Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good Morning everyone.  Hope all is well.....  Owlvamp Prayers for healing on your toe.  My hubby woke up Saturday night/ Sunday Morning With a nasty charlie horse in his calf muscle. So bad I thought he was gonna cry. It hurt so bad after wards All day that i was gonna go find  some crutches. we out some icy hot on it and when he pulled up his pant leg it was swollen to like twice it's size. Was still limping a little yesterday but seems fine today

Thank you! Hope tomorrow is better days. Toe is throbbing so going to bed. Good night all!

BGS,,, I also got your wonderful Ornament. Thank you. it is on my tree. Hubby was even impressed with it. It is gorgeous. I love it.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep bgs did wonderful and gifting us all. I love you all and love coming here and talking, venting or whatever it might be. Thank you all for the kind words when I'm down. Who needs a therapist when we have each other. It's nice to not be judged and when there is a problem we all try to help. It's wonderful just wonderful!!!

Here's to a new start and more positive even though everything around me is crap.

I am thankful for you all and my family.

Each day write something positive. :)

Good idea owlvamp!

I'm thankful today that my daughter came home from school in a good mood instead of sobbing about Lucky! She hasn't mentioned him so far tonite and seems really happy! I'm so thankful!

And an extra shoutout to all of you.....like was said, so nice to know I can vent or cry or get mad here and you are all on my side! You guys ROCK!

Hugs and have a great nite!

kuddles

Oh ann, good to hear from you, and I can't imagaine what is going on with your multiquote thing a ma jig, worked fine for me, this time, and I tried it multiple ways too, sorry to hear it's not working yet with you, have you tried signing out of crochetville, and then back in??

Hi All!  Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but my multi quote thing is still not working for me.  Geez, what a pain.   I really relied on it a lot.  It looks like it is working, but when I press the "post" button to start my reply everything is blank, nothing has been saved even though they were counted as I went along.  UGH! So, with that off my chest I'll move on, lol.  I shopped til I dropped today, but I think I have 99% of my Christmas shopping done!  Now I just really need to concentrate on my few knit/crochet projects.  I promised myself I will not stress over them though.  If they get done great, if not, oh well, they will get them a tad late, lol.  Hugs, thoughts a prayers to all.  Be well and be safe,  Know that you are not alone and you have a friend that cares. :hug

Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great day!

hi carol, good to see your post, hope all is well with such a busy lady like yourself!

Good morning all, here's hoping we all have a better/good day!

kuddles

ditto that kuddles.

Good Morning everyone.  Hope all is well.....  Owlvamp Prayers for healing on your toe.  My hubby woke up Saturday night/ Sunday Morning With a nasty charlie horse in his calf muscle. So bad I thought he was gonna cry. It hurt so bad after wards All day that i was gonna go find  some crutches. we out some icy hot on it and when he pulled up his pant leg it was swollen to like twice it's size. Was still limping a little yesterday but seems fine today

BGS,,, I also got your wonderful Ornament. Thank you. it is on my tree. Hubby was even impressed with it. It is gorgeous. I love it.

so sorry to hear of your dh and his leg, hope all gets well, without a costly doctor's visit!

Yep bgs did wonderful and gifting us all. I love you all and love coming here and talking, venting or whatever it might be. Thank you all for the kind words when I'm down. Who needs a therapist when we have each other. It's nice to not be judged and when there is a problem we all try to help. It's wonderful just wonderful!!!

Such a nice post owlvamp, we're glad your'e here for us as well!

we are glad you are here with us Owlvamp :hug

ditto, Linda.

Good idea owlvamp!

I'm thankful today that my daughter came home from school in a good mood instead of sobbing about Lucky! She hasn't mentioned him so far tonite and seems really happy! I'm so thankful!

And an extra shoutout to all of you.....like was said, so nice to know I can vent or cry or get mad here and you are all on my side! You guys ROCK!

kuddles

I like that too, post something positive everyday! and your post too, was so nice!! I too am grateful for all of you, some days, you keep me going, lol..........love ya all.

I have been AWOL posting but I've been lurking - heart hurting for all of ours in pain this season. :( Hugs to everyone and I, too, am glad we've got this little group here. It's funny, I don't really have any message boards or forums I'm very active on (unless you count facebook groups, which I'm semi-active with), but Crochetville and this thread in particular I like sticking with. Hugs to owl, and kuddles, and pineknott and everyone!

