Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Carol and mandy, and cindy!!

Kuddles, and owlvamp, my oh my what gorgeous work for both of you, i love it all, and what a terrific job you both did!

Hi everybody,
The weather is cold here and we think that there may be snow on Thursday. I am unable to change the size of the font or the color even though I am using the full editor. I had discovered that I could change the color and the font if I did not use the quick reply box, but instead used the full editor,and now for some reason, the full editor does not work for me.

Well, that is strange, I have no problem with it.......

Hi Julie, yep might be better that way, is it going to be hard on you as well, me thinks so.... and you are doing wht is best for you and your family, can't fault that! It will be fine, one baby step at a time!

Wow!!  Everyone is freezing cold, so it would seem rather balmy here at 43 degrees!  Don't be too jealous...temps are going to start dropping by the hour and by tomorrow it will be 3.  I guess that might still be considered really warm since a lot of you are experiencing -42 wind chill!!   Well, it was back to work for me today.  The kids are really talkative and do NOT want to be back in school.  I understand...getting back into the groove of things is always difficult.  The kids still don't know that I'm leaving to start a new job.  I was advised to not tell them until the day before I was leaving.  It's going to be a tough conversation to have, and I'm going to miss them tons, but this is what's best for my family, so...

Well, I'll try to pop in later.  Stay warm everyone!!

Gorgeous work, ladies!  Loving the eye candy :)

Here is what happens when I get an unexpected day at home: I line two crochet bags and set up myself to do more! The orange/yellow/pink bag, I made probably 2 years ago and it just needed lined! The colorful one, my FL friend sent me when I admired it when she posted it on facebook but needed lined and she doesn't do lining......I had the perfect fabric to line it! I think they are both outstanding if I do say so myself!

Three receiving blankets all in a bundle.

Then the four burp clothes.
Two more receiving blankets and a ducky quilt.

Beautiful work, kuddles and owlvamp!!

Happy to hear your mom made it home safely, Cindy!

It's getting pretty cold here. We're down to 28, and it's pretty windy!! It's suppose to get down to 3 tonight. School isn't cancelled for us, but we do have a 2 hour delay to try to wait for the temps to rise a bit. They've already called a 2 hour delay for Wednesday too.

My poor baby girl came home sick. (Ok, she's 14, but she's still my baby) I think it's the flu because that's what's going on around her school. She shouldn't have even gone to school today (she threw up this morning), but midterms are next week, and she didn't want to get behind. She said that when she got sick in the bathroom at school, all of the stalls were filled with girls getting sick at the same time. UGH!! She's staying home tomorrow, and guess what? No arguments this time. Go figure.

I'm off to work on a Hufflepuff scarf for one of my students. He begged me to make him one, and since my last day is next week, I need to get it done ASAP!!

Be safe and stay warm, All!!

Thanks for the kudos all!

Well my car won't start. It is -11 now and will get up to 4 above tomorrow for a high. I'm thinking I need a jump. So I hope the guys that work maintenance at the complex are around tomorrow and can do it. Otherwise, not sure.......

No school and no work tomorrow at least!

kuddles

Hi Gang! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I ended up staying in bed sick all day.  I'm feeling some better today, but had to go out to my regular Monday appt to have my port access changed.  Luckily it had warmed up while I was out there, but the temps are dropping again.  Looks like a lot of us are getting this crazy cold weather!

Kuddles and Owlvamp, love your work! 

Take care everyone and stay warm!

Ive been MIA for far too long, I appologize :( We have all been sick for the last week or so, and too darn busy for my owm good. Even when I was sick all day friday (flu) I still managed to get up and take care of my 2 boys friday night while they were sick and all day saturday. granted one of them is 11 and the other is 31, but its all the same a sick boy is too pitiful not to take care of. :(

hope you all are well, and staying warm and safe. :hug

I finished all burp clothes and receiving blankets. Now going to work on the diaper bag and then a tie blanket. Baby shower is this Saturday and it suppose to be up in the 60's so it won't be to bad out. It's freezing out there right now .. I know most are colder than me but still I'm freezing. LOL

Good morning. Its chilly here today (by south Florida standards).

Kuddles and Owlvamp, you ladies have been busy, everything looks wonderful.

Jilliepop and ImmaFreek, hope everyone is healthy soon.

Cindy, glad your mom made it home safely. My son-in-law had to get a new battery yesterday too but it had nothing to do with the weather.

GrannyAnnie, hope your feeling better.

Hello dragnlady, katyallen, angelroselite and I hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'm working today and then plan to go to the movies to see Saving Mr. Banks.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm.

Howdy all! Well today will be interesting since my car won't start. Hope to find someone to jump me, otherwise have to have it towed and probably a new battery put in which is pricey of course. Sigh......

-10 right now but gonna have a heat wave this afternoon at a whopping 4 degrees, that is above zero! Woot!

Glad to hear people checking in! We worry if you don't!

owlvamp - wow more great items! You rock!

Take care and keep us posted!

kuddles

Cindy glad your mom made it home safely.

cshort enjoy the movies.

kuddles love your heat wave. LOL. :)

Thank you all for the kind words.

Good morning all!

Kuddles and Owlvamp,really nice items  you both have created

its currently 17 feels like 0 with windchill,the weather will continue to be up and down,a warming trend later this week with 60's

it really needs to stabilize,not this 40-50 degree swings

Hi Mandy and pineknott...hoping that all is well in your part of the world.

ImmaFreek: Are you feeling better? How about the boys? Remember to balance taking care of them with taking care of yourself, too!!

Feel better, GrannyAnnie!!

