Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

My computer and  I are having differences of opinion this morning. I had a bunch of quotes with comments and a picture of some squares. It looked good while I was typing it but when I posted it most of it was missing. So………

Katyallen, the squares are all beautiful, you have been very busy.

Snowflake5165, I know how you were feeling, I was met by a snake a few weeks ago when I stepped out the door, I stepped back in really fast and went out a different door.

Kuddles, the totes are great.

I don't have any plans for today (except for a couple loads of laundry) so I think I will work on a baby afghan.

And today’s blast from the past……squares from crsheridan

post-4459-0-87674000-1371302056_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kuddles, I didn't know you were collecting cotton squares!  I have TONS of cotton and could and slipped a few squares in you packet!!!

katie really should be letting us spoil her!  Not that I am complaining, mind you!  I love the squares I got, but still!! 

When I got home, believe me, I looked all around for that snake!  Luckily I got home it was still day light out, so at least I could see.  Maybe when the yard gets mowed the snake will run!

Snakes don't usually stay in one spot for very long...unless they are contained...My eldest son has a Ball Python...It is very sweet...and not real big...It is the only snake that I'm not afraid of...My old saying is I only like snakes that are behind glass or a comfortable distance from me...Of course I like snake shoes, purses, wallets and just about anything made from snake skin...Oh I forgot...I like rattlesnake fritters and nuggets...Yum, yum....

My computer and  I are having differences of opinion this morning. I had a bunch of quotes with comments and a picture of some squares. It looked good while I was typing it but when I posted it most of it was missing. So………

Snowflake5165, I know how you were feeling, I was met by a snake a few weeks ago when I stepped out the door, I stepped back in really fast and went out a different door.

I don't have any plans for today (except for a couple loads of laundry) so I think I will work on a baby afghan.

attachicon.gifcrsheridan 2.jpg

Great squares!

Kuddles, I didn't know you were collecting cotton squares!  I have TONS of cotton and could and slipped a few squares in you packet!!!

katie really should be letting us spoil her!  Not that I am complaining, mind you!  I love the squares I got, but still!! 

When I got home, believe me, I looked all around for that snake!  Luckily I got home it was still day light out, so at least I could see.  Maybe when the yard gets mowed the snake will run!

I collected 8" cotton squares before but most people said they didn't have cotton so I changed recently....but by all means, if you want to make me some cotton squares, I won't say no!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I had a hair appt this morning, followed by some shopping for birthday gifts and a father's day gift. Gotta give a shout out to the folks at Home Depot, I had no idea where to find what my dad was wanting and they lead me straight to it!

I'll be heading to a birthday party for my best friend's youngest son this afternoon, and will definitely be picking up my hook later this evening!

Hey all!  Not at my best, so I'll just say hi!  You're all on my mind.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Ann, you were up late honey! It makes me smile every time you post.......then I know you are feeling up to it! Hugs!

Playdate for Kiddles today, the girl will be over here. What have I done??!!

kuddles

Thanks for the hugs Kuddles, I can use them today. Back atcha too! :hug

Here's the puffy Katie sent me! Isn't it HER month?? She needs to let us spoil her!

Thanks sweetie!

(the 4 smaller are cotton squares I was collecting, along with a new 12 incher per my new specs!)

Love these!

Ooohhh, very nice!

Recent totes I made......the animal batik is for ME! Finally used it and I absolutely love it! Chug a bug tote for Kiddles - we shout out everytime we see one when we are in the car. And the old fashioned fabric one I made for a sweetie at work as a thank you for giving me several yards of the material . Just thought I'd throw some eye candy on here!

Awww, I love them.  You make the bestest totes! :clap

Pretty squares!  I understand about the computer.  Mine has been giving me troubles for weeks! :reyes

Ok, I'm off to the couch for a bit.  I'll try to pop back in later, but no promises, lol.  Take care!

I love those totes! Everyone's squares are great. I've been quietly lurking around waiting to hear that my FFA package has arrived at it's destination - not yet!

