2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

Good morning. Plugging away on my first pair of knit slippers. Its slow going, but hopefully I will have one slipper done by the end of the week.

Good luck!!!

I started working on my own version of lettering for the bookmarks this morning and have come up with two versions that are similar and which I think I'll audition to see which actually looks the best.

Fantastic!!!

Decided I'm going to do the Bernat Mystery Ghan- glad you are doing it too, Marisa- I had fun with it last year! Not sure if I'm going to use the Waverly yarn (I am tempted), but will go "shopping" here on Saturday (aka looking through all my totes of yarn) and see what I've got--and if any color combos jump out at me!!!

I'm still undecided, but if I do I'll probably be stash busting. I really want some of that Waverly yarn though! :devil

I have my House Ornament posted on my blog. Only 35 more rows for the cat afghan!!

Cute ornament!!!

got the eyes for smurfette though my LYS only had brown in the size i needed so my smurfette will have brown eyes like my niece. I just don't have time before her birthday to order them online. So i should be able to make a dent in smurfette today.

Smurfette is going to be super cute with brown eyes!

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have my House Ornament posted on my blog. Only 35 more rows for the cat afghan!!

Very cute. I forget how many ornaments you said you are making, but you have a good start already.

I'm doing that Bernat CAL...I have itchy fingers and nothing else is speaking to me...

I might, but I'm waiting to see what the first clue looks like. I have lots and lots of yarn in my stash, I ought to be able to find something suitable without shopping!

Good luck!!!

Thanks, I'm going to need it. I knit so slowly, and I am a terrible procrastinator. As soon as I typed that I wanted to finish a slipper by the weekend, I totally lost interest in the slippers, and started knitting a dishcloth. I just printed out a crocheted hat pattern to try too.

Thanks, I'm going to need it. I knit so slowly, and I am a terrible procrastinator. As soon as I typed that I wanted to finish a slipper by the weekend, I totally lost interest in the slippers, and started knitting a dishcloth. I just printed out a crocheted hat pattern to try too.

:lol Good luck with whichever project you go with!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Cindy, I'm so glad to learn I'm not the only one with ADD when it comes to crafting!:lol

Very, very nice!:clap

got the eyes for smurfette though my LYS only had brown in the size i needed so my smurfette will have brown eyes like my niece. I just don't have time before her birthday to order them online. So i should be able to make a dent in smurfette today.

:yay:cheer:yay

Judy - you got me interpreted right....I don't do so well with lists :think Then I feel organized and more inclined to procrastinate :eek

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I got more of my ghan done last night and only have 2-3 row to do tonight and start the border. The party is tomorrow night, but it's NOT going to the bar with me to give to the bday boy :no

Good idea:P

I was able to finish my purple and white ripple blanket. It came out a little bigger than I had planned on. My daughter immediately claimed it as her own. Now to finish my nephew's camo afghan.

My to do list:

* Finish other nephew's box stitch camo afghan

* Make a brown,green, and blue ripple baby blanket

* Make an hexagon flowrer bag for myself

* Learn how to make a simple baby hat (monkey or owl)

Finished items:

purple and white ripple baby blanket http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rugged-ripples

post-46668-135897724618_thumb.jpg

post-46668-135897724622_thumb.jpg

I was able to finish my purple and white ripple blanket. It came out a little bigger than I had planned on. My daughter immediately claimed it as her own. Now to finish my nephew's camo afghan.

My to do list:

Finished items:

purple and white ripple baby blanket http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rugged-ripples

Very nice blanket!!!

That is a very pretty afghan.

Finished items:

purple and white ripple baby blanket

That came out really nice! Great job on finishing it!

My to do list:

Finished items:

Great job on the purple and white ripple! :yay :yay

Good morning. I've nearly finished that slipper. OF course now I have to make another one just like it. (always the hardest part of a two item project!)

Oldest DD called me last night and suggested that we consider doing a handmade Christmas next year, so I am busy scouting for more ideas.

Cindy, I love the idea of a handmade Christmas!

Awesome job!:clap With just the 2 colors I think it's very soothing a look.:c9

...FYI: the last ripple I made was also a lot bigger than I'd planned:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

My to do list:

Finished items:

Just a quick fly by for me this morning...

My to do list:

Finished items:

wanted to say that I love the ripple.....BUT, the model takes the cake :wink:yes

Good morning. I've nearly finished that slipper. OF course now I have to make another one just like it. (always the hardest part of a two item project!)

Oldest DD called me last night and suggested that we consider doing a handmade Christmas next year, so I am busy scouting for more ideas.

WTG on the slipper! I know you can make the other one too! :D I love the idea of a handmade Christmas! A lot of my gifts this past year were handmade and they went over very well especially with the younger kids!

:cheer:cheerHi there my freinds:

Here is a photo of what i have accomplished so far for gifts for christmas.

I will take more photos as i go along...

These are scrubbies and dishcloth sets.. I love to make this year round for gift giving too...

Hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-135897724837_thumb.jpg

These are scrubbies and dishcloth sets.. I love to make this year round for gift giving too...

Hugs

Lillibet

Oh, I love the bright colors!!!:clap

Hugs

Lillibet

Those are REALLY pretty! What pattern did you use for the scrubbie? It's super cute :manyheart

Hugs

Lillibet

Those are very pretty.

Hugs

Lillibet

Those are lovely, Lillibet. :clap :clap :clap

migraine headache sidelined me today...no crochet:eek but i have been working on the Plastic canvas doll house for my granddaughter. That seems to not aggrivate the migraine.:think

Archived