Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Do you remember a few years back (maybe 5?) when the HR area was supposed to get snow on Christmas Day but then the storm stalled and didn't show up until the 26th? Oh, I was sorely disappointed! It would have been my first white Christmas! The HR areas was really disappointing for snow. I'm getting plenty of it here in IL! Too many subzero days though. Brrrrr!!!!!

I remember that,it stayed on the ground in our yard for almost a week cause our yard is mostly shaddy.

I think the last "Good" blizzard was in 1980,before our time here,Rene's hubby as a youngster was at Scope Arena

to see the circus and they couldn't leave the arena due to the storm

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I had a busy morning, grocery shopping, paying bills, cleaning, etc. Now it's time for fun sewing. My kids and grandkids will be here later for dinner. We're making calzones and I think I'll make brownies for dessert.

I hope everyone is staying warm. Our temps were cooler today in the low 60s, I know thats a heat wave in some areas.

Have a great day.

Good afternoon everyone!

I was at the vet this morning with Hercules. He must of hit his head a week or so ago and right on top of his smart bump it kept swelling. I was hoping for it to go down but it didn't. So he needed to go in and they drained it which she said looked like a bruise under there filled up with liquid and blood. So he's on an antiboctic and pain pill for the inflammation ... Not getting a break here!!

Their shots are all up to date now. So that's exciting.

Just finished up the dishes and vacuuming .. I'm tired and ready to eat and need a much needed nap.

aaack, what is the HR area please.....and thank you, lol

sounds exciting huh??,it stand for the Hampton Roads area which is just a broad term for the area of Portsmouth Chesapeake,Norfolk,Va. Beach,Hampton,and Newport news,Cindy was once stationed in this area

Agggghhhh, my multi quote is still not working!!! This is driving me nuts ladies.  I just don't have the memory I need to answer everyone like I want too, lol. I know, spend more time on here then I wouldn't have as much to remember right, lol.  Oh, if only I could stay awake long enough, but I'm afraid my days lately are spent mostly in slumber.  It must be a combination of my lupus and the malnutrition that's doing it.  So I can understand, but just can't help it.  I try to crochet or knit when I'm awake, but I'm making a lot of mistakes these days, so I'm trying to stay with the easy stuff unless I really feel like I can stay awake for an hour or so, lol.  Isn't my life exciting! LOL!

Katie, I saw your post that something is on it's way!  I'll keep an eye out for it.

Maria, sorry you ended your reign not feeling well.  I hope your leg is feeling better.  My DH suffers from Charlie horses and a simple remedy he has found if you catch it quick enough is to drink a glass of milk.  They go away fairly quickly after drinking it or at least are manageable.

Kuddles, Woot for snow days and saving money!

owlvamp, poor Hercules.  Glad it wasn't too bad for him, but geez you need a break, lol. (((hugs)))

cshort, enjoy your "cool" weather dinner, lol.  Yeah, that is a heat wave for us.  I think we were around 5, brrr, plus 10 inches of snow. Your dinner sure sounds good,mmm!

pineknott, thanks for enlightening us to HR area, lol.  Inquiring minds and all that, you know, lol.

dragnlady, thoughts and prayers are with you.  Stay strong. (((hugs)))

Ok, folks, toodles for now.  Have a wonderful evening!

I rediscovered an old Joy today..... Cooking. DOnt get me wrong I cooked everyday. But I got to cook for people with tastebuds lol. I was able to add flavor. Onions, garlic. Seasonings other then salt and pepper.

I made beef  mushroom tips on a  baked potato with seasoned veggies kinda like a California blend. Was great. Her grandbaby even couldnt get enough.

I am doing good. We r watching the Fox and the Hound. not done any crochet but might get some in this weekend

Good late afternoon! Sooooo it is a balmy 16 right now and starting tomorrow afternoon through Sunday we might get another 6 inches of snow! But that isn't the news. The news is the high for Monday is......wait for it...... minus 7! For the HIGH! What the what???

My work (which is a coop for special ed for the schools) and the local schools are already talking about not opening on Monday due to the temps. So most likely I'll be home with Kiddles on Monday. Good thing, who knows if my car would even start!

So stay warm and dry out there friends!

kuddles

My mother-in-law and niece are visiting to celebrate the holidays and my husband's and both my duaghters' birthdays. They grow so fast! She is supposed to leave on Sunday, but where she lives in MO, they are expecting 6-12 inches of snow! I guess the storm is staying south of me, kuddlekubs

Its currently 19 degrees with a wind chill of -1 and the "real feel" is supposed to get down to -5. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 24 with a wind chill of 11 and some flurries and the low will be 0 but the wind chill is supposed to be -24. YIKES! Sunday is going to be awful with a high of 3 (wind chill of -20, aaahhh!) and a low of -21 (wind chill of -44, whoa!). Where do I live? The arctic??? Um...I'm not going anywhere on Sunday!

katyallen--Yay for a package! I'm glad its not coming on Sunday. No way I'm even walking to the mailbox!

cshort--Mmm...Calzones...Yummy! I haven't had a calzone in a long time. I'm not sure that I ever will, now that I'm gluten free (being gluten sensitive sucks sometimes!)

