Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, what a special gift was given from one of our members, I am heartened by the generosity, and the joy of not only recieving, but in the giving of such a gift.......Hats off to you deal angels, I believe you have now earned some wings......

My Christmas Wish For You as came to me in an email from a lovely friend.....if i might pass it on to all my friends here.. ..

My Christmas wish for you, my friends
Is not a simple one
For I wish you hope and joy and peace
Days  filled with warmth and sun

I wish you love and friendship too
Throughout the coming year
Lots of laughter and happiness
To fill your world with cheer

May you count your blessings, one by one
And when totaled by the lot
 May you find all you've been given
To be more than what you sought

May your journeys be short, your burdens light
 May your spirit never grow old
 May all your clouds have silver linings
 And your rainbows pots of gold

I wish this all and so much more
May all your dreams come true
And hope you had a Merry Christmas friends
And have a Happy New Year, too.

Good Morning All!

Katie, that was beautiful.  you made me all teary eyed first thing this morning.  Gosh, we sure do have wonderful people on this group.

I hope that everyone had a nice Christmas.  Mine was quiet.  I slept a good portion of the day, lol.

dragnlady5,  I just finished making one of your squares and it's very nice.  Thank you so much for sharing!  I'll try to post a pic later once I wake up more.

Be back later!

I agree too, we do have a wonderful and caring group here.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I had lots of fun eating and playing with my grandkids. It's rainy here today and I'm a little tired from the festivities so I think I will have a crochet day. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning everyone.

kuddles hope you and kiddles made it safely and have a wonderful time.

I got the boys yesterday and get to keep them till Saturday. That is so awesome and they are having a blast. They were so excited yesterday when they arrived and the youngest one said it wasn't christmas for him until he came to my house. Plus she told them there wasn't a Santa Claus. She wrapped Santa's present on the 21 st and the boys seen that and that was one of the first things they said to me that Santa wasn't real. Sorry but it broke my heart till this day we do Santa here for the children no matter what age. My sixteen year old knows but plays with me every year. I was sad I will admit that and don't understand why she wants them to be sad to and on christmas for all that. But they both loved their christmas ......

Will decorate the tree today for we never got a chance yesterday and she never said one word.

My sister is coming down in Jan. and we are doing christmas with her so will leave the tree up.

Glad the kids Will get to decorate the tree and that you get them for a while.  Santa exsists in my house. And he always will. Santa is the spirit of giving and helping. Owlvamp, You and whomever sent the gift card were Santa this year.  The fact that someone who has never met my children. And only ever spoke to me thru typing, Cared enough for me and my family to do what you have done is the very essence of Christmas. You are a blessing and I know God will Bless you in abundance for what you have done

wow, that was powerful dragnlady! and so true too...

Today was is and will be a day of rest for me, i sat down last evening, when company all left, and counted back a couple of weeks, and have been running for 16 days straight, so today, was my day......

I thought about taking the few decorations down, but didn't.

I thought about gathering up all the Christmas cards and rubber banding them and putting them away, but I didn;t.

I thought about putting the bowls of shiny bulbs back in their boxes, but i didn't..

I didn't cook tonight, but what i did do, was eat turkey, stuffing, and potatoes and gravy again tonight, and it tasted just as great as it did yesterday.....Thank goodness for microwaves, lol

I didn't crochet persay, but I was in the room, hung a new calendar, wafted through some pattern books, and dilly dallied around a bit and in that found or rediscovered some things i forgot where I put them, lol

More of the same tonight, but weather is sure better, gonna be a high of about 52 tomorrow, unheard of in these parts for Late December, lady December is all confused this year, but Ms. January is wating in the wings to set us all straight, im sure!

So everyone I trust had a good Christmas. The new Year is coming, and with that, angelroselite, you crown will be passing to our new queen...I hope we get a total from you at the end of your reign, those of you that have been queen, there a a couple on the first post I have no total for........if y ou announced it, I forgot to put it in the first post, so if you have time and would like your total known, please hit me up with a pm.. thanks!!