I have a short nursing shift this afternoon so I'm spending the day doing housework and a bit of baking for the kids for school. My daughters dance group is having a cake stall to raise money to help with expenses to get to schools spectacular later in the year, so I want to trial some new recipes and test out my new oven. After that I'm hoping to fit in a little crochet.

I have been searching patterns to make a floor mat for my lounge room. I have settled on a doily pattern that I am going to make up out of old cotton sheets. I hope it works out!

I love seeing all the different pretties!! The afghans are great and the bags are fabulous!!

I am hoping to finish 2 projects this week!! I need to get moving on some squares, my big box of scrap just sits and stares at me.... :reyes

Hello everyone. I've run my errands and done my chores. Now I'm watching the movie Life of Pi, not my usual movie choice but my brother brought me the dvd last night and said it was good.

Now for today's pretty, from Crochet321

attachicon.gifCrochet 321.jpg

wow, blast from the past!

I'm hoping my FFA package is received soon!

Im hoping everyone is going to get thier puffys soon f or may Free For all, to the best of my knowledge, they are on their way.

Recent totes I made......the animal batik is for ME! Finally used it and I absolutely love it! Chug a bug tote for Kiddles - we shout out everytime we see one when we are in the car. And the old fashioned fabric one I made for a sweetie at work as a thank you for giving me several yards of the material . Just thought I'd throw some eye candy on here!

Just goegeous totes! Loving the animal one!

yay, crochet day!

Snakes don't usually stay in one spot for very long...unless they are contained...My eldest son has a Ball Python...It is very sweet...and not real big...It is the only snake that I'm not afraid of...My old saying is I only like snakes that are behind glass or a comfortable distance from me...Of course I like snake shoes, purses, wallets and just about anything made from snake skin...Oh I forgot...I like rattlesnake fritters and nuggets...Yum, yum....

you my dear, are a better person that I, then, no snake no matter where, how far, how close, how big or sall is on my list of favs!

I love those totes! Everyone's squares are great. I've been quietly lurking around waiting to hear that my FFA package has arrived at it's destination - not yet!

I have a short nursing shift this afternoon so I'm spending the day doing housework and a bit of baking for the kids for school. My daughters dance group is having a cake stall to raise money to help with expenses to get to schools spectacular later in the year, so I want to trial some new recipes and test out my new oven. After that I'm hoping to fit in a little crochet.

I have been searching patterns to make a floor mat for my lounge room. I have settled on a doily pattern that I am going to make up out of old cotton sheets. I hope it works out!

Hi Paula!! Nice to see you post, you are a busy lady!  Hoping all puffys ariive soon.

LOOK!!!!!!!!!!  A puffy came today!!!!! From our Bgs!! I am in shock!!

One sashay scarf in blue my favorite color!! and two skeins of yarn to try to do it myself!!!!!!!

I just don't know what to say Brenda, thank you seems so insanely inadequate, but thank you so much, I absolutely never expected this!!! Im am not worthy!!!!!! she says, as she prances around with said scarf around her neck!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo, im in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!

post-40621-0-78201300-1371345581_thumb.jpgpost-40621-0-52047300-1371345534_thumb.jpg

Here's the puffy Katie sent me! Isn't it HER month?? She needs to let us spoil her!

Thanks sweetie!

(the 4 smaller are cotton squares I was collecting, along with a new 12 incher per my new specs!)

Love these!

Love those squares!

How can I get in line for a tote? ;)  They are beautiful!

More eye candy!  Those colors are really speaking to me :)

I lived in Arizona for a bit.  The rattlesnakes liked to blend in with the water hose and between the big trash cans.  I am amazed no one was bitten while watering at night or taking the trash out.  Other unpleasant visitors inside the house were the scorpions.  I used to imagine that they'd be easy to see since they are dark and big.  Not so!  They were blond and small.   :eek

Great squares!

I collected 8" cotton squares before but most people said they didn't have cotton so I changed recently....but by all means, if you want to make me some cotton squares, I won't say no!