Maria--I used to get charlie horses in my calves all the time when I worked at a library. When I started eating bananas regularly, they never came back.

I rediscovered an old Joy today..... Cooking. DOnt get me wrong I cooked everyday. But I got to cook for people with tastebuds lol. I was able to add flavor. Onions, garlic. Seasonings other then salt and pepper.

I made beef  mushroom tips on a  baked potato with seasoned veggies kinda like a California blend. Was great. Her grandbaby even couldnt get enough.

I am doing good. We r watching the Fox and the Hound. not done any crochet but might get some in this weekend

That sounds delicious! I just told my sister last night that from time to time, I really like to put a good meal together for myself (because usually I'm only cooking for myself) but most nights I'm just feeling lazy and I just want to throw a sandwich together. Also, read one of your previous posts about leaving the hub...I hope you find peace and happiness in your decision! No woman ever deserves to feel unloved.

I hope everyone else had an enjoyable New Year's Eve/Day! I went to a concert for one of my favorite bands, and the show was awesome, but all the drunk women reminded me why I drink very little when I'm in public!

Oh, I also forgot to mention, I've decided to put border (black) on each of my 42 friendshipghan squares before stitching together! I'd been thinking about it for a while, and I think I want to have the trim after all :)

Ann I have a lot of trouble with the multiquote too.  It was different enough from the old site that it took me awhile to figure this one out.  I finally figured it out but more often than not have problems with it about like what you are having.  I have a horrible time getting it to accept something that I want to paste in.  Some days I just give up and don't post. 

dragnlady best wishes and hugs to you.  Glad you have someplace to stay while working things out.

Kuddles its going to get cold here.  We have a little snow and are going to get more.  We don't get near as much as you do but anymore any is starting to be too much.  I guess I am getting old and just have a hard time facing it anymore.  I used to sort of enjoy a light snow.........but I was in the city then and life didn't seem as hard.

Katie,  so glad it was just the snow melting and not the roads.

Linda I would gladly send you some of our snow but would have to send you some of the sub zero nights along with it.  I bet Kuddles and Katie would send some too.

Cindy, Mandy, Jessica glad to see you back.

Owlvamp--hope Hercules is doing okay.

hi all,

yep cold here too. MOnday is going to be really fridgid!!

Good for you mandy, I think they will look lovely with black trim!!

Hi Ann, stay warm.

Hi Kuddles, you too.

Thanks for that info Pineknott, lol

Cshort, that sounds delish!!

sandra, hello hello!

Hi Brenda!!
 and to anyone i missed, HI there, stay warm where ever you are, and see ya all tomorrow!!

Cindy, I'm feeling your cold pain girl! I do NOT like this!

Mandy, sounds good! Can't wait to see a pic when you are done!

Brenda, I'm too old for this too! The cold just goes through me and I swear my bones get cold! I still can't believe it is going to be -7 for a high on Monday! So dangerous!

Thanks Katie! We hope to stay warm! It's called lots of blankets!

Hugs and good nite!

kuddles

If it's one thing we shouldn't be short of is blankets. LOL I have lots and thank goodness I know how to quilt and crochet some.

I'm off to sew up some receiving blankets for daughter. Trying to get in gear. Couldn't find all the pieces I cut out for the diaper bag so I'm back to cutting out squares again and then get it made. It will be a rag diaper bag. Love making them.... Will show pictures when finished..

Beautiful squares!

The yarn is Red Heart with Love, I'm glad you like them. That is a pretty treasure chest.

I rarely use Red Heart.  I think I'll give Red Heart with Love a try.  It felt very much like ILTY.

Hello,

I had a busy morning, grocery shopping, paying bills, cleaning, etc. Now it's time for fun sewing. My kids and grandkids will be here later for dinner. We're making calzones and I think I'll make brownies for dessert.

I hope everyone is staying warm. Our temps were cooler today in the low 60s, I know thats a heat wave in some areas.

Have a great day.

cshort, it's been a day for laughs.  I'm reading a book with very funny dialogue, and I came on here and read about you making calzones.  That's the word in Spanish for panties/underwear.  I'm so bad!  lol

Agggghhhh, my multi quote is still not working!!! This is driving me nuts ladies.  I just don't have the memory I need to answer everyone like I want too, lol. I know, spend more time on here then I wouldn't have as much to remember right, lol.  Oh, if only I could stay awake long enough, but I'm afraid my days lately are spent mostly in slumber.  It must be a combination of my lupus and the malnutrition that's doing it.  So I can understand, but just can't help it.  I try to crochet or knit when I'm awake, but I'm making a lot of mistakes these days, so I'm trying to stay with the easy stuff unless I really feel like I can stay awake for an hour or so, lol.  Isn't my life exciting! LOL!

