Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

70 degrees yesterday and BTRRRRRRRRRRR today. I dont know the temp off hand but it is COLD. 

Congrats on the new baby she is gorgeous. and prayers will be said....prayers said

Kuddles i am glad things are getting normal again

Hello Katie...

I work tomorrrow then I am off tuesday and wednesday.

Merry Christmas everyone

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been waiting for the chance to tell you all.  My afghan will be done before Christmas. As you all know my SIL is staying with us. She has gotten out of an abusive relationship and is starting over. It has really been put on my heart, No matter how badly I want to keep this afghan you all helped me with.....  It will become my SIL 's Christmas Gift. I have discussed it with hubby and he agrees there is no one that would be more greatful or that it would mean more too. There will be tears shed and pictures taken. I just wanted you all to know Christmas morning all the work you put into the squares u sent, Each and everyone of you will be touching her heart and making a difference in her life.

dragnlady that is very sweet of you . She will love it when you give it to her on christmas morning. It's been quite hard on us all. I have a tie blanket that I will braid tomorrow. Need it for my daughter for christmas morning. Just found the fleece today so will get busy tomorrow.

Good night all.

Good morning all! Cold cold cold today!

Dragonlady - how wonderful of you!

Owlvamp - yup, I want to see pix too!

Katie - thanks.....

pineknott - hugs

bgs and cshort - howdy!

Today is the only day I work this week! Have Tues and Wed off and taking Thurs and Fri and that is when kiddles and I will head downstate to visit my family. Kiddles is of course excited...about present! Hey she's 9, right now that is what it is all about! LOL

Stay warm and happy!

kuddles

You are so right! She still believes, hook line and sinker! She is a happy gal......still has her 'lucky' moments but that is so much better.

Hugs again pineknott,,,,,,just cause!

\

Christmas through the eyes of a child is so wonderful and magical,enjoy that while you can

quiet so far today,need to get some laundry in

Hi everybody,

I am here yet again.  It is warm here. It is around 60 F.  My brother and his family live in Little Rock and so does Mama. I have been watching their weather on the Weather Channel for the last few days. They have really had some bad weather.  It is close to freezing there I believe. 

Katie, the squares that you sent came to me last week. I can certainly use them.  Thank you very much.  When I opened them, Rusty had to sniff of the envelope and I don't know what he smelled, but he liked it.  He also liked the afghan squares. I didn't give them to him, but I held them in my hands and let him sniff of them.  I could tell that he wanted to take them and play with them, but I told him that I couldn't let him play with them and he hasn't bothered them any more. 

Merry Christmas all of you and congratulations on the new baby.

Hello everyone,

Today was baking day at my house. I made 5 different kinds of cookies, 3 loaves of pumpkin bread and a chocolate cake. my daughter and the grandkids came over and decorated the sugar cookies. Tomorrow will be cleaning and a quick trip to the grocery store for last minute things. And then I think I'll be ready for Christmas brunch. I'm not going to tell you all what our temps are because you might start throwing snowballs at me. Have a great evening!

Hi Everyone!  Boy, I didn't think I had been gone that long, but there were a ton of posts to catch up on!  Too many to answer individually.  I've been busily making last minute Christmas presents.  I'm running down to the last minute (again, lol)  for some reason I thought Christmas Eve was Wednesday.  Oh boy, imagine my surprise today when I realized I only had one more day to finish up not two! Yikes! One of these years I'll learn, lol

Maria, prayers for your friend and her family.  Also, prayers for the new baby and that family!  The baby is adorable.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hi ladies,

I'm going through the new content on the site here and I saw the link to this thread, so I thought I'd drop in and let you know that I am online for awhile. 

Rusty is curled up on one of my jackets asleep right now. 

Well, Katy your weather yesterday is ours today with that -4 for our low tonight.  Anymore I am not sure how any of us survive it even if we have a warm place to be.  Seems like the older I get the harder it is to face winter.  I am starting to understand why many retire to a warmer part of the world. 

Kuddles, sounds you and Kiddles should have a good Christmas and that she is a good age to have fun with it.  Safe travels and hoping you have a good time with family.  Oh, and I hope your bff in FL is doing okay.  I have kind of lost touch with her.  I miss her so much. 

dragnlady5, that is so great of you to give the afghan to your SIL.  I am glad i could be a part of it.  Tell her to imagine us all giving her a hug when she uses it.  And of course we would love to see the photos of it completed.

Seems like this year has been rough right up to the end.  The weather kept us from doing some of the things that I enjoy doing this time of year but we were lucky and were able to make the get togethers with friends so I am thankful that those were the things we were able to do. 

