Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Had a social obligation dinner to attend last evening and it went nicely, had a good time. Good people, good food, good all around!

Stayed in today, cept once, when i went to a thrift store to make a drop off, course, I had to go in, and low and behold YARN!!

Just sittling there, in a basket!! Feeling desolated,and deserted!!!!!!!! I grabbed the whole basket, sort it later, when it's in MY cart, but I ended up taking it all, some were 59 cents, others were more, so i asked about that, and the gal said you can have them all for 59 cents, just someone maked them wrong,so I said OK!! Then she went a step further, and said, I have more, do you want that, and I said YES< Ill take all you have!!!!!

I got about 40 or more  bucks worth of redheart, vannas choice, and one skein of cotton,for like 5. 90!!!!! I really am going to make her a hat, as she really upped my day today, so Ill pay her a visit in a few days, and surprise her, maybe with a sashay scarf, or a hat, or both, for being so helpful!!!!!

The yarn of course, was thrilled to be home with others of it's kind, ha ha, and they are all getting along nicely, Im sure Its looking so forward to BEING something, when I use it for something!!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

AngelRoseLite - great squares!

Katie - thanks hon for your kind words. There was a few times last nite where Kiddles began crying again over Lucky. She says she wants to go to their house to see him, she misses, she says it's not fair.......made me cry too. I know time will heal but it's so hard right now.

I did hear from the family via email yesterday later in the day......She said that Lucky loves snow (we got up to 6 inches) and was racing around the yard. That was what I wanted the most for him, a yard. She said he has 'taken' to all of them so I know he is fine and did the right thing. Funny, a part of me feels sad for us, like Lucky took to these people quickly and is not missing us and somehow that hurts a little! Dogs do adapt well, I know, but I guess thinking of him not missing us hurts a bit! Sigh...

Okay I will now stop talking about Lucky and our situation. We need to move on and we ALL have issues we are dealing with in our lives. On to fun and crocheting!

Hugs and love,

kuddles

quick check in

I'm glad the colors are good,angelroselite,and they got to you sooner than they said,they told me Monday

healing thoughts for all in need.Our family in NY is seeing snow I wish we had,ah well,we are due for some this year

its been quite awhile(measureable 1987)not the spit of snow that's here one minute and gone the next!!

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in to send hugs where needed and let you know I'm still kicking, lol.  I did eat a sugar cookie yesterday though and am paying the price today.  Boy do I feel miserable.  Ugh, when will I ever learn, but it tasted so good nice and warm fresh from the oven, lol.  Just can't do it any more.  I need my strength to get some Christmas shopping done!  My hooks and needles have been flying but it doesn't seem like anything is getting finished.  Too much frogging going on. :frog  My hands are aching from all the work though an that is slowing me down too.  Of course, if I would have started months ago like I was supposed to.... :crocheting

Kuddles, hang in there.  It is tough, but you have done the right thing, it will get easier with time.  :hug

Katie, score!  Boy, you sure do seem to find great deals on yarn!  I really need to get DH to take me to the thrift store, lol.

Maria, those are some pretty squres you have received!

dragnlady, yes, I heard about the snow in Isreal!  That is something!  We didn't end up with the big storm they were predicting.  We only got about 6-7 inches.  That's enough though, lol.

Take care everybody! :hug

Hi to all,and a chilly evening it is....Tomorrow should be better.....Im happy Lucky is happy, but sad, you and kiddles are sad kuddles, dogs have simpler brains than humans, and thats why he is quicker to move on, than we humans might be, but I know he will always have the love you and kiddles gave him, inside him forever......

Annie, don't try to overdo, anything that doesn't get done for Christmas, will wait, and you have a supportive understanding family, so they won't mind at all Im sure........

No snow here pineknott either, seems it has been skirting us, but hey, Im ok with that lol

Yay, I did make a score, with the yarn,and they are all settled in now, the home yarn, made them feel so welcome, they always do, lol, and they are all like one big family of skeins now, can't tell the newcomers, from the been heres anymore!!

Well, here is a pic, all the way from new york city, dd and son in law arrived there yesterday, and snapped a few pics, I think you will recognize this lady in the back ground,and the chilly looking harbor in the foreground

[post-40621-0-16491000-1387154600_thumb.jpg     

and kuddles, and anyone else, we never mind hearing of your troubles, we all have them,and sometimes, it helps a lot to share, that's what we are here for, oh, and squares, of course, lol....not a very good pic, it was taken with her cam phone, but if you click on it, it enlarges some....and i think, ellis island is in the very background........

Morning everyone....

and Katy, thanks again for your kind words. And I missed congratulatinig you on your yarn score, OMG!!! Woot!

owlvamp - hugs honey. I understand......