I don't remember seeing that.  I have some for you in your current colors, but I'll add some 8-inch cotton squares.  Any pattern, any color?

One sashay scarf in blue my favorite color!! and two skeins of yarn to try to do it myself!!!!!!!

I just don't know what to say Brenda, thank you seems so insanely inadequate, but thank you so much, I absolutely never expected this!!! Im am not worthy!!!!!! she says, as she prances around with said scarf around her neck!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo, im in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!

attachicon.gif100_3440.jpgattachicon.gif100_3439.jpg

Whoo-hoo!  I love those scarves.  Wear it with your tiara and scepter!

It was a busy, busy day today.  I helped my sister make "birria" to celebrate my godson's graduation from high school.  I was also the server, and with almost 20 people straggling in, I hardly sat all day.  I'm home and very, very tired.  It was a good meal and great company, though.  

Happy Sunday, gals :)

Thanks for all the kudos on my totes! I love to sew totes and purses as well as crochet!

Katie, great sashays! Can't wait to see YOUR scarf you make!

AngelRoseLite - yup any pattern, just like them in 8" and some bright colors would be great!!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

well good morning.

hardly awake here, morning diet coke is out there, two sips out of it so far, so bear with me, lol

I plan on showing dd my sashay, Im going to sashay around all day today, wearing it, just because!!!! I can't wait to get started on one myself, I have watched many videos, but wonders how Bgs got hers so full and pretty and what pattern SHE used!!!!!! lol

yeah, the totes were darling, you are quite the talented one Ms. Kuddles!!

Rattlesnakes and scorpions, well hey, TWO very good reasons NOT to reside in Az, if you ask me, not knocking it, just couldn't deal with that, just as I can't deal with too much rain in Washington, or too many beaches and flowers in Hawaii, oh wait, that I could deal with I think, lol (wink)

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, i was singing that whilst sasahaying in my blue sashay!!!!!!!

Ok, well, big din din today, dd is heading over bout noon, and hope she brings something to watch on tv, cause I don't think much of the line up for today, lol.

Talk to you later, gotta scrub that bathroom down!!!! My jello cake is done, and is getting cool in the fridge, the chicken is soaking in salt water, ( makes the chicken oh so tender) and the potato salad needs mixing up today, as i did the potatoes and eggs yesterday, only have to add the onions,and some trims, and mayo of course!!!!

Heres a question for you all. when you have to use mayo, what kind do you prefer.... I am a Miracle Lite fan, for things like tato salad, but like Helmans lite on sandwichs and such....Go figure!!!!! All for now, Gotta sashay my little buns and finish things up before noonish!!!!!!!!!! Best of the best, those of you with fathers, i hope you remember them today!! I didn't really know my dad, as he died when I was very young...My mom at the time, thought it best NOT to take us little kids, (me and my little sis) to the funeral, so I don't really have any memories of all of him. Isn't that a gyp!!!!!!!                 But I remember him on his day, and birthday,none the less.....

well good morning.

hardly awake here, morning diet coke is out there, two sips out of it so far, so bear with me, lol

I plan on showing dd my sashay, Im going to sashay around all day today, wearing it, just because!!!! I can't wait to get started on one myself, I have watched many videos, but wonders how Bgs got hers so full and pretty and what pattern SHE used!!!!!! lol

Rattlesnakes and scorpions, well hey, TWO very good reasons NOT to reside in Az, if you ask me, not knocking it, just couldn't deal with that, just as I can't deal with too much rain in Washington, or too many beaches and flowers in Hawaii, oh wait, that I could deal with I think, lol (wink)

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, i was singing that whilst sasahaying in my blue sashay!!!!!!!

Ok, well, big din din today, dd is heading over bout noon, and hope she brings something to watch on tv, cause I don't think much of the line up for today, lol.

Talk to you later, gotta scrub that bathroom down!!!! My jello cake is done, and is getting cool in the fridge, the chicken is soaking in salt water, ( makes the chicken oh so tender) and the potato salad needs mixing up today, as i did the potatoes and eggs yesterday, only have to add the onions,and some trims, and mayo of course!!!!

