I don't think it was more than $400, including free installation, and it wasn't the cheapest one Home Depot had, either. For that amount of money, definitely better to buy new, I think. It'll probably be cheaper than repairing! And if you have a local appliance shop (like not the big chains), sometimes you can get really good bargains with scratch and dent items!

We seriously looked at rehoming our dog twice since getting her... We just didn't know if we could handle her. I was working full time then though, and now that I'm part time and can work with her more she's gotten much more manageable. Which is good, because the options for rehoming a reactive German shepherd are basically nil! :-/ She'd have had no chance at a shelter, certainly.... Even just having the discussions were heartbreaking because as much of a pain as she is, we still love her....

I have my performance review at work tomorrow, and I'm really worried that they're going to ask me to go back to full time. I really don't want to, mostly for the dog's sake. She's doing so much better and I don't want to lose that. But I don't know if I can afford to say no if that's what they want. :( Going to talk it over with DH tonight and see if we can figure out some options....

Thanks, I AM sick to my stomach. Good diet aid......if I know it is the best, why does it hurt so bad?

It hurts so bad because he has become family and it is almost like giving up one of your kids... But like one of your kids. if you know it is for their better and that they will have a much much better life then what you can do for them then it is what you need to do. It will get better. you will always miss Lucky but knowing you gave him a better life makes it worth the pain now.

Because you have had him for a while and grown to love him that's why it hurts. Ask the people who are picking him to give you updates and maybe pictures. It will take a little while but once you see him in his new home and he well taken care you will feel better to.

Well it didn't look good. Still got charged a service call and to tell me what I already knew. That sucked. The mother board is bad and it will cost from $300 to $400 plus labor. Plus the the faucets where the water comes in leaks to so need to replace those before I need to replace a dang wall and floor. So I need a new washing machine and a plumber to fix the the darn pipes. How wonderful can that be.

Plus Tanks leg is not much better. He's trying to stretch it but back to whining so I know it hurts him.

I need to walk away for a while cause I don't know what to do at this point.

Talk to you all in a while. Just totally upset...

Wish I could sell some of the crochet stuff and quilts . But I never have any luck....

I have a frigidaire. front loader. our mother board went out and we bought a new on off ebay and hubby installed it with directions he found online.

we have a speed queen top load,its deeper than my Kenmore was,the only draw back for me is the dial to set up the start of the load

it doesn't have a solid grip(stationary) this one twirls,I have problems with my grip so I have a gripper pad next to the machine and that helps a lot.we got ours at an independent washing well store,we have known them for many yrs

I have asked a lot of people and whirlpool has been number 1. That's amazing to me for I figure I would get arrange of answers but nope. So that is it. I do love the front loaders though and I did see top loaders. I just don't want the ringer in the middle.

sandra, did your chairity have it's Christmas party yet, im anxious to see if you had enough to go around!

Yes, it was today and yes I had enough to go around. Between quilts,tie blankets , hats, scarves, toys, puzzles, clothes, a few games, crayons, pencils and some slippers there was enough for each child. Oh don't forget pillow cases too. One for each child.

Next week is for the women's shelter.That is my next one. I have hats, scarves and pillow cases and a few quilts to go there. I am making a few totes to make sure there is enough to go around.

Then I have some darker hats and scarves for the homeless. I'm working hard despite all the set backs.

Husband thinks he can fix it and got the parts tonight. So we will see ..

I'm so tired of looking at washing machine. The cheapest whirlpool washer was $720.00 .. Don't have it and the reviews were awesome on it. That was at Sears with a discount and Lowe's has the same one for $800.00. + tax of course plus I have a 10% coupon at Lowe's. But still don't have the money for it.

I'm off to bed and will rethink a lot tomorrow. Nothing more for me to do.

Hello,

Let me start by apologizing for not responding to individuals but I am sooooooo far behind that I don't think I'll ever catch up on everything. Things have been very busy since Saturday and I'm ready for a day to do nothing. Ok enough whining. We have 2 days and a week left of school before the Christmas break and hopefully I will get some rest then, actually things should slow down a bit after tomorrow, seems like everything was scheduled for this week.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to stop by more often. Have a great day.

Good afternoon everyone

AngelRoseLite

your puffy has been mailed,finally,was going to do it yesterday,but plans were changed on me

so this morning I hurried up and got out the door before anyone elses plans trumped mine

I received a mysterious package in the mail today. wasnt sure who it was from...  Then I opened it and there were squares. As I was pulling them out one square gave away who sent me this great package......

48397E4A-orig.jpg

thank you Jilliepop. They are wonderful and such a surprise. i was only expecting the monkey one.

