Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Jilliepop,

hope you get relief soon

trying to finish up a book on tape that's due back Thursday,its the first of The Walk series,I'm hooked didn't realize there were a number of books to that series

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jillie, I am feeling almost 100%, still just quite tired. The boys are feeling better as well. I have heard about the balancing thing, but for the life of me cant seem to remember how that works LOL. :) I get my "me time" back when the kids are back in school, so I just have to hang in there until then.

:hug

wowzers!!!! Pretty eye candy, you sure have been feeding my sweet tooth lately, love your hard work SANDRA, and Kuddles, bags are to die for!!!
Im glad everyone is checking in too, we do have a tendancy to worry when we don't hear from you, lol

I can't possibly catch up with all the posts, but will say hello to all, and keep safe and warm.  I had battery  problems today as well, handydanman gave me a start, (did you all notice I steered clear of the word jump, he he he))

And if it doesn't start again when I need it, he is taking the battery back, its only a year old, and has a five year warranty, sooooooooooooooo. lol

Here is the list for what packages I sent out today, after I got going this am, lol

Ms. Kuddles, has one coming,

as does Syrenity, Jilliepop, Rusty's mom, Immafreak, and MsTabbies, is that seven, I sent out seven,  oh yeah, SNOWFLAKE too!!        so they said 3 days to delivery, sooooo heads up my squares!!!!!!!!!

I am keeping busy taking off pics from my computer, and getting the hard copies of them an order or two at a time, and then I can dump them from my computer, new year, you know, might as well have a clean slate!!!!!!

I think I am almost done, as I put most on photobucket, and process from there, as they have a print optioin, that I just adore, and it goes to our local cvs (pharmacy )for pick up!!

Whew, looks  like hot chicken noodle soup tonight, i made it yesterday, and got lots left, either that or we can have chilli, it's not as bad out today, so hopefully we are on the up and up with this polar express thing!!!!!!

all for now, gotta get a couple things organized here, and then in a while will decide on what we have for supper, lol

Take care all!

I can imagine the comments!   :lol

I am in love with your bags, especially the pink one.  I noticed that your other bags also had nylon straps.  Does the nylon come in rolls, or how do you buy it?  I imagine you use a sturdy needle on your machine when you sew them onto the bags.  I tried to sew the lining on mine with my machine, but the feed dogs catch the yarn.  Unfortunately, the feed dogs don't retract.  Is it by retracting them that you're able to sew the lining and handles with a machine?  Where did you get the strap for the pink bag?  Can you tell I'm in love with your bags?  

I know it's not nearly as brutally cold as in the rest of the country, but it's taken until noon today to feel that my room is bearable.  It's been colder than the ambient temperature outside.  I think I need thermals, lol.

Talk to you later, gals :)

Thanks! Yes webbing is not the nylon kind, it is a cotton type and comes on a roll. I bought mine on line years ago (stocked up on several colors) but Joanns sells it as does Hobby Lobby. At least a few colors!

I have no trouble sewing on the machine and no I wouldn't even know how to retract those doggies! I do have to 'help' it move along but otherwise, no issues.

Thanks again!

kuddles

Katie! Thanks for the kudos and thanks for the package sent! How fun!

Well, the good news is my car has a new battery, the bad news, $125 on the credit card. Ouch! But necessary so........

It made it up to zero here! Woot! Having a heat waaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee.........................

kuddles

wowzers!!!! Pretty eye candy, you sure have been feeding my sweet tooth lately, love your hard work SANDRA, and Kuddles, bags are to die for!!!

Im glad everyone is checking in too, we do have a tendancy to worry when we don't hear from you, lol

I can't possibly catch up with all the posts, but will say hello to all, and keep safe and warm.  I had battery  problems today as well, handydanman gave me a start, (did you all notice I steered clear of the word jump, he he he))

Smart girl, smart girl ;)

Keep safe and as warm as possible, ladies.  I wish I had a huge home and a huge bank account to just fly you all over until it's all over.  It's overcast today, but I'm sure many of you prefer gray skies to absolute white-out.  