I get charlie horses in my left calf particularly, every now and then (even thinking about it I can sort of feel it in the muscle!) and I don't blame you for considering crutches! It really feels like the muscle is just tied in a knot. I don't understand how they work at all, even though I've probably asked DH about a hundred times now I can never remember the answer, or even whether he knew the answer or said he didn't know! :lol Thanks, ADD. :P

I'm feeling sort of weird now; Little Viking was in bed and us out of his room by 9! That never, EVER happens. Usually it's close to ten if not a little after. But he was SO out of sorts tonight we were like no, bed, right away and after some initial fussing he settled down and seemed absolutely fine. He's been doing so much better with bedtime lately - we've been saying up front how many stories we'll (each) read and how many songs we'll (each) do with him, and once whichever of us is last to sing is done, we can say goodnight and leave the room and he just snuggles up to go to sleep! He'd been there before, but once he started having nightmares he was needing us in there longer again, and after a long time of trying we're finally back to where we were before. Yay!

And we're potty training right now, too. Thank goodness for daycare! He's doing really good for a little guy but I just really hate having to clean up accidents, whether animal or human... I'm trying to be very careful not to show frustration though; I don't want him to worry about it! He really is trying so hard, too. He greets me at school with what color he's on (green for good listener, red for bad, etc.) and now also how many times he peed in the potty! :D

Man, I am kind of at loose ends... I don't know if I should read, or sew or crochet (one Christmas present and one early January wedding gift, respectively), or wrap Christmas gifts that I haven't even started yet, or what! I should probably do some more Wii Fit; I should get my push ups in today. It's so cold though! We're all sitting on the couch trying to keep warm and keep the dog from chasing the cat through the Christmas tree.  :wbrr

I have my den almost finished . I'm excited the tree will go up. It's late for me but you all know this year has been something else for us. So it is what it is.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day today.

Hi, ladies!  I finished another crocodile stitch sweater!  It is black.  I washed it inside a sweater bag but accidentally included a white granny square.  You can imagine my horror when I saw white fuzzies on the sweater.  I have handed it to my sister-in-law, and she is going to get a sweater shaver to take the fuzzy stuff off.  Other than that mistake, it looks great.  I was not happy about the color choice, but that's what the person it's intended for likes.  It actually looks very nice.  I had put aside one also in black for my sister.  I will pick it back up to finish it now.  I'm also almost finished with Moogly's Go Team Colors Baby Blanket.  It's in dark brown and turquoise.  I'll post it as soon as I'm finished.  Then I'm finally finishing a little elephant with a Santa outfit for a niece and then a Lalaloopsy doll for the niece that lives with me.  She's been begging me for one since I made my first one some months back.  Let's see... I'm testing a cute jumper for ShiFio, and I have tons of other projects patiently waiting for me to get to them.  I think my mojo just might be back!  Oh, that's not counting some squares I've accumulated.  They're just plain granny squares, but they helped me get back into the groove :)

Ouch!  My ex-husband used to get those a lot.  I could never figure out how to help him when he was in pain.  It's excruciating to watch them go through the pain and not be able to help.  I hope your DH is better.

Thanks again, bgs!!

Here's to a new start and more positive even though everything around me is crap.

I am thankful for you all and my family.
Each day write something positive. :)

I love your suggestion :)

Good idea owlvamp!

kuddles

I'm glad for you and Kiddles, Kuddles.  I know it's too soon for the pain to be gone, but there are rays of sunshine here and there.   :hug

I have been AWOL posting but I've been lurking - heart hurting for all of ours in pain this season. :( Hugs to everyone and I, too, am glad we've got this little group here. It's funny, I don't really have any message boards or forums I'm very active on (unless you count facebook groups, which I'm semi-active with), but Crochetville and this thread in particular I like sticking with. Hugs to owl, and kuddles, and pineknott and everyone!

I get charlie horses in my left calf particularly, every now and then (even thinking about it I can sort of feel it in the muscle!) and I don't blame you for considering crutches! It really feels like the muscle is just tied in a knot. I don't understand how they work at all, even though I've probably asked DH about a hundred times now I can never remember the answer, or even whether he knew the answer or said he didn't know! :lol Thanks, ADD. :P

I'm feeling sort of weird now; Little Viking was in bed and us out of his room by 9! That never, EVER happens. Usually it's close to ten if not a little after. But he was SO out of sorts tonight we were like no, bed, right away and after some initial fussing he settled down and seemed absolutely fine. He's been doing so much better with bedtime lately - we've been saying up front how many stories we'll (each) read and how many songs we'll (each) do with him, and once whichever of us is last to sing is done, we can say goodnight and leave the room and he just snuggles up to go to sleep! He'd been there before, but once he started having nightmares he was needing us in there longer again, and after a long time of trying we're finally back to where we were before. Yay!

