Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hey I posted and I am the most important person, yes? LOLOLOL

Hi ya!  Where is everyone today?  I've been to the hospital, had my procedure, recouped, and traveled all the way back home and expecting to find a ton of posts to catch up on.  There was only 1! :faint  :lol   All went smoothly with my tube change, so I'm good for another 3 months or so.  I managed to get 3/4 of a square made during the car ride.  I'll finish it up once I can tear myself off this computer!   I hope everyone is ok and just busy.  I'll check back in later! :hug

Katie, can you PM me your address again? Sorry! I think I've finalized your June Square package and want to get it out soon!!!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ann, all have not deserted, lol

I am just a bit late in getting online for my daily post read and comment!! I still have to take those pics for the free 8 inchers I have to hand out, question this time will be.....If you won a multi million dollar lottery, what three things rank top of your list to do with some of the money,,,,he he he......

Purely fantasy in my case at least but love reading others comments!!!

well, it's a fact, doggie has joint pain, so got her some meds. Getting her to take them,will be the fun part.....sigh, she is about I dunno,

11 or 12 years old, so in doggie years, that would be,  either 77, or 84,either way, no wonder her joints ache,huh. Poor baby. I am having a doggie ramp built as we speak, i hear the saw going, cause the steps are really aggravating her hip joints, so this will help too, as will much attention, and lots of love, lol

say a little something for Ginger, she is a very good girl and constant companion and would like her to stay around a lot longer!

Well ann, good for three more months, that's good news!! Keep on the straight and narrow, and mind your p's and q's though, no sense in pushing yourself too hard!!

Im off for a bit, much to do, mash doggie pill into powder, so I can sprinkle it into her food, no, the cat food Im giving her tonight, as I know she will not turn her nose up at that, lol

talk to you after while, oh, and Ill go take those pics right now, so all i have to do Pineknot,,,,,,,is to upload off the camera, or is it download, i dunno, take them off the camera and put them on the computer, which is only a click away!

ann...is it a permanent tube? I can't imagine what an adjustment it is to make. My heart goes out to you! 

katy...sorry about your doggie  :hug  I hate seeing them hurt.

We bought a ramp for the bed so the little one could still sleep with us, she takes advantage of it and thinks she need the pillow too! Pills will only got down with cheese, spoiled thing she had to have Kraft sliced cheese. LOL! The things we do....

If you won a multi million dollar lottery, what three things rank top of your list to do with some of the money....

-I'd take a real vacation.....hammock, beach, warm ocean breeze, half naked handsome built man with a tray of fruity drinks "what else can I assist you with miss?"  :c9 

-get dh parents moved and settled

-sell WA house a buy a house with a pool and hot tub (you need both in AZ  :lol )

Katy....what would you do???

I had to make a return at Jo-Anns tonight (bought the wrong color thread for a sewing project that my sister and I were working on) and I purposely did not grab a basket or cart so that I would force myself into only buying the things I went in for. Well....that didn't work. I had my arms full of yarn and other things by the time I finished up! They had a lot of good sales so I didn't pay full price for anything.

well susan, I don't know, I often thought I would need at least 3 mill, to cover what I wanted to spend it on, one being give my dd a mil, then divide up another mill for my two sisters, then I would have one mill left to cover a nice house, complete with housekeeper on staff, lol cook, and personal slave, in a loin cloth probably, and oh, I would buy a yarn shop.....with full inventory, lol for my use only, and a staff to keep it supplied if needed!! A yacht complete with crew, nothing huge just a 90 footer or so, a gold caddy, right off the line, and of course furnish the house with top notch stuff!! Have a yarn wing, oh how cool, I mean we are dreaming, right!! lol I gotcha down for a shot at the freebies susan, good luck!!!!!! NIce answers too!!

I've done that too, Mandy! One of my worst days I think I spent sixty dollars and while the woman was ringing me up I held up a *ninety-nine cent seam ripper* and said, "You know, this is all I came in here for." :D

Katie, I want to join the lottery but I'm sharing here because I like to read other people's dreams too! ^_^

First we'd buy our dream house outright, though we'd have to find a new one since mine is no longer on the market. :(

Then we'd take care of student loans - mine, family's, some friends.

And I'm not quite sure what three would be all the time; there are a few things vying for that position. Currently the number three slot is held by "give large chunks of money to the local libraries."

Looking forward to others, come on everyone!

Phone company is making it difficult to get online.  The last three days they have cut service about noon and doesn't come back on until 7pm or later. 

Spoiler Alert!  Mailed a package out to someone today.  This time she can open it a soon as it arrives.  

