Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been enjoying my sewing room sooo much that I haven't even been on the computer much this week. I need to post some pics of some finished projects too.

Katie, the afghan and squares are beautiful.

Here is my blast to the past contribution for today.

These squares and lovely towel were from bgs.

attachicon.gifbgs.jpg

I love the colors in those squares! So pretty!

I've been jumping around on projects all month, and I've only gotten one square done for Katie! I have nothing going on tonight (and a house to myself) so I'm hoping for a little peace, quiet, and quality crochet time :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey ya all.
Well, Seems im at a crochet standstill the past two days, just don't know what to make next, lol all that pretty yarn, rolling it's strands at me whenever i go in the yarnie room...shaking their heads, clicking their yarn tongues. shame on me, I know! Ok, tomorrow though is a new day, and hopefully, I will figure out SOMETHING to make with some of it, lol Won't stop me from buying more, one can never have enough yarn!! take care, and all those in the wild fire areas, wow, hope it gets put out soon...

I think i will make Mandy's friend some squares, and then i dunno.... lol

here is the pic of that afghan you wanted to see made from 4 inch squares mandy......wow, 2 inch squares, would be a lottttta putting together!! lol I crocheted mine together on the front of the piece to add some texture to the color, not done yet, couple more rows, but this is it so far...

post-40621-0-70577700-1371168289_thumb.jpg

here is the pic of that afghan you wanted to see made from 4 inch squares mandy......wow, 2 inch squares, would be a lottttta putting together!! lol I crocheted mine together on the front of the piece to add some texture to the color, not done yet, couple more rows, but this is it so far...

attachicon.gifWindows Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg

That looks great!!! I like to join squares with a sc as well, but I never thought to do it on the frontside!

I had to make a return at Jo-Anns tonight (bought the wrong color thread for a sewing project that my sister and I were working on) and I purposely did not grab a basket or cart so that I would force myself into only buying the things I went in for. Well....that didn't work. I had my arms full of yarn and other things by the time I finished up! They had a lot of good sales so I didn't pay full price for anything.

Yay for sales!  I do the same thing :lol  I can stick to my grocery list, but don't expect me to be so good at a crafting place.

well the doggie is way finicky, she's a good size but she eats like a small doggie, lol. We tried cheese, lunch meat, hot dog which worked.Once. NOw I make it a powder, by putting it in a zip lock,and using the flat side of a meat hammer to crush it to dust, which then goes into her dinner, or milk, before she gets any treats. WOrked tonight, we'll see about tomorrow, luckily she only has to have one pill a day. whew......She seems more active though, so I know she is feeling more like herself.

How kind of you Bgs to take in a little baby , tc is adorable! Leashes on cats though, can be dangerous too, as they can get caught and choked. The dog crate while your gone is a bit more safe. I have two, have always and forever had cats since before i was born, lol And always had a dog too. Can't imagine NOT having pets, but some prefer it that way I guess.

Cooled off here a lot! Temp dropped by at least 20 degrees feels like anyway, and wind picked up to a nice open your windows breeze!! Give the ac a rest tonight, I guess.

made my list of music i wanted dd to put on cds for me, not done yet, ha ha, but 49 is enough to start with, I think...She has a machine that can do that, and one that can turn video tapes into cds, which i have already had her do for me with home movies, cds much more long lasting... and i don't even have a vcr anymore, gave it away, lol

Well, im tired, time to slow it down and relax for the evening..

