Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning!

Welcome to your month Queen Katie Square! I've had your squares done for so long, but want to wait for some extras before I send to you! You deserve the extras my dear!

GREAT squares sent to Katie already! Wow!

Today Kiddles and I have several errands to run. Yesterday we went on a play date with a girl from her school that we just discovered lives 3 minutes door to door. The mom was so nice, so real, and a lot like me in some ways. AND the girls have the exact same birthday! We felt it was meant to be! I see a long friendship ahead!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookie, lookie!!!!!!! Look at what my son just brought up from the mailbox!!!! I was almost scared to open it...lol then I remembered......GRANNY SQUARES!!!! Thank you so much Katie for the beautiful squares!!! They are my first. I love love love the tape measure.... its like you know me... lol These first squares will be the center of my afghan!!! Thanks again!!!!!

Soooooo... its been crazy here. We've been caring for a two year old for the last week to help out someone going through a difficult time. Ive been exhausted to say the least. But boy... he is one awesome kid. Its been tons of running around to state offices & drs appts.

Our lives are a little different right now..... but this little 2yr old sure has brought much life to our home.

So if you dont see me here much you know why. But I will definitely try to check in at least once a week.

post-59581-0-96733800-1370177042_thumb.jpg

Morning!!!!  We're having another gorgeous day here, sunny and hot, but I do believe it isn't supposed to be as hot as the last two days.  I haven't checked the forecast, I'm afraid to look, :lol .  I haven't worked on any squares for a bit, I've been trying to finish up my nephew's blanket.  I have one more panel to make, then I can sew them all together/put on a border and it will be done!  So hopefully by the end of this week I can get it finished.  Heck, he's been in his house for almost two months now, some housewarming gift, huh, lol!  I really want to get to work on some squares for you ladies too. 

And of course there is one certain lady that I will be concentrating on especially this month.  That's our Queen Square Katie!!!!  How does the crown feel Katie?  Those are some beautiful squares that you've already rec'd!

Kuddles, that's fantastic that you and Kiddles found a new friend so close by!  Your hat came out great!  I tested for her too. I made a small and it was a breeze.  Love that pattern!

Pheonsix, great looking squares you got there!  The tape measure is adorable.  Good luck taking care of the little one.  It's so kind of you to take care of him.  I'm sure you are bringing some positive light into his life and it is/will be appreciated.

Take care all and have a wonderful day! :hug

Good Sunday Morning to you all!!!

I was up early today, slept well, got plenty of rest, lol feeling fit as a fiddle today, even though my arms ache just a bit, no no, not from holding a crochet hook too long, lol, but I weedeated yesterday, got the front done, and most of the back, but tuckered out, that thing, although not heavy to lift or use, the constant holding of it, got my arm feeling weakish and shaky, lol i was warned by my better half, it might do that, but didn't listen, as usual, figured one less thing he had to mess with, you know.....well, i couldn't really hold a hook too well after that, but have already crocheted today, so it is good now.....

Great squares!!  I'm finally home and can now relax and make more squares.  Good night, everyone :)

welcome back to the Kingdom of Squares!!!!

Beautiful squares. Very pretty colors.

thank you, they did a wonderful job on them!

Good morning!

Welcome to your month Queen Katie Square! I've had your squares done for so long, but want to wait for some extras before I send to you! You deserve the extras my dear!

GREAT squares sent to Katie already! Wow!

Today Kiddles and I have several errands to run. Yesterday we went on a play date with a girl from her school that we just discovered lives 3 minutes door to door. The mom was so nice, so real, and a lot like me in some ways. AND the girls have the exact same birthday! We felt it was meant to be! I see a long friendship ahead!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

well thank you kuddles, I look forward to your puffy goodness!!! Glad kiddles and you had a good time, this goin to be a weekly thing, just alternate houses, lol you host the next one. Sounds like you BOTH might have found a soul mate, huh!

I got to test this child's hat for Melinda Miller (ravelry) and it is so cute! Wanted to just share....

That hat is adorable!!!!! You did a teriffic job!

Lookie, lookie!!!!!!! Look at what my son just brought up from the mailbox!!!! I was almost scared to open it...lol then I remembered......GRANNY SQUARES!!!! Thank you so much Katie for the beautiful squares!!! They are my first. I love love love the tape measure.... its like you know me... lol These first squares will be the center of my afghan!!! Thanks again!!!!!

Soooooo... its been crazy here. We've been caring for a two year old for the last week to help out someone going through a difficult time. Ive been exhausted to say the least. But boy... he is one awesome kid. Its been tons of running around to state offices & drs appts.