Katie, I saw your post that something is on it's way!  I'll keep an eye out for it.

Maria, sorry you ended your reign not feeling well.  I hope your leg is feeling better.  My DH suffers from Charlie horses and a simple remedy he has found if you catch it quick enough is to drink a glass of milk.  They go away fairly quickly after drinking it or at least are manageable.

Kuddles, Woot for snow days and saving money!

owlvamp, poor Hercules.  Glad it wasn't too bad for him, but geez you need a break, lol. (((hugs)))

cshort, enjoy your "cool" weather dinner, lol.  Yeah, that is a heat wave for us.  I think we were around 5, brrr, plus 10 inches of snow. Your dinner sure sounds good,mmm!

pineknott, thanks for enlightening us to HR area, lol.  Inquiring minds and all that, you know, lol.

dragnlady, thoughts and prayers are with you.  Stay strong. (((hugs)))

Ok, folks, toodles for now.  Have a wonderful evening!

I hate to think that you're not getting your proper nutrition.  I hope something can be done to remedy that situation.  I have a friend with lupus, and I know it's bad enough as it is.  Thanks for the tip re the Charlie horse.  I wish my bedroom was downstairs so I'd be close to the kitchen when I need it, lol.  I think it's time to get that mini fridge in my room.

My mother-in-law and niece are visiting to celebrate the holidays and my husband's and both my duaghters' birthdays. They grow so fast! She is supposed to leave on Sunday, but where she lives in MO, they are expecting 6-12 inches of snow! I guess the storm is staying south of me, kuddlekubs

Its currently 19 degrees with a wind chill of -1 and the "real feel" is supposed to get down to -5. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 24 with a wind chill of 11 and some flurries and the low will be 0 but the wind chill is supposed to be -24. YIKES! Sunday is going to be awful with a high of 3 (wind chill of -20, aaahhh!) and a low of -21 (wind chill of -44, whoa!). Where do I live? The arctic??? Um...I'm not going anywhere on Sunday!

katyallen--Yay for a package! I'm glad its not coming on Sunday. No way I'm even walking to the mailbox!

cshort--Mmm...Calzones...Yummy! I haven't had a calzone in a long time. I'm not sure that I ever will, now that I'm gluten free (being gluten sensitive sucks sometimes!)

Maria--I used to get charlie horses in my calves all the time when I worked at a library. When I started eating bananas regularly, they never came back.

I finally got some bananas today.  My bff's mom is an RN, and my bff passed along the same information.  I will see if I don't have too much of a reaction.  If not, I'll have to get potassium pills if there is such a thing.

Happy Friday, ladies!

Mandy, sounds good! Can't wait to see a pic when you are done!

Hopefully it doesn't take me years and years to complete! I'm trying to work a little bit on each of my projects this weekend, just so I can get a head start on a few and not fall behind on others!

Hercules is doing good. His not hasn't came back up at all . So hopefully it doesn't and it just goes away. Tank is doing well also. He's back to himself and me trying to keep him at bay ... Not an easy task.

Well I haven't sewed anything yet but did get four receiving blankets all cut and pinned to sew. Then had to cut all the squares for the diaper bag. Just need to finish one pocket and then it's ready for the deco bond to be ironed on to make it stiffer and then ready to sew. I'll probably cut a couple more for receiving blankets and then start sewing everything. If I have time will try to get some burp cloths made.

Good morning! Well today is the day to do any errands so Kiddles and I will be out to walk at the mall then the grocery store then back here to hunker down! Snow starts this afternoon, will have another 6 inches by morning, then the frigid temps...now they are saying a high of -10 for Monday! I'm quite sure the school will close at least on Monday but I worry that my car won't start! Yikes! Can't remember the last time it has been this cold!  Checked the downstate weather and my mom is supposed to get up to a foot of snow! Double yikes! She can stay in at least and her car is in the garage. Her neighbor always scoops her out.

Well everyone take it easy today and all of us in the path of the snow and cold........stay strong and stay in!

hugs!

kuddles

Good Morning!

I thought I'd send you all some warm Florida sunshine :sun  but I think it might have left. It's gloomy looking and I think we are suppose to have some liquid sunshine. aka rain, later today. Nothing exciting planned today, should be quiet around here so I will be stitching.

Have a great day and stay warm.

ME ME I'll take those temps!

good morning everyone

we are having some of our coldest temps so far,between 15 and 20 degrees,I know for some of you that would be like a heat wave

Ah too bad, missed out on the sun.....oh well.....it will come back someday....it WILL, won't it??

Good Morning!

I thought I'd send you all some warm Florida sunshine :sun  but I think it might have left. It's gloomy looking and I think we are suppose to have some liquid sunshine. aka rain, later today. Nothing exciting planned today, should be quiet around here so I will be stitching.

Have a great day and stay warm.

Archived