Kuddles: I hope you got your car problem taken care of. It's frustrating when your car goes kaputt and you have places to be!!

dragnlady: I understand how miserable it is to go out in the cold to be at work, but you're doing a great service to those who need you!!

Beautiful work, owlvamp!! Love the burp cloths!!

How was the movie, cshort? I really want to see Saving Mr. Banks. Is it worth going to the theater, orwill I be just as happy waiting for it to come out on Netflix?

We had a two hour delay today, but I ended up coming home. After Thanksgiving, I was admitted to the hospital to have surgery on an abscess...I woke up this morning with another cyst like thing in the same area. UGH!! It's quite painful and gross...going to the doctor at 4. Hopefully, I can just take antibiotics and be done with it. Also, my baby girl is home with the flu, hubby went to work with the flu looking like death (he has midterms next week) and I went to bed/woke up with a fever, sinus issues, and aching all over. Not sure if it's the cyst/abcess/boil whatever or the flu too. Plus, when I woke up, we were having furnace issues. Hubby changed the filter, and we turned on the gas stove...hopefully the filter solved the problem. Having the propane tank filled today...don't want to be without gas!! I'm heading to bed to rest up before going to the doctor...he may have to lance the cyst in the office. Soooo gross!!

Take care, Squares!!

Good morning!

Hope to find someone to jump me, 

Okay.  So not going to go there...  :rofl

I hope you got your care going ;)

Hi Mandy and pineknott...hoping that all is well in your part of the world.

ImmaFreek: Are you feeling better? How about the boys? Remember to balance taking care of them with taking care of yourself, too!!

Feel better, GrannyAnnie!!

Kuddles: I hope you got your car problem taken care of. It's frustrating when your car goes kaputt and you have places to be!!

dragnlady: I understand how miserable it is to go out in the cold to be at work, but you're doing a great service to those who need you!!

Beautiful work, owlvamp!! Love the burp cloths!!

How was the movie, cshort? I really want to see Saving Mr. Banks. Is it worth going to the theater, orwill I be just as happy waiting for it to come out on Netflix?

We had a two hour delay today, but I ended up coming home. After Thanksgiving, I was admitted to the hospital to have surgery on an abscess...I woke up this morning with another cyst like thing in the same area. UGH!! It's quite painful and gross...going to the doctor at 4. Hopefully, I can just take antibiotics and be done with it. Also, my baby girl is home with the flu, hubby went to work with the flu looking like death (he has midterms next week) and I went to bed/woke up with a fever, sinus issues, and aching all over. Not sure if it's the cyst/abcess/boil whatever or the flu too. Plus, when I woke up, we were having furnace issues. Hubby changed the filter, and we turned on the gas stove...hopefully the filter solved the problem. Having the propane tank filled today...don't want to be without gas!! I'm heading to bed to rest up before going to the doctor...he may have to lance the cyst in the office. Soooo gross!!

Take care, Squares!!

Good luck!  It sounds painful.  

Oh my, AngelRoseLite.......that is too funny! Actually posted it on facebook and one of my friends started quite a tangent on me getting jumped! LOL

Well at 9 the mntce guy jumped my car. Woot! But almost didn't start so drove it to the nice car guys down the road and a friend brought me home. They will put in a new battery (they are quite busy, why I had to leave it) and she will drive me back to get the car. So even though it will be cold again tonite (not as bad) my car should start up tomorrow. We are back to work and school tomorrow.

Jillie - good luck at your appt........hugs!

Finished lining my 3 crochet bags! Woot! I feel great! No homes for these, I like to have completed projects on hand for gifts and sometimes I'm asked if I have any bags for sale and actually sell one or two along the way!

The second two are April Moreland's Tic Tac Tote....my absolute FAV purse/tote pattern! Love the overlay! The pinkish one...I added pony beads in the overlay for added zing.....thanks for looking at my pretties!

Hugs!

kuddles

post-17419-0-97176200-1389122225_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-83236200-1389122234_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-12567600-1389122241_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-80818100-1389122246_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-36801600-1389122253_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-70722200-1389122258_thumb.jpg

Oh my, AngelRoseLite.......that is too funny! Actually posted it on facebook and one of my friends started quite a tangent on me getting jumped! LOL

Well at 9 the mntce guy jumped my car. Woot! But almost didn't start so drove it to the nice car guys down the road and a friend brought me home. They will put in a new battery (they are quite busy, why I had to leave it) and she will drive me back to get the car. So even though it will be cold again tonite (not as bad) my car should start up tomorrow. We are back to work and school tomorrow.

Jillie - good luck at your appt........hugs!

Finished lining my 3 crochet bags! Woot! I feel great! No homes for these, I like to have completed projects on hand for gifts and sometimes I'm asked if I have any bags for sale and actually sell one or two along the way!

The second two are April Moreland's Tic Tac Tote....my absolute FAV purse/tote pattern! Love the overlay! The pinkish one...I added pony beads in the overlay for added zing.....thanks for looking at my pretties!

Hugs!

kuddles

I can imagine the comments!  :lol  

I am in love with your bags, especially the pink one.  I noticed that your other bags also had nylon straps.  Does the nylon come in rolls, or how do you buy it?  I imagine you use a sturdy needle on your machine when you sew them onto the bags.  I tried to sew the lining on mine with my machine, but the feed dogs catch the yarn.  Unfortunately, the feed dogs don't retract.  Is it by retracting them that you're able to sew the lining and handles with a machine?  Where did you get the strap for the pink bag?  Can you tell I'm in love with your bags?  

I know it's not nearly as brutally cold as in the rest of the country, but it's taken until noon today to feel that my room is bearable.  It's been colder than the ambient temperature outside.  I think I need thermals, lol.

Talk to you later, gals :)

Archived