2012 Bernat Mystery CAL and KAL

Braxxi

I took pictures of my clue four squares today. Unfortunately, it was after the clouds came, so the color is a little off. No kitty carnage this time; she was distracted by a paper bag. :lol

OMG! I love that color! What color/kind of yarn are you using?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melia is my daughter & she & her sister (kam) & brother are spending a few days with their grandparents. She'll be back in a few days.

I finally finished all of my clue 3 octagons the other day & have started on the clue 4 squares. Since I've managed to hurt my ankle somehow, I'll probably get them all done tomorrow.

Here are my 12 popcorn squares, and photo of one of each motif/color all together :)

Love you colors together :manyheart Great job!

I got all twelve of my solid grannies done yesterday (in place of the popcorns). :yay

WTG :cheer

Those are so pretty! I :manyheart the green!

Here are my finished squares for clue 4:

I like your arrangement :yes

I took pictures of my clue four squares today. Unfortunately, it was after the clouds came, so the color is a little off. No kitty carnage this time; she was distracted by a paper bag. :lol

Love the color, even if it didn't come out right :lol

Everyone's motifs look great!! :tup

I still have 5 of the clue 3 octagons to do... my son came wandering into my room this evening, and said he was in the mood to crochet something but didn't want to do just the same ol' dc's he always does... :lol He was in the mood to learn something new. So I sat down with him, and worked one of the clue 4 squares. Then I got out of his way, and he did the second square for me! :yay His is great, it's almost exactly the same size as mine, and unless you saw which one of us crocheted which square, I bet you couldn't tell whose was whose!! (I might have a helper on my CAL!!) :woo

Oh, now that's fun :lol

Congrats on getting them done, Tina! :cheer

I'm not anxious for Wednesday yet. I need to get my other afghan finished. If I push it, I might be able to pull it off in two days.

:cheer :cheer I know you can do it :cheer :cheer

I still have 5 of the clue 3 octagons to do... my son came wandering into my room this evening, and said he was in the mood to crochet something but didn't want to do just the same ol' dc's he always does... :lol He was in the mood to learn something new. So I sat down with him, and worked one of the clue 4 squares. Then I got out of his way, and he did the second square for me! :yay His is great, it's almost exactly the same size as mine, and unless you saw which one of us crocheted which square, I bet you couldn't tell whose was whose!! (I might have a helper on my CAL!!) :woo

Aren't you the lucky one! I have four boys (each one long gone from the nest) and each one can crochet a chain! Just enough knowledge to appreciate the art of crochet. :)

Aw, that's so sweet!

I love Vanna's Choice yarn, good choice yarn geek! :P I'm using Vanna's Choice for my CAL and KAL, too.

Well, I finished the crocheting part of the afghan I wanted to finish. Tomorrow, I'll weave in ends. Then, I'm all ready for Wednesday. I don't know what to do with myself...being this productive. :rofl

Oh, now that's fun :lol

Aren't you the lucky one! I have four boys (each one long gone from the nest) and each one can crochet a chain! Just enough knowledge to appreciate the art of crochet. :)

Aw, that's so sweet!

Yes, it is fun, and yes, I am a very lucky one, and yes, I think it's sweet, too!! :lol

He came in tonight and did another one for me. :yay

I got the rest of my clue 3 octagons finished today, so I'm down to just 9 of the clue 4 squares to go!! :clap

:manyheart

Still lurking around and seeing how you are all doing! They are all looking good!

Melani- How neat that you have a "helper" in the CAL!!! Very cool!!!

I've been plugging away on the 'brain-dead' afghan that I'm making in lieu of the mystery ghan- I take it with me to craft club every Monday night and it is the perfect project for me.

Looking forward to seeing how these Mystery Ghans turn out!

Thank you! :hug It would be doing a lot better if I could just stay off of it! But it is doing better.

That's the biggest problem with an ankle injury....very difficult to stay off of :lol:hug

Yep. You're talking to a pro here. I'm one of only 1% in the world to have a bone chip injury to my left ankle like an athlete would have to their knee. :eek.

Thankfully, this is my right ankle and it's from stepping down wrong off of a step ladder.

Yep. You're talking to a pro here. I'm one of only 1% in the world to have a bone chip injury to my left ankle like an athlete would have to their knee. :eek.

Thankfully, this is my right ankle and it's from stepping down wrong off of a step ladder.

I had to have ankle surgery last year. Had tissue growing between two bones in my left ankle. That was NOT fun and very hard to diagnose. I suffered with pain from it for years, some days so bad, I could hardly walk. Good Luck with yours.

Clue 5 is really easy. I've got the first 6 rounds finished on my first octagon. I'm slightly disappointed that we don't get to use the one color we haven't used much of so far. I have to admit, this CAL has really helped me improve my chart reading skills.:hook

For some reason when I pull the pdf for this week's clue up it doesn't give me the option to save it. There is no little save icon thingy. Does anyone know what I have done wrong to not have it? I am not seeing on the forums that anyone else is having this issue.

For some reason when I pull the pdf for this week's clue up it doesn't give me the option to save it. There is no little save icon thingy. Does anyone know what I have done wrong to not have it? I am not seeing on the forums that anyone else is having this issue.

I didn't have a problem with it :think

Me neither.

Archived