Heres a question for you all. when you have to use mayo, what kind do you prefer.... I am a Miracle Lite fan, for things like tato salad, but like Helmans lite on sandwichs and such....Go figure!!!!! All for now, Gotta sashay my little buns and finish things up before noonish!!!!!!!!!! Best of the best, those of you with fathers, i hope you remember them today!! I didn't really know my dad, as he died when I was very young...My mom at the time, thought it best NOT to take us little kids, (me and my little sis) to the funeral, so I don't really have any memories of all of him. Isn't that a gyp!!!!!!!                 But I remember him on his day, and birthday,none the less.....

Stunning scarf! I don't know if I can find that Sashay yarn over here. I've thinking about making my Mum and Sister one for Xmas this year. My Mum love scarves. I got her 2 tatty looking scarves (the style was tatty, not that they were old and full of holes) for Mothers Day.

Your question about Mayo... I know it doesn't answer your question but its something to talk about :lol but I'm actually allergic to Mayo. Its a real pain in the rear when I want to just pop into a store to get a quick sarnie but nearly all sandwiches have mayo in. Let alone potato salad or pasta salad. I substitute it alot with creme fraiche. Mr Skoggy makes a lovely potato salad using creme fraiche. Fromage frais, soured cream... all worthy substitutes. :)

wow emma, never heard of those ingredients, lol just goes to show you, different places, different stuff, huh!

well ok, sour cream, yeah, but the rest......nope.

I started a sashay, pink and grey, from one of the skiens Bgs sent me, the yarn is luccious  and delicious but taking some getting used to working with it. I will however make that scarifice, for something so pretty! I am not too accustomed to working with the finer threads, and that is kind of like this, but I making it through, bout half way done,(thank goodness Maggie used a k hook, )lol  i would suppose, and will post when i am finsihed. I don't know how though that Bgs got hers sooooo full, must have used a harder pattern than I did, I went Maggie Weldon's way, for the first time I make one, till I can get used to the yarn and working with it, then I will tackle something more intricate, lol 

House is all clean, so much rain the other day, 2 1/4 inches in the guage, in an hour! sheesh, where is Noah when you really need him, huh!!!!!!!

Have you all ever heard of a jello cake for recipie click on underlined words .. ANd j ok so I guess the name is poke cake, but we call it jello cake!! Its a family favorite around here, just wondering.. Mine is done, just needs the whipped cream and strawberries on the top, and Ill do that right before we Eat it! lol

went through my towel cupboard, ( DD says she only has six at her place, for the two of them) and I had offered a long while back to take some of mine, we have more then we could use in a month, using one each day, lol for the two of us! SO now, she wants them, lol.....Ah well, less to store for me, frees up more space for yep,,,,,YARN! lol

Ah... forgot about the country divide. :D Fromage frais is cream cheese and creme fraiche is like a really thick cream, a bit like sour cream. You won't find it in the cream section though, more likely in the cheese bit near imported cheese maybe. You might find it in "better" stores. I've seen Ina Garten use it in her Barefoot Contessa show so I'm positive its there if you can find it. :hug Nice stuff!

wow emma, never heard of those ingredients, lol just goes to show you, different places, different stuff, huh!

I started a sashay, pink and grey, from one of the skiens Bgs sent me, the yarn is luccious  and delicious but taking some getting used to working with it. I will however make that scarifice, for something so pretty! I am not too accustomed to working with the finer threads, and that is kind of like this, but I making it through, bout half way done,(thank goodness Maggie used a k hook, )lol  i would suppose, and will post when i am finsihed. I don't know how though that Bgs got hers sooooo full, must have used a harder pattern than I did, I went Maggie Weldon's way, for the first time I make one, till I can get used to the yarn and working with it, then I will tackle something more intricate, lol 

House is all clean, so much rain the other day, 2 1/4 inches in the guage, in an hour! sheesh, where is Noah when you really need him, huh!!!!!!!