Oh gosh, I didn't crochet much today, but this am, right after I got up, I thought well I will finish that one thing, so got a diet coke and sat down, and crocheted for a few minutes. then noticed ALL my fingertips were bluish, like they were bruised!! It so shocked me, I thought I was having a heart attack, but felt fine otherwise!! SO, I got up in a panic and took two aspirin, and then ran to the phone, had my blue fingers on 911 and something made me think, try running them under warm water to maybe bring back circulation, and I did that, and OMG. it was tint from the cotton yarn I was using!!!!!!! it washed right off! I was so relieved, I almost cried happy tears!!!!!!!!!!!  That my friends was some of the cotton i got on sale at Michaels, in a blue, and that has never ever happened to me before! Just fair warning, I was really pretty upset about it all, till after!!!!! just thought Id share that with ya all, so you can avoid my panic mania!!!!!   I did tell my DSO (dear significant other ) when he came in, and the first words out of his mouth, before I even got it all out, did you try to wash it off?? GRRRRRRRRRRR              well,     sleep well...........................................

How is your doggy doing now?  Poor thing.  I hope she is able to cope better.  

You had me laughing this morning!  That's a nice way to start a day.  Did you return the cotton?  I would say it's a bad batch.

Whew! Good morning Squares! I haven't been on the computer since yesterday afternoon. The severe storms/tornados were all around so I unplugged my computer so it wouldn't get zapped! Lots of rain, lightning and thunder but we are fine. Wow!

You guys were chatty while I was gone!

Katie, lottery win I would buy Kiddles and I a home and pay off all bills, buy my mom a new place and give some to charity. Hoping to have enough to put in savings....... (don't enter me in for the squares though, just wanted to answer!)

Gotta get around and ready for work! Have a great day Squares!

kuddles

Hi, Kuddles!  I hope the tempest is gone.  I don't know how you do it with those storms.  I am way too spoiled here.  Thank God you and Kiddles are okay.

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been enjoying my sewing room sooo much that I haven't even been on the computer much this week. I need to post some pics of some finished projects too.

Katie, the afghan and squares are beautiful.

Here is my blast to the past contribution for today.

These squares and lovely towel were from bgs.

attachicon.gifbgs.jpg

How cool is that!  A whole sewing room to play in.  Yes, please post project pics :)

Yes, in for the lottery for me please!

I am not having a good day so far. Major cramping this morning, unexpected and only ibuprofen to manage, no Excedrin (my go-to these days since it works so much better for me). And nausea, too! Really making the morning miserable. :(. Fortunately the ibuprofen's started working so I can get some stuff done!

Hoping to get my June puffy done this week and then I'll have to focus on quilting for a bit. It's almost July and I'll need to have it done!!

How are you feeling?  I also only take ibuprofen because aspirin finally made me spit up blood.  Not good  :no

CROCHET DAY!!! 

:lol  hubby is coming to get my car and the only thing I'll have to do in this big house all by myself is crochet and watch British dramas.....what a fabulous day!

Hooray!  What did you make?  What did you watch?  I love British TV.

Hi all!  I'm hanging out on the couch and making squares today.  Not much else going on, just trying to recoup from yesterday's little trip.  I'm also going thru patterns for something to make for my granddaughter that is turning 2 this month.  I have it in my head that I want to make a shrug. I think that's what they're called, those little sweaters.  Anyway, I'm trying to find a free pattern of course, :lol , but I'm having a hard time deciding.  Then I did find one I like, but it costs I think, $5.99.  UGH, I'm cheap, I know, but it's because I've paid for patterns before and gotten far inferior patterns than the free ones!  It scared me off of them you could say.  Now I usually only by from trusted sources.  OK, getting off my soapbox :lol .

Katie, I'm so glad that it was only dye from your yarn and nothing medical!  I'll have to remember that when I buy new cotton.

Hope all of you having storms stay safe... :hug

Those of you not feeling well, sending healing thoughts and prayers your way... :hug

Take care everyone!  See you tomorrow!

I love making the love knot shrug.  You just make a rectangle, fold in half lengthwise, and sew a little on each end for the armholes.  I've made a few already.  The next one is for my three-year-old niece.  Best part:  It's a free pattern!

hey ya all.