Great squares!

I received a mysterious package in the mail today. wasnt sure who it was from...  Then I opened it and there were squares. As I was pulling them out one square gave away who sent me this great package......

48397E4A-orig.jpg

thank you Jilliepop. They are wonderful and such a surprise. i was only expecting the monkey one.

Not having such a good day! But such is life .

I'm freezing again think I need to turn up the heat some. Tank and I could use it. Tank is limping worse now and I called the vet to see if I could give him anything and was told not to give him any over the counter medicine for aspirin could make his stomach bleed. I moved vets and told my daughter she needs too. I just don't think the ladies answering the phones actually ask the vet ... Twice now they've told me to do something the new vet said heck no ...

Looks like I'm going to have to break down and take him. I'm ready to crawl in the hole and just stay there ..

I received my monkey square too and a couple others. Thank you Jilliepop it came on the right day. Been down all day so it was a nice surprise. Thanks

Owlvamp, here's a :hug

I spoke with the mom taking Lucky and she was lovely! Originally from Austrailia and still has an accent, so cute! She is as excited as her girls probably are and I think is ready for a buddy while her girls are in school. I sent her a bunch of notes on his routine, etc. I actually feel much better about it now. I took half a day tomorrow to spend time with him and I imagine I'll be up all nite tomorrow letting him sleep with me on the couch. Might make it harder for me to give him to her on Saturday, but feel I must do it. I want his last few days with us to be grand.

Hugs,

kuddles

oh kuddles, you are so brave and strong to do this for the good of Lucky..........hang in there.........

Owlvamp,good, hope hubby can fix the washer, got my fingers crossed....

chort, you are a busy lady, and we're happy to hear from you whenever you can!

Viking, angel  pineknott, whomever I missed up there somewhere in cyber ville, lol hello, and hoping all your days are going well!!

Got a hec of a headache, so gonna go for a bit, take more ibprofen, hope tank is better, and you too sandra, glad there was enough to go round!@

feel Better Katie. It is a cold night. Me and my 13 yr old spent 30 minutes waiting to get Kerosene tonight. the cops had a car pulled over right infront of the pump. They patted them both down took the dog around the car.... which he signaled twice on the car. then he put the dog up and walked toward us and flasshed his light at us. I told hiim we were just waiting for Kerosene and didnt want to get in the way. He laughed and said ok you had me worried.  The searched the car found nothing and let them go. 

Got my third stocking done today and about 1/4 the way done with the 4th. 

Kuddles and kiddles prayers for peace of mind comeing your way

Owlvamp. Glad the washer thing is working out and prayers for tank and healing.

Hellow Jillie, viking, Cshort, pine knott. Hope all is well. 

Tomorrow is my day off. I dont have much running to do either.  WOW  Maybe I wil sleep in LOL  Yeah right.,

Owlvamp, my heart goes out to you!  I've had the same issues with things breaking down and having no idea where I'm supposed to come up with the money to fix them.  I'm glad that this week I've suddenly been busy.  I hope it keeps up because in the 12 years I've been a court reporter, this has been the worst and scariest yet.  So you are in my prayers, especially when I feel your frustration.  I'm sending you a great big hug!

Estee, Happy Birthday!

Kuddles, I was in your shoes a couple of years ago.  As I was reading your posts, all sorts of happy memories with my doggies came flooding back.  How I miss them.  You're doing the most selfless thing you can do for Lucky.  I hope the new family sends you pictures and updates.  That would be very kind of them.  :hug

Good afternoon everyone

AngelRoseLite

your puffy has been mailed,finally,was going to do it yesterday,but plans were changed on me

so this morning I hurried up and got out the door before anyone elses plans trumped mine

Thank you, pineknott!  I've tried to get to the post office, but I've been busy this week.  I'm very thankful to have work to blame.  I'll send puffies out on Saturday :)

48397E4A-orig.jpg

I love your squares!  I was very tempted to claim a monkey square, but I don't have an afghan to use it for.  I can't be greedy, lol.  They had to go where they're going to be used to be cherished.  Lovely squares!

Hugs to everyone.  Yeah, I've been working, but that's not stopping me from going to the midnight showing of The Desolation of Smaug, LOL!  Just now my friends and I decided to upgrade our tickets to the double feature.  We'll watch the first Hobbit movie and then watch the new one at midnight.  Yay!  That just means I have to cut short my post now ;)

Good night, friends.  Prayers for all.

Hubby can not fix the washer. He's fixing the spickets that the water comes out of. It leaks to and that's what he is fixing. Washing machine has a few leaks and the motherboard is bad.

Archived