And we're potty training right now, too. Thank goodness for daycare! He's doing really good for a little guy but I just really hate having to clean up accidents, whether animal or human... I'm trying to be very careful not to show frustration though; I don't want him to worry about it! He really is trying so hard, too. He greets me at school with what color he's on (green for good listener, red for bad, etc.) and now also how many times he peed in the potty! :D

Man, I am kind of at loose ends... I don't know if I should read, or sew or crochet (one Christmas present and one early January wedding gift, respectively), or wrap Christmas gifts that I haven't even started yet, or what! I should probably do some more Wii Fit; I should get my push ups in today. It's so cold though! We're all sitting on the couch trying to keep warm and keep the dog from chasing the cat through the Christmas tree.  :wbrr

Your little boy is growing up!  You have lots of work right now, but you're doing a great job.  I'm very happy for you.  I really am in awe of you mothers.  I don't know that I'd be so patient at my age.  I hope your pets are not creating havoc :)

I have my den almost finished . I'm excited the tree will go up. It's late for me but you all know this year has been something else for us. So it is what it is.

I don't think we're going to have a tree this year.  I'm a little sad about it, but I'm thankful to have my friends and family.  I'll spend the 24th with my sister, and we'll be making many dozens of tamales.  She won't have a tree either, but it's because she has three cats.  My SIL texted me a picture of a crocheted Christmas tree.  I wonder if I have time to make one, just a small one.  We could surround it with lights, and I think that it will brighten up the place.  Hmm...

Hugs to everyone, and good night.

I was getting calf cramps every couple of weeks for a while. A few weeks ago my daughter told me to stretch my legs by pointing my toes up towards my body before going to sleep and I haven't had any cramps since.

Potty training can be a little challenging but it wonderful when they finally get it. Teaching preschool I love it when we get everyone trained, right now 2 of my 8 students are still struggling with it. Stay warm.

Yay! for the den and Christmas tree!

Hi, ladies!  I finished another crocodile stitch sweater!  It is black.  I washed it inside a sweater bag but accidentally included a white granny square.  You can imagine my horror when I saw white fuzzies on the sweater.  I have handed it to my sister-in-law, and she is going to get a sweater shaver to take the fuzzy stuff off.  Other than that mistake, it looks great.  I was not happy about the color choice, but that's what the person it's intended for likes.  It actually looks very nice.  I had put aside one also in black for my sister.  I will pick it back up to finish it now.  I'm also almost finished with Moogly's Go Team Colors Baby Blanket.  It's in dark brown and turquoise.  I'll post it as soon as I'm finished.  Then I'm finally finishing a little elephant with a Santa outfit for a niece and then a Lalaloopsy doll for the niece that lives with me.  She's been begging me for one since I made my first one some months back.  Let's see... I'm testing a cute jumper for ShiFio, and I have tons of other projects patiently waiting for me to get to them.  I think my mojo just might be back!  Oh, that's not counting some squares I've accumulated.  They're just plain granny squares, but they helped me get back into the groove :)

Ouch!  My ex-husband used to get those a lot.  I could never figure out how to help him when he was in pain.  It's excruciating to watch them go through the pain and not be able to help.  I hope your DH is better.

Thanks again, bgs!!

I love your suggestion :)

I'm glad for you and Kiddles, Kuddles.  I know it's too soon for the pain to be gone, but there are rays of sunshine here and there.   :hug

Your little boy is growing up!  You have lots of work right now, but you're doing a great job.  I'm very happy for you.  I really am in awe of you mothers.  I don't know that I'd be so patient at my age.  I hope your pets are not creating havoc :)

I don't think we're going to have a tree this year.  I'm a little sad about it, but I'm thankful to have my friends and family.  I'll spend the 24th with my sister, and we'll be making many dozens of tamales.  She won't have a tree either, but it's because she has three cats.  My SIL texted me a picture of a crocheted Christmas tree.  I wonder if I have time to make one, just a small one.  We could surround it with lights, and I think that it will brighten up the place.  Hmm...

Your hooks must be flying. My cats are always a challenge with the Christmas tree but they've been pretty good this year. Several years ago I had the tree next to the piano and one of the cats would jump up on the piano and walk into the tree and lay down in the branches for a nap.

