Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh my dragnlady. I am so sorry this is happening. You are strong and can do this if you choose to. I agree I would be very unhappy to and it seems he doesn't show you and love or affection . I am crying with you and sending lots of hugs and prayers your way. I so hope you the best and know you can do it.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All! Well, my multi quote thing isn't working again, so I'm not even going to try to remember.  Please forgive me. 

Owlvamp, your blankets are wonderful!  I've done the tied fleece before but I've never seen the braided.  It's wonderful!

dragnlady5, oh hun, I'm right there with ya!  I feel so bad that you are going thru this, but you are strong and will get thru.  You deserve to be treated with love and respect and if your husband can't give that to you there is someone else out there who will. I didn't believe that for a long time, but I found a treasure in my dear husband #2., not to say we haven't had some ups and downs, but we work thru them as a couple.  My first husband, a well, there was no respect.  Let's just leave it at that...  Sending you a big ole gentle cyber hug and know that you are never alone (((hugs)))

CinySweetThings, good to see you again!  Congrats on the pregnancy too! Love your new squares, but I am not a whovian.  I think Jessica might be if memory serves me.(usually my memory is bad, lol)

Catch you all later in the day!

Hi, everyone!  I didn't prepare a speech; so I'll wing it.  First of all, I'm a day late... very bad of me.  I really do have a reason.  I woke up early the 1st with a horrible Charlie horse.  I've never had them, and I hope I never have another one.  My brother came in running to see what was wrong.  That was embarrassing, but I realized too late that I had yelled.  Oops!  My left calf was in pain all yesterday.  I couldn't put much weight on it.  On top of that, something I ate on New Year's Eve gave me a stomachache that has yet to go away, and I've had a low-grade fever.  I've been sleeping on and off since yesterday.  

My dear former subjects:  Words cannot express my gratitude for taking the time to send me squares during December.  It's a tough month to participate in, but many of you did.  Your squares are in a very pretty special "treasure chest" while I gather what I need for the afghan.  Cshort, thank you for your package!  I did receive it on Tuesday.  I'll post pictures tomorrow (or, rather, later today).  I've been blessed with a peaceful, prosperous reign.  Grannyannie, I hope I have left the kingdom in at least the same condition I received it.  You couldn't ask for better people.  May your reign be long and fruitful.

Katie, I will give you a final square count later.  My bed is beckoning :)

Good night, friends :)

Good morning and wow! So much to read! So much going on!

owlvamp - LOVE the blankets!

Ann - so good to see you! Hugs!

CindySweetThings - howdy!

dragnlady - biggest hug for you! Oh my! How brave of you and thank goodness you are doing what you need to do for YOU! So glad you had somewhere to go! Stay strong!

Back to work today,........later!

kuddles

Dragnlady, I'm sorry to hear your bad news, but I am glad that you had someplace to go.

Good to see lots of us here. Hope everybody had a nice New Year. Rusty and I did.  We stayed in and watched movies and I worked some on the afghan that I'm making. 

Owlvamp

your fleece blankets look so nice and cozy

Dragnlady

I'm so sorry for the pain you are going through

AngelRoseLite

feel better soon,I get Charleyhorses and the pain is awful,and depending how deep,its tender the next day

KuddleKubs

stay safe and warm in your latest winter blast of weather

Good Morning January's Queen

Rusty's mom good to see you posting

Hmmmmm????? I had hit multiquote for several posts and then clicked reply to quotes and poof! they are all gone? So I typed up the message below and clicked post and nothing happened. So I saved my message to a word document, restarted the computer, still nothing, reset the router and here I am again, hope this works.

Cindy, sorry to hear you have been sick but glad to hear baby is doing well.

Owlvamp, the blankets look great.

Dragnlady5, I am so sorry, I've been there and know how hard it is, I will be praying for you.

AngelRoseLite, I'm glad the squares arrived, hope you have your afghan finished soon.

Hello Estee, Katie, Kuddles, Rustymom, Kuddles, Grannyannie, Pineknott, it's good to hear from everyone. I hope I didn't miss anyone, sorry if I did.

I'm a little tired today, I think I have holiday and grandkids lag. But I had such a good time with them here yesterday and the night before. They helped me pack up the Christmas decorations yesterday. I think I'll do some sewing on a robe for my daughter this morning and then maybe work on some squares for our Queen later today.

Have a good day everyone.

Hello again! Got all the way to work......and was told we get a snow day! What?? So back to the daycare to pickup Kiddles and the check for today! Saves me 45 bucks!

