2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

Very nice baby blanket and Smurfette doll.

I finished the booties and added a flower to them. I excited I have finally found a pattern that works.

Adorable!

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I would love to join, but I'm still finishing my Mom's gift from 2011. She said she wouldn't mind waiting until after the holidays due to the fact that I had to make the baby blanket for a shower on 1/7/12 and I just finished the Sweater and Hat too. I'm making my Mother a lace scarf out of alpaca which I'm knitting. I should be done real soon. Then I want to work on making animal balloons which are also knitted for my great-nephews and great neice (she is due to arrive in February). These are knitted too but I will post them when they're done (a Poodle, alligator and a duck).

I found a counted cross stitch picture that I started several years ago and never finished. I'm adding it to my list of gifts for next Christmas. Not sure who it's for yet, but will be gifting it. It's made of parts of three Christmas stocking pictures with a lot of ad-libbing where they join. I've added to all three of the sheep and one of the shepherhds since the picture was taken.

post-9295-135897726783_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897726778_thumb.jpg

I found a counted cross stitch picture that I started several years ago and never finished. I'm adding it to my list of gifts for next Christmas. Not sure who it's for yet, but will be gifting it. It's made of parts of three Christmas stocking pictures with a lot of ad-libbing where they join. I've added to all three of the sheep and one of the shepherhds since the picture was taken.

[ATTACH]50216[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]50217[/ATTACH]

Linda- that is going to be gorgeous!!! Beautiful work!

Wow, that's gorgeous!!!

Thank you, ladies. I've decided that one of the tricks to working on it is having very good light. Bright sunshiny days are best. Number two is taking my glasses off so I can focus in close. Number three is working on it when I'm well rested and can concentrate. Having a TV show that I can listen too, but don't have to actually watch helps too. :lol

Thank you, ladies. I've decided that one of the tricks to working on it is having very good light. Bright sunshiny days are best. Number two is taking my glasses off so I can focus in close. Number three is working on it when I'm well rested and can concentrate. Having a TV show that I can listen too, but don't have to actually watch helps too. :lol

Glasses off! I'm blind as a bat w/out mine for reading or close work....:P

Glasses off! I'm blind as a bat w/out mine for reading or close work....:P

Normally so am I, but my prescription is so strong that for really close work I can't focus.

Here is my baby blanket finished :) Now just the 2 wedding afghans and I can begin work on actual Christmas things.

Beautiful :manyheart

Very nice baby blanket and Smurfette doll.

I finished the booties and added a flower to them. I excited I have finally found a pattern that works.

Adorable :manyheart Glad you found a pattern to work for you

Gorgeous piece :manyheart

Hello there everyone :hi

I'm currently on my 5th square of 20 for my sunflower afghan that I'm working on after pulling out of my WIP bucket :lol I'm thinking that although it's a bit darker, can work as a bridal shower gift in March :think We shall see.

Hello there everyone :hi

I'm currently on my 5th square of 20 for my sunflower afghan that I'm working on after pulling out of my WIP bucket :lol I'm thinking that although it's a bit darker, can work as a bridal shower gift in March :think We shall see.

:cheerGo, girl, go:cheer

These are the same ones I was working on at one of our meetups.....how long ago? :eek:lol

too long ago:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I have not had much home crochet time this weekend. Managed to finish the potholder for the KISS Swap and while i have been out i have been working on scarves for grannieannie. but those i will arrange to send out when i have a few to fill either a small box or a large bubble mailer to maximize my shipping costs.

I have not had much home crochet time this weekend. Managed to finish the potholder for the KISS Swap and while i have been out i have been working on scarves for grannieannie. but those i will arrange to send out when i have a few to fill either a small box or a large bubble mailer to maximize my shipping costs.

Isn't it terrible when life interferes with our crochet time?:P

Thanks Joanne, and I think I said 20 squares yesterday, but it's only going to be 12 :clap So I'm just about half way done. I already had the centers done and there's 12 there when I counted last night so it will be 3'x4' which I think is fine for the throw and don't want to commit to doing more since I already keep casting it aside :shrug

Judy - you can say that again :yes

Haven't posted in a while but I've been reading all the chit chat. I'm working on my brother's b-day present, which is the afghan from the 2010 Bernat CAL. I'm almost done. I'm improvising a different square for the flower motif since it's for my brother, and then I'll be piecing it together! Hoping to get it in the mail by this Friday.

After that, I'll begin working on Christmas gifts & a special afghan for my grandmother who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

a migraine has sidelined me again!:irk so all i have managed to work on is my granddaughter's plastic canvas doll house. for some reason i can do that in lower light and it does not bother my head.

a migraine has sidelined me again!:irk so all i have managed to work on is my granddaughter's plastic canvas doll house. for some reason i can do that in lower light and it does not bother my head.

Hope you feel better soon. :hug

Archived