I'm so tired ladies so I am retiring early tonight.

Finished the living room and alls it needs is some furniture I don't have. LOL

One day I'll get some for it.

I think I might be ready with the house to feel comfortable to let them in.

My bag is killing me and feet hurt including toe throbbing.

But I had to get it all son. Now finish up with laundry tomorrow and do some baking.

Run the vacuum , and get all the dishes done. I'm tired already thinking of what I need to do.

hi rusty's mom, aww, a mini dachshund, how cute....I had a mini schnauzer, since passed, but he was a gentle sweet little doggie too, as I bet yours is!

Hi dragonlady,

Rusty is a minidachshund. 

glad things are calm your way linda, enjoy it while you can.

Christmas through the eyes of a child is so wonderful and magical,enjoy that while you can

quiet so far today,need to get some laundry

as well she should still believe, Christmas is magical for us all, but especially for the children.

You are so right! She still believes, hook line and sinker! She is a happy gal......still has her 'lucky' moments but that is so much better.

Hugs again pineknott,,,,,,just cause!

\

well shoot, maybe he smelled my pets, although they don't much get into the craft room, least not often, and not unsupervised, lol so I dunno, my cats do the same with other's squares that come to me too!! Their sense of smell is like what, 25 times stronger than ours!!

Hi everybody,

I am here yet again.  It is warm here. It is around 60 F.  My brother and his family live in Little Rock and so does Mama. I have been watching their weather on the Weather Channel for the last few days. They have really had some bad weather.  It is close to freezing there I believe. 

Katie, the squares that you sent came to me last week. I can certainly use them.  Thank you very much.  When I opened them, Rusty had to sniff of the envelope and I don't know what he smelled, but he liked it.  He also liked the afghan squares. I didn't give them to him, but I held them in my hands and let him sniff of them.  I could tell that he wanted to take them and play with them, but I told him that I couldn't let him play with them and he hasn't bothered them any more. 

Merry Christmas all of you and congratulations on the new baby.

Hello everyone,

Today was baking day at my house. I made 5 different kinds of cookies, 3 loaves of pumpkin bread and a chocolate cake. my daughter and the grandkids came over and decorated the sugar cookies. Tomorrow will be cleaning and a quick trip to the grocery store for last minute things. And then I think I'll be ready for Christmas brunch. I'm not going to tell you all what our temps are because you might start throwing snowballs at me. Have a great evening!

I can almost smell those cookies from here....I made pies today, two sweet potatoe pies, daughters request, lol They are scrummy good!! Dying to try one, but will wait, well maybe. he he he.....

Well good morning all! I was up at 5, kiddles not long after and her first words, before good morning, hi mom, or anything else was 'it's Christmas Eve!'  Yup she is VERY excited! Like you said Katy, it's magical and she is very excited!!

Our temps are now bottoming out.....accuweather says it is zero out there but feels like -19! WHAT!? Glad my car is in a garage.....I don't know how the birds and other animals survive it out there!

dragnlady - can't wait to see your new square! I'm square crazy! well at least half of that is right....

bgs - my bff would love to hear from you, I'm sure!

Well to everyone with aches, hope you feel better! I have nothing more to prep so today I just relax......family party tonite. The Big Day tomorrow then heading downstate on Thursday and the weather is supposed to cooperate! Woot!

Hugs!

kuddles

ok ladies here is the pattern to the above square.

Let me know if it needs fixing

I hook
ww yarn
6 inch square

Chain 4 join

3dc, ch 2   4 times Join

hdc in each dc , (3 hdc, ch 2 3 hdc) in each corner
ch 3, 2 dc in next hdc, hdc in next dc. (you have 4 dc in 3 hdc) chain 1 sk to the corner. 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in corner, ch1 sk 2. * 1 dc, 2 dc in next hdc, 1 dc, ch 1 sk to corner 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc* repeat to end. Join

ch 2, 3 hdc, 2 hdc in ch sp.  sk 1, 2 hdc,* (3 hdc 2 ch 3 hdc in corner) sk 1, 2 hdc, 2 hdc in ch sp, 4 hdc, 2 hdc in ch sp, sk 1, 2 hdc* repeat twice.   Do the last corner as above. sk1, 2 hdc, 2 hdc in sp. join

ch3, sk 1, hdc,* sk 1, 1 hdc* repeat to corner.  In corner 3 hdc, ch 1, 3 hdc.  repeat pattern 3 times.   1 hdc in stitch after corner. ch1 sk 1 hdc. to begining st and join, Fasten off

Archived