2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - SEE NEW LINK TO 2013 THREAD IN POST #1

judianne

I finished the owl hat and scarf set. I think that they came out nicely.

Tonight I started a baby blanket for an aquaintance. I can only work on the wedding ring afghans when my darlings are asleep because it takes a little more of my brain, lol.

I love that set- it came out great!!!

I don't have little ones, but I totally get only being able to concentrate on certain patterns when I have more of my brain power. Thus, the tendency to stick with 'mindless' patterns---the RR sure fits that criteria for me!

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pretty scarf and hat.

I had 45 rows done on the afghan I'm working on, 300 stitches in each row, and the count was off. I had to frog 1 full row and most of another row but I'm back on track and have 47 of the 250 rows completed.

Tonight I started a baby blanket for an aquaintance. I can only work on the wedding ring afghans when my darlings are asleep because it takes a little more of my brain, lol.

Nice work on the hat and scarf. That's a great pattern.

Hi, little worker bees!;)

That's sooooo cute!:clap

I had 45 rows done on the afghan I'm working on, 300 stitches in each row, and the count was off. I had to frog 1 full row and most of another row but I'm back on track and have 47 of the 250 rows completed.

Been there...when making most of my graph ghans I've had to frog more than one row:P

Beautiful. I love the colors.

Another ornament completed. I hoped to post on my blog today, but the camera phone is having one of its "moments."

If all goes well I have 48 more rows to finish on the last of my 2011 afghan projects. I spent most of yesterday weaving in ends so I only completed 2 more rows.

This is my new list:

I need 3 dozen snowflakes

3 dozen angels

3 dozen stockings

3 dozen candy cane holders

3 dozen covered ornaments

8 cross-stitch stockings

3 dozen dishclothes

1 dozen potholders

5 doll afghans

30 grocery totes for charity fundraising

hockey quilt for Freeze raffle for Christmas week next year

and in the middle I want to learn to crochet socks.

I will be getting started after I finish scrap ripple I am working on.:manyheart

WOW!!!! :eek Color me impressed!

Very, very nice! :clap :clap :clap

:frog:2frog:frog Naughty Frogs!!! :frog:2frog:frog

I spent a while looking at cross-stitch books looking for the letters I want to use on the bookmarks. Getting closer.

Gorgeous :manyheart

When I'm working with a lot of stitches per row, I like to set a stitch marker at usually every 50 and do it in sections moving them up each row as I work. That way I find it easier to catch something ahead of time since when I stop to move the stitch marker to the new row, I count that set of 50 :yes I seems a little time consuming, but only takes a second and most of all gives me peace of mind :lol

Another ornament completed. I hoped to post on my blog today, but the camera phone is having one of its "moments."

If all goes well I have 48 more rows to finish on the last of my 2011 afghan projects. I spent most of yesterday weaving in ends so I only completed 2 more rows.

Oh, I hope your camera phone decides to work soon :( WTG on your afghan :yay Weaving ends is my LEAST favorite part of crocheting :(:shrug

I spent a while looking at cross-stitch books looking for the letters I want to use on the bookmarks. Getting closer.

Did you decide yet?

Can I join, too? I need to get started on some Christmasy things that I just never get to because there's not enough days in November and December to do them.

I have wanted to crochet a Christmas tree from Mypicot's pattern, a nativity set for niece/nephew, make an angel for the top of my tree, a new tree skirt, and finally finish the knitted stocking I started 10 years ago.

Seems like I'm so busy making gifts that I never get to make these holiday things I've been wanting to do forever. Maybe I can work a bit thru the year so I'll be able to enjoy them next Christmas instead of wishing I had them done.

Thanks!

I started Smurfette for my niece's birthday, finished the head and realized that i don't have safety eyes...so tomrrow off the the store to get smurf blue eyes. did make another bib for my granddaughter...i like crocheted cotton ones to use when she visits us.

Can I join, too? I need to get started on some Christmasy things that I just never get to because there's not enough days in November and December to do them.

I have wanted to crochet a Christmas tree from Mypicot's pattern, a nativity set for niece/nephew, make an angel for the top of my tree, a new tree skirt, and finally finish the knitted stocking I started 10 years ago.

Seems like I'm so busy making gifts that I never get to make these holiday things I've been wanting to do forever. Maybe I can work a bit thru the year so I'll be able to enjoy them next Christmas instead of wishing I had them done.

Thanks!

Great ideas. It is so much easier to do them when the rush isn't on.

Agree that it's great to get things done ahead of time.

Chrissy- The Smurfette sounds so cute

Mattenylou-- We'll be here to cheer you on so that all those Christmas decorations will get done this year!!

Hi, ya, gang!:) It's beyond :wbrr here this morning!