Our lives are a little different right now..... but this little 2yr old sure has brought much life to our home.

So if you dont see me here much you know why. But I will definitely try to check in at least once a week.

Oh wonderful you got them, i was beginning to worry where they may have strayed off too, you know squares, like kids and pets sometimes, wander off the first chance they get, lol but hey, look who Im talking to about that, you have a 2 year old in the house!!!!! Is it still a law, or soemthing, to hang a flag on the door, when 2 year olds are present, lol Just fair warning for all visitors!!! I know it was when my dd was that age, lol 

Morning!!!!  We're having another gorgeous day here, sunny and hot, but I do believe it isn't supposed to be as hot as the last two days.  I haven't checked the forecast, I'm afraid to look, :lol .  I haven't worked on any squares for a bit, I've been trying to finish up my nephew's blanket.  I have one more panel to make, then I can sew them all together/put on a border and it will be done!  So hopefully by the end of this week I can get it finished.  Heck, he's been in his house for almost two months now, some housewarming gift, huh, lol!  I really want to get to work on some squares for you ladies too. 

And of course there is one certain lady that I will be concentrating on especially this month.  That's our Queen Square Katie!!!!  How does the crown feel Katie?  Those are some beautiful squares that you've already rec'd!

Kuddles, that's fantastic that you and Kiddles found a new friend so close by!  Your hat came out great!  I tested for her too. I made a small and it was a breeze.  Love that pattern!

Pheonsix, great looking squares you got there!  The tape measure is adorable.  Good luck taking care of the little one.  It's so kind of you to take care of him.  I'm sure you are bringing some positive light into his life and it is/will be appreciated.

Take care all and have a wonderful day! :hug

Hi Ann, well, the crown fits! Feels so natural too, glad we went with that style, lol and the emeralds, well, can you believe it, they match my eyes, almost exactly! lol  ( I even wore it to bed!!!)

Sounds like you are going to town on that ghan, good luck this week, and do show us a picture please!!!!!!

Oh, boy, another day huh. Promises to be warmer than yesterday, was almost chilly, and rain showers to boot, I haven't had to water the flowers for weeks, lol seems it rains almost every night, or afternoon. Not complaining, Ill take it, after that drought last year, we lost most of our lawn in back, but have reseeded, and weeded, and feeded, and mowed, and watered, and babied it this spring so far, and it is coming back full on!  Whew, (wipes brow) lot of work, just to mow it down every week, lol but the doggie likes her backyard!

Ill visit later, gotta reset the date every time i use my camera, as I remove the batteries, they last longer that way, and resetting that date is always a pain, so sometimes i do it, and sometimes I don't, lol take care all, till later, have a great Sunday!

and hey Ms. Cshort, that green square, I l ove the pattern, (in first pic post number 4570). I love them all, but that one is certainly textured, and fun to touch, and I love the pattern, is it one you can share, to me looks like scfp stitches maybe, But I can't be certain, I l love it! share if you can, and thank you !

and snowflake, the reason I asked about your turg and black collecting, is because I came across this pic of a ghan I completed last year, thought it might inspire you!  go here maybe it will spur you on?? This turned out to be one of my very favorites!

Hi everyone! Hope you had a fab weekend! This girl has! :heart when a plan works out. We had a bbq at our friends (we loaded up the stuff and they provided the yard), kids played all day on the slip n slide in the rain, rain finally moved out in time for the food & bonfire with S'Mores! Oh I can't remember a day that fun in quite some time. 

Def keeping my appt for tomorrow, as I need to know what is going on with me. Have put it off long enough! 

Katie, excellent packages! Your reign as Queen has definitely started on the right foot! :hug 

Kuddles, love that hat! 

Since I didn't get any work done yesterday I am in the office today trying to get everything going. With luck on my side I'll even get to work on my shawl & some squares tonight! 

Thanks for the hat kudos!

Ann, hi honey! I did a small too on the hat but had to go down a hook size. Loosey Goosey Kuddles here!

Yes Katie, kiddles and I may both have a new friend! Yippee!

Wow Pheonisix, great bundle!

Well I'll be calling the doc in the am, me thinks I have a pesky urinary trac infection. Oh well, if that is all it is, I'll be happy!

I plan on doing some sewing this afternoon! A tote that is cut out, ready to go!