Have you all ever heard of a jello cake for recipie click on underlined words .. ANd j ok so I guess the name is poke cake, but we call it jello cake!! Its a family favorite around here, just wondering.. Mine is done, just needs the whipped cream and strawberries on the top, and Ill do that right before we Eat it! lol

went through my towel cupboard, ( DD says she only has six at her place, for the two of them) and I had offered a long while back to take some of mine, we have more then we could use in a month, using one each day, lol for the two of us! SO now, she wants them, lol.....Ah well, less to store for me, frees up more space for yep,,,,,YARN! lol

I don't normally eat cake (I just don't like it), but jello cake is one that is an exception.  I love it, it always seems to be so moist.  

Such a busy lady! It's good to hear from you.  Don't worry too much about your FFA package.  I'm sure it will reach it's destination soon.  I remember when I sent you a square it took about a month to reach you.  I was a nervous wreck thinking it had got lost, lol. Good luck with your baking and crocheting today. I'd love to see the floor mat when it's done!

attachicon.gif100_3440.jpgattachicon.gif100_3439.jpg

WooHoo, it's beautiful!!!

Love those squares!

How can I get in line for a tote? ;)  They are beautiful!

More eye candy!  Those colors are really speaking to me :)

I lived in Arizona for a bit.  The rattlesnakes liked to blend in with the water hose and between the big trash cans.  I am amazed no one was bitten while watering at night or taking the trash out.  Other unpleasant visitors inside the house were the scorpions.  I used to imagine that they'd be easy to see since they are dark and big.  Not so!  They were blond and small.   :eek

I don't remember seeing that.  I have some for you in your current colors, but I'll add some 8-inch cotton squares.  Any pattern, any color?

Whoo-hoo!  I love those scarves.  Wear it with your tiara and scepter!

It was a busy, busy day today.  I helped my sister make "birria" to celebrate my godson's graduation from high school.  I was also the server, and with almost 20 people straggling in, I hardly sat all day.  I'm home and very, very tired.  It was a good meal and great company, though.  

Happy Sunday, gals :)

Hope you get some rest after your busy day.  I'm curious, what is "birria".

well good morning.

I don't care for Miracle Whip, never have.  Hellman's Lite is my favorite mayo.

Stunning scarf! I don't know if I can find that Sashay yarn over here. I've thinking about making my Mum and Sister one for Xmas this year. My Mum love scarves. I got her 2 tatty looking scarves (the style was tatty, not that they were old and full of holes) for Mothers Day.

Your question about Mayo... I know it doesn't answer your question but its something to talk about :lol but I'm actually allergic to Mayo. Its a real pain in the rear when I want to just pop into a store to get a quick sarnie but nearly all sandwiches have mayo in. Let alone potato salad or pasta salad. I substitute it alot with creme fraiche. Mr Skoggy makes a lovely potato salad using creme fraiche. Fromage frais, soured cream... all worthy substitutes. :)

Explain please, lol.

I've only made one of these scarves and have sworn off making another, lol.  That yarn just is not for me!  After trying several patterns including Maggie's I settled in Carol Ballard's.  I have one more skein in pink that just might end up as a giveaway someday, lol. Oh, and the Jello cake!  I haven't made that in years, but it was always a big hit!

Ah... forgot about the country divide. :D Fromage frais is cream cheese and creme fraiche is like a really thick cream, a bit like sour cream. You won't find it in the cream section though, more likely in the cheese bit near imported cheese maybe. You might find it in "better" stores. I've seen Ina Garten use it in her Barefoot Contessa show so I'm positive its there if you can find it. :hug Nice stuff!

Thanks Skoggy. They sound interesting.

