Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning to my Squares.

Well several of us have things bringing us down. I'm sending up prayers that soon, we will all have answers and peace of mind!

I'm doing incredibly well now about Lucky. After talking to the mom yesterday, I'm still feeling good about it and know this is best for him and us. We all do things then later think, what was I thinking! This isn't working. Then hard decisions need made and somehow we all come out the other side 'okay'.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to getting back to crocheting. Really couldn't do it with a dog that was trying to get my yarn, wanting on my lap, etc. So that should change. Plus I want to put fabric in my destash shop on etsy. Well, like everyone, I have tons to do!

Yes I was up early today, at 4.....but really it was because I wanted to spend more time with Lucky. He is on Kiddles lap right now (yes she was up early too) and being sweet. Good memories ....

Have a good day all!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday!

Its the usual work day for me and then I have our youth leadership Christmas party tonight. 

I'm having washing machine problems too. The belt is slipping so I can wash ok but have to take clothes out and rinse and spin them in very tiny loads. My dad said he can fix it but don't know when it will be done.

Have a good day everyone.

Well cshort I hop you dad fix's it soon. I don't like being with out a washer.

Kuddles I'm so happy you feel better about Lucky. In your heart you know what's best.

Owl Vamp.... Have you considered a rent to own. At least until you fix your washer.

We bought our front loaders set for 300.00 cash during tax time at Aarons. Had it for 4 yrs now. had to replace the heating element on the dryer last summer.

Kuddles... Glad u r at peace now.

prayers have been said, peace of mind for those who need it. healing of heart mind and body, doggies included, And for needed miracles. and uplifted spirits.

Hi everyone. :hug to all who need it.

Moussie had filled the kids stockings and left them each a gift under the tree, but said not to open any of it until Christmas, so my youngest elected me to make them each a crocheted stocking so Santa can have something to put stuff in too. LOL. Ive gotten 1 finished and 2 more to make. Its more of a huge fat sock than a stocking but oh well. And I used magic ball yarn to make it and she loves all the colors.

post-39682-0-38351900-1386945374_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-01418100-1386945396_thumb.jpg

I don't blame you it was 23 degrees this morning when I took daughter out to seminary this morning. Very cold cold and cold some more.

Cute stocking and love the christmas tree.

Hi, Everybody.

Wow! A lot has gone on in the last few days!! Sorry I haven't been around...battling my own inner stuff this holiday season lately.

Life definitely has it's ups and downs, doesn't it? Right now, my family is on a little down cycle. We got a phone call last night...my husband's grandfather passed away during his nap. We were going to visit the grandparents over Christmas break, but now we're going to have to go to KY sooner than expected, so I won't be around for a bit. They don't have internet connection where we're heading.

BUT, on a happy note, I'm recovering from my surgery nicely, and I'm motivated to get all of the snowflake ornaments crocheted for my students. Gosh...I hope I can get them done without killing my wrist!!

I'm happy everyone is enjoying their monkey squares. I'm just glad that they found new homes!!

Take care friends...I had no idea that such an awesome group of people "lived" here when I decided to sign up!! How lucky am I?!?! <3 <3 <3

Thanks again for all the kind words and wow JilliePop, that's rough! We'll all be praying for you for sure!

Well it hit Kiddles this morning as I drove her to school that he will be gone tomorrow morning. When I dropped her off, she put her arms around me and didn't let go. She has a huge heart so she knows it is best but she is 9, and she loves him, so now it is 'real'. If you are so inclined, please say a prayer for her to have a brave heart and mend quickly. She won't be going with me for the drop off although she has begged to. That would just about kill her....to see the 8 year old that is 'replacing' her.

But we go on from here! Whatever life throws our way, we somehow get through it and make our lives liveable and sometimes even better! I want 2014 to by the year that things get better for me and Kiddles! Woot!

kuddles

Hi, Everybody.

Wow! A lot has gone on in the last few days!! Sorry I haven't been around...battling my own inner stuff this holiday season lately.

