2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

Haven't posted in a while but I've been reading all the chit chat. I'm working on my brother's b-day present, which is the afghan from the 2010 Bernat CAL. I'm almost done. I'm improvising a different square for the flower motif since it's for my brother, and then I'll be piecing it together! Hoping to get it in the mail by this Friday.

Welcome!

Congrats on finishing the ghan!

After that, I'll begin working on Christmas gifts & a special afghan for my grandmother who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

We'll keep you motivated.;)

Sending you good thoughts for your grandmother:hug:manyheart

a migraine has sidelined me again!:irk so all i have managed to work on is my granddaughter's plastic canvas doll house. for some reason i can do that in lower light and it does not bother my head.
:hug:hug:hug

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a migraine has sidelined me again!:irk so all i have managed to work on is my granddaughter's plastic canvas doll house. for some reason i can do that in lower light and it does not bother my head.

I hope that you feel better soon.

Haven't posted in a while but I've been reading all the chit chat. I'm working on my brother's b-day present, which is the afghan from the 2010 Bernat CAL. I'm almost done. I'm improvising a different square for the flower motif since it's for my brother, and then I'll be piecing it together! Hoping to get it in the mail by this Friday.

After that, I'll begin working on Christmas gifts & a special afghan for my grandmother who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

:cheer Cheering you on to finish your brother's ghan!! Did you decide which special afghan you are going to make your grandmother? I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers!:hug

Thanks Joanne, and I think I said 20 squares yesterday, but it's only going to be 12 :clap So I'm just about half way done. I already had the centers done and there's 12 there when I counted last night so it will be 3'x4' which I think is fine for the throw and don't want to commit to doing more since I already keep casting it aside :shrug

Judy - you can say that again :yes

That sounds great!!! 1/2 way to the finish line!!!!:cheer

No hooking last night, but high hopes for tonight :xfin:lol

:xfin with you!

I'm still making the baby ghan but since there's no rush I'm also still reading alot:D

:cheer Cheering you on to finish your brother's ghan!! Did you decide which special afghan you are going to make your grandmother? I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers!:hug

Thank you for the cheers & the prayers! They are much appreciated.

And I have decided what I want to do, I just need to finish designing it first. I'll leave it as a surprise for now.

Finished the baby ghan for my DD's friend who didn't get any handmade items at her baby shower. Cindy's pattern was great!!!

Very very nice! I'm still working on mine...LOL! But then I don't have a deadline;)

Very very nice! I'm still working on mine...LOL! But then I don't have a deadline;)

Thanks!! I really wanted to finish this so my DD can give it her friend before her baby girl arrives. I'm dropping it off tonight after work!

I was working on the RR with Charisma last night- and DH said- Oh, what are you going to do with that one? It's so soft--and I think it would look nice on the bed--so I guess this one may end up staying home!:lol

I was working on the RR with Charisma last night- and DH said- Oh, what are you going to do with that one? It's so soft--and I think it would look nice on the bed--so I guess this one may end up staying home!:lol

That's nice! When I tell DH I have plans for another ghan for me...he says there's no room for any more!:lol

Finished the baby ghan for my DD's friend who didn't get any handmade items at her baby shower. Cindy's pattern was great!!!

That turned out lovely, Joanne. :clap :clap :clap

So pretty!

Thanks!! I really wanted to finish this so my DD can give it her friend before her baby girl arrives. I'm dropping it off tonight after work!

Oooh a RR with Charisma would be so cuddly. I can't wait to see it :)

I am going to be turning my compute roff after i pick up my son from early release and devoting the afternoon...with the exception of one quick jaunt into farmville to harvest blueberries at 2...to crocheting my sister's birthday gift...a custom filet altar cloth...she is wiccan and has been asking for something for years and i finally got around to desigining it for her. I am hopingto finish it in time for her birthday Feb 2 but if not then it will be a gift for her nexdt "holiday" summer solstice i think?

I am going to be turning my compute roff after i pick up my son from early release and devoting the afternoon...with the exception of one quick jaunt into farmville to harvest blueberries at 2...to crocheting my sister's birthday gift...a custom filet altar cloth...she is wiccan and has been asking for something for years and i finally got around to desigining it for her. I am hopingto finish it in time for her birthday Feb 2 but if not then it will be a gift for her nexdt "holiday" summer solstice i think?
that sounds like a beautiful project!

Great baby blanket Joanne :manyheart

I got a little hooking time in last night and started the 7th square of my throw :D:clap

Go,:cheerMarisa,:cheerGo!

that sounds like a beautiful project!

QUOTE]

She and i designed it together...i should say that i called her and said what should be on it and she described what she might like. Then i designed it with the dimensions of her cedar chest that she uses as her altar. It has a pentacle in the center with the crescent moon facing in opposite directions...i think she called it the goddess symbol then to fill in the "dead" space i added the sillouhette of stalking cats in mirror image of each other. it looks like it will be perfect i just have to get my behind moving on it.

Archived