Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is mine.  Its from a long time ago (Sept. 2010). I did not even have to put it together.  I had commented that I liked making squares and sending them out but there was no point in me collecting squares because I would never get it put together.  Then this showed up and it even came with a name, Minnie Pearl.   

Another GORGEOUS ghan! Woot!

WOW! So many pretty pictures, so much chit chat! LOVE it!

Hugs to you guys having 'issues'. :ghug ....mine is okay. Culture came back showing nothing so.......don't know what has been up but feeling better so may be just a 'bug' that worked it's way out? I hope! Here's to all of us feeling MUCH better!

Wish I could use that black square, it is lovely! But sounds like we might have someone that needs it so....

Katie - question. What is your favorite types of yarn to use? No you can't ask why I'm asking.....and it may mean nothing, trying to throw you off track so when you get your puffy, the extras will surprise you! LOL

Well, got to get Kiddles and I moving......another long day!

HUGS!

kuddles

Wow Look what happens when U are feeling bad and gone for the day lol. 

Love All the "eye candy".  That blue 'ghan is gourgeous. How lucky were u.

Tiffers just keep pushing till they find out what is going on. Prayers are with you.

I am feeling better. Migraine got horrible Tuesday. I went to bed at 8pm slept till 8 am. I was litterally writhing in pain. was like a band of hurt wrapped around my head.

When hubby kissed me bye Wednesday morning he said I didnt even lift my head to kiss him back. I did tell him to have a good day but he could barely understand it and I dont rememebr it.

Wednesday consisted of sleeping off and on (migraine hangover) and a dull annoying ache in my neck and head that would get worse then wain off then get worse ect.

This morning I dont feel like I have been run over. I still have an ache that has moved down to my shoulder blade.  I have an eye appt at 1230 today and got to have my tb test checked at 4. Other then that nothing to do today.

Of course it is a rainy day blah. 

HUGS!

Wow Look what happens when U are feeling bad and gone for the day lol. 

Love All the "eye candy".  That blue 'ghan is gourgeous. How lucky were u.

Tiffers just keep pushing till they find out what is going on. Prayers are with you.

I am feeling better. Migraine got horrible Tuesday. I went to bed at 8pm slept till 8 am. I was litterally writhing in pain. was like a band of hurt wrapped around my head.

When hubby kissed me bye Wednesday morning he said I didnt even lift my head to kiss him back. I did tell him to have a good day but he could barely understand it and I dont rememebr it.

Wednesday consisted of sleeping off and on (migraine hangover) and a dull annoying ache in my neck and head that would get worse then wain off then get worse ect.

This morning I dont feel like I have been run over. I still have an ache that has moved down to my shoulder blade.  I have an eye appt at 1230 today and got to have my tb test checked at 4. Other then that nothing to do today.

Of course it is a rainy day blah. 

i have decided what to do with the ILTC yarn that My wonderful FFA partner sent me.  I cant wait to start But must finish my lil monster first. Again thank you Smith.

Here is the pattern to what I am gonna make

http://redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW1595.pdf

So pretty! Can't wait to see how yours comes out?!

Good Morning!  Slow start (the story of my life, lol) I'll be working on the afghan today.  I have all the panels made.  Now I'm sewing them all together.  I did manage to make a certain someone a couple of squares yesterday while we were running errands!  Have a great day all!

i have decided what to do with the ILTC yarn that My wonderful FFA partner sent me.  I cant wait to start But must finish my lil monster first. Again thank you Smith.

Oh, that's so pretty!  I've had it saved for a while now.  Looking forward to seeing yours done!

Hugs to you guys having 'issues'. :ghug ....mine is okay. Culture came back showing nothing so.......don't know what has been up but feeling better so may be just a 'bug' that worked it's way out? I hope! Here's to all of us feeling MUCH better!

kuddles

:hug hope you are back to normal soon too! And to everyone as well! This being sick stuff is no fun :no

Hello,

Just a quick check in this morning.  Everyone's blankets look so pretty.  I'm glad to hear that my FFA partner liked everything I sent her.  Everything is still very hectic at my house.  They released my Mom and she has came to my house to stay.  The 2 grandkids she raises are also staying with me.  She is doing better & better each day she still has alot of pain from the broken bones though.  It is very challenging to have extra people full time but we are adjusting well.  3 adults, 1 teenager, 2 small children, 1 puppy dog and a partridge in a pear tree lol.

I was just browsing through back posts that I had't read and boy, oh boy are there some beautiful squares and ghans going on...Have my telly on watching the horrible weather we are getting here in Florida...Tornado watch and warnings everywhere...There must be an inspiration here somewhere!!!...Our Gulfport area got some swirling action and damage...I had some really high winds for a bit and a real "toad choker" rain...Clear and brighter now but still have high chances of bad weather for the rest of the day...Guess I'll pull out my hook and yarn and hunker down to some serious hookin'...

