Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok ladies looking for a hat pattern.  Or even if you just know what I need to do for it.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/149645-looking-for-hat-pattern/

I would make a normal beanie and the eyes and then cut lengths, fold them in half, insert them where you want the hair, and then pull the ends through the folded loop.  After adding in the hair, I'd split the plies to finish off the hair.  I think she used a chunkier yarn than the typical DK used in the UK.

Viking cute potty story. Thanks for sharing.  I miss not being around little ones anymore.  I spent a lot of time with my niece and nephew when they were little and especially over Christmas break.   

Owlvamp your used washer may last longer than a new one will.  Hope Tank is doing okay. 

Katie, our weather is the same as yours but about a day later.  The ruffled scarves were a big hit at Christmas.  The blue one has been the most popular color.

I admit that I sometimes too fall asleep while crocheting.  Looks like I am in good company. 

I feel a little down when Christmas is over and especially this year.  I guess I like getting ready and looking forward to it.  I like my tree and decorations and really hate putting them away.  In my world I would have a large room where Christmas would be out year round.  Instead I am facing the fact that eventually I will have to downsize and decide what will have to go. 

hi Bgs, and everyone...

Yes, I agree Brenda, the scarves WERE a HUGE hit here as well, to those that got them!! I have worn mine many times, and get so many nice compliments on it!! I kept two of the ones i made, cause they both matched different coats too, soooo I now own three, or is it four, he he he.

That sure seems like a lot of hat for such a small young baby, wow...Im still wondering how they got the baby "propped" on his or her hands like that!!!!!!!

Had a huge lunch today with dd, she had to renew her license, but we couldn't even find a place to park, so she is going early tomorrow morning at a different location....I don't know where she gets her impatience............

anyway, had a good lunch anyway, and won't feel like anything till way later tonight, or not at all, lol

other than that, cold out still but wind has died a bit, which makes it better, no sun today, peeked a tiny bit through a cloud for like 10 seconds a couple times today, but never came back to stay...

all for now...

Hi all!

Remember me? :)
Well, I wanted to say that I'm back!

I'm really sorry for going AWOL but everything keeps getting on top of me and I keep sinking. :lol Things still aren't the best over here at Chez Skoggy but I am wanting to get back into the swing of things here with all you lovely ladies. :hug
I hope you still have a place for me around the fire. :)

Seems the general trend of the answers to the question I asked (if you could talk to anyone that has passed on, who would it be and why) is relatives that for some reason or another, we didn't get to spend much time with....That's human nature I guess, and all good answers!  I always wished for a brother that had my back, never got one though, and my mom and grandma too, along with my dad, I would have to pick three, lol   

I said I was going, and now I shall go for a while, and tend to other things, keep well all!

Skoggy, howdy! Although I keep up with you on facebook so that is cool!

Up to 15, back down tonite in the single digits, then snow tomorrow evening into New Years Day and could get 6 inches. Glad I go nowhere on New Years Eve and won't be leaving the house the next day either!

Stay warm, dry and happy!

kuddles

Aw, look at the little Skoglets! They're so cute! ^_^

Dragn, I think DK weight is a bit lighter than worsted weight, but I'd probably just sub in worsted myself. Of course, my tendency to neglect gauge has led to a lot of frogging for me. ;P

Ok, so I found that conversation from before. I really have been wanting to share it just because - just never got around to it! This took place during a weekend at my parents, as I was packing up the sofa bed that my husband and I use there.

*in super excited "take that!" voice* "I'm wifting you up, Mommy's bed! I'm wifting you up! Dere! Now you are in da couch, Mommy's bed!"

"Yep, it is. Do you want to help me put the cushions back on?"

"No, I want Mommy's bed to tawk to me."

*squeaky couch voice* "Oh, would you help put the cushions back on me?"

*cheerful, solicitous voice* "Yes! Here you go! Here you go, Mommy's bed! Now you have cushions on you!

Dere's just, just a wittle bit weft; now, you have cushions on you! Now, you wook wike a couch! For me to dance on.

Hey! Hey, I want Mommy's bed to tawk to me!"

*trying to muffle hysterical laughter* "Sorry, hun, Mommy's bed is a little overwhelmed right now."

This was sometime back in October and it still makes me snrk audibly when I remember it. Any time I want to give myself a grin I just have to stop and think, "Now, you wook wike a couch! For me to dance on." I can't even type it without laughing. :lol

OK DK weight in the UK is like WW in the US right?

