2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

I've been working on the border that jillkap used and so far it is turning out good. I've changed it up just a little. I'm crocheting through both loops instead of BLO. And I may end up doing a cluster instead of a bobble. I thought jillkap's was a cluster plus I'm working on another afghan that is made with the bobble stitch so I don't want to overload myself with bobbles :hook.

jillkap- thank you so much for your wonderful explanation of your border, otherwise I would have been stuck using the sc border from the clue.

You're welcome! I kind of wish I had done a cluster, but it had taken me SO long to get to a certain point that I just didn't feel like ripping it out and starting over :eek Pretty much all my "bobbles" are flattened out because I did them the wrong way (direction) but OH WELL, it's done :lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to get the main afghan put together today and two rows of edge put on it. Not sure if I'll leave the edge as is or add more. Hoping I can get the ends all sewn in tomorrow. I will post a pic when I get it all done.

That turned out beautiful! Your border is gorgeous!

Love the colors! Great job!

I love your color choices :manyheart Great job! I still have to do my border, but I have a baby ghan to get done before I can do that :lol

Thanks!! I got the border from someone online. I actually did the same border the other afghan I made and they look so different just because of the way I put the colors together.

I had a lot of fun doing this and it's fun seeing what every else has done, Suck beautiful afghans!

post-54847-135897755215_thumb.jpg

post-54847-135897755217_thumb.jpg

Here's the pic of the main afghan I was doing. I decided to order another color to complete the baby version so it will be a little while before that one is done.

post-21933-13589775559_thumb.jpg

Here's the pic of the main afghan I was doing. I decided to order another color to complete the baby version so it will be a little while before that one is done.

[ATTACH]54832[/ATTACH]

It's gorgeous! I love the layout that you chose :)

[ATTACH]54832[/ATTACH]

Beautiful :manyheart I love your layout :yes

I still have to do up my border, maybe tonight :think

[ATTACH]54832[/ATTACH]

Love the layout! Wonderful job!

I love :manyheart all the afghans! They all turned out so nice!! :D Just beautiful work, everyone!! I have mine done, and the border is finished (although after seeing some of yours I may go ahead and add the other 3 contrast colors - I did the main color and color D on mine) AND I have pictures taken - but they are still on my camera. Hopefully one day soon I'll get them off the camera and posted on here!! :rofl

Braxxi, I loooove the layout you did!!! :manyheart

I'm only halfway through clue 5 (life kinda got in the way for a bit), but I cheated and looked ahead on the forum to see the final layout and I'm not a huge fan... I think I might steal Braxxi's idea and do it that way, if she doesn't mind. :blush

The flowers are pretty, but I don't know that my colors are going to work very well with that one...

Is anyone else as far behind as me???

Braxxi, I loooove the layout you did!!! :manyheart

I'm only halfway through clue 5 (life kinda got in the way for a bit), but I cheated and looked ahead on the forum to see the final layout and I'm not a huge fan... I think I might steal Braxxi's idea and do it that way, if she doesn't mind. :blush

The flowers are pretty, but I don't know that my colors are going to work very well with that one...

Is anyone else as far behind as me???

Well, I'm not that far. I'm still working on my border because it keeps getting tossed aside since I'm consumed with reading the Hunger Games trilogy right now. Plus, I'm still not sure what I'm doing with my border :think

Life gets the best of all of us at times :hug Hope all is well.

Okay, I FINALLY got the pictures off my camera, onto my computer, and ready to upload! I will possibly post individual photos of the clues later, if anyone wants to see them. Other wise, here are two shots of the completed afghan, each going in a different direction. :rofl

post-25611-135897756819_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897756824_thumb.jpg

Okay, I FINALLY got the pictures off my camera, onto my computer, and ready to upload! I will possibly post individual photos of the clues later, if anyone wants to see them. Other wise, here are two shots of the completed afghan, each going in a different direction. :rofl

[ATTACH]55059[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55060[/ATTACH]

I like your colors together :manyheart

I still have to complete my border, just still not sure WHAT :lol But, right now I'm hung up on the Hunger Game books :shrug

I like your colors together :manyheart

I still have to complete my border, just still not sure WHAT :lol But, right now I'm hung up on the Hunger Game books :shrug

Thank you! I do plan to make another one - with some definite changes! For instance, the octagon that we made 6 of in the MC? I hated that one! Clue number 6 I did differently than the pattern, and for the "star" octagon I plan to change colors after the "star" part is done... Since I disliked the "filler" octagon, I plan to do two more of each of the other octagons in the MC (or lay my next one out like Braxxi's, I really like how hers looks!!) so I can skip that "filler" octagon altogether! :lol

I understand getting hung up on books! Enjoy the story... I wasn't sure about the border, but my son Michael told me it was fine so I stopped after just the two rounds. :D I was thinking about going around it three more times, once in each of the CC's that I hadn't used yet. We'll see how the next one goes!

:hug

[ATTACH]54832[/ATTACH]

I really love your layout and the colors together!

[ATTACH]55059[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55060[/ATTACH]

This is beautiful!!

Hey,

I finally finished my border.:clap I don't plan on doing another one but then again I might because my dd likes it so much I might give it to her. The next one I can change a little since I know what the finished product will look like.

I managed to get the ends sewn in on the baby version I made. I didn't have enough yarn to make all the octagons, but I like the way it worked out. I used Aunt Lydia's Shimmer yarn (discontinued) for this one.

post-21933-13589775706_thumb.jpg

I missed the CAL, but it's so great coming in after it's over, because then I get the benefit of seeing all your wonderful afghans and the colors you used, not to mention the pattern in full! Now I'm interested in making this afghan and knowing in advance what color I'm going to use and where the colors will be placed!

Great job, everyone who participated and left pics for us to admire!

Archived