Sorry about the geriatric doggies.  I know what's its like.  We lost 3 at 2 year intervals.  Two weren't all that old but the last one made it to 15 and a half.  We thought another dog would show up but a very small kitten showed up shortly before the old guy passed.  DH had never had a cat before.   One night something chewed it up and we didn't think it would live. We told it if it lived we would feed it and take it to the vet.  When I carried it in to the vet to find out what sex it was and to get its shots started I asked the vet if they could change it into a dog as we really weren't cat people.  He just laughed and said it looks like you are now.   She was supposed to be a barn cat but is really a lap cat that is terrified of almost everything except bugs.  She has since moved into the house.  She was very interested in electric cords (visions of the cat scorched outline in the rug from Christmas Vacation goes through mind) she wears a harness and is leashed to the sofa and spends her nights or when we are gone in the huge dog crate.  Sometimes she goes out to climb the tree but she mostly likes us to chase her back and forth through the house. Finally named her TC because for the longest time we always referred to it as that cat. 

post-11309-0-98197700-1371082043_thumb.jpg

Hey I posted and I am the most important person, yes? LOLOLOL

kuddles

Awww shucks, of course you are! Didn't mean to overlook you.  I did mention that I was still under the influence of medications when I wrote earlier didn't I? :lol

Hi ann, all have not deserted, lol

I am just a bit late in getting online for my daily post read and comment!! I still have to take those pics for the free 8 inchers I have to hand out, question this time will be.....If you won a multi million dollar lottery, what three things rank top of your list to do with some of the money,,,,he he he......

Purely fantasy in my case at least but love reading others comments!!!

well, it's a fact, doggie has joint pain, so got her some meds. Getting her to take them,will be the fun part.....sigh, she is about I dunno,

11 or 12 years old, so in doggie years, that would be,  either 77, or 84,either way, no wonder her joints ache,huh. Poor baby. I am having a doggie ramp built as we speak, i hear the saw going, cause the steps are really aggravating her hip joints, so this will help too, as will much attention, and lots of love, lol

say a little something for Ginger, she is a very good girl and constant companion and would like her to stay around a lot longer!

Well ann, good for three more months, that's good news!! Keep on the straight and narrow, and mind your p's and q's though, no sense in pushing yourself too hard!!

Im off for a bit, much to do, mash doggie pill into powder, so I can sprinkle it into her food, no, the cat food Im giving her tonight, as I know she will not turn her nose up at that, lol

talk to you after while, oh, and Ill go take those pics right now, so all i have to do Pineknot,,,,,,,is to upload off the camera, or is it download, i dunno, take them off the camera and put them on the computer, which is only a click away!

Yay, Katie is here too!  That's so nice of you to put in a ramp for your furbaby.  Hope she takes her meds for you.  We used to have to take a small piece of bread, wrap the pill up in the bread, then coat it with a little margarine!  They preferred peanut butter, lol.  Spoiled dogs!  but we loved each and every one of them.

ok, here are the two brights, 8 inchers, RHSS yarn used and up for grabs!! Pm me with your answer to above posted question, you know about the lottery, lol       thanks....will run till friday midnight!! attachicon.gif100_3412.jpg

Ohhh, those are pretty!

ps, ramp for doggie is done, short but at a nice low slant for her, and at first she was afraid, but now, she really seems to understand, hey, it doesn't hurt as much as those few steps used to, lol       yay!

:clap

ann...is it a permanent tube? I can't imagine what an adjustment it is to make. My heart goes out to you! 

Yes, it's permanent.  It's actually 2 tubes, G/J tube.  I've had it for 2 years now so I was adjusting.  It's having to adjust to TPN now that is my challenge, but I'm getting there.  I don't want to bore you wonderful ladies with my medical issues. I apologize for sidetracking.  Will stay on topic from now on! 

I had to make a return at Jo-Anns tonight (bought the wrong color thread for a sewing project that my sister and I were working on) and I purposely did not grab a basket or cart so that I would force myself into only buying the things I went in for. Well....that didn't work. I had my arms full of yarn and other things by the time I finished up! They had a lot of good sales so I didn't pay full price for anything.

Silly, did you really think you could make it through the store without filling your arms? I know I couldn't. :lol

Phone company is making it difficult to get online.  The last three days they have cut service about noon and doesn't come back on until 7pm or later. 

Spoiler Alert!  Mailed a package out to someone today.  This time she can open it a soon as it arrives.  

