Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy New Year!

I made it til just past midnight with the grandkids but we didn't watch the ball drop. Instead we were watching Disney Jr. They are both still asleep on the living room floor so I am lying on the sofa playing on my phone. I'm afraid I'll wake them if I try to do anything . No big plans for today but I hope to watch the Rose parade on TV, the little ones like watching parades too.

Congratulations to our new queen grannyannie!

AngelRoseLite, did you receive the squares I sent?

Have a great first day of the new year everyone.

Congratulations grannyannie for being our queen in Jan. how exciting is that? Start the New Year off right.

Happy New Year katy.

I got up let the dogs potty put the ham in the oven and laid back down for a bit.

We did watch the ball drop but it wasn't the same this year.

I figured Ryan Seacrest would host it but nope. I really didn't like the change at all. They pretty much just gossiped .... I'm. To o to that crap at all even if it's stars. I wonder why they changed it up so much?

I see that Ryan Seacrest did host on ABC but hubby couldn't find it last night. Oh well we miss that but watched the ball drop on NBC that really stinks.

Happy New Year Everyone! And I must say I am humbled, but at the same time thrilled to accept the honor of queen square for the month of January.  What a wonderful way to start out the new year.  I am truly hopeful that this year will be a much better one for all of us.  Katie, my crown is beautiful!  Thank you so much for not making wear the diaper, I'll be in those soon enough, lol.

Hubby & I actually did stay up to see the ball drop at midnight.  I can't remember the last time we did that. We watched a movie together, had some cheesecake, mmmmm, (I'm so sick today, lol), and at 12:01 we were in bed! LOL! I hope you all are well, and had safe travels if you went out.  Once again, thank you, I look forward to this month and seeing what the year has to bring...

Good morning and Happy New Year! Well Kiddles went to bed at her usual 8 pm, I went in before 9 to read in bed and the light went off at 9:30! Did hear fireworks at midnight (that's what they do up here in the big city, yee haw). Kiddles 'allowed' me to stay in bed till 6:09, that is late for us. Since we didn't get much snow, we did go to the mall to walk, then Jewel to pick up a few groceries. I'm making us a small turkey breast for later with some mashed taters. My splurge is the reduced fat crescent rolls, just love those things!

Otherwise, hanging at home. She is watching a Heffalump movie (for those without kids, that is a winnie the pooh character). I'm so cold right now, can't get warm! It's a wet cold, more light snow now and through tomorrow. We are close to the lake so get lake effect snow. Goodie! No more than 6" total so that is good.

Ann, congrats!!!!! Much deserved!

Glad to hear all the stories of what you did last night, everyone!

Keep warm and safe and dry and I'll talk at ya later!

kuddles

Hi all, first of all, i watched ryan open the ceremonies, and couldn't tell ya what channel it was on, as I shortly fell asleep, ha ha, but awoke to the fireworks,,,,me big city too Kuddles, albeit the burbs of one, lol

Next, Happy New Year everyone, and hope all is safe and sound on this first day of the year....I decided I would try to keep a journal this year, just if it is only a couple lines, or a page, whatever... When I run out of this journal, I have another to use, so there ya go, two birds with one stone!!

Dh has decided he wlll try to quit smoking, BOUT TIME, i have asked for that for a few years as my Christmas MIracle  you know, I hate cig smoke, alergic to it, and he never smokes inside, so it is in and out when he is home, which is not good on utility bills either, so good thing all around, now i JUST HAVE TO SET MYSELF to the ready, for the irritable crabbiness, that usually accompanies quitting smoking, I know, I went through it many years ago, but If can do it, anyone can!! lol

Happy new Queendom to you Ann too, i hope you get so spoiled, lol

Pledging is open, and I pledge at least four or more!!!!!! 8 inch any color right ann, but your fav is purple and yellow??

I have a ham in the oven too Sandra, we had turkey on Thanksgiving, so Ham now, ha ha..Smells like it is getting done soon, early but that's fine, it will keep till we get hungry!