I don't know how those people in Ok and Tornado Alley States cope with it all...I'm still praying for all affected by the storms...

Holy eye candy, Batman! That afghan is looking gorgeous!!

:hug

Hi all! Dropping back in for a quick minute before hitting the pillow for the night. This girl is TIRED to the millionth power!

Doc has issued an extensive blood screen. He only did a screen for thyroid issues with the tiny bit they got the other day. So back to the office Tuesday for lots of vials to get drawn. :sigh Headed in the right direction and not going to freak out, but sheesh this gets old. Been dealing with it for a long time but it's finally gotten to the point that I am miserable just to get up. I love & need to stay busy so we can't be having too many more of these lousy days!

Gorgeous eye candy ladies! My 'ghan still 21 six inchers shy of being done, but here's the 'so far' pic:

DSCN3501.JPG

I didn't pick up a hook at all today. Had a bout with my sewing machine. First, needle kept hitting the plate and I scrambled, panicked and even called my Mom to bring me her backup machine. Then, after I took practically the entire thing apart, cleaned it and reassembled, it still caught the plate. :irk:bang Finally, I decided to change the needle! Boy, did I feel like a major goof after that, because it has sewn beautifully all day ever since! LOL So here's the goodies I made today. I know they're not squares or even crochet but I still think they're pretty :D The little 0-3 month dress is totally reversible! :heart

468405_619353854741395_2108471186_o.jpg 964033_619353691408078_1260787884_o.jpg

965832_619221824754598_427137067_o.jpg 980074_619142354762545_996658600_o.jpg

wow, what pics huh!!! Im loving that ghan so far tiff, only 26 more,wow!!! Lovely dresses, so adorable too!!

Everyone don't forget, to look at my earlier post for a chance to win 6- 6 inchers, here is the post...#4648.... Will run through Sunday, then I will chose randomly the winner! Ya never know! Would be 6 less you need to finish that ghan!!!

Also, hope all that don't feel well, improve quickly, and start feeling better!

Great job Emma, that is adorable for the stroller! I love all the flowers! By the way, i found a couple more for your ghan, a mix of brown, tan, and maybe off white I think, and will mail those out probably next week Emma! I remember making them for you but didn't remember to mail them, ha ha. till I found them the other day, in my ongoing project box!

Kuddles, I like all yarn, but do a lot of charity work, and use RHSS, or ILTY mostly, and I have been dying to try that sashay scarf, first hobby lobby was out, now they have it, such gorgeous colors, but my gift card ran out buying essentials, so will have to wait till next month maybe, lol I loved all the colors though, and making a ruffle scarf with it, looks so easy, found a tutorial, he he.

Whom else was I going to comment on, I dunno, unless I write them down, ha ha, i forget, so don't feel slighted, just my lously short term memory thing happening!!

My doggie didn't eat her breakfast. My doggie never misses her break fast. My doggie didn't bark all morning at anything, my doggie always barks at everything. My doggie didn't get up on the window seat all morning, my doggie is always found there, barking at everything, lol

I was worried, she barely moved when I stepped over her, she never not moves, she always jumps up, like mama is gonna step on her.....

Anyway, to make that long story shorter, she is feeling much better this afternoon, has eaten something, and a couple treats, is perky, and alive, sitting on the window seat, barking at I dunno,stuff I don't even see I guess, soooo looks like the bug that she had, passed, litterally, as she had a healthy outing this am, regardless of how she felt, she never misses her morning out times......so, needless to say, she is on the road to recovery!! well,much more info that you needed, but...suffice to say, I was a bit worried, now Im not anymore.....catch you all later!!!!!!!!

that is lovely, can't wait to see it in a pic!!

wow, v ery nice ann, hope you take pics for us!

Good Morning!  Slow start (the story of my life, lol) I'll be working on the afghan today.  I have all the panels made.  Now I'm sewing them all together.  I did manage to make a certain someone a couple of squares yesterday while we were running errands!  Have a great day all!

Oh, that's so pretty!  I've had it saved for a while now.  Looking forward to seeing yours done!

Hi ya, glad to here mom is recovering, you have a good attitude about everything too! Best of luck to everyone.

Hello,

Just a quick check in this morning.  Everyone's blankets look so pretty.  I'm glad to hear that my FFA partner liked everything I sent her.  Everything is still very hectic at my house.  They released my Mom and she has came to my house to stay.  The 2 grandkids she raises are also staying with me.  She is doing better & better each day she still has alot of pain from the broken bones though.  It is very challenging to have extra people full time but we are adjusting well.  3 adults, 1 teenager, 2 small children, 1 puppy dog and a partridge in a pear tree lol.