Hope everyone stays safe and dry and warm! It's really coming down out there! Lake effect snow.....

kuddles

kuddles stay safe and drive safe out there. Enjoy your day off!

dragnlady hope things look a little brighter today and each day. Just Remember you are strong and can do this. I am so happy you had a place to go to. It will be rough but you can do it and you are doing this for you and your children. You shouldn't of had to live like that...

Hello all again! IF you have an interest, I've reduced just about everything in my etsy shop and listed two new items. Just in case....

Snow is still falling, but lighter. Ahhhhhhh winter in Chicagoland!

kuddles

Eye candy since I'm home unexpectedly........Daisy charity square, Melinda Miller's Duchess and Frostbloom.....all available on ravelry. To see all my projects just search on user kuddlekubs!

post-17419-0-28775700-1388682252_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-29107200-1388682261_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-37033200-1388682270_thumb.jpg

Dragnlady5, I am very sorry for your situation.  The good thing is that you are looking for your inner peace.  I know that once I realized that I gained peace and lost the turmoil, I was happy.  I didn't look back.  Be strong.   :hug

Here are the lovely squares that cshort sent me.  What yarn did you use, cshort?  I love how soft it is.  Here's also a picture of the "treasure chest," lol.  It's full now because it's not so big.  I'll have to look for another one.

post-44469-0-24661300-1388684140_thumb.jpgpost-44469-0-75127900-1388684165_thumb.jpg

Katie, here's my square count:

3-inch squares:  30 (Wow!)

6-inch squares:  12

12-inch squares:  3

I think we could list it as 19.5 6-inch squares and 3 12-inch squares.  I think this is going to be a beautiful friendshipghan :)  Thank you, everyone!

Kuddles--what is that orange (variegate?) yarn you used? I think I like it! Also, the snow finally stopped over hear, 3 hours west of you. We got about 4 inches!

It's Red Heart Fiesta....color is called Autumn. I love it!

Snow still coming here.......hopefully it will stop in 3 hours! LOL

wow, such pretty eye candy.....

Thanks for you count angel!! and thank you for being a gracious queen! Love that little trunk!!

Dragnlady, so sorry for you situation, however it will be better for you and kids to get out of that situation, and start anew..We all here, have been through simialr situations, we're all here now, and ok, so you know you will be ok, in time.....Many hugs! and just for the record, I agree, with Cindy,  I wouldn't have lasted that long before getting out! Cudos though, for haning in, and trying to make it work!

Who was sick, oh angel, so sorry....

Granny, carol, and pineknott, said it all!!

Viking, hello out there.......

Kuddles, yay, 45 dollars is still a lot to me too!

Snow is gone, about an inch, roads are melting, but it's still cold out....

Will mail my queen package maybe tomorrow, so heads up Ann!!

so much to comment on, I know I have forgotten so much, but Ill catch up one day, lol

Eye candy since I'm home unexpectedly........Daisy charity square, Melinda Miller's Duchess and Frostbloom.....all available on ravelry. To see all my projects just search on user kuddlekubs!

Beautiful squares!

Dragnlady5, I am very sorry for your situation.  The good thing is that you are looking for your inner peace.  I know that once I realized that I gained peace and lost the turmoil, I was happy.  I didn't look back.  Be strong.   :hug

Here are the lovely squares that cshort sent me.  What yarn did you use, cshort?  I love how soft it is.  Here's also a picture of the "treasure chest," lol.  It's full now because it's not so big.  I'll have to look for another one.

attachicon.gifFrom cshort.jpgattachicon.gifTreasure Chest for Rosa's Squares.jpg

Katie, here's my square count:

3-inch squares:  30 (Wow!)

6-inch squares:  12

12-inch squares:  3

I think we could list it as 19.5 6-inch squares and 3 12-inch squares.  I think this is going to be a beautiful friendshipghan :)  Thank you, everyone!

The yarn is Red Heart with Love, I'm glad you like them. That is a pretty treasure chest.

I didn't get very far with my sewing project. I couldn't get teh pattern to fit on the fabric following the pattern layout or any other way, so I had to go back to Joanns for more fabric. By the time I finished washing and drying the fabric I was busy working on squares. Maybe I'll work on my sewing tomorrow.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

good morning all

Linda stomps foot once more,where is my snow??,it must have evaporated before it got to my city,lol

Do you remember a few years back (maybe 5?) when the HR area was supposed to get snow on Christmas Day but then the storm stalled and didn't show up until the 26th? Oh, I was sorely disappointed! It would have been my first white Christmas! The HR areas was really disappointing for snow. I'm getting plenty of it here in IL! Too many subzero days though. Brrrrr!!!!!

Archived