Well, Seems im at a crochet standstill the past two days, just don't know what to make next, lol all that pretty yarn, rolling it's strands at me whenever i go in the yarnie room...shaking their heads, clicking their yarn tongues. shame on me, I know! Ok, tomorrow though is a new day, and hopefully, I will figure out SOMETHING to make with some of it, lol Won't stop me from buying more, one can never have enough yarn!! take care, and all those in the wild fire areas, wow, hope it gets put out soon...

Do something that is really, really boring until you have no choice but to crochet.  I am on the opposite end:  I am so overwhelmed with things to do that I sometimes just stand in my room and look around.  I have no idea where to head first!

Congratulations to anyone here with graduates!  I'm cooking dinner for a nephew that graduated high school.  That's going to be fun.

Question:  Does anyone have any ideas for simple beading projects?  I am hosting my crafting club's summer party next Thursday.  That means I choose the project we will be working on.  I chose beading.  My intent is to take that stretchy rope to make stretchy rings and stretchy bracelets.  I'm also taking letter and number beads for anyone wishing to make stitch markers.  I like to have the letters and numbers so that I hold the live loop with a stitch marker that will remind me which size hook I'm using.  It works for knitting too.  The stitch markers are a little more challenging because we have to twist the wire to finish it off.  Any other ideas?  Remember, I'm a newbie and won't be able to teach more advanced stuff.

Have a Happy Friday, everyone!

attachicon.gifWindows Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg

Wow so pretty, but Bigger Wow, so much work!

Hi, Kuddles!  I hope the tempest is gone.  I don't know how you do it with those storms.  I am way too spoiled here.  Thank God you and Kiddles are okay.

Question:  Does anyone have any ideas for simple beading projects?  I am hosting my crafting club's summer party next Thursday.  That means I choose the project we will be working on.  I chose beading.  My intent is to take that stretchy rope to make stretchy rings and stretchy bracelets.  I'm also taking letter and number beads for anyone wishing to make stitch markers.  I like to have the letters and numbers so that I hold the live loop with a stitch marker that will remind me which size hook I'm using.  It works for knitting too.  The stitch markers are a little more challenging because we have to twist the wire to finish it off.  Any other ideas?  Remember, I'm a newbie and won't be able to teach more advanced stuff.

Have a Happy Friday, everyone!

Thanks! So pretty yesterday and will be again today, but just in time for the weekend, severe storms tomorrow! Ugh!

I don't bead so don't have other ideas for you but the bracelets would be my choice!

Today should be good: I am alone in the trailer I work in! The other dept, all are out, my boss is out so I can crank up some tunes and get somewhat caught up! Woot!!!!

Katie, no time to take pics this morning of the squares you sent me, but I will and then get posted! Promise!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

adult children out to their appt.- check

mil fed and back in her room - check

peace and quiet to be on the computer without anyone else wanting to get on - check

lots without power in surrounding towns,ours didn't even flicker,other locales having trees down on houses and cars

adult children out to their appt.- check

mil fed and back in her room - check

peace and quiet to be on the computer without anyone else wanting to get on - check

lots without power in surrounding towns,ours didn't even flicker,other locales having trees down on houses and cars

Glad you are safe!

Good morning...almost afternoon...Just finishing  catching up on my e-mails and favorite site (Cville), not to mention second cup of coffe and blooming bone stimulator session....The past 2 days I have had a migrane so I had a lot to catch up on, including crochet....Cat got sick this AM and since I'm out of catfood I cooked her a parmesan chicken tender...Boy did she like that!!!  I'm not one to feed her "people food" but until I go to the feed store it will have to do...Have a chix breast thawing, will simmer that up for her too...

Somehow we missed the brunt of all those terrible storms...I have a feeling we are in for it before the end of Hurricane Season....We have been soooo lucky...I remember a couple of bad storms in my youth and we used to have "Hurricane Parties" or go bar hopping...I know now that those weren't smart ideas, but nevertheless it was fun...Now I stay home and batten down the hatches,,,,

Hope all that were in the midst of the recent storms are safe...Now where is that hook???