Oh i know what I did to pass some lazy time too, i cleaned out my make up stuff, got rid of the old, and will replace it when the stores gets less crowded, cleaned brushes, and powder puff thingies, and wiped out the bag, and organized, gathered it from all the spots I leave it, and put all the lip sticks  together, lol ...Im a bit of a stickler for clean and organized if you hadn't noticed. lol

And that ladies, is how I spent the day, pretty much, i did do some dishes, just a few, fed the cats of course their share of turkey, and the dog, for which they all were little gobblers themselves, ha ha.

So im full again, with the turkey and fixings, and not feeling too ambitious tonight either, 16 days, running around, finally caught up with me and I need a ME or a mental health day to myself! lol

So with that, ill say see ya tomorrow, have a nice evening!!  

Christmas tree is decorated and we sang christmas so gs while doing it and the girls and grand boys danced around. I also made them got chocolate and peanut butter sandwiches. Getting ready to watch a movie.

Thanks dragnlady I'm happy knowing I made a difference in your family's life. That is my goal every year. I bet it was so exciting to see the children's faces.

Katie, I think that poem is a great way to start off our year!

We had a wonderful Christmas, too. He's at such a great age for Christmas! He was so pleased that Santa ate his cookies and drank his milk, and the reindeer ate their carrots... "Santa" left him a note, too, saying thank you for the cookies - he can read his name, so he knew it was for him and he was so excited to get a card! Both he and I got Legos for Christmas, too. ^_^ Daddy helped him put together his new trash/recycling truck down at my parents' yesterday, and after I got him from daycare today the little guy and I sat down together and started putting together Mommy's new castle set. He's a really good Lego helper! The dog ate the archer's head and one of his legs, though. I'm not happy with the dog.  :rant

Today, though.... Well, ok, parents of children who are no longer adorable toddlers: how do you do it? How do you let them grow up?? Seriously, it's killing me tonight that he's not going to be our grinning mischievous three-year-old forever. I had to try not to cry doing bedtime songs. And instead of the "I love you, Matthew" song I do the most often, I did the one that just goes "I love my Matthew" over and over because it has a much bouncier melody and I figured I could sing it without cracking up - except two lines in he started singing along, with "I love my Mommy". :cry  I don't want him to stop being my adorable toddler! Waaaah!

They Grow up.. we can't stop them. Memories will be a wonderful reminder of the little cute days. I have 2 adult children. one seldom comes around and the other still lives here but works 2-3 jobs depending on the season and is finishing his senior year.  With the oldest (20) I am Mother. which drives me nuts. Which the other (18) he walks in the door... Hello beautiful. Always making sure his ma ma smiles. and always a hug and a kiss for me. my 15 yr old daughter stays in her room talking to her boyfriend as where the other spends most of her time at her moms or grammas. My baby (13) is finally weening from being a mamas boy. (much to dads delight). 

So it all varies with every child how the growing up and how much seperation there will be.

I hate the thought of an empty home. almost 3 years ago me and my husband split up for 7 months... in that time he was with another woman and she got pregnant. The Lord takes what satan sets out for harm and turns it into good. Me and hubby have no kids together. I cant have any more. We didnt really want any more. But that "affair" gave us a gift. A wonderful blessing of being able to raise a child together.  I kept telling my hubby when the kids didnt need me anymore I wanted to foster. now I dont need to. I have a gorgeous little girl calling me mama.

Good Morning Everyone!

Yes they do grow up quickly but each age has its own memories. And once they are grown up, as my 2 girls are, there is the wonderful experience of being a grandparent. I am having soooooo much fun with my 2 grandchildren and I am hoping for more.

I have some errands to run today, including a stop at the post office to mail our Queen's squares. I also need to stop at Joanns for some fabric and I have a gift card for Barnes and Noble where there is a sewing book I want to check out. Then there is the not so fun stop at the grocery store but I don't need to many things so it should be quick.The kids and grandkids will be here for dinner so the day will end with fun. 

Have a fantastic Friday everyone.

I need to go to Walmart as well but was hoping it has died down out there and not such big crowds.

Getting up and making bacon and pancakes . Then will do something like making cookies with the boys. Maybe some fudge. That's if I have all the stuff.

Need to get my grocery's for New Years dinner and a few things for the girls for New Year's Eve to munch on to watch the ball drop.