Life definitely has it's ups and downs, doesn't it? Right now, my family is on a little down cycle. We got a phone call last night...my husband's grandfather passed away during his nap. We were going to visit the grandparents over Christmas break, but now we're going to have to go to KY sooner than expected, so I won't be around for a bit. They don't have internet connection where we're heading.

BUT, on a happy note, I'm recovering from my surgery nicely, and I'm motivated to get all of the snowflake ornaments crocheted for my students. Gosh...I hope I can get them done without killing my wrist!!

I'm happy everyone is enjoying their monkey squares. I'm just glad that they found new homes!!

Take care friends...I had no idea that such an awesome group of people "lived" here when I decided to sign up!! How lucky am I?!?! <3 <3 <3

AWE...... We are glad to have you with us

hi everyone!

Washer problems abound, i hope that isn't a bad omen, so far, mine is doing well!!

Thanks again for all the kind words and wow JilliePop, that's rough! We'll all be praying for you for sure!

Well it hit Kiddles this morning as I drove her to school that he will be gone tomorrow morning. When I dropped her off, she put her arms around me and didn't let go. She has a huge heart so she knows it is best but she is 9, and she loves him, so now it is 'real'. If you are so inclined, please say a prayer for her to have a brave heart and mend quickly. She won't be going with me for the drop off although she has begged to. That would just about kill her....to see the 8 year old that is 'replacing' her.

But we go on from here! Whatever life throws our way, we somehow get through it and make our lives liveable and sometimes even better! I want 2014 to by the year that things get better for me and Kiddles! Woot!

kuddles

You are amazing, and we all will be thinking of you both tomorrow....Stay strong both of you, kids heal quickly, as for adults, not...good luck.

Hi, Everybody.

So sorry to hear of your loss jillipop, my condelences of course. And how lucky are WE to have found you!

well off to my moms and to the grocery store for some milk and sugar.....  it is cold cold cold out there and I dont wanna go.

easing up a bit on the cold here, a whole maybe 27 today!

Moussie had filled the kids stockings and left them each a gift under the tree, but said not to open any of it until Christmas, so my youngest elected me to make them each a crocheted stocking so Santa can have something to put stuff in too. LOL. Ive gotten 1 finished and 2 more to make. Its more of a huge fat sock than a stocking but oh well. And I used magic ball yarn to make it and she loves all the colors.

OMG that stocking is darling!! and that sweet little elf, for leaving elf gifts early!

Owl Vamp.... Have you considered a rent to own. At least until you fix your washer.

We bought our front loaders set for 300.00 cash during tax time at Aarons. Had it for 4 yrs now. had to replace the heating element on the dryer last summer.

prayers have been said, peace of mind for those who need it. healing of heart mind and body, doggies included, And for needed miracles. and uplifted spirits.

that is such a good idea dragnlady!! renting it, sheesh, if you can afford to, it would save from going to the laundrymat anyways..

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday!

Its the usual work day for me and then I have our youth leadership Christmas party tonight. 

I'm having washing machine problems too. The belt is slipping so I can wash ok but have to take clothes out and rinse and spin them in very tiny loads. My dad said he can fix it but don't know when it will be done.

Have a good day everyone.

This is becomming a washer epidemic, I covering my ears,not hearing this, don't want my washer to know of it!

Good morning to my Squares.

Well several of us have things bringing us down. I'm sending up prayers that soon, we will all have answers and peace of mind!

I'm doing incredibly well now about Lucky. After talking to the mom yesterday, I'm still feeling good about it and know this is best for him and us. We all do things then later think, what was I thinking! This isn't working. Then hard decisions need made and somehow we all come out the other side 'okay'.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to getting back to crocheting. Really couldn't do it with a dog that was trying to get my yarn, wanting on my lap, etc. So that should change. Plus I want to put fabric in my destash shop on etsy. Well, like everyone, I have tons to do!