Sorry about the geriatric doggies.  I know what's its like.  We lost 3 at 2 year intervals.  Two weren't all that old but the last one made it to 15 and a half.  We thought another dog would show up but a very small kitten showed up shortly before the old guy passed.  DH had never had a cat before.   One night something chewed it up and we didn't think it would live. We told it if it lived we would feed it and take it to the vet.  When I carried it in to the vet to find out what sex it was and to get its shots started I asked the vet if they could change it into a dog as we really weren't cat people.  He just laughed and said it looks like you are now.   She was supposed to be a barn cat but is really a lap cat that is terrified of almost everything except bugs.  She has since moved into the house.  She was very interested in electric cords (visions of the cat scorched outline in the rug from Christmas Vacation goes through mind) she wears a harness and is leashed to the sofa and spends her nights or when we are gone in the huge dog crate.  Sometimes she goes out to climb the tree but she mostly likes us to chase her back and forth through the house. Finally named her TC because for the longest time we always referred to it as that cat. 

Awww, so sweet.

well the doggie is way finicky, she's a good size but she eats like a small doggie, lol. We tried cheese, lunch meat, hot dog which worked.Once. NOw I make it a powder, by putting it in a zip lock,and using the flat side of a meat hammer to crush it to dust, which then goes into her dinner, or milk, before she gets any treats. WOrked tonight, we'll see about tomorrow, luckily she only has to have one pill a day. whew......She seems more active though, so I know she is feeling more like herself.

How kind of you Bgs to take in a little baby , tc is adorable! Leashes on cats though, can be dangerous too, as they can get caught and choked. The dog crate while your gone is a bit more safe. I have two, have always and forever had cats since before i was born, lol And always had a dog too. Can't imagine NOT having pets, but some prefer it that way I guess.

Cooled off here a lot! Temp dropped by at least 20 degrees feels like anyway, and wind picked up to a nice open your windows breeze!! Give the ac a rest tonight, I guess.

made my list of music i wanted dd to put on cds for me, not done yet, ha ha, but 49 is enough to start with, I think...She has a machine that can do that, and one that can turn video tapes into cds, which i have already had her do for me with home movies, cds much more long lasting... and i don't even have a vcr anymore, gave it away, lol

Well, im tired, time to slow it down and relax for the evening..

Oh gosh, I didn't crochet much today, but this am, right after I got up, I thought well I will finish that one thing, so got a diet coke and sat down, and crocheted for a few minutes. then noticed ALL my fingertips were bluish, like they were bruised!! It so shocked me, I thought I was having a heart attack, but felt fine otherwise!! SO, I got up in a panic and took two aspirin, and then ran to the phone, had my blue fingers on 911 and something made me think, try running them under warm water to maybe bring back circulation, and I did that, and OMG. it was tint from the cotton yarn I was using!!!!!!! it washed right off! I was so relieved, I almost cried happy tears!!!!!!!!!!!  That my friends was some of the cotton i got on sale at Michaels, in a blue, and that has never ever happened to me before! Just fair warning, I was really pretty upset about it all, till after!!!!! just thought Id share that with ya all, so you can avoid my panic mania!!!!!   I did tell my DSO (dear significant other ) when he came in, and the first words out of his mouth, before I even got it all out, did you try to wash it off?? GRRRRRRRRRRR              well,     sleep well...........................................

hi Laurie, yes, you!! They went out in the mail this am, GOod time to go to the poffice, is about 10 am, no waiting!!! Expect them in a week, or less!!

I will be on the lookout.  Thanks again!!

Whew! Good morning Squares! I haven't been on the computer since yesterday afternoon. The severe storms/tornados were all around so I unplugged my computer so it wouldn't get zapped! Lots of rain, lightning and thunder but we are fine. Wow!

You guys were chatty while I was gone!

Katie, lottery win I would buy Kiddles and I a home and pay off all bills, buy my mom a new place and give some to charity. Hoping to have enough to put in savings....... (don't enter me in for the squares though, just wanted to answer!)

Gotta get around and ready for work! Have a great day Squares!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been enjoying my sewing room sooo much that I haven't even been on the computer much this week. I need to post some pics of some finished projects too.

Katie, the afghan and squares are beautiful.

Here is my blast to the past contribution for today.

These squares and lovely towel were from bgs.

post-4459-0-85408200-1371131408_thumb.jpg

Yes, in for the lottery for me please!

I am not having a good day so far. Major cramping this morning, unexpected and only ibuprofen to manage, no Excedrin (my go-to these days since it works so much better for me). And nausea, too! Really making the morning miserable. :(. Fortunately the ibuprofen's started working so I can get some stuff done!

Hoping to get my June puffy done this week and then I'll have to focus on quilting for a bit. It's almost July and I'll need to have it done!!

CROCHET DAY!!! 

:lol  hubby is coming to get my car and the only thing I'll have to do in this big house all by myself is crochet and watch British dramas.....what a fabulous day!

Not made any squares for a while. working on a bag which is almost done. then i got an afghan and a few lovey blankets to make.  Oh it was so miserable here yesterday. we finally turned on the AC. today I shut it off cause it is kinda chilly in the house. Temp outside has gone down alot. we are looking for some storms.  Hope all is well with everyone.  

