2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

Valerie, that sounds like a very pretty combo of colors for the RR! We'll be looking forward to seeing pictures when it's done:hook

I started a filet heart afghan using Impeccable to replace the wedding ring that isn't turning out good enough for a wedding gift. The filet heart afghan is a pleasure to work on, and may become my go to pattern for wedding gifts.

The wedding ring pattern is hard to do, from what I've heard...good move to go on to something else.

Is the filet hearts pattern a free one?

My Valentine's box is almost ready to mail now that I have my Valentine's Cookies finished. They are posted on my blog for anyone who would like to see pictures here.

Those are so cute! You have a wonderful imagination:yes

it's funny how you always toss the projects for yourself aside and focus on the ones for other people :yes

Ain't THAT the truth!:yes

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Valentine's box is almost ready to mail now that I have my Valentine's Cookies finished. They are posted on my blog for anyone who would like to see pictures here.

I finally got back to my Cat afghan after putting it aside for Valentine and swap projects. Two more rows completed. I also am working on a St. Patrick's Day project.

Those cookies look good enough to eat!!!

The wedding ring pattern is hard to do, from what I've heard...good move to go on to something else.

Is the filet hearts pattern a free one?

No, it isn't a free one. It's this one, I have it in this pattern book, but it's available in 3 others also I guess.

If you do a search you may find the pattern on Ebay or somewhere (Etsy?).

Quick pop in --I did another round on the RR--have enough yarn for 2 more rounds, I think and then it will be done- and pictures taken!

WTG, Joanne!!:cheer:cheer

No, it isn't a free one. It's this one, I have it in this pattern book, but it's available in 3 others also I guess.

If you do a search you may find the pattern on Ebay or somewhere (Etsy?).

That is very pretty :manyheart

Quick pop in --I did another round on the RR--have enough yarn for 2 more rounds, I think and then it will be done- and pictures taken!

:yay:clap

I finished a Leprechaun Toilet Paper Cover that I posted on my blog. It is nice to make a few things for our own house once in a while.

I finished two more rows on the cat afghan and got about half of the ends weaved they won't all be left at the end to do.

Adorable :manyheart

Hi guys

Just a quick stop in to visit and look at some of the photos of your projects. I'm sure I missed some, because I am a gazillion posts behind,so please don't be offended if I don't mention your pics . I just diid a hit or miss when choosing some pages to look through .

Joanne

Love the lilac baby ghan. Was it Cindy's pattern ? She has some beautiful ones doesnt she ?

Sahm

I bet your brother will love his afghan. The colors look really nice together and once he uses it awhile and breaks it in,it will lay just fine. Those type are hard to get tp lay totally flat because the squares are different sizes,so it's hard to make them match up exact when you put them together .

Moomoo

You have been hard at work and got a lot accomplished. I like the first scarf the best,although they are all pretty. I am partial to gree,so it usually wins my favorite list .

Granny

The babyghan is so pretty. Looks like an antique. I love patterns like that. Cindy is really good at designing them, isnt she ?

]

Big fun fam

I wondered which filet heart ghan you are using . I used this one for a wedding gift about 6 yrs ago maybe, and it turned out so pretty ;

http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FC00031&cat_id=298

Not sure if the link will work. I think you have to sign in to see the patterns. The pic they show doesnt show you the whole things-- click on the open the file. It has hearts and wedding rings woven together. I made mine in pink,because their colors were pink and red .

Hi Everyone! Just a quick pop in today! I'm miles behind in posts. Just as I was settling in to read, DH got chatty! UGH! :lol My mind can't take many distractions today, so I'll just say...thank you for all the lovely compliments about the baby blanket. I enjoyed making it! Cindy has some wonderful patterns! You have all been very busy and making some wonderful things! Keep up the great work everyone! Love the pics and looking forward to seeing more! I need to get my head to clear up so I can get some hook time in! See ya later! :hook

I finished a Leprechaun Toilet Paper Cover that I posted on my blog. It is nice to make a few things for our own house once in a while.

I finished two more rows on the cat afghan and got about half of the ends weaved they won't all be left at the end to do.

That is above and beyond cute!!!:cheer:clap

I have been distracted from crochet and my list by drum roll please Knitting..yup i finally sat down and taught myself to knit last week. And now i am hooked so to speak. I am working on a hole free blanket for my bratty 14yo son. Since afghans are not fun and very boring even knitted i am making it fun. He and I searched Knitting pattern central for dishcloth squares he picked out some, gave me color direction and said now knit mom. so the squares will be joined with a neutral color, probably black crochet edging and i am going to make some stitch practice squares to fill iin. I have one square done and another on the needles.

post-9809-135897732561_thumb.jpg

I have been distracted from crochet and my list by drum roll please Knitting..yup i finally sat down and taught myself to knit last week. And now i am hooked so to speak. I am working on a hole free blanket for my bratty 14yo son. Since afghans are not fun and very boring even knitted i am making it fun. He and I searched Knitting pattern central for dishcloth squares he picked out some, gave me color direction and said now knit mom. so the squares will be joined with a neutral color, probably black crochet edging and i am going to make some stitch practice squares to fill iin. I have one square done and another on the needles.

Adorable. These types of squares are about the only thing I can knit. I make them into dishcloths. I think its great you are going to make an afghan.

Hi guys

Joanne

Love the lilac baby ghan. Was it Cindy's pattern ? She has some beautiful ones doesnt she ?

Yes, this was Cindy's pattern, Peek-A-Boo Baby Blanket! I loved the pattern- so well written and I loved how it turned out!!! :manyheart

Looking good!!!!

Awesome job :clap:yay Your ds sounds funny :lol

Yesterday was frustrating because I ended up frogging several rows of my cat afghan to fix a color mix up that lost an ear. Still I ended up one row ahead.

I posted a Shamrock dishcloth I finished up on my blog today. The free pattern is actually hearts. The woman suggested it could be made into a Shamrock dishcloth and I couldn't resist the challenge as I love holiday dishcloths. The picture is posted here.

Yesterday was frustrating because I ended up frogging several rows of my cat afghan to fix a color mix up that lost an ear. Still I ended up one row ahead.

I posted a Shamrock dishcloth I finished up on my blog today. The free pattern is actually hearts. The woman suggested it could be made into a Shamrock dishcloth and I couldn't resist the challenge as I love holiday dishcloths. The picture is posted here.

Very cute!!:cheer

Very nice!!! It's great that you're going to make a blanket! I haven't got that much courage up yet! :lol

Cute cloth!!!

Part way through the last row of my cat afghan. Then it needs to be edged.

I started a set of Red Riding Hood Finger Puppets which I believe are destined for an Easter basket. I finished the trees yesterday and posted the pictures on my blog here.

I have the companion Three Little Pigs set I want to get finished because I that with the combined pieces they are going to be able to tell some fun stories.

Archived