Yes I was up early today, at 4.....but really it was because I wanted to spend more time with Lucky. He is on Kiddles lap right now (yes she was up early too) and being sweet. Good memories ....

Have a good day all!

kuddles

excellent, Im glad you came to terms with it, and understood, no more guilt, you are doing the best for lucky..You are a strong and selfless person to do this, I commend you for that and wish kiddles a million best wishes for a quick recovery....

Hi, Everybody.

safe travels,couldn't agree more,best group of hookie gals around with such big hearts :hug

Hello my Square friends!  Another quick flyby from me.  It seems that's all I do lately and I apologize.  I will get back into the swing of things one of these days soon (I hope).  We're having a snowstorm as I write, with the brunt of it coming tomorrow.  We're expecting around 12", some say 18".  I'm hoping for 6" or less, lol!  I need to get my Christmas shopping done!

Kuddles,  sending hugs out to you and Kiddles and keeping the two of you and Lucky in my prayers.  It is a tough decision you have made, (I've been there, and I know how much it hurts) :hug

owlvamp, praying for you too that your problems get resolved :hug

jilliepop, so sorry for your loss.  Be safe in your travels...

Katie, hope you're feeling better!

Wishing everyone better health for them and their furbabies, better luck with appliances, safety in travels, and peace of mind. :ghug

Hi ann, thanks, and you said it all in above post... I know, thoughts  of all of you are on my mind as well, and hoping it all works out for you all....sounds like we are all ready for a new year soon! starting over persay, I know problems are weighing us all down sometimes, but Christmas is not supposed to be frought with worry, and stress, darn it.. I will be thinking of  you all, this coming week, and hope to hear some good news soon....

JilliePop, so sorry for your loss. Be safe in your travels.

Sorry for not being around today.

Have had a really hard day and nothing going right. So I think I need a silent time.

Love reading your post though.

No we didn't think of it that way for me know it is so much more. We will have to go check it out. Thanks

Morning and thanks again everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Last nite we watched Polar Express and at some point, Kiddles just started crying. Hard. I just held her, Lucky was upset that she was crying, but after about 10 minutes, she was better. I was up at 4:30, she not long after. She still doesn't understand why she can't go for the drop off but I've told her why not (upsetting). I know this IS the best and we will again have some freedoms we didn't have before.

But the heart doesn't understand that today! I take him and all his stuff at 9:30 (kiddles will be with a friend) then she and I will go out to errands and make it a normal day. I imagine by Monday, once she is back in school, it will hurt somewhat less.

I appreciate all of you!

and here's praying that all of us with 'issues' gets thru our day today in peace.

And it's snowing here! Woot! Christmas is here!

kuddles

Your tree is so pretty and the stocking is very cute.

Hi, Everybody.

I'm sorry for your loss, I'll be praying for you and your family.

Last nite we watched Polar Express and at some point, Kiddles just started crying. Hard. I just held her, Lucky was upset that she was crying, but after about 10 minutes, she was better. I was up at 4:30, she not long after. She still doesn't understand why she can't go for the drop off but I've told her why not (upsetting). I know this IS the best and we will again have some freedoms we didn't have before.

But the heart doesn't understand that today! I take him and all his stuff at 9:30 (kiddles will be with a friend) then she and I will go out to errands and make it a normal day. I imagine by Monday, once she is back in school, it will hurt somewhat less.

I appreciate all of you!

and here's praying that all of us with 'issues' gets thru our day today in peace.

kuddles

Hugs to you  and Kiddles :hug

I had a really good time at the Christmas party last night but didn't get home til about 11:30 and I'm a little tired today. I did some sewing this morning, made 2 totes for Christmas gifts for my assistants. And now I'm crocheting.

Those of you in the way of the cold weather stay warm. I don't know how you all do it, I can't handle the cold any more, too many years in Florida.