I got a package from katyallen today!!! Thank you so much! That makes six 6-in squares. Woohoo! 

It was supposed to be at least 30 degrees colder than it ended up being today. Not complaining except the fact that my bank was closed because they were expecting another day of dangerous temps so I couldn't deposit my paycheck to keep our account positive. Argh! It seems like there is always something to sabotage our efforts to keep the account in the black. 

I need more hours. There is nothing I can do about it. I am a contractor through an agency. Its pretty much the only work I can get right now with a temporary license (for sign language interpreting). The owner is pretty good about spreading the work around, but she can only give me jobs I qualify for, which isn't a lot. It puts me in a hopeless spiral. I need more experience before I can take my exam to become permanently licensed, but I'm not qualified for enough of the jobs around here, limiting my exposure to experience. Rock and a hard place. Sigh. To give you an idea of how little work I've gotten recently, my last paycheck was only $36...and I make $18/hr.

Hi Mandy and pineknott...hoping that all is well in your part of the world.

ImmaFreek: Are you feeling better? How about the boys? Remember to balance taking care of them with taking care of yourself, too!!

Feel better, GrannyAnnie!!

Kuddles: I hope you got your car problem taken care of. It's frustrating when your car goes kaputt and you have places to be!!

dragnlady: I understand how miserable it is to go out in the cold to be at work, but you're doing a great service to those who need you!!

Beautiful work, owlvamp!! Love the burp cloths!!

How was the movie, cshort? I really want to see Saving Mr. Banks. Is it worth going to the theater, orwill I be just as happy waiting for it to come out on Netflix?

We had a two hour delay today, but I ended up coming home. After Thanksgiving, I was admitted to the hospital to have surgery on an abscess...I woke up this morning with another cyst like thing in the same area. UGH!! It's quite painful and gross...going to the doctor at 4. Hopefully, I can just take antibiotics and be done with it. Also, my baby girl is home with the flu, hubby went to work with the flu looking like death (he has midterms next week) and I went to bed/woke up with a fever, sinus issues, and aching all over. Not sure if it's the cyst/abcess/boil whatever or the flu too. Plus, when I woke up, we were having furnace issues. Hubby changed the filter, and we turned on the gas stove...hopefully the filter solved the problem. Having the propane tank filled today...don't want to be without gas!! I'm heading to bed to rest up before going to the doctor...he may have to lance the cyst in the office. Soooo gross!!

Take care, Squares!!

I hope all went well at the doctor, hope everyone is feeling better too.

Oh my, AngelRoseLite.......that is too funny! Actually posted it on facebook and one of my friends started quite a tangent on me getting jumped! LOL

Well at 9 the mntce guy jumped my car. Woot! But almost didn't start so drove it to the nice car guys down the road and a friend brought me home. They will put in a new battery (they are quite busy, why I had to leave it) and she will drive me back to get the car. So even though it will be cold again tonite (not as bad) my car should start up tomorrow. We are back to work and school tomorrow.

Jillie - good luck at your appt........hugs!

Finished lining my 3 crochet bags! Woot! I feel great! No homes for these, I like to have completed projects on hand for gifts and sometimes I'm asked if I have any bags for sale and actually sell one or two along the way!

The second two are April Moreland's Tic Tac Tote....my absolute FAV purse/tote pattern! Love the overlay! The pinkish one...I added pony beads in the overlay for added zing.....thanks for looking at my pretties!

Hugs!

kuddles

Those are beautiful bags!

Well, the good news is my car has a new battery, the bad news, $125 on the credit card. Ouch! But necessary so........

It made it up to zero here! Woot! Having a heat waaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee.........................

kuddles

Ouch on the car battery! But yes those things are necessary.

I got a package from katyallen today!!! Thank you so much! That makes six 6-in squares. Woohoo! 

