Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! The St. Louis metro area (aka where I live) is expected to get 8-12 inches of snow, and the last time I checked, the high on Monday will be 0. I LOVE winter, but 0 is even too cold for me!!!

Hope everyone is doing well--I'm planning on staying indoors this weekend!

Oh I sure hope so!!! It was out this morning and is now cloudy.....Snow supposed to start around 4 pm. Kiddles and I took our walk, went to the grocery store and are now home, perhaps in till Tuesday! We'll see!

kuddles the sunshine will come back before you know it. :)

Almost carbon copy of here. Except our high on Monday is minus 10. Uh, really??

20 degrees right now Tomorrow our low will be -9 Monday our high will be -5..  BRRRRRRRRRRR.  We r expexting 5-9 inches

Stay safe! Yes, staying in is very smart!

Good morning! The St. Louis metro area (aka where I live) is expected to get 8-12 inches of snow, and the last time I checked, the high on Monday will be 0. I LOVE winter, but 0 is even too cold for me!!!

Hope everyone is doing well--I'm planning on staying indoors this weekend!

Yes angel, they make potassium supplements. But best to get it naturally as your body will absorb it quicker, and more thoroughly, Im not a doctor, but I play one on tv!!!!!! kidding, it's what my mom always said....

Hi to all and hello to the deep freeze, kuddles your weather is our weather, -12, too cold during the night for anything to survive!!

I have a new addy on snowflake by the way, as she says she is still collecting cotton squares, but does not have internet right now, so if anyone besides me has some to send her way, pm me for the addy. Thank you!

So glad the doggies are feeling better sandra!

Everyone keep warm this coming week, stay in if you can, and if you have to go out, please be careful. I saw to the east how bad they are getting it, and shy town too, so everyone central and midwest, and east, and even into Tn.      cold and snowy!!!!!!!

Wait, wait, wait!  Hold the presses!  Just one more weather report:  Bellflower, CA:  Currently at 62, high of 68.  Don't hate me, please ;)  Believe me when I say that I'd rather be in the snow.  Yeah, I was born and raised here, but I've always gotten along better in the colder climes, even health-wise.  When I have enough money, I'll spend a winter in a nice snowy place.

I'm trying to add bananas to my meals, but I think my body won't handle the reaction much more.  I hate allergies.  Don't go thinking it's one of those where I can't breathe.  It will be if I continue.  I just have a ruined digestive system.  What can I say.  Poor mom thought she was doing her two-month-old baby a favor.  Oh, well.

What is everyone up to today?  Owlvamp and all of you ladies that sew, I'm so jealous.  It takes me forever to sew anything because I wonder if I'm doing it right, if I need extra stuff to reinforce the material, if the stitch is the right stitch.  Really, would it be so hard to give a semester of sewing classes around here?  I haven't found any.

I'm off to watch the new episode of Dracula.  That Jonathan Rhys Meyers -- yum!

Hi all! Hope everyone "over the pond" is doing ok. :)

The weather here is miserable. Just rain and winds. I wish it would snow! I love the snow.

I'm pledging 2 squares for Ann. Good to get back into it and who better than with squares for our new Biggest Square. :):hug I am also going to try and catch up on other Biggest Squares. I've been buying alot of Aran recently which is our equiv. of WW so I've got a good assortment of colours now. :yay

Hi everybody,

It is cold here. It started off below freezing here and it is now above freezing but not much. The high was forecast to get to 41 F but I don't think that it got that high. I am thankful that I have a nice warm house to stay in with my Rusty. 

I received the squares GrannieAnnie sent me yesterday. Thanks Ann, they are beautiful! 

Part of what I received for Christmas was a gift card from my sis-in-law Mary but I am confused on the amout.  The card says "$10 toward a purchase of $50 or more at GiftTree.com." What I am confused about is the way the amout is stated--do I have to spend $50 of my money to get a $10 discount or is the gift card for $50? I am not sure about what happens to the $10 then, but the way I read the message on the card is: the company gives a $10 discount if you (or I) spends $50. I get that part, but did my sis-in-law buy a gift card for $10 or a gift card for $50? Could any of you bright ladies help with this problem? I hope so.  The card doesn't expire until May 31 of this year, so at least if we can't figure this out, I can ask my brother David or my sis-in-law. Stay warm everybody! By the way, snow is in the forecast for next Thursday. Here in Georgia 'way below Atlanta. 

