2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

Mom introduced me to yarn bobbins and they have been such a blessing. I tried using one of the yarn sorter bins and it was not pretty. I have just one more go through the chart and the cat afghan is finally finished!!!!

:yay:cheer :cheer Go, go, go :cheer :cheer

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cross stitch pattern I tried was a flop. Will have to try a different one. It seems so much smaller than when I last worked on it. Yikes!

That's why I gave away one of my unfinished samplers..I couldnt believe I worked on cloth that small!:eek

Mom introduced me to yarn bobbins and they have been such a blessing. I tried using one of the yarn sorter bins and it was not pretty. I have just one more go through the chart and the cat afghan is finally finished!!!!

You, go, girl!:cheer

Joanne, is this business because of the new project, or are you still tying up ends from previous projects? Hope that things settle down for you soon.

New project- and I'm the project manager-lots of things to learn-and I'm a little overwhelmed right now! It should be an interesting year!

Judy- I get lunch- but have been just eating at my desk- I've got lots to get done- and the project kick-off is next Wednesday and I'm heading to Boston on Fri and don't get back to work till Wednesday! The timing is not great to say the least!!

New project- and I'm the project manager-lots of things to learn-and I'm a little overwhelmed right now! It should be an interesting year!

Judy- I get lunch- but have been just eating at my desk- I've got lots to get done- and the project kick-off is next Wednesday and I'm heading to Boston on Fri and don't get back to work till Wednesday! The timing is not great to say the least!!

Oof! That really doesn't sound like good timing. Hope the kickoff goes smoothly and that you have a great time in Boston. :hug

I do hope you'll enjoy your trip and try not to think about work.....whether you worry about it or not, you will still come back to the same thing :think So please don't let the stress of it ruin your trip :hug :hug

Still plugging away at the afghan. About 20 something rows to go!!!

I frogged a knitted Christmas tree dishcloth, (I can never fix my knitting it always ends up being frogged) and started a knitted shamrock cloth instead.)

My husband printed out the Star Wars ships and they don't look too intimidating so I may squeeze in some work on the first one today!!!

I did 8 beanies for preemies & NICU babies last night and this morning. I have added a goal of donating a big box full of them to the NICU where Emma stayed by their birthday in August. For anyone wanting to make beanies for the NICU, not all of them are tiny. The night before Emma was released, a 9lb 10oz boy at 41 weeks gestation came in, so he was a big boy :) PICU can always use them too.

I did 8 beanies for preemies & NICU babies last night and this morning. I have added a goal of donating a big box full of them to the NICU where Emma stayed by their birthday in August. For anyone wanting to make beanies for the NICU, not all of them are tiny. The night before Emma was released, a 9lb 10oz boy at 41 weeks gestation came in, so he was a big boy :) PICU can always use them too.

Great work!:clap

My neighbor/friend is a NIC nurse and she says the same thing....there's a need for regular baby sizes, too!

:lol My first one was a bit tangled too, but then I learned a trick from someone here at the ville and it is great at keeping everything in order and preventing that mess from occuring. Just put all your skeins in a bin (I stand them up so that the end I'm pulling from is face up) and work with them from there. When you have to turn, put the ghan down on top of the bin, turn the bin, and pick it up backwards :D Works like a charm :whew

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to remember that if I ever attempt another one! :lol

:cheer:clap:cheer

Good luck with the kick off, but most of all enjoy your trip, relax! Everything will work out with the job when you get back! :hug

Still plugging away at the afghan. About 20 something rows to go!!!

I frogged a knitted Christmas tree dishcloth, (I can never fix my knitting it always ends up being frogged) and started a knitted shamrock cloth instead.)

My husband printed out the Star Wars ships and they don't look too intimidating so I may squeeze in some work on the first one today!!!

I can never fix my knitting mistakes either. I hate it when they happen at the end of the project! UGH!

WTG on the beanies!!!

I ran out of yarn for my camo afghan, so that project is on hold for might now. I spent Monday night trying to figure out how to make a baby bootie, but was not successful. I might try again tonight with a new pattern.