It was supposed to be at least 30 degrees colder than it ended up being today. Not complaining except the fact that my bank was closed because they were expecting another day of dangerous temps so I couldn't deposit my paycheck to keep our account positive. Argh! It seems like there is always something to sabotage our efforts to keep the account in the black. 

I need more hours. There is nothing I can do about it. I am a contractor through an agency. Its pretty much the only work I can get right now with a temporary license (for sign language interpreting). The owner is pretty good about spreading the work around, but she can only give me jobs I qualify for, which isn't a lot. It puts me in a hopeless spiral. I need more experience before I can take my exam to become permanently licensed, but I'm not qualified for enough of the jobs around here, limiting my exposure to experience. Rock and a hard place. Sigh. To give you an idea of how little work I've gotten recently, my last paycheck was only $36...and I make $18/hr.

Hi Cindy, hope work picks up for you soon.

Hello everyone! I am new to Crochetville and am very excited to start making friends with the same passion for crocheting that I have.

Catherine

Welcome to the Ville.

Hello, Katyallen, angleroselite, owlvamp, drangnlady5, pineknott and Immafreek.

I really enjoyed the movie last night, Mary Poppins is my favorite Disney movie and I knew a little bit of the background but not all of it. It's a typical Wed. here, work, dinner with part of my family and then youth group at church.

Have a great day!

Good morning!

Thanks to the addl kudos on my bags!

And for feeling my pain on the expense of a new battery!

Back to work and school today and Kiddles NEEDS to go! Too much time off....and too much time alone with me!

Still having 'weather' here so still need to take it slow.....please make sure you all do as well and stay safe...and warm!

kuddles

13 degrees out this morning. No school still. Indiana is supposed to be getting a waiver so the kids dont have to make these days up. 

Last night was the first night I didnt wake up angry at the husband in the middle of the night. He text me this morning woke me up and fixed that lol.  I know you all dont want all the sorted details, but wow how can some people be so stupid. 

Kuddles stay warm and becareful

cshort I would love to see the new Disney movie

Crochet freak ,,,,,,,  Welcome  :cheer  :welcome

Cindy I pray u get more hours.

And yes I too avoided the "jump me" Joke

Everyone else get better, stay warm, have fun and love ya all  :manyheart

Hello everyone! I am new to Crochetville and am very excited to start making friends with the same passion for crocheting that I have.

Catherine

Welcome you will love it here . Katie loves new blood! LOL

13 degrees out this morning. No school still. Indiana is supposed to be getting a waiver so the kids dont have to make these days up. 

Last night was the first night I didnt wake up angry at the husband in the middle of the night. He text me this morning woke me up and fixed that lol.  I know you all dont want all the sorted details, but wow how can some people be so stupid. 

Kuddles stay warm and becareful

cshort I would love to see the new Disney movie

Crochet freak ,,,,,,,  Welcome  :cheer  :welcome

Cindy I pray u get more hours.

And yes I too avoided the "jump me" Joke

Everyone else get better, stay warm, have fun and love ya all  :manyheart

Hopefully children can get back to school soon. Here we just had a two hour delay yesterday. It's suppose to warm up as each day goes by.

I hope you are staying strong and know you are loved here and you can do it. Well you are doing it I should say .

Hello everyone else. Hope you all are safe and warm.

kuddles love your bag. They are beautiful.