Thanks.....it went fine. The woman and her daughter were lovely. Hugs all around, the vet told me to stop by, she will miss me. Kiddles and I then went right out to shop, of course I bought her a new puzzle, and two things at B&N (I had good coupons) but made sure I told her it was NOT because of Lucky. No bribery!

Right now she is watching Sound of Music (Julie Andrews) .......only 9 year old I know whose fav movies are that and White Christmas! Love her brain!

Hugs and thanks again to everyone.

Kuddles

Hi, friends!  I'm reading and sad but proud for this group.  It's such a caring, chatty, fun group to be a part of.  I'll add that our washer has been acting up for months now!  lol.  We just haven't been able to get it fixed.  The one time we had a technician over, it behaved... of course.  Ugh.  I voted that we record it and play it back next time.  It needs some TLC.

I received two puffies!  One was from pineknott, and the other one was from bgs.  I love the squares!  Bgs sent a 12-inch square, two 6-inch squares, and eight 3-inch squares.  She even added a hand towel with a towel topper -- I love it! -- as well as a beautiful Christmas card with a crocheted ornament.  It's the most perfect, beautiful pineapple stitch ornament.  It stands out in that gorgeous red.  You motivated me to pick up my hook today, bgs!  Pineknott sent enough 3-inch squares for four 6-inch squares.  The colors are perfect.  I am so eager to put them all together.  It's really coming along nicely thanks to you generous ladies.

If any of you like the LOTR and Hobbit movies, I recommend that you catch the new one, especially in Real D 3D.  I've seen it twice already, and I plan to see it again soon ;)

Have a great weekend, everyone :hug

Edit:  Oops!  Here are the pictures.

post-44469-0-50009200-1387077732_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-73983200-1387077738_thumb.jpg

Hi kuddles, glad it is over, and went well, and kiddles will get through it, kids are so resillient*sp.

I appreciate all of you!

kuddles

nothing like shopping, and "things" to take ones mind off things, and you are so positive, i love your attitude!! Wishing the best and quickest recovery for you both, and an easy and loving transition for Lucky...

Thanks.....it went fine. The woman and her daughter were lovely. Hugs all around, the vet told me to stop by, she will miss me. Kiddles and I then went right out to shop, of course I bought her a new puzzle, and two things at B&N (I had good coupons) but made sure I told her it was NOT because of Lucky. No bribery!

Right now she is watching Sound of Music (Julie Andrews) .......only 9 year old I know whose fav movies are that and White Christmas! Love her brain!

Hugs and thanks again to everyone.

Kuddles

Hi Linda, how goes it with you lately?? Lovely squares you and BGs sent angelroselite!!!!! You two do such pretty work!

good evening everyone

Lovely angel, i have been keeping quiet in front of my washer bout all this washer break down biz, i don't want it to get any ideas!

Hi, friends!  I'm reading and sad but proud for this group.  It's such a caring, chatty, fun group to be a part of.  I'll add that our washer has been acting up for months now!  lol.  We just haven't been able to get it fixed.  The one time we had a technician over, it behaved... of course.  Ugh.  I voted that we record it and play it back next time.  It needs some TLC.

I received two puffies!  One was from pineknott, and the other one was from bgs.  I love the squares!  Bgs sent a 12-inch square, two 6-inch squares, and eight 3-inch squares.  She even added a hand towel with a towel topper -- I love it! -- as well as a beautiful Christmas card with a crocheted ornament.  It's the most perfect, beautiful pineapple stitch ornament.  It stands out in that gorgeous red.  You motivated me to pick up my hook today, bgs!  Pineknott sent enough 3-inch squares for four 6-inch squares.  The colors are perfect.  I am so eager to put them all together.  It's really coming along nicely thanks to you generous ladies.

If any of you like the LOTR and Hobbit movies, I recommend that you catch the new one, especially in Real D 3D.  I've seen it twice already, and I plan to see it again soon ;)

Have a great weekend, everyone :hug

Edit:  Oops!  Here are the pictures.

Archived