DK is closer to light worsted (No. 3 weight) yarn.  Aran is closer to ww.  When I don't use DK weight to test for ShiFio, I use the light worsted, and it is very close for gauge as DK.

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/yarnInfo.cgi?yarnByClass=1

Dragn, I think DK weight is a bit lighter than worsted weight, but I'd probably just sub in worsted myself. Of course, my tendency to neglect gauge has led to a lot of frogging for me. ;P

Ok, so I found that conversation from before. I really have been wanting to share it just because - just never got around to it! This took place during a weekend at my parents, as I was packing up the sofa bed that my husband and I use there.

*in super excited "take that!" voice* "I'm wifting you up, Mommy's bed! I'm wifting you up! Dere! Now you are in da couch, Mommy's bed!"

*cheerful, solicitous voice* "Yes! Here you go! Here you go, Mommy's bed! Now you have cushions on you!

Dere's just, just a wittle bit weft; now, you have cushions on you! Now, you wook wike a couch! For me to dance on.

*trying to muffle hysterical laughter* "Sorry, hun, Mommy's bed is a little overwhelmed right now."

This was sometime back in October and it still makes me snrk audibly when I remember it. Any time I want to give myself a grin I just have to stop and think, "Now, you wook wike a couch! For me to dance on." I can't even type it without laughing. :lol

Awesome story! LOVE!

Well good morning all! It is 2 degrees out there and I am NOT leaving the house today! I am off today and tomorrow and was going to go out this morning but uh, NO! And it snowed a bit.....and starting at 2 pm today, it will start again and we are to get up to 6 inches by morning with another clipper after that tomorrow afternoon! Sooooo, staying in! I think I'll take down the tree today. Bake something sweet and gooey. Let Kiddles enjoy the TV some, but also read, do the puzzle we've been working on, etc. Tonite we will watch The Heffalump movie I borrowed from my niece and eat a frozen pizza (okay I'll cook it first) and I'll still be in bed by 9 pm. Oh the exciting life I lead!

Tomorrow I'm cooking us a small turkey breast and potatoes ..... the condo will smell so good! And again, NOT going out!

I love to be at home with my girl and be domestic!

Hope you all have a great day! What is your weather going to be today?

kuddles

kuddles you live a very exciting life. Sounds like mine here other than I just have a few extra people here.

Weather here is suppose to be up in the 50's.

Tank is a lot better this morning. Thank goodness too. I know I worry to much but poor thing was feeling to go last last night . So sleeping off the grogginess and with more energy today. I will watch him all day and for the next 10 days trust so he doesn't have to wear the cone of shame. So home I'll be. I'll try to get pictures of the fleece tie (braid) blankets I did. I need to make two more before sister gets here. Helped daughter do hers last night.

Good morning!  I'm cold but not as cold as many of you are.  Can we trade places?  I love layering on warm clothes and snuggling in front of the TV.  It's about 58 degrees at the moment, but it's supposed to reach from the low- to mid-70's.  I know, it's not fair!  I wish it were cold, believe me.  Southern California may be in for the driest year on record.  Ugh.  I wish it would get cold already and rain.  

I'm so excited though I think I'm just exaggerating a bit.  I couple of days ago I finished testing a jumper pattern for ShiFio in three sizes, and she wants to buy the three jumpers from me!  They keep the testers for photos to use in the patterns.  It's the first time that's happened because I'm all the way in California and they're in the UK.  They sometimes buy them off their UK testers because they're local.  I really did like the way they came out, especially because they're unisex and that meant I could make them to be for boys though one is unisex.  It will take longer to mail them to the UK and then for the pattern to be made available; so I can't post pictures until then.  I'm still happy they were liked so much.

What is everyone doing today?  Happy New Year!  I was going to stay home alone.  No one had any special plans.  However, it is Marie's 4th birthday today.  My sister-in-law invited me to her mom's house tonight to celebrate with them both my niece's birthday and the incoming new year.  I guess I'm doing something after all, lol.  

Everyone keep safe; everyone be happy :)

Thanks everyone!
I hope you all have a lovely NYE and shall be looking to send some squares shortly so will be in touch.