Have a great rest of your day all!

kuddles

h wonderful you got them, i was beginning to worry where they may have strayed off too, you know squares, like kids and pets sometimes, wander off the first chance they get, lol but hey, look who Im talking to about that, you have a 2 year old in the house!!!!! Is it still a law, or soemthing, to hang a flag on the door, when 2 year olds are present, lol Just fair warning for all visitors!!! I know it was when my dd was that age, lol 

Probably a good idea! Ours has just reached the stage where we ask him "Why are you [chewing on that pillow/stuffing that blanket in your bike helmet/pouring your grapefruit juice on your cereal]" and he answers "Because." (Or, in a more accurate transcription, "a-cawwwws!")

I plan on doing some sewing this afternoon! A tote that is cut out, ready to go!

Have a great rest of your day all!

kuddles

I should do some sewing, too. I've been "working" for almost three years now on a quilt for a cousin's little boy, just older than mine... First I wanted to finish it for his second Christmas, then his second birthday... his third birthday is in July and I haven't made any progress in months. It's a vicious cycle; I don't want to work on it because I feel bad for putting it off, but the longer I put it off the worse I feel and so it goes!

Haven't done much of anything yet today, I don't think. I should go fix that now! :D Oh, no, me and the Little Viking did spend two hours at the farmer's market this morning and had a great time. The orchard that brings their trailers in via tractor was there today (they weren't at the market in May) so as far as the little guy is concerned the market is not open for real: Hausman's is here with their tractor to ride on. He had even asked for it the first time we were there, which surprised me because I didn't think he'd remember it! So today we rode the tractor, and listened to music and played Puttle (he got a button he's very proud of) and shared a pizza together in the shade of an umbrella. Good morning!

I am short and my "new" car sits low. it is a 93 cadilac deville sedan..   I need to sew to pillows together in an L shape (one to sit on and one to put behind my back. bring me up and forward) then take a sheet or prolly a fleece blanket and sew a covering over it . So I too need to do some sewing. but i am working on a "friendly lil monster" from the crocheted simplicity that is preoccuping me lol

Well then gals, come on! Get to sewing!!!

I not only sewed the one tote bag, but kiddles bag too that was cut out! Hers is full of peace and chugga bugs, which we play all the time in the car! She is very competitive which is funny since I am not at all!

I've taken pictures of both and if you'd like to see them, I'll upload here once I get them off the camera.

Hugs!

kuddles

Hi there all!

Just wanted to let you know that for the past couple of days, some lovely ladies in this group have been testing a square pattern for me. :) Yep, I've designed one. I'm just putting the finishing touches to the pattern and then it shall be released. I'm ever so happy with it. :cheer

Hi there all!

Just wanted to let you know that for the past couple of days, some lovely ladies in this group have been testing a square pattern for me. :) Yep, I've designed one. I'm just putting the finishing touches to the pattern and then it shall be released. I'm ever so happy with it. :cheer

Congratulations!

Hi there all!

wow emma, how cool is that! My problem is not designing them, mine is in the writting them out, lol

Emma did a very good job on her square!!!  Katy, got some to send to you.  I am working from home tomorrow so will run and drop a puffy out to you!!!

I looked at the turquoise and black ghan and all I can say is AWESOME!!!  I love those colors together, just with it being so hot down here in the spring, summer and fall (lol) didn't see the need for a ww blanket.  Now when (if) I ever got the cotton one done, I will work on the turquoise and black again!

Beautiful squares have been popping up!  Congrats to all who have gotten puffies lately!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  Gonna stay in as much as possible here, supposed to be humid and in the 90's all week.  You know it is humid when you walk outside from your air conditioned place and your glasses steam up!  Ugh!!!! LOL

That's great news Emma...I can't wait to try it out...Speaking of good news, I'm home...Got my driving OK last Thursday....Didn't come home til Saturday, but at least I'm home...Just like Dorothy I can't stop saying "There's no place like home"!  I have a back brace and a bone growth stimulator...The brace has to be worn all the time except when I'm reclining and the bone growth stimulator only has to be worn 2 hours a day...It can be worn over the brace...Home health nurse and PT have discharged me...Oh joy...to say I'm not in discomfort would be a lie...only it is not the same as before the operation...They fused two vertebrae by mixing some of my shaved vertebrae bone with cadaver bone and used it like a cement to fuse them together..They couldn't use hardware (screws and rods) as my bones were too soft....I only take my pain meds at night before bedtime...I'm doing OK and cant wait to start crocheting again...

yay, shes back!!!  glad to hear all is progressing well Estee!!

Yeah snowflake, forgot about the heat there, might feel nice in winter though, so it can wait...

cotton when wet feels so heavy, in a dishcloth or something, wondering how an afghan would stand up to washing if it is cotton, anyone??

Hi there all!