Jeannie

Hi ya rusty's mom,

Should be a way to check the amount, a phone number, toll free probably that you call, on the back of the card that you put in the card number when prompted  and wala,you get the balance, I would look for that, otherwise, ask her what that means, lol I never saw one like that before, maybe she got the 10 dollar card, when SHE bought 50 dollars worth, I don't know, let us know when you get the answer, lol curiouser and curiouser!!

I finished four receiving blankets today. Getting ready to start on the next one and then need to tie a blanket and get the diaper bag started. I love sewing and pretty much taught myself to do it. Mom just hemmed pants. Something I despise to do.

Hi guys!  this is the 4th time I've tried posting.  They keep disappearing.  I don't have it in me to go back thru everything, I,m so sorry.  we have the -15 degree temps.too.  cold, tired, thinking of you all, trying to crochet/knit.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Hugs....

'm trying to add bananas to my meals, but I think my body won't handle the reaction much more.  I hate allergies.  Don't go thinking it's one of those where I can't breathe.  It will be if I continue.  I just have a ruined digestive system.  What can I say.  Poor mom thought she was doing her two-month-old baby a favor.  Oh, well.

Since bananas are giving you problems...

I just googled the top 10 foods highest in potassium:

All of these have more potassium than a banana (422 mg)!

White beans--1 cup cooked--1004 mg--all other beans are really good too; better than bananas.

Dark leafy greens (spinach)--1 cup cooked--839 mg--Swiss Chard is good too! 

Baked potato with skin--926 mg

Baked acorn squash--1 cup cubed--899 mg

Dried apricots--1/2 cup--755 mg

Yogurt, plain--1 cup--625 mg

Salmon--one 3-oz fillet--534 mg

Avocado--1/2 cup pureed--558 mg

Mushrooms--1 cup sliced--428 mg

Well howdy all! Woke up to about another 6 inches of snow.....this time of year makes me glad to live in a condo so I scoop nothing! It's a balmy 17 out......I think Kiddles and I will run to the mall to walk a bit later then I will hit Joanns where the RHSS is on sale and I have a 25% off entire purchase coupon. I want to get a few of the colors I use all the time.....

Then back home to stay! Since we are to get another 4 inches and the temps drop throughout the day, once we get home, we will be home probably till Tuesday. I really hope they cancel school that day too, it will still be dangerously cold out there! I feel bad for pets and homeless at times like this, I pray they all stay safe!

Oh and finished another daisy square last nite. Feels good to be crocheting again. Sad it was because we got rid of Lucky but from the last I heard from the new owner, he is thriving and happy so I'm happy for him!

Hugs!

kuddles

kuddles how do you make the daisy square? It is beautiful and would love to try it. Was it hard?

I will take pictures today. I finished five receiving blankets and prepped a few more like five and then five burp clothes and a sucky quilt I finished and just need to sew the binding on. I accomplished a lot yesterday. Just need to fold laundry today.

kuddles how do you make the daisy square? It is beautiful and would love to try it. Was it hard?

I will take pictures today. I finished five receiving blankets and prepped a few more like five and then five burp clothes and a sucky quilt I finished and just need to sew the binding on. I accomplished a lot yesterday. Just need to fold laundry today.

You can get the pattern on ravelry.....start there. It is tricky the first time but once I 'got it', I can do it easily. I love how the tips of the petals stick up a bit....makes for a 3D look.

Get the pattern, grab a hook and give it a try!

kuddles

Good morning! We have a TON of snow right now and the roads are really bad! They are predicting that the St. Louis area is going to get 8-12 inches today and some areas may see closer to 15 inches. My sister and I have a roast in the crock pot for dinner, and we're staying in and crocheting and working on our puzzle!

Yikes Mandy! Stay safe!

Kiddles and I went out to the mall and dropped into Walmart/Joanns quickly. Back home now and won't be leaving! My work just called, we are indeed closed tomorrow and maybe Tuesday. Waiting for Kiddles school to announce they are closed....everyone else has already, just not theirs! Come on Dist 118!

kuddles

I'm just posting these for CindySweetThings to see. :)
Pictures of Felicia dressed as an Ewok for a sci-fi convention.

post-54070-0-61447200-1388952056_thumb.jpg

post-54070-0-93691000-1388952100_thumb.jpg

I think I may have posted them before but this is the kind of thing I do with my sewing machine... make cosplay outfits for kids.

Hope everyone is ok. Been busy on some squares today as well as finishing a doily. Once the Skoglets have gone to bed, I'm doing some studying. Oh yay! How I hate accounting stuff! :(

Archived