2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

been to the lys and picked up the yarn to make Smurfette for my niece's birthday. Talked to my sister My nephew loves all pokemon so i get to pick which one for his birthday, and she is sending the measurements, gender and quantities for her girls' zhu zhu pets so i can get started on sleeping bags and. beds...she tells me that they have at least 10 that need sleeping bags. Also picked up some of the plastic canvas and yarnt he we need to make on of our granddaughter's christmas gifts...a dollhouse. Her Papa and I are making it toghether he does plastic canvas, well the simple stuff. so we are teaming up then the beds will have crocheted blankets. I will just have to find a doll family in the right scale otherwise a crocheted doll family in the right scale but i have to make the furniture at least first so i know how small they have to be. I would say a very productive first day of the new year.

What an awesome project!!!! We'll love hearing about - and seeing ;) - your progress.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Lots of snow on the ground here today, and more on the way. Luckily I have no place to go for a couple of days.

Chrissyf, the dollhouse sounds like it will be wonderful, and its nice you and dh can work on it together.

Julie, cross stitch used to be one of my favorite things to do, but it got so I couldn't see to work on it as well as I used to. I got one of those bright craft lamps this past year, just so I could see the holes in cross stitch fabric, and it has helped some. I have a bunch of nearly finished projects that I hope to finish this year.

Finished the reindeer ornament last night and will be posting details on my blog when things get back to a normal schedule tomorrow. Today I think I'm going to focus on finishing the last of my 2011 Christmas presents the cat afghan. I have to finish two more charts and it will be done. It's 4ft now, but I want to take it to 6ft.

I'm in. Don't have a list yet, but know that I'll be making some counted cross-stitch book marks for friends to go in next year's Christmas cards. Will add other things as I come up with them. The first item will probably be something for my mother for Mother's day/Birthday which are just days apart. Don't know what yet, but will have to come up with something.

I have be lurking here all week so decided that I will join in here. Not sure if I will be able to keep up with all the daily chit-chat that goes on after I start back to work tommorrow on not. (hope so). I do have a list started will post it later today.

I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with the daily chit-chat either once I return to work tomorrow, but will keep up as best I can.

I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with the daily chit-chat either once I return to work tomorrow, but will keep up as best I can.

It may be that a lot of people will be in the same boat and the chitchat will be easier to keep up with.

Good morning everyone :hi

I made good progress on my graph ghan over the weekend and can't wait to finish to share pics :bounce I usually post in the morning and lurk a couple times during the day. But lately, once I leave work then I'm out until I'm back to work :lol

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's and that you and all your families have a safe and healthy 2012 :hug

Ann - My nephew got on the ipad on saturday to show me his chain, it looked good and fairly consistent :clap Then I was starting with the sc and just told my SIL to go pull it up on youtube that he'll be able to see it clearer :lol

Joanne - I couldn't have said it better myself

Julie - Good luck with your cross stitch.

Chrissy - That dollhouse is going to be awesome, and it's great to have help with it too :yes Are you making a pokeman?

Catch y'all later

I am in.....my list is as follows:

shawls

ornaments

scarves

hats

afghans

I am half way of a knitted scarf I am working on.

That's a nice variety of projects...we'll be here to :cheeryou on!

I have be lurking here all week so decided that I will join in here. Not sure if I will be able to keep up with all the daily chit-chat that goes on after I start back to work tommorrow on not. (hope so). I do have a list started will post it later today.

Don't worry about keeping up with the chit chat. Because I started this CAL I'll be checking in every day, but many others can't because of work and other obligations, so don't let that stop you from coming by for a bit of encouragement if you need it!:hook

Finished the reindeer ornament last night and will be posting details on my blog when things get back to a normal schedule tomorrow. Today I think I'm going to focus on finishing the last of my 2011 Christmas presents the cat afghan. I have to finish two more charts and it will be done. It's 4ft now, but I want to take it to 6ft.