For those who commented on my avatar pic, thats really quite out of date. But here is one taken the other day. Isabel was 1 at the beginning of November and Felicia is turning into a very polite and helpful little 2½ yr old. :) With all the things going wrong at the moment, these 2 little cherubs have kept me going. :hug

post-54070-0-52561600-1388523868_thumb.jpg

Adorable little Skogglings.

Happy New Years everyone. Enjoy yourselves and anyone going out/ PLZ PLZ PLZ be safe. Dont drink and drive. and dont ride with anyone who has been drinking. I love you all and want to be able to have everyone safe and sound in the new year.

Hello all! I've been sleeping the day away but wanted to jump on and wish you all a Happy and safe New Year's Eve!  We will not be doing anything special' haven't for years.  It's just too crazy out there and besides it's in the single digits here too.  I'm staying in where it's nice and warm, lol.  They're talking of a big snowstorm for Thu-Fri.  We could get up to 18 inches.  I'm ready for spring already, lol.

Skoggy, it's so good to have you back! Your girls are getting big.

Maria, have fun at your niece's party. Wtg, on the outfits for shifio's.

owlvamp, glad tank is doing ok, poor baby.  Looking forward to seeing your blankets!

dragn, I wish I could help you with the hat, but I don't have any idea.  It is a stunner though, lol.

Take care every one!

Congrats AngelRoseLite,

Skoggy those skogglets get cuter everyday

had my six month check for sugar/cholesterol,and once again he tells me,I'm a boring patient,Ahh music to my ears.

we don't go out and celebrate,heck if we stay awake to watch the ball drop,we are lucky

Hello everyone just stopping by to say Happy New Year to all of you.  We will be staying in and I'll be lucky if I'm awake by 10:00pm.  To me, it's a great New Year to have hubby and son right here all safe and sound.  Hope you all have a wonderful 2014 and God Bless you all.

MIght be seeing the new year alone. All the kids are here there and yonder. Except for Shea and she is up in her room, as always, and Hubby is already talking about bed. One of those days I just want to cry. Shoot even started crying saying grace at the dinner table........

Hi everyone, cute story viking! Cute kids emma!! I am confused about dk, so listen to them, lol

Hi ya kiddles, and angel too, we're in tonight too kuddles, we don't drink, sooooooo too many crowds, drivers that are crazy, and noise, lol We're in for the night with some hot chocolate, waiting for some snow.....

Well good morning all! It is 2 degrees out there and I am NOT leaving the house today! I am off today and tomorrow and was going to go out this morning but uh, NO! And it snowed a bit.....and starting at 2 pm today, it will start again and we are to get up to 6 inches by morning with another clipper after that tomorrow afternoon! Sooooo, staying in! I think I'll take down the tree today. Bake something sweet and gooey. Let Kiddles enjoy the TV some, but also read, do the puzzle we've been working on, etc. Tonite we will watch The Heffalump movie I borrowed from my niece and eat a frozen pizza (okay I'll cook it first) and I'll still be in bed by 9 pm. Oh the exciting life I lead!

Tomorrow I'm cooking us a small turkey breast and potatoes ..... the condo will smell so good! And again, NOT going out!

I love to be at home with my girl and be domestic!

Hope you all have a great day! What is your weather going to be today?

kuddles

I got a ham for tomorrow, sounded good for a change, with scalloped taters too, that ought to keep us fed for a day or two, lol

Hello to everyone else I missed, and wanted to say happy new years to you all, have a safe and happy celebration!!!!!!

Now, for the real news, seems we have a new Baby New Queen at mignight, and since I probably won't be up then, unless the fireworks start again, I will announce it now, and welcome her from all her subjects!!!!!

She would like 8inch, and really any color, but purple and yellow are favs, have you all guessed it yet,

That's right squares!! It's our own Grannyannie!!! CONGRATZ ANN, and here you thought this day would never come, lol welcome to your Kingdom, and let the pledging begin with mine, at least 4 maybe more..... Lets show Queen Annie we wanna spoil her a bit this month!!!!!!!!!!

We will also look forward to not only HER acceptance post, but also, Angel's passing of her crown, and thank you angel, you have been a gracious ruler this past month!!!!!

Ok, get hookin, we know who, and what , so lets get crocheting for our Queen!!!!!!!!!

The girls and I are watching TV right now. Hubby is too. Doesn't work tomorrow so he might just make it. LOL

We made pizzas out of biscuits and then some brownies, and cookies.

Happy New Years!!!

Archived