Hi Squares!  I'm up and about, can't say much more than that.  Hubby needs me so I'm trying to be up for him.  He is having a really hard time dealing with things.  I don't know if I told you guys or not, but he's been out of work since Nov.  He had a  breakdown and has since been diagnosed with PTSD, all related to his job.  This week has been especially hard.  If you are inclinded to please say a prayer for him.  He is such a wonderful man and has helped me through so much.  It just breaks my heart to see him going thru this.  As for me, eh, I'm getting by.  Did very little knitting  and no crocheting yesterday.  By the time I got up (7:30pm) I just didn't have it in me.  I watched some tv and went back to bed until 9:45am today!  Geez, you'd think that would be enough sleep, lol.  Lupus has it's ugly grips around me and won't let go.  Hopefully it will ease in a few days.  I do feel like getting some crocheting done, so I'll try to work on that as soon as I get off of here.  Hopefully hubby will be ok for a while so I can get some work done.  He needs to talk a lot and I put everything down when he needs me.  Hey, we're having a heat wave today!  It's up to 16 degrees!!!  Woot!!! LOL!  Poor Juno, our little 3yr old furbaby needs to carried part way back to the house when hubby brings her out to do her duty.  Her little paws just can't take the cold!  Good thing I made her a coat last year.  Well take care my dear subjects and stay warm.!  OH!  Did you notice that my multi-quote is working?  I'm on my desk top computer, not my laptop, that's why, lol!  I still haven't figure out the problem on that one.  I think someone said it has to do with IE 11.  UGH!

Ive been MIA for far too long, I appologize :( We have all been sick for the last week or so, and too darn busy for my owm good. Even when I was sick all day friday (flu) I still managed to get up and take care of my 2 boys friday night while they were sick and all day saturday. granted one of them is 11 and the other is 31, but its all the same a sick boy is too pitiful not to take care of. :(

hope you all are well, and staying warm and safe. :hug

Good to see you.  Hope you're feeling better!

The last four burp clothes.

The next is the two receiving blankets.

Love your burp cloths!  You do wonderful work!

Good morning. Its chilly here today (by south Florida standards).

Kuddles and Owlvamp, you ladies have been busy, everything looks wonderful.

Jilliepop and ImmaFreek, hope everyone is healthy soon.

Cindy, glad your mom made it home safely. My son-in-law had to get a new battery yesterday too but it had nothing to do with the weather.

GrannyAnnie, hope your feeling better.

Hello dragnlady, katyallen, angelroselite and I hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'm working today and then plan to go to the movies to see Saving Mr. Banks.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm.

Ooohhh, how was the movie?  I probably won't see it until it comes out on DVD, but you never know I just might be able to convince hubby to go to a theatre, lol.

Howdy all! Well today will be interesting since my car won't start. Hope to find someone to jump me, otherwise have to have it towed and probably a new battery put in which is pricey of course. Sigh......

-10 right now but gonna have a heat wave this afternoon at a whopping 4 degrees, that is above zero! Woot!

Glad to hear people checking in! We worry if you don't!

owlvamp - wow more great items! You rock!

Take care and keep us posted!

kuddles

Jump you?  OMG!  Too funny!  Sorry about having to get a new battery and the $$$.  Woot for the heat wave!!!

Hi Mandy and pineknott...hoping that all is well in your part of the world.

ImmaFreek: Are you feeling better? How about the boys? Remember to balance taking care of them with taking care of yourself, too!!

Feel better, GrannyAnnie!!

Kuddles: I hope you got your car problem taken care of. It's frustrating when your car goes kaputt and you have places to be!!

dragnlady: I understand how miserable it is to go out in the cold to be at work, but you're doing a great service to those who need you!!

Beautiful work, owlvamp!! Love the burp cloths!!

How was the movie, cshort? I really want to see Saving Mr. Banks. Is it worth going to the theater, orwill I be just as happy waiting for it to come out on Netflix?

We had a two hour delay today, but I ended up coming home. After Thanksgiving, I was admitted to the hospital to have surgery on an abscess...I woke up this morning with another cyst like thing in the same area. UGH!! It's quite painful and gross...going to the doctor at 4. Hopefully, I can just take antibiotics and be done with it. Also, my baby girl is home with the flu, hubby went to work with the flu looking like death (he has midterms next week) and I went to bed/woke up with a fever, sinus issues, and aching all over. Not sure if it's the cyst/abcess/boil whatever or the flu too. Plus, when I woke up, we were having furnace issues. Hubby changed the filter, and we turned on the gas stove...hopefully the filter solved the problem. Having the propane tank filled today...don't want to be without gas!! I'm heading to bed to rest up before going to the doctor...he may have to lance the cyst in the office. Soooo gross!!