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been enjoying my sewing room sooo much that I haven't even been on the computer much this week. I need to post some pics of some finished projects too.

Katie, the afghan and squares are beautiful.

Here is my blast to the past contribution for today.

These squares and lovely towel were from bgs.

attachicon.gifbgs.jpg

oooh, how cool a room to yourself!! that's always nice! squares are great Bgs does some fabulous patterns and colors, doesn't she, I got a towel too, in with my june's puffy!! I use it every day!

Katie, got your package today at work, and THANKS!!! Pictures later......but wanted to jump on here and give ya a big thank you now!

Woot!

kuddles

oh good Kuddles, so glad it came. Does it and they fit your needs??? I know big guy, hated to travel alone, so a few little cotton-ees went with to keep his concentration on them, and not the trip!! Stay safe in the weather!

Yes, in for the lottery for me please!

I am not having a good day so far. Major cramping this morning, unexpected and only ibuprofen to manage, no Excedrin (my go-to these days since it works so much better for me). And nausea, too! Really making the morning miserable. :(. Fortunately the ibuprofen's started working so I can get some stuff done!

Hoping to get my June puffy done this week and then I'll have to focus on quilting for a bit. It's almost July and I'll need to have it done!!

you are in, and hopefully feeling better. I know I used excederin alllll the time, till it got ulcers. that nabbed that usage right in the ole gut!! I now use ibuprofen too, but still, I think excederin worked better!

Not made any squares for a while. working on a bag which is almost done. then i got an afghan and a few lovey blankets to make.  Oh it was so miserable here yesterday. we finally turned on the AC. today I shut it off cause it is kinda chilly in the house. Temp outside has gone down alot. we are looking for some storms.  Hope all is well with everyone.  

busy girl, storms brewing, saw the map for you area, looked like a lot of rain yesterday into today!    stay safe!

Hi, everyone!  Not much to say here, really.  My secret partner in the FFA is getting her package hopefully by Friday!  I am so glad it's finally reaching her.  

Yesterday was a packed day.  In the morning, I went on a boat ride around Naples (Long Beach, CA area) for a couple of hours.  It's arranged by the LYS there at Alamitos Bay.  Almost our entire group went.  It was a full boat, and gosh was it fun!  Lots of hooking and chatting and laughing going on.  It was a June Gloom kind of day -- overcast the entire time but humid!  We only got a breeze maybe the second half of the ride.  It was still fun.  The gals went to lunch at a Corner Bakery afterwards, but I had to part and go home to get ready for a nephew's high school graduation.  Ladies, let me tell you that I officially *hate* hills.  I thought I loved them because they're picturesque and pretty and green, but yesterday shattered my liking of them.  The graduation took place at Whittier College.  The football field is at the end of an uphill street.  I was lucky to be one of the last to park at the bottom of the hill.  I thought I was going to explode before I was at the top!  Then I told my legs to keep moving while my upper body caught a breath, lol.  I was a few steps from the summit when I felt I couldn't continue.  Thank goodness for second and third winds.  Then I entered the field seating area and almost had a heart attach... more going up!  My poor brother, SIL, other nephew, my sister, and her daughter parked very far away and did lots of walking.  So I guess I was lucky.  Anyway, it was great being there except for the interminable speeches and three students' attempts at humor in a skit.  You know teenage "humor."  It just fell flat.  At least they try.  Well, after I finally made it out to my car and then out of the long line of traffic, I picked up a niece for dinner.  We were starving, but I felt badly I didn't arrive earlier because she's expecting.  That reminds me:  What do you ladies do when your server has forgotten you?  She was one of the worst I've ever had.  Then she just disappeared when we finally had boxed our leftovers.  I had to wait at the register for someone to show up and paid someone else.  

I suppose I had a little to say after all ;)

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Hi all!  I'm hanging out on the couch and making squares today.  Not much else going on, just trying to recoup from yesterday's little trip.  I'm also going thru patterns for something to make for my granddaughter that is turning 2 this month.  I have it in my head that I want to make a shrug. I think that's what they're called, those little sweaters.  Anyway, I'm trying to find a free pattern of course, :lol , but I'm having a hard time deciding.  Then I did find one I like, but it costs I think, $5.99.  UGH, I'm cheap, I know, but it's because I've paid for patterns before and gotten far inferior patterns than the free ones!  It scared me off of them you could say.  Now I usually only by from trusted sources.  OK, getting off my soapbox :lol .

Katie, I'm so glad that it was only dye from your yarn and nothing medical!  I'll have to remember that when I buy new cotton.

Hope all of you having storms stay safe... :hug

Those of you not feeling well, sending healing thoughts and prayers your way... :hug

Take care everyone!  See you tomorrow!

Archived