Thanks!

Welcome!!

Youhave a wonderful idea! Because I'm so much like you, may I make a suggestion? Start with a small project, or break them up into easily achieved goals.;)

I started Smurfette for my niece's birthday, finished the head and realized that i don't have safety eyes...so tomrrow off the the store to get smurf blue eyes. did make another bib for my granddaughter...i like crocheted cotton ones to use when she visits us.
Good for you - a Smurfette sounds like such a cute gift. I hope you find the eyes you need!

Hi all! Still trying to get my list together! I finished a scarf for Compassionate Creations last night, but that is an ongoing thing, and I'm working on a knit dishcloth just for fun. My friends daughter is supposed to find out the sex of the twins today so then I can figure out what pattern/colors I want to make! They are due in May. I'm also searching for something to make my GD for her 3rd birthday in Feb. I'm thinking a sweater, but don't know if I'm that ambitious! :lol Oh, and DH just added a doggie sweater to my list! So, my list is started, just not organized! :)

Hi all! Still trying to get my list together! I finished a scarf for Compassionate Creations last night, but that is an ongoing thing, and I'm working on a knit dishcloth just for fun. My friends daughter is supposed to find out the sex of the twins today so then I can figure out what pattern/colors I want to make! They are due in May. I'm also searching for something to make my GD for her 3rd birthday in Feb. I'm thinking a sweater, but don't know if I'm that ambitious! :lol Oh, and DH just added a doggie sweater to my list! So, my list is started, just not organized! :)

You're going to be busy!

I found a pattern for my spring colored yarn and unless there's a need, it's for me:lol

The pattern is from Quick Stitch Crochet Afghans and is called Four-Patch Fantasy. Basicaly blocks of four small squares put togetheras a large block.

***not happy with the colors I picked or the look this pattern has with them....I think I see a "saltine" ghan in my future instead...LOL!

And there will be another baby ghan to make this spring for another neighbor. I'm leaving a hugelegacy in this neighborhood!

Good morning! Chilly weather here again this morning. It's supposed to start warming up again tomorrow.

Did you decide yet?

Nope, haven't decided on the lettering yet. I was fooling around with it again last night. I may see if I can create my own.

Thanks!

Welcome. Sounds like a great idea to start in on your stuff for you now and worry about the other stuff for others later when you usually do.

Good afternoon friends :hi

I made a little progress on my ghan last night, but sometimes life just gets in the way :sigh:lol

Baily - your reindeer ornament is just adorable :yes

Welcome to all the newcomers still joining.

Got my camera working so my first ornament is posted on my blog!

Reindeer Ornament

I believe I am down to 43 rows on the cat afghan I have to finish from last Christmas.:lol:lol

that's so adorable!!!:clap

Good afternoon friends :hi

I made a little progress on my ghan last night, but sometimes life just gets in the way :sigh:lol

Baily - your reindeer ornament is just adorable :yes

Welcome to all the newcomers still joining.

Progress is progress. When you are almost finished you will be glad of those rows you squeezed in on those challenging days.:lol

Thanks for the all the compliments everyone. The designer is wonderful. The directions were easy to follow. I hope she designs more. I will be back to look.

very cute reindeer ornie.

I ahve decided to slip in some charity crochet to my lists. I have gone through my stash and found some very soft yarn so i am going to try and make some scarves for grannyannie some baby hats for the local hospital and some rectangles for our wounded troops. all projects that i can do on the road, no pattern necessary and easy to carry along with me. I may not get many of either done but even a few of each makes a difference. DH has a new job but we only have one car so some nights i am going to have to pick him up and am going to need something to do while waiting for him to lock up. and all these i work on with my lighted hooks so no need to run the car for lights but i can also just bring it in and wait int he store so no pattern would be easier.

Reindeer Ornament

I believe I am down to 43 rows on the cat afghan I have to finish from last Christmas.:lol:lol

What a cute ornament!!!

I ahve decided to slip in some charity crochet to my lists. I have gone through my stash and found some very soft yarn so i am going to try and make some scarves for grannyannie some baby hats for the local hospital and some rectangles for our wounded troops. all projects that i can do on the road, no pattern necessary and easy to carry along with me. I may not get many of either done but even a few of each makes a difference. DH has a new job but we only have one car so some nights i am going to have to pick him up and am going to need something to do while waiting for him to lock up. and all these i work on with my lighted hooks so no need to run the car for lights but i can also just bring it in and wait int he store so no pattern would be easier.

Thank you for thinking of me. That is very sweet.:hug

Good thinking!

Reindeer Ornament

That is really cute! Great job on persevering on your afghan! I can't wait to see your finished pics of it :)

Archived