Take care, Squares!!

OMGoodness, you sure have had your share!  I hope you are feeling better and have some heat too! (((hugs)))

Oh my, AngelRoseLite.......that is too funny! Actually posted it on facebook and one of my friends started quite a tangent on me getting jumped! LOL

Well at 9 the mntce guy jumped my car. Woot! But almost didn't start so drove it to the nice car guys down the road and a friend brought me home. They will put in a new battery (they are quite busy, why I had to leave it) and she will drive me back to get the car. So even though it will be cold again tonite (not as bad) my car should start up tomorrow. We are back to work and school tomorrow.

Jillie - good luck at your appt........hugs!

Finished lining my 3 crochet bags! Woot! I feel great! No homes for these, I like to have completed projects on hand for gifts and sometimes I'm asked if I have any bags for sale and actually sell one or two along the way!

The second two are April Moreland's Tic Tac Tote....my absolute FAV purse/tote pattern! Love the overlay! The pinkish one...I added pony beads in the overlay for added zing.....thanks for looking at my pretties!

Hugs!

kuddles

Wow, love your bags!  The pink one is my fav!  Luv, luv, luv!

kuddles

Ouch!   But at least you have a driveable car again...

Smart girl, smart girl ;)

Keep safe and as warm as possible, ladies.  I wish I had a huge home and a huge bank account to just fly you all over until it's all over.  It's overcast today, but I'm sure many of you prefer gray skies to absolute white-out.  

Oh, how I wish so too, lol!

Praying that you get more hours soon... (((hugs)))

Catherine

Welcome!!!

Thank yall for the warm welcome! Can someone tell me a little bit about what this group is about?

If you are interested in receiving squares to make an afghan, message katyallen with what size and color squares you would like to receive, along with mailing information, and she will put you on the list on the first page (sans mailing info). Then someone can make a square or mulitple squares for you. They will either message you or katyallen for your mailing info. Then, in a few days, you will receive a puffy envelope with pretty squares inside! It is recommended to message the person a thank you or post a thank you here on the thread. We LOVE pictures of squares (though, not required)! When your afghan is done, we definitely want to see pics of that too!

Or, you can just send squares. There are ladies on here that just love to make squares for people. Or you can do both! Don't worry about your crochet skills being "sub par" or "too basic", or whatever (I don't know your skill level). We will be happy to receive anything. After all, the point of the friendshipghan is to have a blanket full of squares from across the country and around the world, each with love poured into them. Basic or fancy, they are all loved and appreciated!

Meanwhile, we love to chat about anything and everything. Feel free to jump in, if you feel comfortable doing so! But don't feel bad if your aren't chatty. We understand. We are a supportive bunch. Also feel free to ask any questions you need to. We will help!

Welcome to Crochetville! I hope you enjoy yourself here. 

:clap  :clap had a morning of freedom :clap  :clap

went for my B-12 shot at 9 and did a postal run,grannie Annie your queenship squares are on their way,they say Saturday.

then on to the dollar store for cards,and walmart for laces for hubby's shoes,couldn't believe they raised the yarn prices again in a matter of days,a couple  of days ago it was at 2.47,today at 2.77 dang it!! But found out wonderful news,we are getting our fabric section,gosh how I missed that

well, hello all!!! first of all, hello to all your regs, read your posts, and honestly don't remember whom all to comment on, other than saying hello and oh yes, dragnlady, stay strong darlin, we are with you either way it goes!

Granny, happy to see your post, have you received anything from me yet, I mailed a while ago.

Kuddles, my car was fine today, so i think the cold just zapped it...I dont usually go far, or drive long, so it got drained from the cold, but is fine today.

uh, carol, sounds like a winning movie, have see the Carrie Underwood version, and the original, liked them both..

Hi Sandra,hope all is well for you and doggies!!

