Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tiffers, I have some varigated yarn that is pink, black, white and I think grey, will this fit into your color scheme and would you like a square with it?  It is just sitting here, I bought it when HL was having a HUGE clearance sale on yarn, bought all kinds of yarn those couple weeks.  I keep hoping they have a big clearance sale again on yarn, but seems like no so much!

Beautiful eye candy out there.  I remember my first square last year was from Katy, but alas I didn't keep track of who sent me what!  I just know it is turquoise and black!

As for what I like about crochet the most is the fact that I can do it and watch tv or talk at the same time. Seems mindless, you really don't have to think to much when doing it!  Good for winding down the day as well!

Katie, those squares are lovely and trust me, if they were cotton, I would be all on them (or turquoise!). 

Have an awesome day everyone, may it be filled with sunshine, joy and lots of laughter!  Be blessed!

Tiffer, labor of love my dear!!

It's just one dress :) It's reversible. LOL I haven't ever had any issues before the needle hitting the plate incident yesterday so I just kinda freaked out. A new machine is in order tho, as this one is not quite all that I need given that I am really wanting to expand into more elaborate sewing. For now I am just a beginner that can follow a tutorial. LOL 

Love that flash back. I am pretty sure my first square came from Mom w/a Motif back in late 2010 or early 2011. Time flies when you're collecting puffies! 

Today wasn't quite as productive as I had hoped, but there's always tomorrow. Can't wait to see more squares roll in for the queen! She has worked so hard keeping this thread going! Again Katie, thanks so much for all you do! :hug 

Hey ya, darling, love the colors too, at first, I thought it was a real baby, lol  

Woot got my friendly lil monster done pop on over here and check it out

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/146825-friendly-lil-dragon-swimsuit-coveruph

I had planned to start posting pictures of squares that I've received on the 1st of June and my completed afghan at the end of the month, but time got away from me. But I am officially on summer break now and can think about something other than work. So here is a picture...... these were from abigail1280.

post-4459-0-80047100-1370639868_thumb.jpg

Both blocks are beautiful. Where did you find the pattern for the heart one? I wouldn't mind having the other pattern too.

April's Purple Passion Heart Square: http://dishclothdiaries.blogspot.com/2008/09/passion-for-purple.html

Trebling Granny: http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/126166-trebling-granny-square-12x12inches-2-images/?hl=%2Btrebling+%2Bgranny

I had planned to start posting pictures of squares that I've received on the 1st of June and my completed afghan at the end of the month, but time got away from me. But I am officially on summer break now and can think about something other than work. So here is a picture...... these were from abigail1280.

attachicon.gifabigail1280.JPG

Love these autumn squares!

kuddles

Those are beautiful!

I bought a skein(hank) of a beautiful hand dyed golden yellow cotton yarn,from Peru, a week or so ago...Of course I needed to wind it into a ball so proceded as I usually do... First un-twisting it then opening it up to find the tied spots..That was the easy part...I don't have a swift and I don't think one would have been particulary useful here...I cut the tied spots and untied the ends and started winding a ball....Oh my, oh me, what a fine tangled mess I got myself into...Never have I found myself in such a quandry....I have been untangling and winding now for several days...The first day I know I put in 8 hours,..I since have come to include it in my morning routine....Cat, coffee,., E-mail, Cville, Bone growth stimulator and tangled mess undoing...I only work on it for 2 hours a day now...when my bone growth stimulator beeps to off I set the mess aside and start hooking on my latest WIP...By the time I have completed this task I will, more than likely, have grown weary of this particular yarn and it will be amongst the back shelf stash...Now where is my Prozac...

I usually find a tangled mess when I work with yarn that comes from Turkey,to a point that I try to avoid purchasing yarn if it comes from there

to have been working on it for days wow,if it doesn't move along after a day for me,thats it,I toss it

I bought a skein(hank) of a beautiful hand dyed golden yellow cotton yarn,from Peru, a week or so ago...Of course I needed to wind it into a ball so proceded as I usually do... First un-twisting it then opening it up to find the tied spots..That was the easy part...I don't have a swift and I don't think one would have been particulary useful here...I cut the tied spots and untied the ends and started winding a ball....Oh my, oh me, what a fine tangled mess I got myself into...Never have I found myself in such a quandry....I have been untangling and winding now for several days...The first day I know I put in 8 hours,..I since have come to include it in my morning routine....Cat, coffee,., E-mail, Cville, Bone growth stimulator and tangled mess undoing...I only work on it for 2 hours a day now...when my bone growth stimulator beeps to off I set the mess aside and start hooking on my latest WIP...By the time I have completed this task I will, more than likely, have grown weary of this particular yarn and it will be amongst the back shelf stash...Now where is my Prozac...

I'm suppose to be working on finances today...  :reyes  I've been switching from C'ville to Raverly for the last hour or so. My bank locked me out so technically I"m waiting for them to open. Thats my excuse and I"m sticking to it. I'm working on 2 baby blankets and a shawl. Once I find out what my friend is having, then I'm making yet another baby blanket. A new friend I met asked if I could make something for her grand babies and I've soo got to start my sister Christmas gift......A woman's work is never done. 

Good morning! I had an early and productive start today--lots of cleaning and laundry, and even did a little cooking--was supposed to have people over this afternoon for a crochet lesson but everyone canceled. Now I'm just going to enjoy my day and work on some projects! I'm working on two sets of squares for two different charities, our Queens squares, stitching together my aunt's ghan, and an afghan for my sister. Hopefully I can get a little time in on each!