I was so congested and I couldn't sleep anymore, so was up about 7 or so, wanted to go back to bed, after I took some decongestant pills, but i seldom do. ONce Im up, Im up for the day, unless I am feeling really really bad, then I don't sleep, but lie there and listen to tv, lol with my eyes closed..I made a couple of squares, and then the pills started to work a bit so then I moved around more, and cleaned a bit, can't be starting the new year off with carpets that need vacuuming, dishes that need cleaned, and a cat box that needs scooped, lol that would not be a good start for the new year!

Ok well, everyone have a glorious day, we got about an inch of snow here, and now it seems to have left the area, so that is fine! I have some errands to run tomorrow,but today, nothing on the calendar, lol

take care, stay well!

winnie the pooh, winnie the pooh, chubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff,

he's winnie the pooh, winnie the pooh, willy nilly silly old bear!!!

,,,,,,lol Kuddles you have no idea how many times I used to have to sing that to dd, at bedtime, ha ha ha. thansk for the memories, I never heard of a Heffalump though..he he he.

Just thought I'd jump in to say Happy New Year to ya'll...Florida weather is comfortable and cooling...nothing unbearable..Hope the weather is great in your neck of the woods...We had a fabulous Christmas and a great New Years eve celebrating with my youngest GS...It has only been a year since we were included in his life... He just turned 8 on 12/27...What a joy it is to have him around...

Hope everyone has a prosperous and healthy 2014...I'm looking forward to it !!!

Hi, Ladies!

First of all, sorry I have been MIA. I've been really sick until recently. I'm 20 weeks pregnant (woohoo! half way done!) and baby is healthy. Baby wouldn't show "the goods" though so we don't know if its a boy or a girl. Little stinker had its legs clinched tightly shut! So, it looks like we will be Team Green until D-day.

Second, thank you Pineknot for the lovely Christmas card! It is nesting in my tree right now.

Third, I do have a bunch of squares to send out, but no money for postage. I'll send them out as soon as I can. Also, I just designed a new square http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/149695-dr-who-tardis-5-square/#entry2607345  Are there any Whovians in this CAL that would be interested in a 5" square? Or does anyone have any idea what I can do with it? I have an idea for a 10" square too.....

Congrats Cindy on baby. How exciting it must be.

Here are the blankets I said I would share.

The first one is a frog one for my sister.

Second one I crocheted for daughters bundle of joy in Feb.

Then a few I made for the puppies.

post-48736-0-26695300-1388629812_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-15371800-1388629841_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-23905200-1388629898_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-37507800-1388629933_thumb.jpg

A couple more for the puppies and the last one of the tie dye blanket is my youngest daughters .

Now you can see how I braided them and tied one.

post-48736-0-04476500-1388630052_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-22493900-1388630072_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-64872000-1388630095_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous blankeys Owlvamp.

OK who is ready to cry with me?

As you know I have been a bit in the dumps lately. Alot has been going on behind the scenes.

The new year has brought about some very NEW changes for me.

i left my husband today. I am tired of hurting all the time. Tired of biting my tounge and walking on egg shells.  My husband has been lieing to me for a long time. Even when he knows I know He still lies.  He is a drug user. He has become very controlling even as to what i can say and to whom i can say it to. I can't even say anything about not likeing the woman he had an affair with. He gets definsive of her. I am tired of playing second fiddle and watching him do everything he can to keep her happy and not give a crap about if I am upset.  He recently has decided I am not allowed to disapline his oldest child because she might move back in with her mom and that would be my fault. I am tired of not feeling any love from this man. The only time he tells me he loves me is bedtime or if one of us is leaving. also the only time i get a kiss then it is only ever a quick cant even take my eyes off the tv peck. I cant remember the last time he complimented me or said ty for anything. I can't do it anymore. it is tearing me up inside.

After our fight today he went over to the babies moms house and spent 3 hours. kinda funny he dont want to be with her but that is who he runs to first chance he got. so I am staying with a friend till i can find my own place. I will be ok. Kids are ok. Prayers are welcomed

Archived