2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

looking at all of your fo's I am so tempted to jump into this one...doesn't help that the yarn I purchased for it is just sitting here, every once in a while one of the skeins falls out of the bin as if to remind me that it is still there, lol. I am trying to be good and not start another project until I finish up some of the others I have going. I think it will be the knit version when I do get around to it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I managed to get the ends sewn in on the baby version I made. I didn't have enough yarn to make all the octagons, but I like the way it worked out. I used Aunt Lydia's Shimmer yarn (discontinued) for this one.

[ATTACH]55126[/ATTACH]

I love pastels and the layout you've come up with :yes

Almost there! I have 3 more for clue 5 to do and then clue 6. I'm definitely stealing the layout from Braxxi and I'm going to go through my crocheted borders book to find a different one to do. I think I put too much work into all those pieces to just do a plain ole sc all the way around!! :hook

Almost there! I have 3 more for clue 5 to do and then clue 6. I'm definitely stealing the layout from Braxxi and I'm going to go through my crocheted borders book to find a different one to do. I think I put too much work into all those pieces to just do a plain ole sc all the way around!! :hook

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Ugh! Totally realized last night that I had a lot of my contrast A left over and couldn't figure out why... And then after some hunting, I realized that on Clue 2, I used the wrong color! :bang:bang So I have to re-do those 4... and also because of the way I'm doing the layout, I'm going to re-do Clue 1 all in one color. At least I knew I was doing that, but the fact that I didn't use any of the green really makes me mad! :grumpy

Ugh! Totally realized last night that I had a lot of my contrast A left over and couldn't figure out why... And then after some hunting, I realized that on Clue 2, I used the wrong color! :bang:bang So I have to re-do those 4... and also because of the way I'm doing the layout, I'm going to re-do Clue 1 all in one color. At least I knew I was doing that, but the fact that I didn't use any of the green really makes me mad! :grumpy

OH NO!!!! :(:hug :hug :hug Maybe you can use the extras for something else :think Maybe make a couple pillows to match? Line each piece, sew them together, and stuff :idea

I started another round of my border last night :clap And still have one side to go and then I'm still doing 2 more rounds, but they should go a bit quicker :xfin

OH NO!!!! :(:hug :hug :hug Maybe you can use the extras for something else :think Maybe make a couple pillows to match? Line each piece, sew them together, and stuff :idea

Brilliant!! Then they won't be just a source of serious frustration!! :lol

Well, I finally finished my border last night.

I took some pics and will post at work tomorrow. I can't do it from my iPad :(

:yay I can't wait to see it! I love eye candy... :wink

I just want to let you folks know I'm still enjoying the pics of your afghans! I gave up making mine on the third week when my health/life got in the way but you are keeping me inspired to pick it up again and finish it this summer.

I find it really interesting that, for the final count, there were 69 knit and 155 crocheted afghans entered into the contest. Hmmm... wonder why???. maybe we know something they don't... lol

I just want to let you folks know I'm still enjoying the pics of your afghans! I gave up making mine on the third week when my health/life got in the way but you are keeping me inspired to pick it up again and finish it this summer.

I find it really interesting that, for the final count, there were 69 knit and 155 crocheted afghans entered into the contest. Hmmm... wonder why???. maybe we know something they don't... lol

Well, considering I just finished my border on the weekend for the cal, I didn't get to enter the contest.

But for the kal....I still only have about 6 squares done, I think #7 is on the needles :eek

Sorry I forgot to post my pic yesterday....I started to play a game a lost track of time :blush:lol

So here is my finished mcal ghan :clap I chose to keep the centers of each cluster the same color.

Very pretty!!

• 2 weeks later...

It is different. Not everyone likes all of its parts, like the layout or the border. But it was rather quick to do with enough variety to hold interest. Here is my version of it, for a charity raffle. If I did it again, I'd change the layout.

post-18859-135897762319_thumb.jpg

I finally started to join my motifs together! I finished adding the second row and I'm on the last motif for that and it's not working out. I seem to have an "extra" side? Not sure what I did wrong but think this is going in the WIP basket! :think

I finally started to join my motifs together! I finished adding the second row and I'm on the last motif for that and it's not working out. I seem to have an "extra" side? Not sure what I did wrong but think this is going in the WIP basket! :think

I did that too! Don't know how it happens, always seems perplexing when it is first discovered.

It is different. Not everyone likes all of its parts, like the layout or the border. But it was rather quick to do with enough variety to hold interest. Here is my version of it, for a charity raffle. If I did it again, I'd change the layout.

Gorgeous!!! I love the look :D

Mine is in the closet. I'm going to eventually use the yarn to do something else. I'm going to pull apart all of the motifs and use them for another afghan...something with squares, I'm sure.

I really should have shelved this whole project after the third week and I considered.

Archived