Lots to read.. hope all in the storms way stay safe, Pineknott you lucked out, we seldom lose power unless it hits a substation with lightning as all our cables are underground.

Kuddles, no prob on pics, and I see a pic of you jamming, and dancing around your office!!

everyone else, which i already forgot I wanted to comment on, lol hi there, good morning! Good advice Angel, but I want to crochet, just can't think of much to do......boohoo...

estee, poor kitty, she won't complain about chicken!! Mine never do!

Doggie is better, she is going up and down the ramp like it was always there! AND i have noticed she is much more able to get up, (less pain in her hips) and seems to be able to hop up on her window seat, there for a few days, she didn't, and that is her favorite pastime, look out and bark, lol Now I almost welcome the fact she barks, as I know she is feeling much better! I ground the pill now, and sprinkle it over her wet food at night, and that seems to work, i always sprinkle it too, with a bit of garlic salt, to disquise the smell of the pill being in it, not much, just a touch is enough! Thanks for asking! Ginger appreciates that too! lol

ALl for now, more later, when I return! DD is coming over on Sunday, for Fried Chicken and potatoe salad, jello cake, and watermellon, lol her typical favorite summer meal!   Im out of taters, out of eggs, out of chicken, and have no cake or watermelon, so will do that this aft, lol         later squares!

Hello everyone. I've run my errands and done my chores. Now I'm watching the movie Life of Pi, not my usual movie choice but my brother brought me the dvd last night and said it was good.

Now for today's pretty, from Crochet321

post-4459-0-30686800-1371226941_thumb.jpg

Great square!

Hello everyone. I've run my errands and done my chores. Now I'm watching the movie Life of Pi, not my usual movie choice but my brother brought me the dvd last night and said it was good.

attachicon.gifCrochet 321.jpg

I posted pics of this week's sewing projects in other crafts, here is the link if you'd like to look.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/146938-recent-sewing-projects/

And a pair of fingerless gloves I finished last week.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/146939-fingerless-gloves/

Great projects! Woot!

I posted pics of this week's sewing projects in other crafts, here is the link if you'd like to look.

attachicon.gifCrochet 321.jpg

Did you like the movie?  I really liked it.  That is my favorite square!  I've made a couple, and I'm in the planning stages of making lots of squares in DK weight yarn and making a bag.

Great stuff!  I'll always be jealous of people that can sew.  

nice projects Carol!!

I worked when I worked on some crochet squares, 4 inchers for Mandy's friend...Here is a pic, I have two more to edge, but decided to quit for the evening, bad storms possible, so kind of watching the weather too. 16 in all, hope they work out, they measure exactly 4 by 4 inches, lol  and trimmed in white, as asked..........two more, and off they go.....

post-40621-0-42929800-1371252120_thumb.jpg

Oh wow!  I haven't been on much lately, and there are sooooo any posts to check out!  I just gave up!!

Well, I had a "shock" this morning!  Now, Louisiana is very damp, hot and humid, so I have been staying inside when I work from home.  I didn't even go to check my mail.  Too far to walk in the midday heat and humidity.  It's been like 93-95 all week!  Today I had to drive to Baton Rouge for work so I took the trashcan to the street, walked back to my house and WHAM!!!  There was a snake right where my trashcan was!!!  TAlk about freaked out!!!!!  I went inside real quick like (I have to walk past the spot the snake was) and was scared to come out!  I thought, well let me take a picture of this and I went outside and WHAM!  The snake was gone!!!!  Now, that reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy freaked me out!!!!  I was so freaked out, I had to turn the car around as I was leaving and go back home as I forgot my work computer!!!  Lucky for me, I stopped and got my mail and I HAD A PUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!  That was great after the morning I had earlier, now mind you, it isn't even 8:30 a.m.!!!!