Can't wait to see it! I saw your shout out for a tester but I knew I couldn't do it right away....maybe the next one! There WILL be a next one, right? When do we get to see a picture? Congrats!

That's great news Emma...I can't wait to try it out...Speaking of good news, I'm home...Got my driving OK last Thursday....Didn't come home til Saturday, but at least I'm home...Just like Dorothy I can't stop saying "There's no place like home"!  I have a back brace and a bone growth stimulator...The brace has to be worn all the time except when I'm reclining and the bone growth stimulator only has to be worn 2 hours a day...It can be worn over the brace...Home health nurse and PT have discharged me...Oh joy...to say I'm not in discomfort would be a lie...only it is not the same as before the operation...They fused two vertebrae by mixing some of my shaved vertebrae bone with cadaver bone and used it like a cement to fuse them together..They couldn't use hardware (screws and rods) as my bones were too soft....I only take my pain meds at night before bedtime...I'm doing OK and cant wait to start crocheting again...

Woot! Keep healing and glad you are back!

Back to work today. Sigh......and Kiddles starts summercamp/daycare today......boy does it cost a LOT! But I know she loves it there and it is safe.

Busy busy week at work, so I better start getting ready!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

OMG!! IT's like it's MY birthday!! Just checked the mail, late and low and behold, another Puffy!!!!!!! This one hails from Cshort, and contained four beautiful colorful gorgeous squares and a wonderful card!! You made my day, wow, pic to follow , but hey, this is amazing, Im gonna have squares in all beautful colors one can imagine!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the ghan, i did a couple rows, when I got some squares edged, and more now to come! here are the beautiful squares from Carol too, thank you so much Carol! They are just perfect, and such  nice work!!  so 14 so far received of I dunno how many yet, wow!

attachicon.gif100_3399.jpg

attachicon.gif100_3330.jpg

and i think it was carol too, that sent me these a while back, if not identify yourself, lol or Ill have to read back through the posts, darn it!! :ty  :ty  :ty  :c9

It's carol!! here's the first four she sent!! way back post 3644!! attachicon.gif100_3308.jpg

thank you again, wow.... you and bgs sure know the way to me heart!!! :manyheart  :heart

Here are Bgs squares again, can't stop drooling over all these lovlies!

attachicon.gif100_3386.jpg

Oh my I am so far behind, things have been a little busy but this is the last week of school and then I will have a few weeks off to relax and enjoy my crocheting, sewing and online friends more.

Katie, I'm glad you like the squares. I'm sure the green one is a free online pattern but I will have to check when I get home.

So many pretty squares have been posted.

Have a great day everyone.

Well, I made a bunch of cotton wash cloths and they seem to be holding up rather well!  I prefer using those over the store bought ones, now, I have some for washing dishes and some for my shower!  So I figured it would hold up well as a spread for my bed!!!  It's more for show, as I don't cover up much in the summer time.  Just want something nice!!! LOL

hey all, what ya all up to in your part of the universe?? I have nothing much planned today, probably do a load of laundry soon, it's not that hot out, so don't mind if the dryer is on for  a bit.... Those really hot days, I don't run the dryer, or anything else that causes heat, lol. We cook out a lot in the summer, gas grill out I should say, and  use the microwave more for sides, than the stove/oven. it helps.

Got some gray heather yarn today, just cause i liked it, lol don't need it for anything in particular, but good to have it on hand. Oh, i think I will take the edging of rainbow off the squares i have together and just put it together with a nuetral, I don't know, I waiver from day to day, lol

With all this rain, I actually have a lawn again, sheesh, last years drought was so tough on it, but with lots of help, it is coming back, nice and full and plush!

Cant' wait for mail this afternoon, maybe my secret pals puffy will come???? Who among us HAS NOT received yet from their secret partner??? Lemme know, Ill wait a few days, and then track um down, and find out if they mailed yet, if not, why not, ha ha ha, just kidding, no harm in being a few days late, just so we know its coming!!! Im grateful for all squares, lol.

well, time to get something else around here done, so I can crochet a bit! have a great day all, take care..

Well, I made a bunch of cotton wash cloths and they seem to be holding up rather well!  I prefer using those over the store bought ones, now, I have some for washing dishes and some for my shower!  So I figured it would hold up well as a spread for my bed!!!  It's more for show, as I don't cover up much in the summer time.  Just want something nice!!! LOL

oh i have made lots of those too, but wondering about the bigness of the spread, I guess it depends on size,huh.I think it will be lovely, when completed. I have not seen too many pictured here at the ville, of cotton bedspreads, or throws or the like, so was just wondering is all, thanks for the info! and you deserve it!

Archived