I know I previously mentioned that I'm only two squares away from finishing my ghan, I just wanted to show off all my amazing squares that have been sent to me! Skoggy has gratiously offered to make my last two squares, so they'll get added to the mix before stitching commences!

post-35506-0-02516400-1370706751_thumb.jpg

UGH!

I'm suppose to be working on finances today...  :reyes  I've been switching from C'ville to Raverly for the last hour or so. My bank locked me out so technically I"m waiting for them to open. Thats my excuse and I"m sticking to it. I'm working on 2 baby blankets and a shawl. Once I find out what my friend is having, then I'm making yet another baby blanket. A new friend I met asked if I could make something for her grand babies and I've soo got to start my sister Christmas gift......A woman's work is never done. 

Busy!

Good morning! I had an early and productive start today--lots of cleaning and laundry, and even did a little cooking--was supposed to have people over this afternoon for a crochet lesson but everyone canceled. Now I'm just going to enjoy my day and work on some projects! I'm working on two sets of squares for two different charities, our Queens squares, stitching together my aunt's ghan, and an afghan for my sister. Hopefully I can get a little time in on each!

I know I previously mentioned that I'm only two squares away from finishing my ghan, I just wanted to show off all my amazing squares that have been sent to me! Skoggy has gratiously offered to make my last two squares, so they'll get added to the mix before stitching commences!

Great looking! Nice Skoggy!

Today's picture... square from analisa_roche

attachicon.gifanalisa_roche.jpg

Nice!

Kiddles and I have been hanging out. I got one month of free netflix so she is watching some fun cartoons.......after I 'made' her do xtramath on the computer (she has to keep it up this summer) and I was prepping material for some new totes and got one completely made. A nice gal at work gave me several yards of fabric so to thank her, I made a tote for her!

Well, we have a family par-tay tonight so gotta run! Have a great rest of your day all!

kuddles

Katie, don't forget I needed to know if you have a favourite ice cream flavor! :D

ohyes sorry, thanks for reminding me, I love chocolate. Strawberry comes in second!!!!!!!!! humm, why me wonders??

Oh poor estee, isn't that just frustrating as all get out!! I would have probably stuck with it, thinking, i spent on this, I HAVE to save it from itself, its not BAD yarn, it just wasn't brought up right!!!!!!!

Beautiful squares!

yes indeedy!!

I usually find a tangled mess when I work with yarn that comes from Turkey,to a point that I try to avoid purchasing yarn if it comes from there

to have been working on it for days wow,if it doesn't move along after a day for me,thats it,I toss it

You did not just say that!!! You throw it out!!!! Oh my, where's MY PROZAC!!! lol

Well, when the bank opens for you, see if there is enough for YARN in one of those accounts, lol

who was it that a couple of us helped out with white saltines? was wondering if she finished that project

yeah, you know, she emailed me i think soon after, and said she really appreciated our help, and didn't know when she would find time but she would let us know when she got it done.!! All those little saltines, dang, I can't blame her at all, that has got to be time consuming as hec!!! No cheese on those crackers!!!!!!!

wowzers, that is gorrrr jeese!!! How generous of Ms. Emma to make two more, means a lot coming from across the pond and all doesn't it!!

wow!!! Hey I haven't heard from her at all, she still around!! 

Rainy Saturday, staying in and keeping busy, my house sparkles. lol I am the exact opposite if there is one, of a hoarder, I am always taking things i no longer want or need to one of the local charities, I hate disorder, and most of all, hate hate hate a dirty house, lol Not that it hasn't been from time to time, but never for long, I hate a mess, and can't concentrate on other things, if looking at something near that needs done! ah well, now you know my dirty,, I mean clean little secret, lol Im not obsessive compulsive about it or anything, i just know what I like, and what i don't, lol

How bout all of you, do you prefer order, or do you not mind a sinkful of dishes soaking, knowning full well, they will wait while you finish that square!!!!!! lol!! 

Hi All!  Guess what.... I finished my nephew's afghan!  I'm not at my desktop right now so I can only give you a link to my Rav page if you want to have a peek.  I'm happy with it.  Hubby doesn't like the way I joined it.  Oh well, too bad, it's not for him anyway, lol. Have a great weekend everyone!

Woot got my friendly lil monster done pop on over here and check it out

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/146825-friendly-lil-dragon-swimsuit-coverup/

Too cute!!!

Very nice!

Oh no!

How awful.  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll stay away from yarn from there.

Busy little bee! Lol!  I'm  supposed to be doing some finances too, ummm, I don't have an excuse.  I just don't feel like it! :lol

Beautiful!!!

Nice square!

Kiddles and I have been hanging out. I got one month of free netflix so she is watching some fun cartoons.......after I 'made' her do xtramath on the computer (she has to keep it up this summer) and I was prepping material for some new totes and got one completely made. A nice gal at work gave me several yards of fabric so to thank her, I made a tote for her!

Well, we have a family par-tay tonight so gotta run! Have a great rest of your day all!

kuddles

Hope you enjoy the par-tay!!!

And they are nearly ready to be mailed :)

I'll get Felicia's squares out next week and take a pic of them lined up ready to joined. I've got so much square stuff going on at the moment... but I love it :D

And they are nearly ready to be mailed :)

I'll get Felicia's squares out next week and take a pic of them lined up ready to joined. I've got so much square stuff going on at the moment... but I love it :D

Yay! Thank you SO much!

I  LOVE LOVE LOVE to untangle yarn.  I find it very relaxing.  

Archived