We have our classroom celebration today. We will be watching the animated version of How The Grinch Stole Christmas and making Grinch Punch to have with other treats. I finished the last gift that I was making last night and wrapped all the gifts .     I have squares finished for our Queen but I probably won't make it the post office until after Christmas, its a little scary there right now  :lol .

Guess that's it for now. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning to my Lovely Squares!

Vikingrunnergirl - you are doing great! My Kiddles is 9 and once she had a 'break down' of sorts at the age of 6, I've never been able to close her door at night again. And many nites, she needs me to sit with her till she falls asleep. She has anxiety and she's worth the trouble! Just like your little one.....hold him tight and keep doing the great job you are doing!

owlvamp - you hang in there girl!

grannyannie - hugs to you honey!

angelroselite - you sound so busy! You go girl!

all the rest of my honies - hi and hugs to you ALL!

Today I'm thankful that my Kiddles stayed in a good mood and went to bed without me sitting with her! And that someone expressed interest in my teddy bear chenille bedspread in my etsy shop! Woot!

Take care all!

kuddles

Good early morning to all of you! I've been following for months now, waiting for that moment to jump in and look alive. Since that time, we have had so much happen that life is more like a treadmill than something orderly with a few bumps here and there. Received word at 4:30 a.m that my aunt was going to the hospital, stroke symptoms, and at almost 6 an ER doctor called to say it was a hemorrhagic stroke.

I am still working on the 63-square afghan, with 41 done, one started, and 3 which have given me fits. At least the Christmas tree is up and ablaze with light.  You know, I never thought to look for yarn at a thrift store. I bought a big bag of odds and ends at a porch sale years ago. Had fun with that. I'll have to take a look. 

Regarding potty training, there is nothing like big girl/boy pants. Once that accident and diaper thing is over, you are so much more at ease. I think I was a little lax with it. Don't want to create a little miser by rushing it (yes, I read books about it, etc.) True story: when our first granddaughter was learning, her parents were so joyful and pleased, that the little darling freaked out and wouldn't use the potty -- except to hold her little Barney. Go figure. Once they learn, it should be smooth sailing until puberty. That's cold comfort, isn't it -- puberty!!!

Good morning all.

Fixed daughter some breakfast along with a hot chocolate . Off to school she goes and back to bed for me.

Didn't finish last night till after 2:30 in the morning .but that's okay I will sleep a little and get up.

thanks for all the well wishes for the hubby. He is much better Most of the swelling has gone down and he hasnt been limping.

all the rest of my honies - hi and hugs to you ALL!

kuddles

Memo to self: Put glasses on in the morning before reading this....  I read it as  All the reast of my hoMies

Get a bunch of old Christmas cards and at dowle (sp) rod . Use some craft scissors to zigzag all four edges. make each card slightly smaller then the other. put glue on the edges and cover in glitter. (makes garland). Center them on the dowle rod and stack from biggest to smallest. there you go. u have a fairly quick tree

here is the pic tutorial

0efdf3aa91190ed640f77453da964e08.jpg

Hi everybody,

I am still here. I did not receive the squares yet that were promised. Have you sent them yet? I can only check in once a week or so. It is cold here. It is going to be clear today.

Rusty and I are nice and warm inside the house here.

hi all, ho ho ho!! tomorrow i get to play santa!! I made myself a red hat, with white furry brim, topped with a frilly bunch of fluff, and will carry my own santa bag!! And then I get to pass out treats, and gifts to at least my brunch bunch, and then off again, to some neighbors and friends that aren't in our brunch bunch! Will be a fun time!! Sometimes I just knock, and leave the package, and beat feet back to my waiting limo, (dh) and off we go to the next house!

It's always particularly fun to make the get away, before they reach the package, but Im not as fast as I may have been once upon a time, lol...... 

I found the neatest little cookie boxes I think at Kmart, and have to bake a few dozen cookies for dd at least, if not for a few close friends!

Such a cute little tree made from Christmas cards, we don't have a tree either angel, we also, have CATS, lol So i understand completely, lol...But you would be amazed, a few bulbs here in a glass bowl, a wreath on the door, an lazy santa and snowman perched on the shelf, it stil looks like Christmas around here!!

Looks like a chance of measurable snow tomorrow night for here, don't know for sure, hope it waits till after our santa run!

Hope Kiddles is continuing to do well kuddles, and do you get off when she does??