Not been well this weekend. ended up in hospital with a kidney stone, irritable bowle syndrome plus they said i have a cyst in my liver and arthritis in my back. might try to catch up on posts later. but just letting you know i am still around

Not been well this weekend. ended up in hospital with a kidney stone, irritable bowle syndrome plus they said i have a cyst in my liver and arthritis in my back. might try to catch up on posts later. but just letting you know i am still around

:hug Take care of yourself :hug

No more waiting Paula - it's here!! I got spoiled! :yay I'm not at home right now, so I can't do pictures, but I'll try to get some up tomorrow. There's some yummy-colored yarn, and squares, and a tote bag and all sorts of goodies - and a packet of Tim Tams, which I debated sharing but at the moment I'm thinking I'll keep for myself. ;)

The package actually arrived yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to get online yesterday given that it was pretty horrible. I went for a run at a local park in the morning with our dog - somewhere in the 1.6 miles of hills we did, I lost both her license tag AND the car key. We did the whole loop again - poor dog was worn out; every time we stopped by a puddle she flopped her whole self down in it - and didn't find them; eventually I had to call my husband to come pick us up with the other car. Of course he had to bring the little guy along, and then he stayed to search while I took the dog home to rest. Little guy and I went back over and we all looked a little more and eventually gave up and went home for food and a desperate search for the spare key - which had been missing for weeks. Did I mention my purse was locked in the car as well? Eventually I went back to the park and with the aid of a bent curtain rod was able to haul my purse up to where I could grab the handles, and thank heavens the spare key was in an outside pocket. It was A Day, I can tell you! But I did get to hear for the rest of the day "Mommy, Daddy and I come a wescue you and Wottie! You happy now?" which was *plenty* adorable.

So one thing that made it nicer was that when I arrived home after successfully finding the spare key the mail had come, and my husband told me I had a present! And I knew what it had to be and was as excited as I had energy left to be, at least. ;) And the little guy loves his books - thank you so much for including them! For everyone who's not Paula, there was a box with four little board books about Australian animals, shaped like the animals! I showed it to him after he woke up from his nap and he asked to open it and read them right away. We read Frilled Lizard and Kangaroo and then Emu. We read the first page of Kangaroo and he held his hand out in a cup and "scooped" the kangaroo, and told me, "This is my friend kangawoo!" So then friend kangaroo sat with us while we finished the story. I got a lizard friend - oh, and the lizard (who has its mouth open on the cover) was talking to somebody who wanted a popsicle. They were a big hit! Thank you!!

So hooray for the FFA! I think we're almost done now, right? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, and I think I saw Maria's is still out? Can't be much longer now!

:hug Hope you feel better soon. :hug 

No more waiting Paula - it's here!! I got spoiled! :yay I'm not at home right now, so I can't do pictures, but I'll try to get some up tomorrow. There's some yummy-colored yarn, and squares, and a tote bag and all sorts of goodies - and a packet of Tim Tams, which I debated sharing but at the moment I'm thinking I'll keep for myself. ;)

The package actually arrived yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to get online yesterday given that it was pretty horrible. I went for a run at a local park in the morning with our dog - somewhere in the 1.6 miles of hills we did, I lost both her license tag AND the car key. We did the whole loop again - poor dog was worn out; every time we stopped by a puddle she flopped her whole self down in it - and didn't find them; eventually I had to call my husband to come pick us up with the other car. Of course he had to bring the little guy along, and then he stayed to search while I took the dog home to rest. Little guy and I went back over and we all looked a little more and eventually gave up and went home for food and a desperate search for the spare key - which had been missing for weeks. Did I mention my purse was locked in the car as well? Eventually I went back to the park and with the aid of a bent curtain rod was able to haul my purse up to where I could grab the handles, and thank heavens the spare key was in an outside pocket. It was A Day, I can tell you! But I did get to hear for the rest of the day "Mommy, Daddy and I come a wescue you and Wottie! You happy now?" which was *plenty* adorable.

So one thing that made it nicer was that when I arrived home after successfully finding the spare key the mail had come, and my husband told me I had a present! And I knew what it had to be and was as excited as I had energy left to be, at least. ;) And the little guy loves his books - thank you so much for including them! For everyone who's not Paula, there was a box with four little board books about Australian animals, shaped like the animals! I showed it to him after he woke up from his nap and he asked to open it and read them right away. We read Frilled Lizard and Kangaroo and then Emu. We read the first page of Kangaroo and he held his hand out in a cup and "scooped" the kangaroo, and told me, "This is my friend kangawoo!" So then friend kangaroo sat with us while we finished the story. I got a lizard friend - oh, and the lizard (who has its mouth open on the cover) was talking to somebody who wanted a popsicle. They were a big hit! Thank you!!

