Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Its so quiet here these last few days,people must be super busy

yesterday I tackled assorted yarn balls,many left over from making all those hats.

somehow thin yarn made its way into my stash,where it came from I have no clue,I don't use that wt.of yarn

to try to keep myself sane,I'm only keeping 2 bags beside my chair,when those get used up,then I'll bring the others back out,the area was just over-run,not that I'm such a neat fanatic,far from it,lol

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I for one have been super busy this weekend! A fest yesterday, today to a nearby burb for a BD lunch (yeah I try to stretch it out about a week) and now back home to get some housework done. We'll see if I do....

Gonna start a bolero pattern....a friend needs it for a Christmas gift I think!

Happy hooking!

kuddles

Wow, being away from this thread for two weeks means you have a lot to catch up on when you get back! I pledge two squares of size I-haven't-measured-them-yet to Estee. I totally did not have her as my guess, btw! :lol

I feel like I haven't gotten much done because I didn't work much of the week leading up to Labor Day and then have barely worked since then (including, still, NO progress on any of my projects with deadlines, and one of those deadlines is in November - and that's cross stitch :'-( ).

I worked like crazy on my scarf over the weekend though, since there were lots of other people around to absorb the kid-watchin' and I took full advantage of it! I also made good progress on my super secret project and would probably be done with it now if I'd worked at all this week.

Buuuuuuuut, over Labor Day weekend we acquired a dog. A big dog. A YOUNG dog. Bringing pets home from my grandmother's farm is becoming something of a Labor Day tradition for us... I'm thinking next year maybe a sheep? A chicken?

So this past week has been crazy, with two of us working full time and trying to adjust to a small house with a cat, a toddler, and a german shepherd puppy who is only partly trained (fully housebroken though, thankfully!). And with my depression suddenly flaring up full blast in the middle of the week. FUN TIMES.

This have gone smoother this weekend, although we just had a bit of a rough night. The cat's starting to be a little more curious and eager to come out of hiding, which is a good sign. And we have obedience training lined up to start Wednesday. Fingers crossed that BOTH of us decide we can manage to keep her! (We do have another couple we know was willing to take her if we conclude that we can't handle a dog right now...)

Ok, that's long enough. Going back to the beginning to see what squares people have on their lists and what yarn I have that matches up with it.

Yarn Monkey - Congrats!!! Really enjoyed reading your proposal story.

Happy belated Birthday Kuddlekubs!

Kim your great nephew is totally adorable!!

Estee glad your tests came out good.

VikingRunnerGirl - Good luck with your new puppy!!

I have been very busy. Working up idea's for my tea cosy swap and starting the actual crochet. Birthday month has official started in my household. Emily turned 9 last week and she had a sleepover on Saturday night. Only two friends thankfully. It was a good night. Fairly quiet with no arguments. I think it was a bit of an eye opener for one of Em's friends though. She comes from a small family and to be thrown into our boisterous family environment was a little overwhelming! She had a blast though.

I am currently planing two more sleepovers for this month and organising Emily's belongings for her school camp next week.

Every weekend I have a houseful of assorted children that are not mine. This weekend I am making use of them and putting them to work making felt christmas tree decorations. Promises of the use of my handy dandy hot glue gun and they promised to bring siblings! What have I got myself in for?

Good morning!

Wow VikingRunnerGirl.......you just added quite a large item to your plate! Good luck with that!!

Paula....and wowsa! Kids every weekend! I'll try not to complain about my one! Good news from the school, my DD will get intensive reading help (she is in 2nd grade and has special needs) so I'm hopeful this year will be a bit of a turning point for her....

Well, it's Monday morning, I'm tired but have to get moving......

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Estee - your puffy went out this morning! It is a really really puffy puffy! :) I hope it makes it okay... And sorry about all the tape - I reused an envelope - pretty sure at least half of the postage was due to the tape :) Can't be too safe! :) Oh, and there are 3 in there, not just the 2 I pledged! :)

Happy Monday, Everyone! :)

Estee - your puffy went out this morning! It is a really really puffy puffy! :) I hope it makes it okay... And sorry about all the tape - I reused an envelope - pretty sure at least half of the postage was due to the tape :) Can't be too safe! :) Oh, and there are 3 in there, not just the 2 I pledged! :)

Happy Monday, Everyone! :)

Yes,beware of the industrial tape she uses,I had a heck of time getting into the package,the beautiful squares made up for the struggle with the tape though.

Morning al!

Beautiful almost fall like day here today. windows open, fresh air coming in, my doggie loves this weather, she has a double fur coat, so summer is not her favorite time of the year at all, she much prefers the cool of fall and winter!

Everyone fine here, been thinking a lot about what to crochet next as it seems I sit there, and look at the yarn, but nothing really comes to mind! Have started a scarf here and there, but nothing major.

HOpe everyone's Monday goes well, have a great one!

Grey day here today...Rained most of yesterday with several boisterous, rumbling, shaking, thunderous episodes of which I enjoyed...I must admit that when I was in WV I really missed the Florida thunder and cracking lightning...But now that I am back in Florida I miss the WV weather, folk, critters, beautiful countryside and mountains...Guess I'm just a "Mountain Mama" at heart...

Hey all!

Just popping in to say hi. Sorry I haven't been able to get Estee's puffy out yet. Still only 1 out of the 2 made. Been having a bit of pregnancy depression. I feel like a heifer and fed up of being uncomfortable and not having a decent nights sleep. Not knowing anyone where I live is doing my head in as well. I only know my Mom and my Sister. I feel so isolated and I feel sorry for Felicia. She only really sees her Mom and Pappa... and occasionally her cousins. Daycare is sooooooo expensive over here in the UK so I can't even put her there. :(

Anyway, trying to think of a new big project to get my teeth into so occupy my mind for a while.

Aw poor emma! Cheer up soon, it will be so worth it with a new little girl in your arms!! Hope you can get some rest soon, you need to keep yourself healthy!

Estee, i don't mind rain and thunder either, and the lightning, although dangerous at times, can be stunningly beautiful!

I did manage to finish up a few projects, or maybe two, lol so my time has not gone to waste. I posted on the show and tell thread,afghans, and then one post in home decor, if you all are wanting to take a look! I must warn Snowflake though, don't look at the afghan if you want to be surprised at how perfect your idea of colors really are, and your afghan will be, and thank you so much for sharing with me your expertise on colors!!!!! You have a good eye missy!!!!!!!!!

Emma - hugs to ya! Hang in there!

Hi to everyone else! Woot!

And wow! Paula you were sure spoiled! Those look great!

Have a good nite all! I'm working on some simple granny squares to send out to another 4 people very soon!

kuddles

What nice eye candy!! :)

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Brenda - bgs for the two squares she put in for the friendshipghan with my RAOK package. They're beautiful! Just love them! And thank you so much for your very thoughtful letter! :) I'll definitely write back soon. This is fun! :)

What nice eye candy!! :)

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Brenda - bgs for the two squares she put in for the friendshipghan with my RAOK package. They're beautiful! Just love them! And thank you so much for your very thoughtful letter! :) I'll definitely write back soon. This is fun! :)

Glad to hear your package made it and you enjoyed it. :hug

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I received a beautiful square in the mail from Abbynormal on Saturday! Thank you so much for sending it.

I am glad it got to you safely. I was getting worried about all my packages getting lost. I sent 5 out and now I have 3 accounted for anyway.

Archived