Back to school and work today which will help a lot........Can't believe kiddles only goes this week then boom! off for two weeks! Still trying to figure out when I'm going down to visit family and toying with taking the train instead of driving. Kiddles has never been on a train and would love it! We'll see.....if I can get it cheap enough, would not be that much more than gas money!

kuddles

Good morning!

It's back to work for me too today. It's a short week for the students, full days Mon. thru Wed., half day on Thur. and employee planning on Fri. so the kids have the day off. Then it's 2 weeks of Christmas break!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Howdy again!

Asking for prayers this morning: recently my mom was having some issues and the doc discovered an irregular heart beat. This morning she is having a chemical stress test so if you could say some prayers for her and my family, it would be much appreciated!

kuddles

Sending prayers and hugs to your mom and family.

Hugs to kiddles also.

I've had the worse few days possible could have. I'm not going to spill it all out but I am mad, angry, crying, and just plain pisted off... I guess I'll leave it at that.

I just got back from having surgery on my toe and doctor wants me to keep it propped up till 3 this after noon. I told are you kidding me. Nope doesn't want it to bleed much. And let me tell you it has a wonderful blood supply. They thought it was a seed wart but it grew huge. The toe doctor I went to doesn't think it was a wart so sending it off to the lab to make sure it's nothing else. But it was deep in my toe and my toe is twice as big right now. Talk about pain. It's throbbing like crazy I'm ready to go through the roof with it. I took y pain meds and getting ready to sleep a little.

I unpacked 7 boxes last night and hopefully will feel good enough tonight to do something. I don't know why is cost so much to go to the doctors. But it's crazy. At my rate I'll be In the poor for eternity. When hubby finds out he's going to flop sense we are trying to figure a way for the washer. YIKES!!

Hope you all are doing good. Talk to you soon.

well,I seem to be getting here later and later in the day

had the dentist appt. today,yep you talk about $$$

Katie,great yarn score for you,hardly ever see any at the thrift here,or its priced too high

prayers for your mom,Kuddles

Owlvamp,hope things get better for you real soon.

good luck with that toe Sandra..Kuddles a train ride sounds like just the ticket, (forgive the pun) for you and kiddles, hope you can swing it! Best thoughts and wishes for mom.

Pineknott, i seldom run  across anything I can use at the thrift store, but the reason i still go, is for times like the yarn score, lol few and far between, but worth it!

Not much new here, just everyday things to do, and crochet for a while, and then back to work on something.ha ha...Hope all is going well, and Ill catch you all a bit later!

Bgs, thank you for the Christmas card and beautiful ornament, it's already on the tree.

Kuddles, hope the test went well and I'll be praying.

Owlvamp, I hope your toe is feeling better and that things work out.

Hi Katie, pineknot and anyone else I missed.

can I have a re-do of yesterday?,yesterday was a good day,today is a day from heck here,mil thought my hubby was her brother and was asking if their mother died,also today she is stuck on that we live in Pa.( she used to vacation their with her late husband.)

and asking if my hubby went to NY to pick up her mail,and is puzzled why does it say Va.?

JilliePop :hug  and safe travels.

AngelRoseLite-Glad your package arrived with everything intact.  I added extra tape to it in places hoping it would not get ripped open. Sorry about your washer.  I have been going to the laundromat since June.

Owlvamp and pineknott :hug and wishing you both a better tomorrow

cshort-you're welcome

:hi katyallen8090

And Kuddles :ghug for you and kiddles.  May your hearts ache less with each passing day.

JilliePop :hug  and safe travels.

AngelRoseLite-Glad your package arrived with everything intact.  I added extra tape to it in places hoping it would not get ripped open. Sorry about your washer.  I have been going to the laundromat since June.

Owlvamp and pineknott :hug and wishing you both a better tomorrow

cshort-you're welcome

:hi katyallen8090

And Kuddles :ghug for you and kiddles.  May your hearts ache less with each passing day.

Thanks, bgs.  I'm glad you thought of adding the extra tape.  It was intact when it arrived.  I still haven't had to go to the laundromat.  I use the washer though it makes the loudest noise.  I add an extra rinse cycle to make sure everything is clean.  One of these days I'll probably purchase a used or refurbished washer from my local repair place.  

Good night, everyone :)

Hi All!  Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but my multi quote thing is still not working for me.  Geez, what a pain.   I really relied on it a lot.  It looks like it is working, but when I press the "post" button to start my reply everything is blank, nothing has been saved even though they were counted as I went along.  UGH! So, with that off my chest I'll move on, lol.  I shopped til I dropped today, but I think I have 99% of my Christmas shopping done!  Now I just really need to concentrate on my few knit/crochet projects.  I promised myself I will not stress over them though.  If they get done great, if not, oh well, they will get them a tad late, lol.  Hugs, thoughts a prayers to all.  Be well and be safe,  Know that you are not alone and you have a friend that cares. :hug

Archived