I haven't made a baby bootie for quite some time. Wish I could remember an easy pattern. I want to make some for the twins! :lol

I would like to try this. I already have two items to make. I have a new grandbaby coming in April and I don't have long. I would like something different to crochet and open to any suggestions. :cheer

You could always get some cotton and crochet up sets of washcloths, or if you get real adventurous, you could even work up a hooded towel. You can make all sorts of lovies - just do a mini blanket and an amigurumi, then just attach the ami to the blanket. If its a girl, you could make some lightweight/summer hats, and there are some lightweight hats for boys on Ravelry as well. If you sew at all and the mom isn't opposed to the idea, you can buy flannel and make her some washable/reusable diaper wipes using the flannel.

I can never fix my knitting mistakes either. I hate it when they happen at the end of the project! UGH!

I haven't made a baby bootie for quite some time. Wish I could remember an easy pattern. I want to make some for the twins! :lol

I can't fix knitting mistakes either.

I make quite a few booties for the pregnancy resource center. I've made up a couple of bootie patterns that I have posted on my blog, but I think they are more suited to girls than to boys, and I don't remember what sex you are making them for. both.

I like to make mine so there is no sewing involved in finishing, but I have seen several patterns for baby booties made flat and then sewn together afterwards as well. Like this one:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevsbooties2.html

There are other easy bootie patterns on Bev's site as well.

I haven't made these booties but the pattern has gotten great reviews:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82747

This next one is a very easy knit bootie pattern. You can make the cuff lacy for a girl, or plainer for a boy. If you use WW yarn and size 6 needles they will turn out to be about 3 month size. If I can knit them, pretty much anyone can. ( I knit a pair in an afternoon, which may not sound like a big deal, but I am an extremely slow knitter!)

http://www.p2designs.com/pdfs/Denny-Margret.pdf

Doesn't matter, boy or girl. I just want to learn how to make a bootie and I have been having trouble with it.

I make quite a few booties for the pregnancy resource center. I've made up a couple of bootie patterns that I have posted on my blog, but I think they are more suited to girls than to boys, and I don't remember what sex you are making them for. both.

I like to make mine so there is no sewing involved in finishing, but I have seen several patterns for baby booties made flat and then sewn together afterwards as well. Like this one:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevsbooties2.html

There are other easy bootie patterns on Bev's site as well.

I am able to make these, and they turn out great, but I wanted more of a traditional bootie.

I haven't made these booties but the pattern has gotten great reviews:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82747

I tried these tonight, and was able to make one so far, and it actually looks pretty decent.

This next one is a very easy knit bootie pattern. You can make the cuff lacy for a girl, or plainer for a boy. If you use WW yarn and size 6 needles they will turn out to be about 3 month size. If I can knit them, pretty much anyone can. ( I knit a pair in an afternoon, which may not sound like a big deal, but I am an extremely slow knitter!)

http://www.p2designs.com/pdfs/Denny-Margret.pdf

I have tried knitting, and failed.

I am going to go back to Brenda's pattern and try for bootie number two. Just so happy I got one to look right. :manyheart

I have finally finished that slipper I've been knitting for months. Now to make another one to match!

wtg!:cheer:clap

...I hope you don't have to make 3 so you end up with a matching pair...like I used to do when I made booties:lol:lol

I have finally finished that slipper I've been knitting for months. Now to make another one to match!

YEAH!!!:cheer:cheer

I always struggle making the second match the first item. Thankfully I only make doll's clothes. They don't complain as much about the fit.:lol

Finished my St. Patrick's Dishcloth.

I got more work done on the Star Wars ship.

Today I will go back and do some work on the afghan.

very nice work!:clap

Hello everyone :hi

I didn't get in any hook time last night, since it was a busy one. But hopefully tonight I'll get to work on something :think

You're so busy now I can't imagine how crazy your life would be if you had a family at home pulling you in yet another direction!

Doesn't matter, boy or girl. I just want to learn how to make a bootie and I have been having trouble with it.

I have tried knitting, and failed.

I am going to go back to Brenda's pattern and try for bootie number two. Just so happy I got one to look right. :manyheart

Have you finished bootie number two?

Been crocheting away a little bit at a time on the baby blanket for my DD's friend- I end up crocheting for about 1/2 hour at night- and then get so tired!!! I am loving the way it is turning out, though!

Archived