Hello Squares! Just got home and Kiddles is taking a much needed shower.....thought I'd pop on and say hi. Haven't read back the posts, no time right now, but I'll just say I missed you and will be back!

kuddles

wb Kuddles.  Hope u had a great time,

I dont know if we will be watching the ball drop on dick clarks new year or not. Miley Ciruss will be performing and God only knows what that woman (term used loosely) will do. Not sure i wanna subject my kids to her antics on new years eve.

hello everyone!! what a glorious today for late December, we broke a record, 61 degrees in late december, unbeleivable!!

Hi Kuddles, welcome back,

Hi Dragnlady, something great to be said about every age, it only gets better!

Hi carol, enjoy, and Sandra, fudge sounds good!

Everyone else, if I missed ya, sorry.... Hard to get all the posts read, and then try to remember to answer them too, sheesh, lol

Hey sandra, how is tank??? HOpe he recovered from his leg, did you ever know really what it was..

angel, we haven't heard from our reigning queen for a while.....are you still there, lol

Snowflake, do you have a forwarding address??? and are you still collecting cotton squares?

Grannyannie, how are you doing these days, Christmas rush is over, I always look forward to Christmas but I always am glad it's over somewhat too..

I packed away most of the things I had out this y ear, bundled up the cards, and banded them, took the wreath on the door down, but left the ones up outside for now.... and got it all to fit in one box, and one rather large paper gift bag, lol over the top of the door wreath to keep dust out...so that is all, and now we can cruise into New Years. I got into the habit of taking things down early, as when I worked, I had to do it when i could, soooo that was the first day off after Christmas, I guess....Im not sad it's down, but it does look a bit stark now, lol

I left the fake poinsettias out too, (cant have real, they are poisonous to cats!) soooo ,, got that out of the way, packaged up a couple things for donation day, on the first sat, of the month, craft room is still a mess, lol but I will get stuff out of there soon, one bag of donations here, some mailings there, you know....lol

Ok, well, time to get moving, and find something to do, you all have a great weekend, we're in for another record breaking warm day, so gonna be out enjoying it!

I will watch the ball drop and hope Miley Cyrus doesn't do anything stupid. We watch Dick Clark every year.

Great that you are back Kuddles and hope all went well to. Hope kiddles loved the trip.

Hi katy I haven't put nothing away yet and probably won't till the middle of Jan or heck maybe Feb. .o,e last year.

We never actually put our Christmas silverware or mugs away from 2012. The only reason we swapped the plates is that our cupboards are the most useless shape imaginable and it's actually most efficient to just store the off-season stuff in the back and pull it forward when the seasons change. :lol

Good morning squares!

Kiddles DID have a good holiday, lots of gifts she doesn't need from her family members.....and the candy/cookies! She and I both need to go on a diet now! Yikes!

Going out soon........I sold the teddy bear chenille bedspread in my destash shop and need to get it to the post office to mail! So glad it went! I plan to slash prices in my shop over this weekend on a few items, to get them moving! I have more fabric to post when I can...

Also the books/mags I posted here will be posted over on the destash thread here.....later today. I want to take pictures of them (in groups so less photos) and see if anyone wants anything.

My goal is to destash, earn a little money to help with bills, and make 2014 the year Kiddles and I enjoy to the max!

Hugs!

kuddles

Good morning! Planning to clean and crochet today, and if the weather stays nice (it's supposed to be about 50*) I'd like to get my bicycle out for a ride! My sister and I found a great bike trail in our hometown that is well paved and really scenic, so it's been a lot of fun. We rode about 10k on Thanksgiving morning, but the weather has been bad or super cold since then!

Good morning! Glad to here kuddles.

I plan on due stashing as well. I could use the money to help out as well . I need a washer and a freezer. I did however get a used washer for now. It's eight years old but it works thank goodness.

Tank is much better. The vet said his prostrate is swollen . Could be just because or a female in the area is in heat. So he gets fixed on Dec. 30th. Ouch. But needs to be done. Don't plan on letting him use it anyways. :)

With everyone talking about destashing, I realized that I have three 6 inch squares just sitting in a bag. I think I originally made them for charity, but I honestly have no idea at this point which one they need to go to. They're free to a good home! Since they're all the same colors, if you only want one or two of the group that's totally fine by me.

post-35506-0-79207300-1388242317_thumb.jpg

Archived