Nice to see your post estee, how you doing!! Yes everyone is so busy with these beautiful squares, wow, I mean, Ive never seen so many pretties!!!

I was just browsing through back posts that I had't read and boy, oh boy are there some beautiful squares and ghans going on...Have my telly on watching the horrible weather we are getting here in Florida...Tornado watch and warnings everywhere...There must be an inspiration here somewhere!!!...Our Gulfport area got some swirling action and damage...I had some really high winds for a bit and a real "toad choker" rain...Clear and brighter now but still have high chances of bad weather for the rest of the day...Guess I'll pull out my hook and yarn and hunker down to some serious hookin'...

I don't know how those people in Ok and Tornado Alley States cope with it all...I'm still praying for all affected by the storms...

Welcome owlvamp, good to see your post too, we missed ya!

Love the block from Raverly.

Love the blocks and yarn too.

t

Thank you viking!

[

Ok, here is a treat! I found this pic, it is two of the first squares I received in I think 2011 for my first friendship ghan!! I remember now, looking at them, how EXCITED and happy I was when i opened the puffy!! Back then, I didn't really know what puffy meant, lol had to ask, ha ha.......

post-40621-0-40680400-1370550556_thumb.jpgpost-40621-0-45853400-1370550730_thumb.jpg

Katie, thanks for all the info for your likes! That helps me...or maybe it doesn'...cause who knows what I have in mind....or if I have a mind.......................

kuddles

Brenda, the only thing i remember is that YOURS  were the first squares I received.....ANd, I think yours maybe might have been turg. and brown??? Gosh, im surprised that I remember that!!

Yes they were the turquoise and brown ones, a heart one and the trebling granny.

:hug

Gorgeous eye candy ladies! My 'ghan still 21 six inchers shy of being done, but here's the 'so far' pic:

attachicon.gifDSCN3501.JPG

I didn't pick up a hook at all today. Had a bout with my sewing machine. First, needle kept hitting the plate and I scrambled, panicked and even called my Mom to bring me her backup machine. Then, after I took practically the entire thing apart, cleaned it and reassembled, it still caught the plate.  :irk  :bang Finally, I decided to change the needle! Boy, did I feel like a major goof after that, because it has sewn beautifully all day ever since! LOL So here's the goodies I made today. I know they're not squares or even crochet but I still think they're pretty :D The little 0-3 month dress is totally reversible! :heart 

attachicon.gif468405_619353854741395_2108471186_o.jpgattachicon.gif964033_619353691408078_1260787884_o.jpg

attachicon.gif965832_619221824754598_427137067_o.jpgattachicon.gif980074_619142354762545_996658600_o.jpg

Hope they get things lined out so that you feel better.  Your so far pic is gorgeous and :hi I can see the big square I sent.  The dresses are adorable.  I have learned that the first thing to do when there is a problem with a sewing machine (especially not stitching right) is to put in a new needle.  I can't tell you how many times a neighbor was ready to send hers to the shop and all it needed was a new needle. 

Here is a mini friendshipghan made for Isabel. She uses it all the time as it lives with the stroller. :hug

attachicon.gifblanket.jpg

:hi I see the four I sent.  Can you tell I get excited when I see the squares I have sent?  It just makes it all worthwhile to see they found a good home.

Thank you viking!

[

Ok, here is a treat! I found this pic, it is two of the first squares I received in I think 2011 for my first friendship ghan!! I remember now, looking at them, how EXCITED and happy I was when i opened the puffy!! Back then, I didn't really know what puffy meant, lol had to ask, ha ha.......

attachicon.gif100_2553friendship ghansquare.jpgattachicon.gif100_2552square.jpg

Those are the ones I sent! :yay 

Hope all the loyal subjects are busy filling puffies for our reigning queen. 

Both blocks are beautiful. Where did you find the pattern for the heart one? I wouldn't mind having the other pattern too.

It's just one dress :) It's reversible. LOL I haven't ever had any issues before the needle hitting the plate incident yesterday so I just kinda freaked out. A new machine is in order tho, as this one is not quite all that I need given that I am really wanting to expand into more elaborate sewing. For now I am just a beginner that can follow a tutorial. LOL 

Love that flash back. I am pretty sure my first square came from Mom w/a Motif back in late 2010 or early 2011. Time flies when you're collecting puffies! 

Today wasn't quite as productive as I had hoped, but there's always tomorrow. Can't wait to see more squares roll in for the queen! She has worked so hard keeping this thread going! Again Katie, thanks so much for all you do! :hug 

Hope they get things lined out so that you feel better.  Your so far pic is gorgeous and :hi I can see the big square I sent.  The dresses are adorable.  I have learned that the first thing to do when there is a problem with a sewing machine (especially not stitching right) is to put in a new needle.  I can't tell you how many times a neighbor was ready to send hers to the shop and all it needed was a new needle. 

Archived