2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

I'm out of my main color. I went to Jo-Ann on Saturday and there wasn't any. Ahh! I guess I'm going to have to use a different color. I'm going to wait until the clue for joining is released so I can decide which other color to use.

I only need enough to make the last two octagons from clue 6. So, I should have plenty of another color. I have tons of three of the contrast colors left.

Now that is surely a bummer :angry I started my 2nd octagon last night but got side tracked so suffice it to say that I won't have this clue completed by tomorrow :lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm out of my main color. I went to Jo-Ann on Saturday and there wasn't any. Ahh! I guess I'm going to have to use a different color. I'm going to wait until the clue for joining is released so I can decide which other color to use.

I only need enough to make the last two octagons from clue 6. So, I should have plenty of another color. I have tons of three of the contrast colors left.

Bummer! I'm sure it will still look pretty even with a change up. At least you know that you chose a great color, everyone else wanted it too. :lol

That stinks. I'm sure it'll look great though. I bought more of my color too because I was concerned about having enough, though it seems like I will. I'm almost done with my 6th one.

Looks like it's an off week for us doing the CAL. We're supposed to play with our different clues & see if we can figure out how it's all supposed to go together.

CAL: http://www.bernat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=2245

http://www.bernat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=2253

KAL: http://www.bernat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=2249

Looks like it's an off week for us doing the CAL. We're supposed to play with our different clues & see if we can figure out how it's all supposed to go together.

CAL: http://www.bernat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=2245

KAL: http://www.bernat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=2249

Okay, I'm off to go play with my motifs. So far I haven't seen any pics of layouts that I really like. They seem kind of hodge podge to me. But then that may be that I'm still sick, so everything is a bit off.

I'm going to spend the week weaving in ends, and fixing some of mine. I just went through them all this morning, and I'm missing one of my Clue 1 squares, so I've either gotta find it or make a new one.

I have to admit that this CAL really was not my cuppa. I'm glad I opted out early enough that I could do something else with the yarn.

I still have to design a doll clothes set in all my colours - Dora needs more clothes more than I need an octagon afghan. :rofl

I definitely need catch up week. I don't like any of the layouts on the Bernat site. I agree they look hodge-podged.

I agree with you about the different layouts I've seen....I'll have to play with it a bit when I'm done with all the clues :think I think the last one I changed a couple of the squares for the layout too, so we'll see what they come up with.

I'm glad for a catch-up week, too. I only have one and half octagons done for clue 6. The first time I worked through the clue, I didn't reall like it, so I dragged my feet on getting these done. After making a few adjustments and adopting some of the modificatoins, it's starting to grow on me.

I cannot figure out how our 24 octogons that are 11" can work out to the dimensions of 46.5" x 62". I keep pondering it but mathematically I cannot work it out. 4 motifs side by side would be 44", 6 motifs long would be 66". Can anyone figure out how that could work up?:think

I cannot figure out how our 24 octogons that are 11" can work out to the dimensions of 46.5" x 62". I keep pondering it but mathematically I cannot work it out. 4 motifs side by side would be 44", 6 motifs long would be 66". Can anyone figure out how that could work up?:think

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps it's going to be an elaborate, lacy border... :think

I'm actually glad for the off week since I still did not have all of clue 6 done. It's definitely. It my favorite motif, but with the suggested changes, I do like it better. I only have 2 more to do. I'm anxious to see how they want us to put them together & to see what the border will be.

I have no clue :shrug Although I can't say I've given it any thought either :lol I never actually looked at the finished measurements that were posted :lol

Here is a layout I put together... it doesn't work because we would be one square short (in the upper left corner in the pic) but I think it has a good general feel to it...can't wait for the real layout so we can join!! :cheer

post-43909-135897750341_thumb.jpg

Here is a layout I put together... it doesn't work because we would be one square short (in the upper left corner in the pic) but I think it has a good general feel to it...can't wait for the real layout so we can join!! :cheer

That is the best possibility that I have seen yet.

That is the best possibility that I have seen yet.

I agree that it's the best I've seen too, but you're right, it's a square short :think I also don't think it's going to be the same number of octagons in each direction based off the measurements that someone shared (sorry, I can't remember who :blush)

Archived