So hooray for the FFA! I think we're almost done now, right? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, and I think I saw Maria's is still out? Can't be much longer now!

What a day you had!  So nice that it ended on a good note.  Wonderful goodies!

I couldn't imagine scorpions!!!  We deal with these huge cockroaches that fly!!  It has nothing to do if you have a clean house or not, they live in the trees I heard and them come looking for someplace cool in this heat!  The first one I ever say was the first night I lived here, and it freaked me out!!!  I had boxes sitting around still and it was the middle of the night.  I heard something scritch scratching and thought I had a mouse.  Well, it wasn't!  I was one of the flying cockroaches.  I didn't know they flew until later.  I was at work early one morning and saw one, and when one of the guys from work tried to kill it, it flew at me!!!  When these things walk on bare floors, it sounds like a dog walking!  Sorry to gross ya'll out!! LOL

Katie, the scarf is beautiful.  I have been trying to learn how to do it, but havent tried it yet.  I use mostly the fun furs, I have a stole I have almost done that I started, but it is heavy, so right now, not working on it.

Beautiful squares, totes, scarves, all kinds of eye candy is popping up!!!  I got some more squares almost done to send out!

Well, gonna rest early tonight, I am working from home again and gonna get up early to go walking, so it is not so hot on me.  It's in the upper 80's around 8:30 am so decided to go out when I get up at 7 instead of dragging around in the am! 

Ya'll have a blessed week!!! 

poor baby... Feel better fast!

I couldn't imagine scorpions!!!  We deal with these huge cockroaches that fly!!  It has nothing to do if you have a clean house or not, they live in the trees I heard and them come looking for someplace cool in this heat!  The first one I ever say was the first night I lived here, and it freaked me out!!!  I had boxes sitting around still and it was the middle of the night.  I heard something scritch scratching and thought I had a mouse.  Well, it wasn't!  I was one of the flying cockroaches.  I didn't know they flew until later.  I was at work early one morning and saw one, and when one of the guys from work tried to kill it, it flew at me!!!  When these things walk on bare floors, it sounds like a dog walking!  Sorry to gross ya'll out!! LOL

Katie, the scarf is beautiful.  I have been trying to learn how to do it, but havent tried it yet.  I use mostly the fun furs, I have a stole I have almost done that I started, but it is heavy, so right now, not working on it.

Beautiful squares, totes, scarves, all kinds of eye candy is popping up!!!  I got some more squares almost done to send out!

Well, gonna rest early tonight, I am working from home again and gonna get up early to go walking, so it is not so hot on me.  It's in the upper 80's around 8:30 am so decided to go out when I get up at 7 instead of dragging around in the am! 

Ya'll have a blessed week!!! 

Ewwwwwww is all i can say about  the flying you know whats!

Yep far as I know, the puffys are out on their great journey, soooooooo, twiddles thumbs here, we must wait, lol

I finished up the scarf in pink and grey, one of the skeins Bgs sent me, it turned out terriric!! Light is gone this evening, but tomorrow, I will surely snap a pic...I showed dd, the one brenda made, course she wanted it, but I am keeping it, and then she said when i finish up the pink and grey, could I make her a black and white, and then have the  pink and grey, too! lol

Maggie said it' only takes a half hour to make one....Maggie is a superwoman then, Katie is not....But I stuck with it, it gets easier, and eventually, doing more, as I suspect all of my brunch bunch will want one ,lol I will progress and be a bit faster!! It's like working with thread, and a k hook,,,,,,,,uh.....awkward!!! \

good day today, me tired, so good night for the time being, see ya tomorrow!

I'm so glad it came and was such a hit! What a day you had! I'm still working on the little thing for your little man. Now I know it will definitely be a hit. :-)

Archived