WTG!:clap

I'm in. Don't have a list yet, but know that I'll be making some counted cross-stitch book marks for friends to go in next year's Christmas cards. Will add other things as I come up with them. The first item will probably be something for my mother for Mother's day/Birthday which are just days apart. Don't know what yet, but will have to come up with something.

Yay, Linda!:yay

....I'll bet mom doesn't need another afghan....:lol Or does she?;)

This is my new list:

I need 3 dozen snowflakes

3 dozen angels

3 dozen stockings

3 dozen candy cane holders

3 dozen covered ornaments

8 cross-stitch stockings

3 dozen dishclothes

1 dozen potholders

5 doll afghans

30 grocery totes for charity fundraising

hockey quilt for Freeze raffle for Christmas week next year

and in the middle I want to learn to crochet socks.

I will be getting started after I finish scrap ripple I am working on.:manyheart

This is my new list:

3 dozen angels

3 dozen stockings

8 cross-stitch stockings

3 dozen dishclothes

1 dozen potholders

5 doll afghans

I will be getting started after I finish scrap ripple I am working on.:manyheart

:faint:nworthy

I would love to join. this will be my first CAL. I only have a few gifts in mind for right now, but I would also like to use this format to keep track of my blankets I make to donate also. I am expecting a new neice or nephew in June and I'm not sure how the mommy is going to feel about a crochet blanket. I am going to offer to let her go through my box of already made baby blankets and pick something she likes.

My list:

Finish current wip-purple and white ripple baby blanket http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rugged-ripples

Finished other nephew's box stitch camo afghan

Make a brown,green, blue ripple baby blanket

I would love to join. this will be my first CAL. I only have a few gifts in mind for right now, but I would also like to use this format to keep track of my blankets I make to donate also. I am expecting a new neice or nephew in June and I'm not sure how the mommy is going to feel about a crochet blanket. I am going to offer to let her go through my box of already made baby blankets and pick something she likes.

My list:

Finish current wip-purple and white ripple baby blanket http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rugged-ripples

Welcome! Whatever you choose to work on we'll keep you motivated! That's a great pattern you're working on, too.

I'll add it to my first post here in case someone else would like to make one.

I went in Hobby Lobby today and found a pattern book for crocheted prayer shawls. I'm still working on my list of what to make for who, but this will definitely be part of it.

Shawls are a wonderful idea!:clap

Welcome to the group!

I've decided that I'm "hatted" out for a bit- I made 5 hats this weekend for DD's friends and also a couple of neck-warmers/cowls that I'll put away for next Christmas! I also finished a hat for my grandson.

I've been itching to start an afghan- and am thinking of a large granny. I had made large granny for my family room- until my oldest decided she liked it so I brought it to her in Boston last year.

Ann- My youngest DD's sister-in-law is expecting twins- boy and girl- expecting in June or July- so I'll have to make blankets for them, too

Trying to think of something to make for my middle DD who turns 30 in March- I've already given her 2 afghans--and hats/scarves, Stash buster Tote, legwarmers, fingerless gloves and a shrug. She appreciates and loves handmade.

This is my new list:

3 dozen angels

3 dozen stockings

8 cross-stitch stockings

3 dozen dishclothes

1 dozen potholders

5 doll afghans

I'm tired just reading about this :whew

My list:

:welcome I'm sure you will find that the motivation here is amazing and definitely helps. Love the RR you chose :manyheart

I went in Hobby Lobby today and found a pattern book for crocheted prayer shawls. I'm still working on my list of what to make for who, but this will definitely be part of it.

I love getting a new book and trying out a pattern, have fun with it.

I finished the owl hat and scarf set. I think that they came out nicely.

Tonight I started a baby blanket for an aquaintance. I can only work on the wedding ring afghans when my darlings are asleep because it takes a little more of my brain, lol.

post-22492-135897723461_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897723465_thumb.jpg

Archived