Here is what was in the puffy.  I hope you can see them, they are tied with nice neat bows and I didn't want to loose them!  Thank you Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love them and I will accept ANY color, I am not picky at all!!!!  Question, though.  The tag says 3 6" squares, but there are 5!!!  Did you go back to Michaels and get more cotton yarn?????? LOL.  I am too lazy to go through all those pages of posts!

post-2747-0-48230400-1371252304_thumb.jpg

post-2747-0-57841000-1371252319_thumb.jpg

ohhhh glad you didnt show a pic of the SNAKE!! I hate snakes!!!!!!! and so glad you got my puffy, lol was beginning to worry about those buggers!!!!! SOunds like your day was full, and busy, and staying in when its that hot, good idea, lol You're very welcome Snowflake. Was fun to dally in cotton for just a bit!!!!!!!!!

Angel, I have done bracelets before, my only problem was getting the knot to tie so it would stay, as well as making it small enough that it wasn't that visible.  So, I gave all my beading stuff to some teenage girls!!!

We've had some bad storms down here too, but we always seem to!  We are getting ready for those nasty hurricanes!

I am in the process of looking for a smaller/cheaper place to live.  My lease doesn't end for another four months, but I just don't think I can stay where I am at.  I am praying, though, before I make my final decision.  I was hoping to stay in the same place until I could buy a home (or got lucky, and finally met the love of my life and got married!), but not sure if that is what is in the plan.  I am trying not to make any decisions, though, unless God leads me to!  Oh well, we shall see!!!

I am almost done with the part of my job where I have to be in BAton Rouge more than once a week or every other week!  Then I will get to strictly work from home, except for on Friday's when I have to go sync the computer with the main system!  Yippee!!!  This drive is long and can be difficult!  Thankfully this year I have a car with air conditioner, because last year I didn't and by the time I got home, felt like I had been in the shower with my clothes on!!!

Believe me, i don't like snakes either!!!  I texted my friend to come kill it, he just laughed at me!!!  Of course, he lives in Virginia so it wasn't like he could have, but still!  I told him I have never seen a snake before besides in the zoo, so to me, it was NOT funny!!!  Even my sister laughed!  I told my friend he was a bully!!! lol!

Hi Everyone! Not much new to report.  I did get a couple more squares made, so I should be ready to send out a puffy soon. 

Angelroselite, thanks for suggesting the Love Knot Shrug.  I'll check it out. 

Katie, it's great that your doggie is feeling better.  I always feel so bad when one of my furbabies is under the weather.  Oh, those 4" squares you made are so pretty too!

Cshort. love the square you rec'd.

Snowflake, pretty squares! I'm glad your day got better. 

Pineknot, I'm so glad you're safe.  I hope all of you in the storms way stay safe.

Kuddles, sounds like you had a good day alone in your trailer, lol. If you had to be at work at least you could crank up some music and enjoy.

Good morning! I am up and Kiddles is not which never happens! They went to the pool all day yesterday for camp and it wore her out!

Lisa great squares from Katie, isn't she a sweetie!?

But uh snake...no!

Ann, you were up late honey! It makes me smile every time you post.......then I know you are feeling up to it! Hugs!

Katie, didn't get pics taken yet of your squares sent to me...sorry! Life happened, but I will get it done this weekend, promise!!!

Playdate for Kiddles today, the girl will be over here. What have I done??!!

kuddles

Here's the puffy Katie sent me! Isn't it HER month?? She needs to let us spoil her!

Thanks sweetie!

(the 4 smaller are cotton squares I was collecting, along with a new 12 incher per my new specs!)

Love these!

post-17419-0-96988200-1371298510_thumb.jpg

Recent totes I made......the animal batik is for ME! Finally used it and I absolutely love it! Chug a bug tote for Kiddles - we shout out everytime we see one when we are in the car. And the old fashioned fabric one I made for a sweetie at work as a thank you for giving me several yards of the material . Just thought I'd throw some eye candy on here!

post-17419-0-90592100-1371298870_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-55250200-1371298877_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-73099500-1371298883_thumb.jpg

Archived