Sandra, hope things are clearing up for you, sometimes it takes a while, but usually things work out somehow, the universe at work, huh!

so, with all that said, hope you all have a good week, and I will catch you all tomorrow sometime!! take care till then,stay warm, and dry, and safe!!!!

post-40621-0-82603500-1387421492_thumb.jpg

thanks for all the well wishes for the hubby. He is much better Most of the swelling has gone down and he hasnt been limping.

Memo to self: Put glasses on in the morning before reading this....  I read it as  All the reast of my hoMies

Get a bunch of old Christmas cards and at dowle (sp) rod . Use some craft scissors to zigzag all four edges. make each card slightly smaller then the other. put glue on the edges and cover in glitter. (makes garland). Center them on the dowle rod and stack from biggest to smallest. there you go. u have a fairly quick tree

here is the pic tutorial

0efdf3aa91190ed640f77453da964e08.jpg

You are so funny!  "Homies."  LOL!  I love the tree idea.  I might try it next year after clearing out my storage.  I have tons of cards in there.

Hope you all had a wonderful day. Me better than most days .

I'm glad today was better for you.   :hug

Here's what I have so far on my blanket.  There was a big spider that took refuge in it last night.  We just can't live in the same place; so I had to get rid of it.  I hate spiders!

post-44469-0-65064400-1387421856_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-89439100-1387421858_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-52835300-1387421860_thumb.jpg

Love the blankie and the colors. It really is pretty.

I like your hat katy. Hope you have fun delivering the cookies and whatever else you are doing.

Sounds like lots of fun.

Good Morning!

hi all, ho ho ho!! tomorrow i get to play santa!! I made myself a red hat, with white furry brim, topped with a frilly bunch of fluff, and will carry my own santa bag!! And then I get to pass out treats, and gifts to at least my brunch bunch, and then off again, to some neighbors and friends that aren't in our brunch bunch! Will be a fun time!! Sometimes I just knock, and leave the package, and beat feet back to my waiting limo, (dh) and off we go to the next house!

It's always particularly fun to make the get away, before they reach the package, but Im not as fast as I may have been once upon a time, lol...... 

I found the neatest little cookie boxes I think at Kmart, and have to bake a few dozen cookies for dd at least, if not for a few close friends!

Such a cute little tree made from Christmas cards, we don't have a tree either angel, we also, have CATS, lol So i understand completely, lol...But you would be amazed, a few bulbs here in a glass bowl, a wreath on the door, an lazy santa and snowman perched on the shelf, it stil looks like Christmas around here!!

Looks like a chance of measurable snow tomorrow night for here, don't know for sure, hope it waits till after our santa run!

Hope Kiddles is continuing to do well kuddles, and do you get off when she does??

Sandra, hope things are clearing up for you, sometimes it takes a while, but usually things work out somehow, the universe at work, huh!

so, with all that said, hope you all have a good week, and I will catch you all tomorrow sometime!! take care till then,stay warm, and dry, and safe!!!!

attachicon.gif100_3675.jpg

Katie, your hat is wonderful. Have fun playing Santa today.

You are so funny!  "Homies."  LOL!  I love the tree idea.  I might try it next year after clearing out my storage.  I have tons of cards in there.

I'm glad today was better for you.   :hug

Here's what I have so far on my blanket.  There was a big spider that took refuge in it last night.  We just can't live in the same place; so I had to get rid of it.  I hate spiders!

That is a beautiful blanket. Spiders and I don't live well together either but cats usually get em before I do.

It is the last day with students before the holiday break and it's a half day so it should be a pretty easy day. We will be having another holiday celebration today because the parents sent so many goodie yesterday that we have lots of leftovers. Then I might be going home for a nap since I woke up from a weird dream at 3:15 am and never went back to sleep. :yawn  Have a great day everyone.

Morning squares!

Hope you have great fun today Katy! Sounds like it!

I'm thankful today that kiddles and I are inside where it is warm, we food for our tummies and that tonite, although I haven't told kiddles yet, we are going to put up our tree! We didn't before due to Lucky and then she didn't want it up. But we need the magic of Christmas so up it will go up tonite! We'll have such fun!

Later!

kuddles

That's cool kuddles. We need to put the lights on our tree and then the ornaments. I promised grandson I would wait for him but she said I couldn't get them this weekend .. So I don't know what to do. I'm going call and see if there is a chance. There's a half a day Friday so I was really hoping. But for me is a fight every weekend to see them.

kiddles will love the tree and enjoy putting it up once she gets in the mood. Make some hot chocolate and put a christmas movie in. That's what we do.

Archived