Hi Jilliepop, and whomever had the cold doggie feet, Ann I think, my dh shovels a wide path in the back yard every time it snows, our doggie, although fairly larger than yours, doesn't like snow collecting in her paws either!! the things we do for pets, huh. lol

Pineknott, good for y ou, are you a fabric person too, ha ha ha....Im not in fact, but Kuddles and angel, and Owlvamp might be fabricaholics, lol

Cindy cindy cindy, I honestly coudln't have said it any better, to our newest maybe member Crochetfreak! i do hope she decides to join us, and thank you so much for jumping in and explaining things to her!! Like I said, i coulnd'nt have said it better!!! thank you again, for steppin up and letting her know some basics!!!!!

I look forward to warmer days coming up now, the rest of the week seems more do'able!!

Hope i got most that commented, if not, forgive me...Take care all, and all of you needing a hug,,,,,consider it done!!!!! :hug

well, hello all!!! first of all, hello to all your regs, read your posts, and honestly don't remember whom all to comment on, other than saying hello and oh yes, dragnlady, stay strong darlin, we are with you either way it goes!

Granny, happy to see your post, have you received anything from me yet, I mailed a while ago.

Kuddles, my car was fine today, so i think the cold just zapped it...I dont usually go far, or drive long, so it got drained from the cold, but is fine today.

uh, carol, sounds like a winning movie, have see the Carrie Underwood version, and the original, liked them both..

Hi Sandra,hope all is well for you and doggies!!

Hi Jilliepop, and whomever had the cold doggie feet, Ann I think, my dh shovels a wide path in the back yard every time it snows, our doggie, although fairly larger than yours, doesn't like snow collecting in her paws either!! the things we do for pets, huh. lol

Pineknott, good for y ou, are you a fabric person too, ha ha ha....Im not in fact, but Kuddles and angel, and Owlvamp might be fabricaholics, lol

Cindy cindy cindy, I honestly coudln't have said it any better, to our newest maybe member Crochetfreak! i do hope she decides to join us, and thank you so much for jumping in and explaining things to her!! Like I said, i coulnd'nt have said it better!!! thank you again, for steppin up and letting her know some basics!!!!!

I look forward to warmer days coming up now, the rest of the week seems more do'able!!

Hope i got most that commented, if not, forgive me...Take care all, and all of you needing a hug,,,,,consider it done!!!!! :hug

I don't sew as much anymore,but when the bug hits me,I like to be able to have fabric available close by and not an hr away

Yep I'm addict to yarn and fabric. I never have enough even though I have to reign myself in.

I love doing crafts and love helping others.

grannyannie prayers are being sent your way along with lots of hugs. Hope it gets better soon. What is PTSD? I just can't think of what it means off hand.

Well here is a couple decorations daughter and I made for the baby shower Saturday. It defitintly was a trying moment with them. Each one needed four receiving blankets and instead of me buying them I used the ones I made except mine were much bigger than the stores. I made two work for the wheels but had to use a pillow case for the handle bars and to connect the wheels. Lessened learned there and daughter used ribbon on hers instead of the pillow case to connect. I love the turn out and will do again.

Then I finished the diaper bag. Only thing left is the tie blanket and thank goodness I'm finished and now need to wrap and put so e in gift bags. I'm extremely excited.

post-48736-0-46607600-1389216998_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-08000900-1389217014_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-46846100-1389217034_thumb.jpg

Hello My name is Kristy and I am a yarn addict and proud.  I dont want chips or tokens or certificates as to how long I have been yarnless.   And if you ever see me sitting on the street begging for money... Just know this,,,,, I will spend it on yarn. And then make food items lol

Hello My name is Kristy and I am a yarn addict and proud.  I dont want chips or tokens or certificates as to how long I have been yarnless.   And if you ever see me sitting on the street begging for money... Just know this,,,,, I will spend it on yarn. And then make food items lol

too funny!!!!!!!

Archived