2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

Here is a layout I put together... it doesn't work because we would be one square short (in the upper left corner in the pic) but I think it has a good general feel to it...can't wait for the real layout so we can join!! :cheer

Very pretty layout!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone! I'm wondering if we're going to be doing any more motifs (like half-octagons, to make the edges straight)... If not, I may just keep this layout, or one similar to it, and make one last square from clue #1 to fill in that missing corner. I'm also splitting it in two to make two baby girl afghans, so I'm interested to what type of border they are going to suggest as well

Thanks everyone! I'm wondering if we're going to be doing any more motifs (like half-octagons, to make the edges straight)... If not, I may just keep this layout, or one similar to it, and make one last square from clue #1 to fill in that missing corner. I'm also splitting it in two to make two baby girl afghans, so I'm interested to what type of border they are going to suggest as well

I was going to suggest that for you but I would certainly encourage you to give it a try. :c9

Here is a layout I put together... it doesn't work because we would be one square short (in the upper left corner in the pic) but I think it has a good general feel to it...can't wait for the real layout so we can join!! :cheer

I love your layout! Actually I loved it so much that I decided to try it myself, and learned in the process that I can't count or read. At some point, I miscounted my Clue 1 squares. I thought I had 11, so I made an extra, and now I have 13. :think And I have 13 Clue 4 blocks. :( Plus, I made 4 MC clue 2 blocks, and only 2 out of color A. :eek So thank you for helping me discovering my problems now, and not while I'm trying to put it all together. :hug At least its not a major fix.

I love your layout! Actually I loved it so much that I decided to try it myself, and learned in the process that I can't count or read. At some point, I miscounted my Clue 1 squares. I thought I had 11, so I made an extra, and now I have 13. :think And I have 13 Clue 4 blocks. :( Plus, I made 4 MC clue 2 blocks, and only 2 out of color A. :eek So thank you for helping me discovering my problems now, and not while I'm trying to put it all together. :hug At least its not a major fix.

Oh no! Well I'm glad you were able to figure it out in time, especially with having a "break" week :)

Oh boy, you were all over the board with this :hug I kept counting and checking colors for each clue in a bit of an OCD manner :rofl You'll have the problem fixed in no time and with a catch up week, it was the perfect time to discover it and not throw a wrench into the clues :yes

Oh no! Well I'm glad you were able to figure it out in time, especially with having a "break" week :)

Oh boy, you were all over the board with this :hug I kept counting and checking colors for each clue in a bit of an OCD manner :rofl You'll have the problem fixed in no time and with a catch up week, it was the perfect time to discover it and not throw a wrench into the clues :yes

I stayed up late last night fixing them all. So now all my ends are woven in, and I have the correct colors. I'm all caught up!! :yarn

I'd like to finish my clues up, but I can't really until I see the layout. I want to see how clue 6 fits into things before I make any. I want to put a different motif in there, but I don't know which. I'm also going to try a different Jo-ann tomorrow to see if I can get another skein of my mc.

I have all my cal clues done and worked on the kal a bit yesterday, but only got 1/2 of a square done :lol

I was trying to play around with layouts, but nothing was working out well....do you think they'll end up having make another small motif yet, I can't come up with anything that doesn't end up missing a small one :think

:woo

I found my MC at Hobby Lobby last night. So I don't have to do any adjustment of the motif colros. :cheer

Now, i just have to decide which octagon to use in place of clue 6 as written. :think

:yay:jumpyay:bounce:woo

Great news!!!!

:woo

I found my MC at Hobby Lobby last night. So I don't have to do any adjustment of the motif colros. :cheer

Now, i just have to decide which octagon to use in place of clue 6 as written. :think

Woohoo!

We're all holding our breath til tomorrow ...

I completely agree!! I wonder if it's going to be another motif or if it is a "hint" at our layout :think

I completely agree!! I wonder if it's going to be another motif or if it is a "hint" at our layout :think

On the Bernat forum, the mods have said all of our motifs are done. We're supposed to get the layout next week.

I totally forgot today was Wednesday until just now :clap:yay Only 20 minutes to go.

I think all the clues are supposed to be done so am thinking we should get the layout today. I'm just wondering what the layout could be without that extra little square :think I guess we're about to find out :bounce

I wish I had known the layout better... now one of my flowers is green and I would have preferred it to be a different color

That's the biggest problem with the mystery CAL's. Even with the color tutorial, it's easy to end up with a strangely colored flower. One of mine is brown. :lol That's part of the reason I'm considering one of the other layouts.

You know I saw that layout posted on the forums last week and I just had a feeling about it. I do like it though. Not sure when I'll get to it since DH and I are going to be out of town most of this week.

Since I won't get to it until friday, I'll be able to see some pictures already joined in the forums first. I must say that I didn't think of them as flowers, just as clusters :lol:blush Sometimes I'm clueless :rofl

Anyhow, I'll have one in a burnt orange, one in a dark blue, and one in dark green so it probably will just look like clusters for me anyways :shrug:think

I'm still pretty sick so I decided to use the layout posted and just start seaming. Hopefully it looks good when finished. I think that I liked another layout better, but then I would have to fudge the border too. I hope it's an outstanding border because sometimes that can make an afghan.

Now I'll back to my sniffling, blowing, non-stop coughing and sewing ;)

I can't wait to see what everyone else decided :)

Archived